Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 27 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#1301 Posted: 02:13:28 15/01/2013
@gamemaster78 amen to that !!!!! tbh this is nothing when i was still in MTG. glad i quit that hobby. thats why when we started this game last xmas the collector in me sparked again. smilie i blame my kids god parents its their fault for gifting my kids couple starter packs and 3ds. from there on the collection grew in an instant smilie at least me and my kids have fun playing the game during play time and the bonding during the hunt for new figures is priceless whenever i see my kids see the figures they like.(their abit spoiled but they work hard to open figures at a time)

wohoo gota collect them all!!!! happy hunting all!!!
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1302 Posted: 05:00:39 15/01/2013
Quote: t7gga
Quote: Himewad

You have no idea what his income level is. Maybe a few thousand to him isn't too big of a deal. If he's making minimum wage, it's stupid. But for people with a real job, it's not that outrageous if it's something you are passionate about.

GameMaster69 has already stated that making these purchases, especially the multiple wiiu's is what made him try to sell his entire variant collection to repay some of the debts.

If he can't afford it, then he's stupid. I could afford his collection, but although I like the game, I have no desire to ugly up a room in my house, or even store toys in my basement. Over the course of 15 (or so) months, it's about $400 per month. Not the wisest use of money, but he has certainly gotten attention from his collection.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#1303 Posted: 05:06:02 15/01/2013
I will say that I don't necessarily agree with every action or opinion that GM has but this whole debate on how much he can and should spend is his own decision and not one anyone on this site really has a valid right to critique. You can make fun of the amount he has spent but many seem envious of his collection (personally all the duplicates would drive me nuts but that's me). He is also continually one of the most recognized members in our little society of collectors because of the size of his collection and how he chooses to promote it.

I personally just plopped down $200 for a free MMO I haven't played yet and doesn't come out for at least another three months. Honestly, I can afford it and I was excited bout the opportunity to get the exclusive content for doing so. Everyone on this site has the right to collect what they want and spend their money as they desire. I am sure no one has a better understanding of exactly what GM has spent and how much it has affected him than himself. Believing this I am not sure what the point of berating him on the topic is for.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1304 Posted: 05:15:11 15/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow, 200 on an MMO that's out yet? What MMO is that? I assume you preordered a collector's edition of said MMO? Just curious.

Sometimes, I do find it odd that a game like Skylanders has grabbed me by the hair. I guess it's the novelty of it. To think that one day gaming might be nothing more than the codes that came inside of Skylanders: Battlegrounds, also helped me realize the value in building a Skylanders collection. That, and I love arcade games. I miss going to the arcades, but when I first played the demo of Skylanders and saw the figures the week before - for the first time - I just knew I had to get in on it.

At first, I was content with only 1 per character. However, I got to thinking how cool they looked in their packaging. That lead me to get 2 of each. Then, I wanted to not feel limited when it came to the upgrades, so I got 3 so I could experience them whenever I wanted. Then I started building a collection for my kids. Once we all started getting competitive with PVP, I got my oldest daughter her own collection.

It's been a ride, to say the least. The hunts, frustration, the decking out of the walls. It's something I can look back on one day and get all nostalgic, just incase gaming is going the way of the do-do (ie DLC only games).
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#1305 Posted: 05:31:09 15/01/2013
It was the Marvel Universe MMO they are releasing sometime in the Spring. I am a big comic book fan and a huge Marvel comic book fan. "An ultimate founders" purchase gives you instant access to all 22 available characters at launch plus an additional 4 preannounced characters, over a hundred alternate costumes including some exclusive ones, some permanent stat increases for my account, and a hundred dollar credit for additional purchases later on in the games lifespan. I am also hoping the purchase increases my odds of being selected for beta testing. Its a lot of money for a game that will be free to play but he investment will allow me to have everything playable and not wait decades for random item drops. Also reviews from those that have played the beta are really good. I am looking forward to this.

plus I get m names in the games credits
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:33:05 15/01/2013 by ItsJustMe
#1306 Posted: 06:33:40 15/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, you will get no complaints from this gamer. We all spend money on what we like. It's our right. I'm sure you will get your 200 dollars worth, because that's what you wanted. Don't let anyone say you're stupid for it. Help others in life, but don't forget to be you in the process, that's what I say.
---
#1307 Posted: 21:53:31 16/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Mad some changes to the wall. Things have been shuffled around a bit. Enjoy the new look. smilie
---
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1308 Posted: 23:21:55 16/01/2013
My reaction to you switching the Battle Packs:

