Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
DEAR ACTIVISIOn [CLOSED]
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#51 Posted: 07:22:51 10/12/2011
Because clearly seniority has everything to do with logic. I see your point. I shall stay out of your business from now on, because obviously you have more gems than me. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#52 Posted: 07:24:03 10/12/2011
And you clearly have no clue about me on the forums here.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#53 Posted: 07:26:41 10/12/2011
I realize that you probably have a good reputation on the forums, but complaining about complainers is hypocritical, and I can't just pretend you're not doing it. There are better and more constructive ways to tell people to be quiet than to belittle their intelligence or make fun of them. As someone with 2723 gems, which, I agree, represents substantial contributions to these forums, you should be a positive example to other posters and not lower yourself to their level when things get out of hand like this. I don't care if I just joined here. You are going about things the wrong way, and if you'd like to debate with me on it, I must warn you, I will prove a formidable adversary.
#54 Posted: 07:30:29 10/12/2011
If you've been a long time Spyro fan and seen all sorts of fans complaining about the littlest things, you'll probably understand. There are other fans here who complain about 'complainers', not just me. Look around more instead of just focusing on my actions.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:53:48 10/12/2011 by Aura24
#55 Posted: 07:54:53 10/12/2011
I know that. Make no mistake, the release date complaining does bother me. People need to exercise due patience, it's true. Although I just joined here, I have been lurking for quite some time. And yes, seeing the umpteenth rant about release dates, plagued with the same strange sense of entitlement to all future figures as each that came before, does get repetitive. I want the figures as much as anyone, I keep my mouth shut about it, and deep down, I wish others would do the same. I agree with you fully, and you're not wrong.

However, I find the better approach to the overwhelming ferocity for new figures is just to ignore it. When they're released, it will subside, and people can move on to the next item on their complaining agenda--lack of DLC! Lack of foresight on Activision's part to make even more figures, for even more staggered releases! Lack of planning for new Skylanders content between the end of the current releases and the release of the inevitable sequel! Oh, the horror. Not every part of a fandom is pretty. We stick it out not out of love for those who set a bad example for our fandom, but for love of the game. Personally, I adore Skylanders, despite the fervor over when the next wave will arrive, and posts like these ones cannot dissuade me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:55:30 10/12/2011 by Tashiji
#56 Posted: 08:02:15 10/12/2011
There will always be fans complaining about things that don't go what they expected it to go.
---
#57 Posted: 08:05:28 10/12/2011
Exactly. Even if everything is going swimmingly, which I do believe to be the case for Skylanders, there's no such thing as enough when you bring consumerism into the equation. Everyone has different expectations for their investment, it's just that some are, well, unrealistically high.
Vhraina Green Sparx Gems: 210
#58 Posted: 09:00:46 10/12/2011
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure is a spin-off game in the Spyro series. It was published by Activision and developed by Toys for Bob. Vicarious Visions developed the Nintendo 3DS release. It was released on October 12, 2011 in Australia for the PC and October 13, 2011 on other consoles. The game was released on October 14, 2011 in Europe and October 16, 2011 in North America. Frima Studio will be developing the Web, iPhone, and iPad version of Skylanders.[2] Square-Enix is scheduled to release a Japanese version of this game in December 2011 for Japan[citation needed].

This is quoted from the Skylanders wiki. If SquareEnix is releasing Skylanders for Japan this month, then it would probably stand that they will release new figures and possibly a level pack to go with it as a 'special' deal thing. *shrugs* It may just be conjecture, but who knows? I would keep an eye out for when it is released in Japan as an almost definite 'go-to' date for release of wave 3 in North America. I looked on amazon.co.jp and all they have available to buy is the music and the game guide. I can't find anything else out aside from the fact that it should be released this month.
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:22:59 10/12/2011 by Vhraina
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#59 Posted: 12:10:11 10/12/2011
I notice the [citation needed] at the end of this information, which means that there's no proof about it on the wiki, I'd like to see more before (evidences) =)
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#60 Posted: 12:39:56 10/12/2011
Quote: paddyflan
DEAR ACTIVISION,
YOU PRODUCE GREAT GAMES BUT YOU SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MARKETING. I JUST WISH YOU COULD SEE THE TORMENT MY EARS HAVE TO EXPERIENCE EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF THE INCESSANT QUESTIONS I GET FROM MY KIDS REGARDING THE RELEASE OF THE REMAINING CHARACTERS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DECIDE TO RELEASE THEM TOMORROW OR A YEAR FROM NOW....JUST GIVE US THE BLOODY RELEASE DATES SO I CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL MY KIDS. THEIR LOVE FOR THE GAME OF SKYLANDERS WILL SOON WANE WHEN CONTINUOUSLY TEMPERED WITH DISAPPOINTMENT AND OTHER CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. SO ACTIVISION STOP BEING A SCROOGE AND GET OFF YOUR A*S AND RESCUE MY EARS BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY MY KIDS JOY.

YOURS SINCERELY

P*SSED OFF PARENT

Dear Parent,

LOLZ!
WHY U NO TYPE LIKE AN ADULT?

