Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 31 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1501 Posted: 19:01:10 30/05/2013 | Topic Creator
No doubt. I don't think I am going to update pics again until I finish my collection off, which means I need LC Hex, S2 Drobot, Single Pack Jet-Vac, and Triple Packs 8 and 9. Once I get those, I will update my pics.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1502 Posted: 19:16:47 30/05/2013
Are there any other singles coming out other than the three LC's--s2 drobot--and jet vac?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1503 Posted: 19:20:34 30/05/2013
Did you receive my messages about Glitter Sprocket? Sorry, didn't know you already have them..

Will you collect the Triple Packs that contain variants?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1504 Posted: 19:26:47 30/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: shelly9871
Are there any other singles coming out other than the three LC's--s2 drobot--and jet vac?

Well, no one is posting Ebay listings or saying Series 2 Zap and Chop Chop are out with wave 5. That was TFB's best chance to release them. So, I really do think those are exclusive to the Battle Packs. This means that Jet-Vac single, S2 Drobot, LC Hex, and Triple Packs 8 and 9 are the last of it all.

Quote: Matteomax
Did you receive my messages about Glitter Sprocket? Sorry, didn't know you already have them..

Will you collect the Triple Packs that contain variants?

Yeah, saw the PM, but been too busy to answer most PM's. I got all Glitters now. I got them pretty cheap compared to what others got them for over the months.

I thought about collecting variants in triple packs, along with single packs, back in the day, but I prefer having them in single packs only. I don't even want all variants at this time. I only want the ones that show up as "Special," thus having a little more meaning than just a colored Skylander.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1505 Posted: 16:45:22 12/06/2013
Sorry if I am reviving a dead thread, but GameMaster78, where are you going to put Swap-Force?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#1506 Posted: 17:05:23 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I am currently putting together some ideas.

My 4th wall currently has Mega Man and War/Fall of Cybertron figures displayed, but I want to change that. My idea, now that my SSA variants are gone, is to try and fit all SSA stuff on that 4th wall, and leave the wall SSA is currently on, for Swap Force.

I really want to find a way to display 256 Swaplanders, but that's going to be tricky. I would need 16 shelves big enough to fit 16 of each Swaplander on each row.

On top of that, I have to devise a shelf for 16 newlanders, 16 S2/S3, 8 Lightcore, 2 Adventure Packs, and 2 Battle Packs.

Another idea I've had, is to take down all my sealed figures and put them into 30 gallon buckets, so I can devote 4 walls to just the figures only. That would give me plenty of room.

It's all in planning right now. If I can't muster to display all 256, I will build a shelf that displays all 16 Swaplanders, Newlanders, S2, S3, Lightcores, and the 2 Adventure and Battle Packs. If it comes to that - until I get a bigger house built - I will still take a pic of all 256 combinations together (maybe use the kitchen floor or take 16 pictures of each Swaplander with each combination), until I can display them in 16 rows of 16 for all to see.
---
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1507 Posted: 18:13:00 14/06/2013
I really want to see a collection of 256 Swap Skylanders. Would love to have it myself, but I don't think it's worth the inventment. Still look forward to seeing yours though.
#1508 Posted: 19:56:30 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, found a US version of Polar, plus 3/4 of my S2 Drobot.

[User Posted Image]

All I need, before I update my collection for the final time, for Giants, is a single pack Jet-Vac (non-Lightcore). I already have 2 more S2 Drobots coming, plus 4 LC Hex, and the final two triple packs, so basically, as of this time, I am done with the Giants collection, and I am now in save mode for Swap Force.

Once all of my stuff arrive, a final update for my collection - well until my Giantkicks arrive - will be made.
---
#1509 Posted: 23:48:19 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Follow up post. Seems 2 of my 4 LC Hex figures showed up.

I will give a teaser of my walls now that they are almost finished. Once my final two triple packs arrive, as well as my single pack Jet-Vac, I will fully update my first post with my completed Giants collection, but with the revision of my SSA wall, which now lacks the chase variants.

Here is a sample of my - almost completed - Giants walls.