(Ignore the "Not Racist" part)

---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:22:54 16/01/2013 by Skybagel
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1309 Posted: 01:40:02 18/01/2013
I know that im probably a little late for this, but i dont think there's anything wrong with spending money however you want.
(GM78, you might want to mention it a little less on the forums besides your own topics, jealous trolls are annoying), what is pathetic however, is that people take time out of their lives and come to a topic they hate just to b!7(# at you. i mean, hate all you want, but why come to a topic you know will irritate you, and say he's wasting time? get over the fact that he can support himself and buy whatever he wants. The economy isn't great right now, but that doesn't mean everyone should be restricted of their income and money spent.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#1310 Posted: 02:38:21 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skybagel
My reaction to you switching the Battle Packs:

(Ignore the "Not Racist" part)

YEP! I took your idea to heart. It was a great idea.
---
#1311 Posted: 03:28:35 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I also have to add something. I got to reading the Guiness Book of World Records, and I thought about entering it. They keep track of silly records, so I thought I would apply for the game version of it. I have two records in mind.

One will take a while, as I plan on going through Nightmare Mode, with ONE Skylander, who is stuck at level 1 (will switch characters after every enemy is killed so that character gets xp and not my level 1), and never die.

I got the above idea while watching a documentary about Twin Galaxies (Chasing Ghosts), which keeps records for ANY video game peopel submit. I figure now would be a good time to get one started for our beloved Skylanders.

The other is more about the number of landers in my house. In two games, I have amassed 449 Skylanders. Once all is said and done though, but excluding unannonced variants, I will be sitting on 504 physical Skylanders objects (figures and portals).

I got the above idea while reading the latest guiness book, which even tracks how long a man's hair is. They have a gaming edition, so I thought about having some fun and seeing if I can't get in there for fun.
---
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#1312 Posted: 22:12:13 18/01/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I also have to add something. I got to reading the Guiness Book of World Records, and I thought about entering it. They keep track of silly records, so I thought I would apply for the game version of it. I have two records in mind.

One will take a while, as I plan on going through Nightmare Mode, with ONE Skylander, who is stuck at level 1 (will switch characters after every enemy is killed so that character gets xp and not my level 1), and never die.

I got the above idea while watching a documentary about Twin Galaxies (Chasing Ghosts), which keeps records for ANY video game peopel submit. I figure now would be a good time to get one started for our beloved Skylanders.

The other is more about the number of landers in my house. In two games, I have amassed 449 Skylanders. Once all is said and done though, but excluding unannonced variants, I will be sitting on 504 physical Skylanders objects (figures and portals).

I got the above idea while reading the latest guiness book, which even tracks how long a man's hair is. They have a gaming edition, so I thought about having some fun and seeing if I can't get in there for fun.

DO IT GM!!! YOLO!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#1313 Posted: 23:12:55 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Joemama

DO IT GM!!! YOLO!

Indeed, sir, I will. smilie
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1314 Posted: 03:31:33 19/01/2013

Good luck! You should submit your collection as the main one.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#1315 Posted: 03:44:49 19/01/2013
The one skylander would be..........bash for me. 40 dmg right off the bat is hard to ignore, and he has a decent dash.
#1316 Posted: 04:03:25 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I am gunning for either Ghost Roaster or Flashwing for mine. I am going to have to record me doing every level and changing figures everytime, so my main character doesn't get xp. I wish XP would disappear in the game after a period of time, or I wish TFB would have made an option for you to turn it off, to add more challenge.
---
#1317 Posted: 04:07:15 19/01/2013
GM, I hate to say it but I think going through nightmare mode with one skylander at level one all the way through would be pushing impossible. Experience orbs seem to be attracted by characters who draw just a little too close. It would not take a lot of experience to make a level 1 a level two so there is no margin of error in the sixteen levels/twenty if your pressing to be a completest. In addition there is the slim chance the skylander that you switch in could do damage to an enemy tainting the accomplishment. This can be done by an unintentional power like Cynder's pet ghost or a character also gets a small wave of damage every time they level up.