Or I have the feeling the people of Activision would do something like this:

Quote: Poppy
Activision guy: Bills, bills, bills, hate mail, bills, bil- WAIT A MINUTE! *holds up letter* WE GOT FAN MAIL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS! :D

*cheering*

Activision guy: *sneezes* Oh man.. I need a tissue. *rubs nose with fan mail and throws it in trash*

But in all seriousness... I laughed very hard and think this "parent" should tell their kids to wait patiently. Or tell them they're not going to buy them crap until they shut up. 8|
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#61 Posted: 12:43:29 10/12/2011
after reading that message, i have discovered something. i think that he wants those figurines pretty soon...
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#62 Posted: 16:38:22 10/12/2011
Come on new skylanders

And as to the people that are complaining about the complainers you guys are they real annoying ones you guys have no life if your gonna write a MASSIVE rant about comlainers? really?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:43:18 10/12/2011 by joseph235
#63 Posted: 17:56:46 10/12/2011
Quote: joseph235
Come on new skylanders

And as to the people that are complaining about the complainers you guys are they real annoying ones you guys have no life if your gonna write a MASSIVE rant about comlainers? really?

Joseph, you clearly don't understand. smilie Telling other people that 'they have no life' all because they're sick and tired of other fans whining about not getting the things what they want some things is just dumb. At least most of us know when to stop complaining.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:12:20 10/12/2011 by Aura24
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#64 Posted: 17:59:03 10/12/2011
Eh, I don't know. I guess complaining about complainers -in this way- doesn't help or solve anything, so I can see where they're coming from.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#65 Posted: 17:59:29 10/12/2011
Quote: Tashiji
Because clearly seniority has everything to do with logic. I see your point. I shall stay out of your business from now on, because obviously you have more gems than me. smilie

It kinda does.

Logical thinking is one of the major signs of maturity.

I realize that you probably have a good reputation on the forums, but complaining about complainers is hypocritical, and I can't just pretend you're not doing it. There are better and more constructive ways to tell people to be quiet than to belittle their intelligence or make fun of them. As someone with 2723 gems, which, I agree, represents substantial contributions to these forums, you should be a positive example to other posters and not lower yourself to their level when things get out of hand like this. I don't care if I just joined here. You are going about things the wrong way, and if you'd like to debate with me on it, I must warn you, I will prove a formidable adversary.

It's not really hypocritical when you aren't really complaining about complainers. If you're telling them with logic that what they're doing is mindless, then you're not really complaining about complainers. And even if you are, at least you're actually making sense while doing so.

Aura is a positive influence. Not sure about everyone else, but I sure as hell looked up to her when I first started on the site. smilie

No offense, but that last line makes it look like you have a bit of an ego.
#66 Posted: 18:19:00 10/12/2011
And I thought Tashi was trying to start something with me over something he didn't understand.
---
#67 Posted: 18:57:41 10/12/2011
CAV, we've long since resolved this little sore spot and learned to coexist peacefully. As it turns out, Aura and I more or less are of the same mindset about the new figure frenzy, and our quarrels came down to how we chose to express those concerns. I'd go through your post and systematically point out all that you, too, are misunderstanding, but I have no desire to see this become a flame war. That is exactly what Aura and I have both sought to prevent by communicating civilly after our initial confrontation.

As for egos, a healthy ego is necessary as a writer in order to believe that what you have to say deserves to be read and respected by others. It would seem to me that you have one too, otherwise your reply would have looked completely different. So, from one egotist to another; forum debates are fun, ne? lawl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:54 10/12/2011 by Tashiji
#68 Posted: 19:28:56 10/12/2011
So because I'm late, I cannot express my thoughts on the subject?

I have no intention of creating a flame war. I don't spend my time flaming other people.

No matter how much of an ego I may have, at least I try my best to hide it, and I don't brag about myself. I suggest you attempt the same if you don't want to be ridiculed on this forum.
#69 Posted: 19:32:08 10/12/2011
Quote: Reimu
I notice the [citation needed] at the end of this information, which means that there's no proof about it on the wiki, I'd like to see more before (evidences) =)

Look around the internet, there are a lot of places that list it as December...
The release of December for Japan is even on Skylanders Facebook....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/...212520842094805
And yes, I know that it says from the wiki site, but why quote incorrect information on a site that you use to release new Skylnders information such as the new crystal ones coming out next year?

I'd post an actual quote, but Tashiji is on my laptop, so I'm on my phone typing this smilie smilie
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:17 10/12/2011 by Vhraina
#70 Posted: 19:59:04 10/12/2011
ok maybe i was a bit hash sorry did not mean it in that text it's just anyone should have the right to talk about whatever they want within context of course.
i apologize if i upset anyone with my comment just hit a nerve that's all

Lets forgive and forget

Merry christmas
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:46 10/12/2011 by joseph235
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#71 Posted: 20:43:08 10/12/2011
ok maybe i was a bit hash sorry did not mean it in that text it's just anyone should have the right to talk about whatever they want within context of course.