First Wall (completed)

[User Posted Image]

Character cards (completed)

[User Posted Image]

Skylanders display (completed)

[User Posted Image]

Second Wall (almost completed). The only thing missing now, is triple packs 8 and 9, plus single pack Jet-Vac (non-Lightcore), which is on its way. If you're wondering why I have the triple packs out of order, is because I thought it would be cool to match them. The first two, top and bottom, are the S2 triple packs, which match. The second set of triples, right next to the first two triples, have newlanders on the left side. The empty slots (triples 8 and 9) have newlanders on the right, while the final three triples have newlanders in the middle. I just thought it looked more consistent.

[User Posted Image]

Second Wall, part 2

[User Posted Image]

Stay tuned for the full update.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:41 19/06/2013 by GameMaster78
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#1510 Posted: 23:49:47 19/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Follow up post. Seems 2 of my 4 LC Hex figures showed up.

I will give a teaser of my walls now that they are almost finished. Once my final two triple packs arrive, as well as my single pack Jet-Vac, I will fully update my first post with my completed Giants collection, but with the revision of my SSA wall, which now lacks the chase variants.

Here is a sample of my - almost completed - Giants walls.

First Wall (completed)

[User Posted Image]

Character cards (completed)

[User Posted Image]

Second Wall (almost completed). The only thing missing now, is triple packs 8 and 9, plus single pack Jet-Vac (non-Lightcore), which is on its way. If you're wondering why I have the triple packs out of order, is because I thought it would be cool to match them. The first two, top and bottom, are the S2 triple packs, which match. The second set of triples, right next to the first two triples, have newlanders on the left side. The empty slots (triples 8 and 9) have newlanders on the right, while the final three triples have newlanders in the middle. I just thought it looked more consistent.

Stay tuned for the full update.

That post made me cry! smilie Wish I can get this one day...)
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#1511 Posted: 23:53:40 19/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, crap. I forgot to add pics, so I updated the above post to include the pics I forgot to add in my excitement.

It's alright, Lloyd, we will all complete our collections in time. smilie
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1512 Posted: 00:16:00 20/06/2013
some questions to gamemaster78...

any skylanders controller for the ps3? (like wii/x360)

do you have the ps3 super slim skylanders giant bundle?
#1513 Posted: 02:10:17 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Nah, Kappa. I think the PS3 super-slim was in the PAL regions only, so I just ran with the Wii bundle for my Gnarly Tree Rex figures. Sadly, they did not make a PS3 Skylanders controller, which would have been cool.

It seems with Swap Force, they are still leaving out the PS3 when it comes to the Skylanders controllers. smilie
---
#1514 Posted: 18:49:28 20/06/2013
Gamemaster, why don't you send pics of your collection into the Skylanders facebook page? They post collection pictures all the time, and yours is the best I've seen.
#1515 Posted: 20:36:59 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I have shown my collection before. I think it's because back when SSA first came out, they posted pics of my wall back then. I do plan on showing my completed collection to them after the walls are finished.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1516 Posted: 20:54:46 20/06/2013
One thing to consider, they might hesitate to show it anyways on the page, because it includes a figure that they claim "has never been released" (Lightcore Hex). It contradicts with the pre-order marketing.
#1517 Posted: 21:07:19 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Good point.
---
#1518 Posted: 22:19:59 20/06/2013
Congrats man! I still need Glitter Sonic Boom, E3 Hot Dog, Jet Vac single pack, LightCore Hex, and Employee Prism Break.
---
#1519 Posted: 22:36:15 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I have single pack Jet-Vac on its way, and my package containing my remaining 2 LC Hex, Drobots, and triples 8 and 9 are in LA as we speak. I will have the E3 Hot Dog I bought off Ebay tomorrow, meaning I just need a Stone Whirlwind to have all Special figures.
---
#1520 Posted: 23:03:33 20/06/2013
Why did you sell your Spyro's Adventure variants?
#1521 Posted: 00:11:20 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
They didn't show up as Special ingame, so I don't really consider them to be a part of the collection. That's just me, though.

Plus, my house was nearly destroyed on May 31st, due to the tornado outbreaks here. My insurance company would have done whatever it took to make sure I only got 10 bucks back for those. So, I decided that instead of 2000 worth of chase variants just sitting there on my wall, why not put the money to better use.

Now, I do Giants variants, of course. The ones that show up as Special. There isn't as many Giants variants that costed as much as SSA variants did, so it was an easier pill to swallow.

