Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > new chracters coming out at the end of the month and end of next month
Page 1 of 1
new chracters coming out at the end of the month and end of next month [CLOSED]
megaman099090 Blue Sparx Gems: 545
#1 Posted: 02:10:21 06/12/2011 | Topic Creator
i was in walmart today looking at the skylanders to see if there were any new ones and there werent so i talked to walmart employe about when the new skylander will come out and the employe said at the end of the month the chacters will be slambam wham shell zook and cynder and the employe told me that he worked at activision making the skylanders and told me that the rest of the chracters would come out at the end of next month
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#2 Posted: 02:20:14 06/12/2011
The guy works at Wal-mart, but in the past he worked for Activision making Skylanders??? lol
Sounds fishy???
But hey you never know right?????
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
megaman099090 Blue Sparx Gems: 545
#3 Posted: 02:33:28 06/12/2011 | Topic Creator
he said that he works at walmart for a part time job and that he still works for activision
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 02:37:14 06/12/2011
Slam Bam
Wham Shell
Zook
Cynder

Then tell me why Skylanders FB didn't make their videos public yet. Tell me.

Not to be rude but really:

Actual (video, picture) proof > > > > > > > Rumors through word of mouth

And I'm pretty suspicious since these are the ones you like.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#5 Posted: 02:50:18 06/12/2011
No Camo?? smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#6 Posted: 03:02:27 06/12/2011
Quote: megaman099090
he said that he works at walmart for a part time job and that he still works for activision

Except Activision did not "make" Skylanders, they published it. The wholly owned subsidiarity Toys for Bob is the creator and developer ... and trust me, no one who works at Toys for Bob would ever say they worked for Activision. Ever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:04:27 06/12/2011 by Slivers
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 03:26:11 06/12/2011
While I wish this person was correct, he seems like a person who hasn't grown out of the phase of spewing lies to look cool or well knowledged.

A Wal-Mart employee, who works in a place that has the highest turnaround (ie people quitting getting fired) rate out of all corporations, wouldn't have that as a part time job, while working at Activision.

Another thing is, the official Twitter for Skylanders won't answer peoples' questions about when new ones will be coming, despite the fact they have before the release of the current three. Nat Loh, the senior designer for Toys for Bob even doesn't know. He secondhand guessed using Walmarts placeholder (obvious) dates for the new figures. He keeps saying the 4th of December.

The Wal-Mart employee is a flake, sad to say. Sad in that, I wish he was right.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 03:44:01 06/12/2011
I saw a rep promoting Skylanders at Walmart several weeks ago.
When I told him I bought the 360 version, he said he thought it was only for the Wii. And he said he never played the game. I didn't ask who he was employed for, but still, you'd think they'd make someone play/use the product they're promoting before they get sent over to a store to tell people to buy the game...

So yeah, grain of salt, etc.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Seth727 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#9 Posted: 03:50:08 06/12/2011
i would say that that is probably the last thing the wal-mart employee guy has heard, knowing release dates for video games they tend to change around lots, thats why everybody always gets so confused is that because everybody hears different things from different people. but really i think that camo would definitely be coming out some point soon, i have heard from several different places that he will be coming out sometime in december. And i HIGHLY doubt they will wait until after christmas to release another wave of toys.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
#10 Posted: 03:52:17 06/12/2011
I'd still like to believe this, but I'm not likely to rely on sudden news of staggered release dates, and getting hopes up way too high to lead into disappointment. I'd personally just wait and see who's coming up, and maybe they may be out. While I doubt it'd be the characters mentioned, I still hope at least someone is bound to get released. Bottom line being that I always rely on the proof or evidence on the actual release of a character.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#11 Posted: 03:56:04 06/12/2011
This thread got me so excited when I saw the title.

Then I read the post smilie
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
#12 Posted: 04:02:28 06/12/2011
slam bam and cynder make sense to me. but i think that camo is coming over zook and idk why they would release two water skylanders in the same wave. i still think they should release lightning rod or Warnado soon because here in Canada only Sonic Boom is available in stores and either lightning rod or warnado would make me happy enough to wait for the next wave
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#13 Posted: 05:02:52 06/12/2011
^ Yeah I'm pretty sure that they won't have the last two water elementals in the same wave. I'm pretty sure that Camo is coming out before Zook. The next wave might be Camo, Wham Shell or Slam Bam, and Lightning Rod or Warnado. Cynder is probably going to be one of the last characters released.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#14 Posted: 05:08:18 06/12/2011
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ Yeah I'm pretty sure that they won't have the last two water elementals in the same wave. I'm pretty sure that Camo is coming out before Zook. The next wave might be Camo, Wham Shell or Slam Bam, and Lightning Rod or Warnado. Cynder is probably going to be one of the last characters released.

