Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Whirlwind Discontinued??? [CLOSED]
Magic Goat Green Sparx Gems: 117
#1 Posted: 19:18:08 05/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok, So I have been to all 3 targets in my area and they all told me the same thing. "they will not be getting anymore Whirlwinds in and it says in there system that it is discontinued" when they look it up. So....Is this true in your areas? I live in Spokane, WA.
---
G.O.A.T. = Greatest Of All Time = Magic Goat
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2 Posted: 19:22:26 05/12/2011
this sound to strange to be true... 'discontinued' when the game sell as good as it does... sounds more like the figurine have ended its exclusiveness and will be in all shops but targets...
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#3 Posted: 19:25:09 05/12/2011
They might have just made a certain amount of figures??? For exclusives you never know????
You might have to get it online if you want it that bad???

I still think there has gotta be more shipments before and after Christmas!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
TheBoch Yellow Sparx Gems: 1035
#4 Posted: 19:27:49 05/12/2011
I work at target and it does come up discontinued. I don't think we will no longer carry whirlwind most likely the exclusiveness ended and it will come shipped with the regular single pack figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:38 05/12/2011 by TheBoch
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 19:34:40 05/12/2011
Quote: TheBoch
I work at target and it does come up discontinued. I don't think we will no longer carry whirlwind most likely the exclusiveness ended and it will come shipped with the regular single pack figures.

^ this... makes sense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:46 05/12/2011 by kappapopm
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#6 Posted: 19:37:14 05/12/2011
I live in Lake Stevens, WA and the targets here still have her but maybe they're just leftovers? They might be discontinuing them because they might include her in the next wave of characters for all of the stores to carry them since she is a timed exclusive. Maybe Skylanders is facing a retail shortage because the game is in such high demand, Walmart isn't allowing people to purchase Hex, Wrecking Ball, and Dino-Rang on there site anymore and listed the release dates for them and all of the other Skylanders in June. Hopefully this isn't the true release date...
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#7 Posted: 19:37:43 05/12/2011
I got a Whirlwind figure, but it would be nice to see them be widely released instead of not being available at all in stores!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#8 Posted: 19:58:24 05/12/2011
Instead of wasting gas traveling to various Targets, I had called several Targets to see if they had Whirlwind in stock and got the same response as Magic Goat. "Whirlwind is/will be discontinued at Target stores."
What is up with this?
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 20:11:06 05/12/2011
In that case, I expect the price to go up on eBay.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#10 Posted: 20:25:49 05/12/2011
Yes the prices will soar. I just picked up a Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant as a pair from ebay for $27.99. They were the only two I characters I lacked since I picked up a 3ds starter pack today for the other three characters I "needed".
chriscross99 Green Sparx Gems: 168
#11 Posted: 22:08:52 05/12/2011
I really hope whirlwind comes out again because I am asking for Sonic Boom for Christmas and was going to buy my sister whirlwind.
---
My collection so far: [smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie]
I want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie camo sunburn warnado whamshell
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#12 Posted: 23:14:02 05/12/2011
The Target website is still advertising Whirlwind as an exclusive character. She should still be available.

They're probably just referring to the possible shortage of Skylanders toys, especially Whirlwind if she happens to be the most popular like Activision/TFB said.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#13 Posted: 23:14:11 05/12/2011
She's in Walmart as far as I know.

Well, Whirlwind IS one of the best-selling Skylanders out there.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
essadis Green Sparx Gems: 335
#14 Posted: 23:31:22 05/12/2011
It is more then likely going to lose the exclusivity then discontinued if you look at whirlwinds package the target exclusive is just a sticker where as in the legendary pack the toys r us exclusive is printed on the box. I cant remember if drill Sargent was a sticker or printed. I really don't think they would discontinue there most popular figure though.
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#15 Posted: 23:47:38 05/12/2011
For the record, the Drill Sargeants imported in to Australia, to be exclusive to Big W, had no exclusivity markings at all; they were merely predominantly in French.

So, I think the moral is that they have non-exclusive packaging all ready to go.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
ZinaWalker Red Sparx Gems: 48
#16 Posted: 00:07:33 06/12/2011
I'm getting Whirlwind from Amazon...it's $17 but if I cant find it at Target then I'll have to.
---
“As long as we keep moving forward for what we believe in, it will be all right”
- Allen Walker
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#17 Posted: 00:20:50 06/12/2011
It would be hard to say that Whirlwind will show up on any other retailer. I do not understand the logic why target would give up exclusivity for something that is selling really good. I think we are seeing the reality that skylanders is running out of stock. Right now I am more concerned about the last wave of skylanders which have yet to show up. The worst that Activision could do was reduce the amount of stock produced for the last wave when the manufacturers started producing them. Im pretty sure they did not have the same amount of figures manufactured for the first wave and second waves.