The only variants I will go after, from this point on, are variants that register as "Special" or ingame variants. In my eyes, it won't make my collection look any different if I do or do not have them.
---
#1522 Posted: 18:18:02 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I have to give HUGE props to Mario7604, who helped me get 2 LC Hex, 2 S2 Drobot, and the final Triple Packs. Thanks to him, I am done with the hunt.

I need only get my Single Pack Jet-Vac in, which you will an empty spot for him in a few minutes, to seal the deal.

So, here in a few, I will update the first post with my 99.99% complete wall, plus show my updated SSA wall, and then make another post saying that it is up.

My E3 Hot Dog will be here anytime, but I am leaving it out of the fold, until I get my Jet-Vac in, in which I will update the pics for the second to last time until Swap Force arrives. Second to last, because I still need to get the Giantkicks in and update the pics for the final time, after updating the pics with the inclusion of single Jet-Vac and E3 Hot Dog (and perhaps Stone Whirlwind).

I am currently eating lunch. I will reply and let everyone know when the first post has been updated.

Thanks goes out again, to Mario7604, for hooking me up. For his generosity, I am going to hook him up with a set of free Giantkicks, just for sticking his neck out for me. I always like to gift those who help me, and he helped me big time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:04 21/06/2013 by GameMaster78
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1523 Posted: 18:23:21 21/06/2013
Hey gamemaster where are you putting swap force at?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1524 Posted: 18:31:50 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
It will be on my 4th wall. However, I will have to do things differently. Instead of building a shelf, or displaying any open Swap Force Skylanders, I may only have room to display all single/triple/adventure/battle packs. The thing is, there is a 52 inch TV blocking most of the wall, or I could fit everything. So, whatever room I have to work with, might only be for the sealed figures themselves.

It's alright, though. I am about to start sending out my scripts. If I land an agent and sell a script for as much as others have been paid for their first scripts, I will be able to build a house, and a room tailored to Skylanders by itself (that way I can have a separate game room dedicated to other franchises.

I will require a bigger house for 16 rows of shelving to display 256 Swaplanders, and that doesn't include a display shelf I need to build for all of the Core Newlanders, S2/S3, Lightcores, Legendaries, Ingame Variants, new Location and Magical Items. smilie

I am about to update the first post. I will reply when it's all set. I hope you all enjoy an updated look. smilie
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1525 Posted: 18:33:53 21/06/2013
Ahh didn't know you were selling your SSA variants...I was looking for them (and the money to pay for them lol).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#1526 Posted: 19:30:36 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, in my neck of the woods, you have to put things into perspective. A lot of us adults with insurance knows that insurance agencies always try to work against you, but us customers have to keep it no matter what and fight until they do work with you.

Not only did the SSA variants not register as Special, some of them didn't look that great to me. I had friends come over, who took notice of the actual collection, while never acknowledging I had variants on my wall. Some friends told me the bland colors of those variants, washed out the colors of the others, and it didn't contrast well.

That, and I spent over 2 grand on them to just hang there, while my Giants variants actually register as a unique character. It really hit me, that I did the right thing, when the May 31st tornadoes happened here in Oklahoma City. For the first time ever, a tornado touched down by my house. Just 1 mile up the road. I always thought it couldn't happen, but it did. I got to thinking, what if that would have been my house? What if I would have lost those variants? How do I explain I spent 2 grand on 20 figures that normally would cost 200?

I leave nothing to chance now that a tornado got so close to my house. The whole city did experience 100 mile per hour winds, so there was damage everywhere from straightline winds. I got lucky at my house and only lost my power for 24 hours.

So, I might get them again, but it will take me selling a script before I do. If you have hundreds of thousands of dollars, spending 2k+ on 20 figures is an easier pill to swallow, but even then, someone with that amount shoudl be smart with their money, so I'm still hesitant. However, if I ever go after them, it will be when I sell a movie and have enough room to house them.

I am still taking new pics, so I will update the first post soon.
---
#1527 Posted: 20:36:43 21/06/2013
Well, natural disasters know no boundaries. The bottom line is if you have anything of value, you need special insurance. I have special insurance for my other collectables as I know you CANNOT use home insurance for this, and even with an additional waiver, will not be cost effective. Now, for my skylanders, I'm not aware of a toy-based insurer...would make for a great thread I think.

