#51 Posted: 03:59:00 18/01/2012
No.

FFFFFF.... Post limit.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#52 Posted: 04:02:54 18/01/2012
"LOL FERNGULLY!!!"

Hey that movie was part of my childhood smilie . It was just a wild guess, I haven't seen that movie since I was 6.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:05:18 18/01/2012 by OpalOsprey
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#53 Posted: 02:58:38 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Sweet Jesus that one BADASS voodood

[User Posted Image]
---
THE END IS NEAR
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#54 Posted: 10:51:08 16/04/2012
http://nroc-nuika.deviantart.com/gallery/34542532

Please take a look. I do try pretty hard on my art smilie
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#55 Posted: 18:51:42 16/04/2012
Quote: Nroc-Nuika

Wow man that's some quality stuff right there! It has a very Cartoon feel which is perfect for Skylanders. Bright colors, clean lines! Awesome.

Question in General

I have to ask though and please don't lynch me.

Whats with the my Little Ponies stuff I See all over the place? Last time I checked it was a cartoon for girls during the 80s?
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#56 Posted: 19:51:54 16/04/2012
^ I'm a girl and I can't stand My Little Pony but I'm from the 90's so maybe that's why? I think that it's some kind of fad going around or something.

Edit: Even though I don't care much for My Little Pony, I really like your pictures Nroc-Nuika, so my comment didn't have anything to do with you =).

I drew a picture a while back ago of Spyro and Wrecking Ball but it's not very good and it's done with color pencil so I'm not sure if I should post it here.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:27 16/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
#57 Posted: 20:03:48 16/04/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ I'm a girl and I can't stand My Little Pony but I'm from the 90's so maybe that's why? I think that it's some kind of fad going around or something.

Edit: Even though I don't care much for My Little Pony, I really like your pictures Nroc-Nuika, so my comment didn't have anything to do with you =).

I drew a picture a while back ago of Spyro and Wrecking Ball but it's not very good and it's done with color pencil so I'm not sure if I should post it here.

Do eet!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#58 Posted: 20:18:39 16/04/2012
^But it's horrible!
---

#59 Posted: 20:26:54 16/04/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
^But it's horrible!

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. What may look horrible to you, may look good to us. If you put effort into it, it will be seen.

EDITED for my in ability to use english apparently...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:17 16/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
#60 Posted: 20:29:34 16/04/2012
^ Thanks =) I'll post it here when I'm done with my classes today at college which should be around 7:43pm PST.
---

Zenfyre Red Sparx Gems: 86
#61 Posted: 22:20:04 16/04/2012
I drew Whirlwind if anyone's curious: http://zenfyre.deviantart.com/...lands-292834651
I also have some Skylander sketches that I need to polish up sitting on my computer as well.

Quote: StormbringerGT

Wow man that's some quality stuff right there! It has a very Cartoon feel which is perfect for Skylanders. Bright colors, clean lines! Awesome.

Question in General

I have to ask though and please don't lynch me.

Whats with the my Little Ponies stuff I See all over the place? Last time I checked it was a cartoon for girls during the 80s?

My Little Pony is popular again because it's current running show "Friendship is Magic" has been very successful and even gained a massive internet following. You can easily find the episodes on Youtube (or Netflix now) and, being a fan of the show myself, I recommend you watch a few of them.
---
Skylander Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#62 Posted: 22:54:06 16/04/2012
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

So apparently instead of doing anything remotely serious, I just decided to doodle up a really rough Cynder and Sunburn in my tablets note taking software
Totally what it was made for
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
#63 Posted: 23:22:48 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zenfyre
I drew Whirlwind if anyone's curious: http://zenfyre.deviantart.com/...lands-292834651
I also have some Skylander sketches that I need to polish up sitting on my computer as well.

.. Nice
---
THE END IS NEAR
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#64 Posted: 23:24:53 16/04/2012
Bah! I was trying to draw the skylander i made up WhipVine but then i made it into a Other dragon smilie
#65 Posted: 05:42:00 17/04/2012
Nice sketches, Astrail =)!

Here is my picture, Storm. I warned you that it wasn't going to be any good but hopefully someone will like it. I have nerve damage in my hands so if the lines aren't really strait or even, that's why. My scanner isn't very good so I'm sorry for any pixilation or bad image quality.

Wrecking Ball mistakes Spyro's tail as a corn cob:

[User Posted Image]

Edit: That image is larger than I expected, does anyone know how I can change the size without having to post another picture of it in Deviant Art?
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:43:33 17/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
#66 Posted: 06:10:20 17/04/2012
I think its a very good picture. The scene is cute. The colors are bright and the color pencils soften it. I think its great! And you managed to knock that out with nerve damage?! Bravo!

