Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > This is the thread about translucent figurines
Page 1 of 1
This is the thread about translucent figurines [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1 Posted: 05:37:46 08/12/2011 | Topic Creator
So, we have mention of the choice of red, blue and green for translucent rares coming out next year in another thread, but no thread dedicated to people's thoughts on this.

Are you going to buy them? Or do you think it is a waste of money? Or will your decision be based on if they look translucent in the game and/or have different stats like the Legendaries?

Personally, everyone who knows me in this forum would safely guess that I will hunt them down.

Oh, please don't let this devolve into a colour choice thread as the originating FaceBook thread covers that suitably.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#2 Posted: 05:39:31 08/12/2011
My decision may likely be based on if the colour/figure has any meaning in the game, but as I adore the colours, I'll likely get at least one figure for each colour, of my most favorite Skylanders.
#3 Posted: 05:43:45 08/12/2011 | Topic Creator
For the record, so far the idea is that there will be only one translucent colour. Of course, Activision for Bob may reserve the right to milk us more by offering multiple colours.

What is unclear is which figurine/s will be done. The FB page shows a Bash example but talks of a range so there is no clarity on the chars to be "translucified".
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 05:46:35 08/12/2011
I don't know. If all of the figures get 'translucified' as you have said (smilie) then I may get one...if I can. If they're just select figures then I most likely won't get them.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#5 Posted: 05:49:19 08/12/2011 | Topic Creator
No, I don't think it would be the whole range. My understanding is that is will be like the silver ones but more "official" as they announced it beforehand.

I think there would be a revolt if they did the whole range.

Also don't know how rare they are going to be and if it is a random thing like the silvers or merely a more expensive purchase?
---
Soylent Green is People!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#6 Posted: 05:49:46 08/12/2011
Ah, I forgot the part with only one colour (tired). ^.^; But still, I'll likely get at least one.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#7 Posted: 05:52:35 08/12/2011
Quote: chaosworrier
No, I don't think it would be the whole range. My understanding is that is will be like the silver ones but more "official" as they announced it beforehand.

I think there would be a revolt if they did the whole range.

Also don't know how rare they are going to be and if it is a random thing like the silvers or merely a more expensive purchase?
Which is why it's probably going to be whole range. I'm still under the theory that silvers are actually misprints made on purpose to move the sales along. This one's official, so yeah.

If it is, then the SSA sections of our nearby stores will be quite messy...which is a big understatement right there.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#8 Posted: 07:20:55 08/12/2011
I'm in the camp of people who would get some if they changed colours in the game or had different stats.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 11:26:26 08/12/2011
It's been confirmed the silvers aren't misprints, just a common marketing tactic. And I believe the silvers were announced before they were released on Acti's FAQ site.

I'd get the blue or green one, but red is my least favourite color, so I'm not so sure I'd get that one :/
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:31:15 08/12/2011 by RadSpyro
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#10 Posted: 11:50:06 08/12/2011
I think Activision should release the rest of the Skylanders before they make any more colour variants. Not that I have anything against the translucent figures. I wouldn't mind getting ones of my favourite characters.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#11 Posted: 13:27:32 08/12/2011
Oh we'll definitely be buying them... if we see them in a store. Anything more than standard shelf price, when we've got a baby and our family to worry about, is financially reckless. I guess that's about the only reason we wouldn't, though. Trust me, if money were no object, the figures would be pretty cool. Heh.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#12 Posted: 14:48:59 08/12/2011
doing nothing for the game = not buying...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me