One of the reasons why I haven't collected any SSA varaiants outside of my cool list (Pearl Hex, Chrome Spyro and Purple Metallic Cynder) is because of the registration and relative ease on reproducing hack jobs and validating these as being authentic. Heck, there's a hack job on Amazon selling something in the box so I know if there's enough money involved someone will try and do it.

Your point about not registering is preventing me from completing my SSA variants; I do have all of the Giants though because of this "authenticity" feature built into the game. My only complaint with Giants is that Glitter Sonic and GITD Sonic registers the same; I hope they do more to label these other than "special" in the future installment.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:42:01 21/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#1528 Posted: 21:23:15 21/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree. Even with special insurance, you know how insurance companies work. They try to do whatever it takes to not hold up to their end. Then, if they hold to their end and pay you, they raise your premium. smilie

But, yeah, that's why I got rid of my SSA variants. They didn't register as Special, and those who even noticed them, said they were ugly. I may end up with them again, but it will be when I feel 2k isn't that much money.

I updated the first post with updated pics for everyone to see. I hope everyone enjoys the latest look at my collection. It's the first of the final three updates until Swap Force releases. I titled it "Another Chapter Ends - The Beginning." Next update will be "The Middle," followed lastly by "The End."

The middle will come when my Single Pack Jet-Vac comes in, which will also show updated variant shots, as my E3 Hot Dog came in today.

The end will come when the Giantkicks release, and I have them displayed along with the other stuff.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1529 Posted: 15:59:11 22/06/2013
So you get four of each Skylander?

Unboxed Display
Boxed Display
Upgrade path 1
Upgrade path 2

How do you have the money for this?

Do you have a really good job?
---
#1530 Posted: 18:23:06 22/06/2013 | Topic Creator
4 of each goes like this -

1 for kid's collection
1 sealed display
1 path 1
1 path 2
---
#1531 Posted: 19:07:31 22/06/2013
Nah, Kappa. I think the PS3 super-slim was in the PAL regions only, so I just ran with the Wii bundle for my Gnarly Tree Rex figures. Sadly, they did not make a PS3 Skylanders controller, which would have been cool.

It seems with Swap Force, they are still leaving out the PS3 when it comes to the Skylanders controllers. smilie

you should definitive get that ps3 sg bundle, your box collection will not be complete without it... just saying... anyway to bad with no controllers for the ps3... it sucks big time, looks like we will have to live without one. but i find it a bit strange that no one asked for skylanders controllers for the ps3 at e3..
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:09:06 22/06/2013 by kappapopm
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1532 Posted: 14:48:44 26/06/2013
I wish I could have a collection like this.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1533 Posted: 15:07:30 26/06/2013
well THATS a INPRESSIFE collection!
#1534 Posted: 17:27:33 26/06/2013
there is japan ssa coming another version you must pickup... maybe you can do a test and compare youtube video of older ssa... that would be awesome.

linky here..
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=82629
#1535 Posted: 18:06:38 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: kappapopm
there is japan ssa coming another version you must pickup... maybe you can do a test and compare youtube video of older ssa... that would be awesome.

linky here..

I would do just that, if they release it here. I really hope they do release it. I hope it's an HD port (ie like the PS3/360 versions), but done by TFB or VV (or XPEC).

I love the off-TV mechanic of the Wii U. I really do hope it comes out here. I would buy it in a heartbeat.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1536 Posted: 18:21:53 26/06/2013
Quote: kappapopm

linky here..

I would do just that, if they release it here. I really hope they do release it. I hope it's an HD port (ie like the PS3/360 versions), but done by TFB or VV (or XPEC).

I love the off-TV mechanic of the Wii U. I really do hope it comes out here. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

^ AGREED!!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#1537 Posted: 19:59:54 26/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Just a small update. I may have my single pack Jet-Vac tomorrow. It left LA this morning, so it has cleared customs. If I get it tomorrow, expect my "Another chapter ends - The middle" update, to reflect a completed wall.

Then, while I - still - wait for Skylanders Frito-Lay bags to show up here in Oklahoma City, I am planning on my "Another chapter ends - The end" update. What I mean by this, is that I am trying to find a spot to put the Giantkicks.