Come to think of it I haven't seen a fail picture yet in this thread! smilie
---
#67 Posted: 06:13:51 17/04/2012
^ Thank you very much =). My nerve damage isn't severe but it does act up often if I'm holding pencils, painting, writing or typing. Thanks again for the positive feedback =)!
---

#68 Posted: 06:25:08 17/04/2012
I can't color worth a damn (outside painting) so I tend to not draw. Which is why I stick to clay and paints lol.
---
#69 Posted: 06:34:50 17/04/2012
^ Well, I think that you're a great painter and your Pokemon clay creations were very unique and detailed. Your work inspired me to paint my own Skylander figure which I might have not started without seeing your Cynder. I'm currently painting a Whirlwind that should be done by next week if I don't have a lot of homework.
---

#70 Posted: 13:08:26 17/04/2012
Couldn't agree more. That's some really good art there! All through this thread.
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#71 Posted: 14:17:14 17/04/2012
Dangit...okay...I will work on a piece to add to here. Who should I draw. Pick 3 characters and I'll thow together a sketch of them. smilie Maybe I'll do a dueling Flameslinger/Stealth Elf. Nice pic Opal!
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#72 Posted: 14:22:40 17/04/2012
I've yet to see any good art of Zook. Or Double Trouble, or Warnado. These three perhaps?
---
#73 Posted: 14:52:45 17/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Not bad.. in fact this is good
---
THE END IS NEAR
#74 Posted: 17:16:24 17/04/2012
I've been intending to do a giant poster, but haven't had time to do much with my hunt for the last ones...lol...that and other home projects. I'll sit down and sketch tonight a rough drawing of what I want to do for my finished piece. If I don't get sidetracked of course...
---
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#75 Posted: 18:05:57 17/04/2012

Love the MLP references in some of them smilie

Especially the Spyro and Twilight Sparkle one. Looks like he's about to marry her!
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:10:03 17/04/2012 by reventon777
#76 Posted: 20:52:52 17/04/2012
Thanks everyone for the complements =). I think that the poster idea sounds really cool, Xero. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
---

#77 Posted: 21:08:11 17/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The same guy who created badass voodood created lightning rod and sunburn
http://mad-project.deviantart.com/gallery/
---
THE END IS NEAR
#78 Posted: 21:09:59 17/04/2012
Actually they're 4 people under one name. They do a lot of adult Skylander art too.
---
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#79 Posted: 23:19:14 17/04/2012
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
This is part of a series of pics I'm doing for the SSA elements. Basically I take one Skylander and 3 other characters who suit a certain element and shove em in a pic together. I'm not posting them all here tho. The rest are on my dA account.
[User Posted Image]
If you can guess any/all of these characters (not stealth elf) I will love you forever.

Arthur (top-right)
Samos (top-left)
And I've seeing ur Class of the Titans pics so
Pan (bottom left)
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
#80 Posted: 07:35:10 18/04/2012
I said I'd post a sketch. So here we go. I didn't get a chance to draw until 11:45 or so. So here is what 20 minutes produces...lol. Been a long while since I sketched. Planning to attempt to do a photoshop poster of all 32 figures large first and then condensed into a poster size. This is sketch 1...need to do some variations though. First attempt. smilie Hope you enjoy! Say hi to Zook!

[User Posted Image]

Edit: I need to do more sketching...this is terrible...lol. I need to repose that arm on the right...and exaggerate the features even more....and shading is way jacked up...GAH!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:38:38 18/04/2012 by xerokills
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#81 Posted: 11:21:54 18/04/2012
Quote: xerokills

Edit: I need to do more sketching...this is terrible...lol. I need to repose that arm on the right...and exaggerate the features even more....and shading is way jacked up...GAH!

Questions: Did you enjoy drawing the above image? Does it give others enjoyment to view the image?

I must certainly enjoy your sketch of Zook, the lively movements truly captured the spirit of the character. Zook is a very square and rough edged character, but you have made him softer and more likable, just by rounding him off and making curvier. I studied animation for over three years and can more certainly talk the talk smilie

Here's my doodle of Trigger Happy from my notes for Trigger Happy Plush. I'm convinced the sketch is cursed as the last time I coloured in in Paint Shop, the program crashed right and the end and I lost the colour job :'(

[User Posted Image]
For anyone curious on said plush
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#82 Posted: 12:45:10 18/04/2012
Buzz^ yes, I totally enjoyed doing it. But the problem I came across is I get so hyper focused on the details, I could spend another hour on it. I have to remind myself it's a sketch and the final will get all the details down. I need to do a series of thumbnails first so I don't go crazy trying to nail down everything. I find I do my best sketches in ballpoint pen. I don't have any non-traceable blue pens left or I would do this sketch first, then go over it in an art pen after I scanned it. As for if it gives others enjoyment viewing it. I hope it gives people inspiration to do their own art. I went to school and started as a graphic artist, and wound up becoming an industrial designer. My career path never went on the path of an artist however. I work in an art related field, but my creative tools are rarely used. This was the first time in a long time where I didn't think about what I was drawing. I looked at the figure and I just started scribbling away.