Lets forgive and forget

Merry christmas
I'm sorry if I offend you but clearly you still don't understand the argument. This is the Internet and peacemaking tactics don't work here. It's Spyro fandom, and clearly those who have been longer here are sick and tired of people complaining, complaning ABOUT complaining, and standard hypocrism. A holiday alone ain't gonna solve this.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#72 Posted: 21:02:58 10/12/2011
Quote: CAV

I have no intention of creating a flame war. I don't spend my time flaming other people.

No matter how much of an ego I may have, at least I try my best to hide it, and I don't brag about myself. I suggest you attempt the same if you don't want to be ridiculed on this forum.

You're free to express your thoughts, of course. It's just a little bit pointless, because the issue you're addressing has already been amicably resolved. I don't think Aura or I have any intention of squabbling again, as we've said what we had to say and moved on. I suggest you attempt the same.

And for what it's worth, whether or not you take exception, I stand by my original point. Forum bullying with me = not a good idea.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#73 Posted: 21:44:05 10/12/2011
<levity time>
I feel frustration about the complaining about complainers who complain about people complaining about release dates.

I then don't like the complaining about the complaining about complainers who complain about people complaining about release dates.

In then feel ire for the...
Ad Absurdium

Does that mean that I dislike myself for complaining?
</levity time>

Readers will note that I wrapped my folly in explicit quotes, so that members who do not share my humorist train of thought cannot claim offence; or that I was trolling or flaming or any other antagonistic gesture.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#74 Posted: 22:28:05 10/12/2011
Quote: CAV

You're free to express your thoughts, of course. It's just a little bit pointless, because the issue you're addressing has already been amicably resolved. I don't think Aura or I have any intention of squabbling again, as we've said what we had to say and moved on. I suggest you attempt the same.

And for what it's worth, whether or not you take exception, I stand by my original point. Forum bullying with me = not a good idea.

You do know it's more trolling right? This isn't bullying. Trolling and bullying are two completely different things.

All you/we have to do is not reply.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#75 Posted: 22:41:01 10/12/2011
Quote: Vhraina

And yes, I know that it says from the wiki site, but why quote incorrect information on a site that you use to release new Skylnders information such as the new crystal ones coming out next year?

I'd post an actual quote, but Tashiji is on my laptop, so I'm on my phone typing this smilie smilie

Something tells me it's either false, been delayed, or cancelled entirely. I've searched Japanese sites all over with no mention of a December date, or any date for that matter. Not even my favorite import company lists it for this month either, and they stock the most obscure Japanese games out there.

I'm hoping it's just delayed, rather than cancelled, but...
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#76 Posted: 22:52:02 10/12/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
Quote: Vhraina

Something tells me it's either false, been delayed, or cancelled entirely. I've searched Japanese sites all over with no mention of a December date, or any date for that matter. Not even my favorite import company lists it for this month either, and they stock the most obscure Japanese games out there.

I'm hoping it's just delayed, rather than cancelled, but...

I had problems finding out about it as well. Besides, all my orignal post said was maybe. *shrugs*

EDIT*** I just spoke with my friend who moved to Japan and she says there isn't much hype about Skylanders or at least she hasn't heard anything about it. Mainly just the new PsP, Final Fantasy, and Skyward Sword. :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:14:04 11/12/2011 by Vhraina
#77 Posted: 04:24:11 11/12/2011
Quote: Dragonhope

Lets forgive and forget

Merry christmas
I'm sorry if I offend you but clearly you still don't understand the argument. This is the Internet and peacemaking tactics don't work here. It's Spyro fandom, and clearly those who have been longer here are sick and tired of people complaining, complaning ABOUT complaining, and standard hypocrism. A holiday alone ain't gonna solve this.

WHOA someone has issues
Drop it i have
last time you will hear me on this matter

Merry christmas :-)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 04:29:55 11/12/2011 by joseph235
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#78 Posted: 04:53:12 11/12/2011
Quote: Dragonhope

Lets forgive and forget

Merry christmas

WHOA someone has issues
Drop it i have
last time you will hear me on this matter

Merry christmas :-)
It ain't called issues, it's called truth. K, drop it then. Let's all think I'm an issue-ridden freak. K. Sounds cool to me. But I'm seriously just pointing out the fact peacemaker does not work. K? K.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#79 Posted: 05:05:08 11/12/2011

Several issues have been solved, yet people continue to share their thoughts on them any way. This is no exception. You seem to have a problem with me expressing mere thoughts.

What I'm doing is considered forum bullying? It's not forum bullying. It's not flaming. And though Spyra may say so, it's not trolling either.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#80 Posted: 11:11:43 11/12/2011
you guys mind if we go on topic again and quit squeeling? geez smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#81 Posted: 22:25:41 11/12/2011
[quote=Vhraina

I had problems finding out about it as well. Besides, all my orignal post said was maybe. *shrugs*

EDIT*** I just spoke with my friend who moved to Japan and she says there isn't much hype about Skylanders or at least she hasn't heard anything about it. Mainly just the new PsP, Final Fantasy, and Skyward Sword. :/[/quote]
Yeah, I searched (using Katakana of course) Skylanders on Google JP. Just nothing, aside from companies covering news from the other countries. Even SE themselves don't seem to list it.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me