If you think you can do it all the power to you but I consider myself skilled at the game and I know just the sheer mechanics of the game would hinder my best efforts.
#1318 Posted: 04:08:12 19/01/2013
Maybe camo, too? Or drobot? I dunno, ill have to try this for fun.
#1319 Posted: 04:24:58 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, Itsjustme, what I will be doing, is as soon as I see the death animation start for characters killed, I swap asap. I am going to do a test on it, to make sure it works shortly.
---
#1320 Posted: 04:36:47 19/01/2013
Good luck, what I might recommend is just leaving one character in and just trying to avoid XP and resetting the figure immediately if you can't. This would probably be the closest thing to saying you beat Nightmare with one figure keeping it at level 1 all the way through. The only down side to this is the lack of upgrades will make it even harder.
#1321 Posted: 05:04:16 19/01/2013
Quote: ItsJustMe
Good luck, what I might recommend is just leaving one character in and just trying to avoid XP and resetting the figure immediately if you can't. This would probably be the closest thing to saying you beat Nightmare with one figure keeping it at level 1 all the way through. The only down side to this is the lack of upgrades will make it even harder.

Or, just reset the skylander every time he/she gains a level.
#1322 Posted: 05:12:53 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ItsJustMe

I could do that. Great idea. Thanks. I'd have it recorded, too, for proof. I want to go through with only two upgrades. smilie
---
#1323 Posted: 05:28:36 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
So, to recap my rules for this run -

- I will be avoiding getting everything. I am looking to go from A to B.
- No Giants.
- Only one character.
- No upgrades.
- No Magical Items allowed.
- No Lightcores (ie Flashbombs) allowed.
- Skylander has to remain at level 1. In the event I level up, I will reset the figure before attacking the next enemy.
---
#1324 Posted: 06:58:00 19/01/2013
Good luck! i hope you get in a book!
---
#1325 Posted: 15:50:25 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
It would definitely be fun if I were able to. This game needs more than just a stat for the sellthrough of the figures.
---
#1326 Posted: 19:35:09 19/01/2013
So, to recap my rules for this run -

- I will be avoiding getting everything. I am looking to go from A to B.
- No Giants.
- Only one character.
- No upgrades.
- No Magical Items allowed.
- No Lightcores (ie Flashbombs) allowed.
- Skylander has to remain at level 1. In the event I level up, I will reset the figure before attacking the next enemy.

You would have to finish the whole game all at once in one video somthe guiness people couldnt say you put seperate vids together. If you put seperate vids together, you would be able to try multiple times, and thats what your not doing, right?
#1327 Posted: 20:43:30 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I gave that some thought. But, the game is at least 10 hours long. I don't know how I could record that long, without running out of space or tape.

I have been doing some adding, based on my collection. I have 451 (thought it was 449) physical Skylanders toys in my house so far (just my collection not the kids). It will be 504 or 507 (dpeending on if there is a Triple Pack 9) after everything is released. Actually, it will be more than 504 or 507, because we don't know what variants and convention exclusives are coming still.

Here is how the current 451 breaks down -

Spyro's Adventure -

Open Skylanders: 37 x2
Open Location/Magical Items: 12 x2
Sealed Triples: 24
Sealed Adventure Packs: 16
Sealed Single Packs: 25
Sealed Variants: 20
Sealed Legendaries: 4
Opened Variants: 8 (will be 11)
Sidekicks: 8
Volcanic Vaults: 5
Portals: 8
Starters: 12 (unused Starter Skylanders)

Giants -

Open Skylanders: 50 x2 (will be 62 x2)
Opened Magical Items: 4 x2
Sealed Giants: 6 (will be 7)
Sealed Newlanders: 5 (will be 8?)
Sealed Lightcores: 5 (will be 8)
Sealed Battle Packs: 9
Sealed Triple Packs: 18 (will be 24 or 27)
Sealed Legendaries: 5 (will be 6)
Sealed LC Triple Pack: 3
Sealed Ingame Variants: 2 (will be 6)
Portals: 17
Wii Bundle: 5
Skylanders: Battlegrounds Starter Packs: 8
Starters: 22 (unused)
GITD Cynders: 5
Xbox 360 BF Bundle: 1
Store Exclusives/Variants/Convention: 4 (will be 12?)