And I do hope others enjoy!

Also, I don't know your age, but you have a good knack for some perspective and if you just thickened up your linework, you could make that picture pop without any color at all. smilie Sorry that Paint crapped out on you at the last minute. Remember to always save frequently! smilie Nobody likes 2 hours of rendering going to waste.
---
#83 Posted: 13:42:18 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I said I'd post a sketch. So here we go. I didn't get a chance to draw until 11:45 or so. So here is what 20 minutes produces...lol. Been a long while since I sketched. Planning to attempt to do a photoshop poster of all 32 figures large first and then condensed into a poster size. This is sketch 1...need to do some variations though. First attempt. smilie Hope you enjoy! Say hi to Zook!

[User Posted Image]

OMG your Zook is awesome
---
THE END IS NEAR
#84 Posted: 14:16:09 18/04/2012
Thanks Nitendo! smilie Wait till you see the finished piece smilie
---
#85 Posted: 18:55:11 18/04/2012
Ywah I wouldnt knock that zook at all, he looks awesome. Thats what concept art and sketches are for. I like how he is all excited and ****!
---
#86 Posted: 19:59:45 18/04/2012
The nice thing is, I can look at this one and refine what I don't like pretty quick. I gave it away on another group, and just got contacted to do a piece for some little boy's birthday of Camo. So it looks like Camo will be the next one I do. I'll redraw this one tonight though and really make it pop.
---
#87 Posted: 20:07:14 18/04/2012
^ I can't wait to see it! By the way, you did really good on that Zook drawing. You're a far better artist than me.
---

slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#88 Posted: 22:40:55 18/04/2012
xero: That zook is very awesome! I need to learn how to do shading like that (im a horrible "shader" but a pretty good "drawer" (lol sry for the incorrect grammer))!
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#89 Posted: 01:16:25 19/04/2012
Ok I want to add color to my second whirlwind and stealth elf. Will markers work or is sharpie better?
#90 Posted: 02:08:44 19/04/2012
Rand...don't use markers. Don't use sharpies. If you thicken the lines on a drawing, use black sharpie. I also use a fine sharpie for the finer work or a .05 roller ball ink pen or an expensive micron pen. As for coloring them, I'd suggest coloring in a colored pencil or use alcohol based markers. They put a wash on things as opposed to being really heavy. The more layers you put on, the darker the color gets. The guy who did that really cool Voodood used alcohol based markers. The one brand I used to use in college was called Tria. They are very expensive though, and buying a whole set can run in the 100's of dollars. So a cheap alternative is to render it on a computer using a free version of Adobe Photoshop, or Painter or Paintshop Pro. There are lot of tutorials online.

As for shading. I just use simple cross hatching and ballpoint pen allows you to get darks and lights depending on the pressure you put on the paper. You just have to experiment. The best suggestion I can give is go look at an object, draw it and see how light hits it. Shadows typically fall in certain places and the more you draw them, the more you know where there will be highlights and dark shadows. And a lot is all just putting it there to make it pop out of the drawing. I know my shadows are horrendous in mine. I look at it and get upset and want to keep fixing it.

Just gotta keep practicing. Another suggestion is to scan and print your sketches. Never ruin your original with color. Also invest in pencils and pens that are non-photo blue/non retraceable blue. It's a light blue color that when you scan, it won't pick up those lines. So you can ink right on top of your sketch done in the blue and all that shows up is the final inking. I myself need to go buy more. Soon...okay...time to work on Camo! \

Hey Opal, did you get my PM?
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#91 Posted: 02:33:50 19/04/2012
Thanks xero, except I was taking about an actual figure. But the advice is actually very good! smilie
#92 Posted: 02:39:23 19/04/2012
Oh...for a figure...use acrylic paint. Go visit the custom skylander thread. There is some great info there. But spray primer them first. Then paint with acrylic paints. Use water to thin them. Walmart sells a 25 piece brush set for 5 dollars that has some very fine brushes in there to get you started. They should have an acrylic set for about 10 dollars too. smilie
---
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#93 Posted: 03:06:38 19/04/2012
Quote: Skylanderportal
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
This is part of a series of pics I'm doing for the SSA elements. Basically I take one Skylander and 3 other characters who suit a certain element and shove em in a pic together. I'm not posting them all here tho. The rest are on my dA account.
[User Posted Image]
If you can guess any/all of these characters (not stealth elf) I will love you forever.