I'm sure of that same thing. I remember telling myself the next wave will possibly be Camo, Warnado, and Wham-Shell. I thought releasing Slam Bam would be too soon, but I think he would be the last Water elemental Skylander to be released. I too believe Cynder will be one of the last few released.
---
37/37
#15 Posted: 05:56:44 06/12/2011
i dont think they would release two adventure packs in one month i bet this month will be slam bam and then next month will be sunburn and wham-shell, although i thought that they would want to get cynder out earlier but maybe im wrong. but i am thinking that it will go something like this:

-Slam-bam
-double trouble
-warnado/lightning rod
-zook/camo
-cynder
OR
-sunburn
-wham-shell
-warnado/lightning rod
-zook/camo
-cynder
---
Luna-Ice Green Sparx Gems: 368
#16 Posted: 06:14:34 06/12/2011
Mhmm I have a feeling that Cynder will be released a lot later to keep people interested because she's so popular. It will keep people going to stores and checking for her - maybe buying the new ones while your there - It will keep you hanging around.
---
Kaos: "I'll be watching your back... Unless you are facing towards me, then I'll be watching your front... Either way, you'll be watched, BY ME!!!!!"
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#17 Posted: 07:52:06 06/12/2011
Luna is pretty much spot on.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#18 Posted: 13:04:20 06/12/2011
so no new skylanders before xmas eh?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#19 Posted: 14:53:00 06/12/2011
Since there's no reliable information, I think the best thing to go on is the previous precedent. They went a month after the release of the game to send out wave two, so it's most logical to me that there should be more characters any time.

They would be foolish to not capitalize on the Christmas season, and given the recent "choose the color" question they posed on Facebook, they clearly are still moving forward with more Skylanders products.

I'm going to buy them all, so I really don't care which one comes out next. But I'm more than ready!
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#20 Posted: 14:54:25 06/12/2011
Quote: GameMaster78

A Wal-Mart employee, who works in a place that has the highest turnaround (ie people quitting getting fired) rate out of all corporations, wouldn't have that as a part time job, while working at Activision.

This.

Having said that, I do expect Empire of Ice to be released before Christmas. It would be a pretty poor move not to, considering the snow theme and santa hat contained within.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#21 Posted: 16:33:37 06/12/2011
I think that guy in Walmart wanted to look cool...
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#22 Posted: 16:45:13 06/12/2011
How do you get those skylander images on your page?
paddyflan Green Sparx Gems: 118
#23 Posted: 16:55:59 06/12/2011
I think who ever is running the show is making a huge mistake (if true) not releasing anymore characters before xmas..........oh well we will see what happens.
Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#24 Posted: 08:48:06 07/12/2011
Quote: megaman099090

I'm a billionaire playboy that drives a Reliant K to my job at McDonald's, just to feel grounded.
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#25 Posted: 23:30:51 19/12/2011
hey I had the same problem bro do this. Go to Help Files on the left side where it says FORUM. Then click help files and then type in the codes for the names. What I did was I did the short cuts instead of spelling them all out. I did like for gillgrunt, I did smilie then I spaced it out so it was like this. EX: smilie smilie smilie, etc
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
Pasta Green Sparx Gems: 106
#26 Posted: 00:04:49 20/12/2011
As ar as we can tell, Slam Bam is in the empire of ice adventure pack, I just find it funny that your avvy is Wham Shell, and you're claiming he is coming out...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#27 Posted: 01:55:37 20/12/2011
Welp, dorky Walmart employee was trying to look cool (obvious from the start), as there is less than 2 weeks left in the year and the month.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#28 Posted: 02:20:45 20/12/2011
he maybe lying but I will check who saw the 3 pack containing drill sergeant doubletrouble and whirlwind

notice: I bolded double trouble he didn't mention double trouble
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me