That's just in the span of 1 year, 3 months, and 3 days. I think it's worth trying to see if I can get a record out of it, for the Gamers Edition. I don't think it's worth a record when it comes to the non-gamer Guinness Book.
---
#1328 Posted: 05:58:56 21/01/2013
If you were to play through the game with a single level 1 character, that would be insane. a single hit from a drow lance master could get you down to barely any hp. dont even bring up the part with 2-3 arkeyan shield juggernauts... Is it possible to get a record for having all those 'landers?
---
#1329 Posted: 06:11:45 21/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, Guinness suggests people always try and submit new styles of records. In their book it says, "if one isn't created, we can create it." It would be much better in the gaming book, though, and not the actual one.

I have been testing patterns all night, as I get ready for my level 1 runthrough. I am seeing safe spots, seeing if I can find ways to get enemies caught up on graphics and such (without actually hacking), and testing all kinds of other patterns. It would be insane, fun, and worthy of a record in my opinion.
---
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#1330 Posted: 06:58:37 21/01/2013
You could also try using a ranged character. The exp orbs take longer to get to you after you kill something at range, so you'd have more time to switch. The downside is, you'd have to move the switch-character up to get the orbs, then go back to the main and that might not count as journeying with one character. But it's a thought.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
#1331 Posted: 14:11:27 22/01/2013
started doimg this, and got through the first 3 levels with just pop fizz. then i quit.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1332 Posted: 20:59:57 27/01/2013
How much do you think your collection is worth?
#1333 Posted: 22:07:44 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I have no clue, honestly. I just buy them because I enjoy them. I never figured they would one day be worth anything more than what I paid for them. As to how much I spent, though, that would take a bit of time to figure out. smilie
---
#1334 Posted: 05:47:32 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So, I decided to go case hunting today, as I was determined to find casing that would not only fit ALL of the Giants figures, but with no intrusion what-so-ever.

I scored today. It's kind of ironic, really. The cases I bought, I scoffed at when the first game released, as it had too many slots for 37 figures. Not only that, but the horrid yellow lock in the middle made it hard to deck out the case. I figured out a way around it.

First off, here are the cases. With each picture, I will put a caption below detailing where each of the remaining figures will go. It takes FIVE of these cases to house the entirety of the Skylanders Giants collection. By entire, I mean 8 Giants, 3 ingame variant Giants, Legendary Bouncer, 5 legendaries, 24 Series 2, 8 Lightcore, 8 Newlanders, 5 ingame variant Skylanders, and 4 Giants Magical Items. It has 2 slots to spare, so I kept thinking of an idea of what to do with them. I then had the idea to leave two slots to the 8 Magical Items from the first game, incase people like to tote those around.

Without further ado, here are the pics -

[User Posted Image]

Here they are, stickered up. I didn't put the names on the inside yet, so no one would see the codes.

FIRST CASE (from the top down) -

[User Posted Image]

Scarlet Ninjini will go in the top-left corner, while Series 2 Spyro will go in the top-middle slot, Wrecking Ball will go in the middle-bottom slot, and Lightcore Pop Fizz will go in the bottom-right slot. Since the game has 6 character releases per element, with one being a Giant, I had to find a way to make these look consistent. I made it so Magical Items took up the very top middle slots, as well as the top-right slot in the middle compartments on the cases that house the Giants.

SECOND CASE -

[User Posted Image]

The top-left corner will be for Ninjini. With this case, you can see how I kept the middle compartments consistent with each element. First case had the Magic element. This case has the Earth element, which is consistent with the poster of the first game.

THIRD CASE -

[User Posted Image]

The bottom-right compartment in the middle will is reserved for Lightcore Chill.

FORTH CASE -

[User Posted Image]

The compartment next to Drill Sergeant is reserved for Series 2 Drobot, while the compartment next to Series 2 Hex is saved for Lightcore Hex.

Now, this is where I can do rows for each element. Like I mentioned above, I wanted to go with how the poster from the first game listed the order of elements. It was Magic, Earth, Water, Fire, Tech, Undead, Air, and Life. That's how I do the cards I hang on my wall, and that's how I did these cases. The first three cases, from top down, is Magic, Earth, and Water. Now this case, has the Fire, Tech, and Undead elements. This is also the first of the last two cases, where the bottom slots are used for the remaining 5 ingame variants (ie Punch, Royal, Jade, Molten, and Polar). Now this is where one asks, "but there's only four compartments left in these two cases. How can you put 5 in there?" I will gladly answer that below.

FIFTH CASE (bottom) -

[User Posted Image]

The final compartment next to Legendary Stealth Elf will go to Legendary Chill.