Arthur (top-right)
Samos (top-left)
And I've seeing ur Class of the Titans pics so
Pan (bottom left)

Holy freaking crap, someone actually recognised them, and you watch class of the titans? smilie You're the first person I've ever seen on this site who knows what it is!

And you've seen my art, wow. You are awesome.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#94 Posted: 04:07:01 19/04/2012
I used to watch it but since Jetix went out of TV....
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#95 Posted: 04:10:00 19/04/2012
^Sucks... They haven't aired it in new Zealand in a while either. Except they didn't air it in English, only in Maori, so I had no idea what the hell was going on... Stupid TVNZ only airing american shows... I just watch it on Youtube now, even if the resolution is crap.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Zenfyre Red Sparx Gems: 86
#96 Posted: 05:26:14 19/04/2012

[User Posted Image]

My word, that is one awesome Zook fanart! Looks like he's ready to blow stuff up with that bazooka of his. For just a sketch that looks terrific.
---
Skylander Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#97 Posted: 12:36:23 19/04/2012
Buzz^ yes, I totally enjoyed doing it. But the problem I came across is I get so hyper focused on the details, I could spend another hour on it. I have to remind myself it's a sketch and the final will get all the details down. I need to do a series of thumbnails first so I don't go crazy trying to nail down everything. I find I do my best sketches in ballpoint pen. I don't have any non-traceable blue pens left or I would do this sketch first, then go over it in an art pen after I scanned it. As for if it gives others enjoyment viewing it. I hope it gives people inspiration to do their own art. I went to school and started as a graphic artist, and wound up becoming an industrial designer. My career path never went on the path of an artist however. I work in an art related field, but my creative tools are rarely used. This was the first time in a long time where I didn't think about what I was drawing. I looked at the figure and I just started scribbling away.

Sorry for the delay in this reply, when I really want to type I go to my netbook. I usually use my iPod for surfing this site, but typing a long message is tiresome on an iPod smilie

One of my animation tutors used to say that a ballpoint pen was one of the best things to draw with. Mostly as you can't make corrections with it and that just frees you up to enjoy the drawing. I do my favourite sketches in the notepad I leave by the land line phone. Mostly because while I'm on the phone my brain is distracted by speech and the drawing can grow without me thinking about it too much. It's the whole left brain versus right brain thing in action smilie

Also, I don't know your age, but you have a good knack for some perspective and if you just thickened up your linework, you could make that picture pop without any color at all. smilie Sorry that Paint crapped out on you at the last minute. Remember to always save frequently! smilie Nobody likes 2 hours of rendering going to waste.

I'm closer to 30 that I would like
27 to be exact
, never thought I'd ever be that age, I still think I'm 19-21 mostly because I still look that age smilie

I think the problem I had was I had just recently installed Paintshop on my Netbook and assumed the autobackup was set as standard, and guess what - it wasn't :/ I've learned the lesson now, and what the heck, it was fun painting up the sketch, so what if no one else got to see it finalised? There is more important things in life to worry over smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#98 Posted: 13:19:46 19/04/2012
^ I'm 35...36 next month. I am young at heart and I'd like to think I hold my age pretty well...minus the grey hairs I have gotten the last 2 years...which is depressing. But I still feel like I'm in my 20's. I still won't grow old mentally. I probably am more wise from years of working under my belt, but you won't take the kid out of me.

I never worked much with paintshop much. Always been a Photoshop guy. But I'm sure both have their advantages. I was irked I didn't get a chance to sketch last night. I wound up crossing paths with a bunch of Camo and Warnado and was busy distributing them...and communicating with my other group. But since I posted that picture I've had 4 requests to do finished art for their kids. So that gives me something positive to do with my art skills that have been laying dormant for a few years now. And I love ballpoint pen...you just keep going over it again and again and it gets crisper and crisper. Then when you're done you can slap sharpie on it and it'll be pretty nice at the end or you can scan it and finish it on computer. Wish I had a sketch screen tablet. But alas I don't have 1000's burning a hole in my pocket. smilie
---
#99 Posted: 18:44:07 19/04/2012
Xero I know exactly how you feel. Im 31 and I still love to have fun.

A lot of other people think I'm odd for enjoying stuff like, Pokemon, Skylanders and Lego.

I think they are odd for enjoying skinny jeans, spray tans and flat brimmed hats.
---
#100 Posted: 19:07:53 19/04/2012
lol...I know, right? HAHA. I try to find a good mix in life I think. I also try to help educate a little bit about these hobbies and most are very receptive... smilie
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me