I know TRU's legendary pack is now becoming rare. Even some of the single figures are now hard to find but low stock this early on could drive the prices insane by the last week of Christmas.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#18 Posted: 00:21:41 06/12/2011
Target doesn't give up the exclusivity, Target can't have the exclusivity any longer, this is what I see.
Magic Goat Green Sparx Gems: 117
#19 Posted: 00:25:12 06/12/2011 | Topic Creator
If you see Whirlwind or the Legendary pack, buy it, put it on ebay. triple your money before Christmas.
---
G.O.A.T. = Greatest Of All Time = Magic Goat
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#20 Posted: 00:51:43 06/12/2011
Yah like I said in another post my local Wal-Mart has really down sized their whole Skylanders section????
Does not make sense???? Maybe do it after Christmas???? Have not seen Drill Sergeant for along time there!!!
Hey, but this is part of the fun about collecting, seeing new ones finding that one you have been waiting for, for awhile.

Would it be that fun or exciting if all the Skylanders were available now???? What would you have to look forward to???
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:49 06/12/2011 by JAP28
Seth727 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#21 Posted: 00:58:50 06/12/2011
My local wal-mart at the beginning of november carried a few drill sergeants but i think before wave 2 came out they stopped carrying them at mine. I live in Canada, we do not have targets=no whirlwinds... i think in like a couple years a couple targets are opening up then but in the mean time im waiting for my wal-mart to get a shipment of whirlwinds.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#22 Posted: 05:22:36 06/12/2011
Im glad I got Whirlwind,I live in WA to. But Whirlwind? Why Whirlwind? Mabey beacuse it was an exsulive..(sp)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Spyro-Dragma Green Sparx Gems: 169
#23 Posted: 09:18:49 06/12/2011
i got whirlwind and im in the UK and i only seen whirlwind on ebay and i go around looking to see if they got any new ones like hex dino-rang and wrecking ball.
---
Skylanders i have: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
"The Beam is Supreme"
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#24 Posted: 14:54:54 06/12/2011
I don't know what Whirlwind was selling for previously, but she's regularly going for $20 now on ebay. We don't have a Target here in my town and the closest ones are now all sold out... I really wish I would've had someone pick one up for me when there were loads of them on the shelves. This is now the only released figure I don't have.
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
Spyro-Dragma Green Sparx Gems: 169
#25 Posted: 21:07:23 06/12/2011
i been in town today and saw the triple pack with zap hex and dino rang if that in there in one to two weeks im getting them
---
Skylanders i have: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
"The Beam is Supreme"
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#26 Posted: 15:44:19 07/12/2011
Quote: TheBoch

I haven't heard anything dev side about toys being discontinued (doesn't mean that they aren't)... so, what TheBoch says seems to make the most amount of sense, or Target's system is malfunctioning, or whirlwind has been discontinued (this I highly doubt).

For those on this board who have been calling retailers asking "when is x going to be released"... keep in mind that the people you are talking to on the phone most likely won't know the answer - all they see is what's on the computer they are looking at. I've worked at Target, and a Toys R Us distribution center, and I never knew what would be happening a week out. Target sells a lot of stuff, if you've ever gone there (or any other retailer) and item x is sold out, good luck finding out when more will be in stock. Normally the answer you're going to get will be something like: "Everything that was in the back is on the shelves, shipments happen on the following days: _________, we don't know what's going to be on the shipments." This probably isn't because the person you are talking to is lazy, or a terrible customer service person - this is because they actually don't know.

No, I don't know the release dates either. In my opinion, the number of people who know the exact skylanders discontinue plans (and release dates for that matter) on earth are either zero, or at most a very small number of strategy and/or marketing folk at Activision. If you take a look at the notes coming out of Activision's press releases and interviews, the toys have been selling far more than originally expected. There is also a previously un-expected shortage going into the holidays.

-everything written above is my own personal opinion and isn't based on any sort of knowledge that isn't already readily available on the internet-
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:06:59 07/12/2011 by anverc
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#27 Posted: 00:08:35 10/12/2011
It seems whenever I go the Target near me, there are numerous Whirlwinds. I don't think people like that figure around here. The last time I went I noticed the exclusive notice has been removed from the packaging.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#28 Posted: 02:12:36 10/12/2011
My mom is still having trouble finding her. D:

I'll have to tell her about the shortage... :'C
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#29 Posted: 13:28:46 11/12/2011
Me and my friend wanted to buy Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant in Nuernberg yesterday (Germany). The man at Saturn told us that they WERE exclusives and the won't get them any more.
That's really bad. I fear if I would go to Munich they won't have them any more either...
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
Luna-Ice Green Sparx Gems: 368
#30 Posted: 04:53:44 12/12/2011
I can't even find a sonic boom or zap in ANY shops around my area. I've never seen any whirlwind before either.
---
Kaos: "I'll be watching your back... Unless you are facing towards me, then I'll be watching your front... Either way, you'll be watched, BY ME!!!!!"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me