The last of these huge cases. This case has the remaining two elements: Air and Life. The row below the Life element is reserved for the regular size Legendary figures from Giants. The last two slots are for the other 3 ingame variants. So, this is how I had to work around this. Two characters will fill one slot. Jade and Molten will be in the left compartment, and Polar will be in the right compartment. It might make it look slightly inconsistent, but in my eyes, there simply isn't a better storage sollution for the Giants collection.

So about toting these 5 cases around. The sucky part about these in the past, is that they didn't snap together like the Sortmaster Jr. cases did. These are the normal size Sortmaster cases. They run 9.97 at Home Depot. You have to stack them and carry them stacked on top of each other. That's the only drawback of these. If your collection is staying at home 24/7, then there is nothing to worry about, and these are the ideal option to keep your entire collection together in a consistent fashion.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:51:47 02/02/2013 by GameMaster78
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#1335 Posted: 06:21:25 02/02/2013
Must admit, I do commend you for being able to keep going...I've tapped out and started unloading everything that wasn't a unique or in-game recolor on eBay and just try to display the rest. Just too much money and not enough reward to catch them all. Just hope you feel the same way as you do now about them down the line when the well eventually dries up. smilie
#1336 Posted: 07:15:19 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, it doesn't help that TFB is tailoring to scalpers, by making Ninjini available for one day only, at one store, in one city, in one state.

That's a huge turn off, especially when they state that it will be there first MONTHS before everywhere else.
---
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#1337 Posted: 07:27:19 02/02/2013
Well, it doesn't help that TFB is tailoring to scalpers, by making Ninjini available for one day only, at one store, in one city, in one state.

That's a huge turn off, especially when they state that it will be there first MONTHS before everywhere else.

Wait....huh? I mean I have heard bits of this elsewhere but wasn't sure it was legit nor did I hear much about it; details etc.
I mean I totally believe you but what the heck???? I am not really sure I understand the logic behind doing this.....

When is this happening? I have a friend in NY (Which is where I heard its happening)-but don't know much beyond that...
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#1338 Posted: 07:33:45 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Next Tuesday, the 5th, people who line up and wait until 4pm, can get a free Ninjini from the TRU in Times Square, in celebration of the New York Toy Fair. Those people will be the first to get it "MONTHS" before anywhere else, according to the press release.

The "months" part is what ticks me off.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1339 Posted: 08:03:15 02/02/2013
MegaX, can I just point out that you're complaining about a special promotional event thrown by a company to celebrate their franchise - a franchise that they have put a *lot* of hard work and dedication into - and you're bad mouthing and slinging mud at these folks - even after one of them was awesome enough to give you not one, but two different super-ultra-rare figures (each of which have, at one point or another, sold for over $500 on eBay, and one of which you were trying to sell on eBay yourself a few months ago) - all because you can't be one of the special folks who will be there for a shot to get a toy *early* - a toy that, if this event wasn't going on, you'd STILL have to wait the same amount of time to get?

You're really coming off poorly on this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:06:18 02/02/2013 by UncleBob
#1340 Posted: 08:15:47 02/02/2013
A legitimate gripe is what counts for mudslinging these days? GameMaster never stated he "quit" or that he was personally outraged, just acknowledged it was a huge turn off. Which to me, coupled with the rampancy of chase figures and the fact GameStop used one to sell a massive amount of figures at once...yeah that's going to put a sour taste in one's mouth I think.
#1341 Posted: 08:18:26 02/02/2013
"Well, it doesn't help that TFB is tailoring to scalpers" sounds like mudslinging to me.

Additionally, TFB isn't responsible for what GameStop does with the figures once they're sold to GameStop. It'd be no different than if, say, someone from TFB gave you a super-rare E3 Chrome Spyro and you threw it in a bundle with 12 other figure and tired to sell it on eBay.
#1342 Posted: 08:34:03 02/02/2013
But in effect it is tailored towards scalpers, you can't deny that. We've seen too much of it on eBay and too much of it with previous crazes: people wait in line to get an item simply to sell it, especially when they can use TFB's exact wording "months before she's acutally released!" to help their sale.