I try to make each wall dedicated to each game, but I may have to break that rule, and put the Giantkicks on the opposite side of my SSA display shelf, which has my current Sidekicks displayed, as seen here -

[User Posted Image]

I would cut out a part of the bag, like I did with the first promotion, and put them where the Bobble Styli (plural) are currently hanging.

If not there, the only other idea I have (am open to ideas on the matter), is to put them high above my Giants display shelf. However, to reach them anytime I want to mess with them, would mean I have to stand on my chair to reach them.

In anycase, it's a work in progress.
---
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1538 Posted: 04:04:58 28/06/2013
Just a small update. I may have my single pack Jet-Vac tomorrow. It left LA this morning, so it has cleared customs. If I get it tomorrow, expect my "Another chapter ends - The middle" update, to reflect a completed wall.

Then, while I - still - wait for Skylanders Frito-Lay bags to show up here in Oklahoma City, I am planning on my "Another chapter ends - The end" update. What I mean by this, is that I am trying to find a spot to put the Giantkicks.

I try to make each wall dedicated to each game, but I may have to break that rule, and put the Giantkicks on the opposite side of my SSA display shelf, which has my current Sidekicks displayed, as seen here -

[User Posted Image]

I would cut out a part of the bag, like I did with the first promotion, and put them where the Bobble Styli (plural) are currently hanging.

If not there, the only other idea I have (am open to ideas on the matter), is to put them high above my Giants display shelf. However, to reach them anytime I want to mess with them, would mean I have to stand on my chair to reach them.

In anycase, it's a work in progress.

Awesome, but...

How are you going to get Stone Whirlwind?
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#1539 Posted: 04:42:56 28/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Ebay. I mean, they still sell Silver Boomers off and on. There will always be a Stone Whirlwind floating around somewhere. It's the only variant I need.
---
#1540 Posted: 12:09:11 28/06/2013
Ebay. I mean, they still sell Silver Boomers off and on. There will always be a Stone Whirlwind floating around somewhere. It's the only variant I need.

Fair enough.
---
#1541 Posted: 15:08:47 28/06/2013

I seriously wish I grabbed the 2 extra ones I saw.. smilie
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1542 Posted: 16:01:01 28/06/2013
remember that the 'special figures'from ssa INDEED show up as special in Giants..........
#1543 Posted: 18:01:21 28/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Which ones from SSA showed up as Special?
---
#1544 Posted: 20:41:46 28/06/2013 | Topic Creator
First post updated with the second of three final updates for Giants. Full briefing is in first post.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1545 Posted: 20:42:50 28/06/2013

None ninja is incorrect.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1546 Posted: 00:45:04 29/06/2013
First post updated with the second of three final updates for Giants. Full briefing is in first post.

Awesome update.

So all you need is Stone Whirlwind and the Giantkicks? Nice!
---
#1547 Posted: 02:53:58 29/06/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429

None ninja is incorrect.

Correct. My understanding is that SSA variants are an epic fail on both coloring and registration fronts. But Pearl Hex and Chrome Spyro and Purple Metallic Cynder look GREAT.
---
#1548 Posted: 02:58:57 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
The only SSA variants I liked, were the clears, Toy Fair Cynder, and Blue Bash. I thought the others were god awful ugly. Then again, I am always a vibrant color type of person. Anytime I shop at Hollister, the shirts have to be bright and colorful for the most part.

Clears are cool, just because they were seethrough, and I imagine they rock awesome on the portal.

I may end up with them all again in the future, but as of right now, I can't justify having that much money hanging on my wall. Had I found them for 10-50 bucks a piece, that would be different.

I wish they would have registered as Special. That would have rocked.
---
#1549 Posted: 10:29:10 29/06/2013
i heard that Roland Rogers the super-skylanders fan have got the ps3 bundle with blue rex!.. we cant have any of this gamemaster78, now you must get that ps3 bundle.
#1550 Posted: 14:39:54 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
HAHA! I assume you mean that guy FGTV interviewed? Don't know why Andy spinned it that way. He doesn't even have 2 of everything anymore, due to him selling figures for his wedding.

Even though I have a picture of 3 of the Wii bundles, I really have 4 here. I bought a Wii bundle for my kids, too, just so they could have a Gnarly.
---
First | Previous | Page 31 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me