And no, they're not responsible. But the appeal goes straight to hell for me when that happens and I'm certain it has a lot of other people. It is indeed one thing when one person does it. It's another when a company actively does it knowing the high demand will drive their sales. And if you'll notice it's not GM drawing issue with that, it's me: the chase variants that count towards having a complete set, their scarcity, and the simple fact that some of them don't count due to an oversight in programming *sucks*. They killed the fun out of this for me. You want me to catch-em-all, fine, I'd love to. But if you want to make it a nigh-impossible task, then I'm more than happy to wait for Activision to drive this into the ground just like they did so many other properties and gather what I want when the market crashes.

I might love their work, but if you think I'm not going to get outraged when I've had enough of stupid stuff (like releasing a character 'months ahead atime' in limited amounts so people still treat it as uber-rare even after it's released), then you've got another thing coming.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:36:23 02/02/2013 by Kung Fu Man
#1343 Posted: 08:37:55 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
It's not about me - and me only - getting figures before anyone else, because that never happens. It's the fact they could have made this a one day nationwide event for ALL TRU's, not just one store in one city. I am not the only fan upset about this. This isn't about entitlement, it's about customer satisfaction. The customer - no matter how you slice it - is always right.

We have been loyal to this brand. I have been loyal to this brand. The thanks I get for my devotion to said franchise - and this is me I am talking about because I don't speak for others - is the fact that in just a mere 3 days, people are going to be lucky enough to get the last Newlander for FREE, and what are they going to do? Throw it up on Ebay. Some may keep it, sure, but we all know people in this backwards country love their money. Ninjini will sell high enough to pay someone's bill for a month. It will then tell scalpers that they should put up preorder listings for cheaper, but still well over 50, and people will buy them, because they're now afraid Ninjini will be hard to get, because it's the final one, just like Wham Shell was.

TRU is helping with this event, which is probably why it's only in one city and store. I, as a customer to Skylanders - along with others here - feel like it's wrong of them to do this with characters we would like to play with. This isn't some cosmetic character. This character unlocks one of 3 final Heroics for me. Getting to play timed Heroics on the 75 dollar game I beat after 2 days, is better than not getting to play squat while it collects dust.

NOPE! DENIED! All of us have to fly out and get in line this Tuesday, and if we don't, well... we have to wait "MONTHS." Don't try and put a date on "MONTHS" or say someone messed up when typing up that press release, because it's an assumption that it was wrong. As it stands, we aren't getting Ninjini within the next month. It will be "MONTHS."

Bad enough this game doesn't have Adventure Packs and I beat it after 2 days, but now it will be "MONTHS" before I can unlock the last 3 Heroics just for the sake of having something to do for the 75 bucks I spent on a game that was done 2 days after release?

Let me guess, though. This is where someone comes in and says the token corporate defender statements, "You weren't forced to buy it," "don't buy the next game. Give up Skylanders," or "Sell off your collection since you're unhappy?"

They could have handed out a variant at this TRU event. A cosmetic character that doesn't unlock anything new to keep the game going is a lot better than scalpers getting in on the action, selling for profit, while us loyaltists are told to wait for "MONTHS" before we can enjoy them. Others can be fine with it. That's their problem, not mine. That's the way they choose to roll. Not me. I am me. Others are who they are. More power to whoever is just fine with everything they're told to do or how to feel. Not this human. I will get frustrated anytime I see a scalper haven being born of certain decisions when it comes to Skylanders. Just wait until around 6PM EST, next Tuesday. Check Ebay. Let's see what happens.
---
#1344 Posted: 16:28:56 02/02/2013
Look, MegaX - I'm not going to argue with you about it. I don't have the patience and it really makes you look like a child throwing a tantrum.

Let me assure you, though - the customer is NOT always right.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#1345 Posted: 21:06:51 02/02/2013
Next Tuesday, the 5th, people who line up and wait until 4pm, can get a free Ninjini from the TRU in Times Square, in celebration of the New York Toy Fair. Those people will be the first to get it "MONTHS" before anywhere else, according to the press release.

The "months" part is what ticks me off.

I see...hmmm weird.

Yeah that would tick any deticated fan (Like you and I and almost everyone else here lol) off- Jeeze, thats ....wow.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#1346 Posted: 00:17:46 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
It is frustrating, seeing as how lots of people would like to get the figure, but they're making everyone wait, when they're actually ready now.

On another note, I updated the first post and added a pic of the Giants Starter Pack display that a friend sent me. It's the last pic on the first post.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1347 Posted: 04:34:48 04/02/2013
Quote: Kung Fu Man
A legitimate gripe is what counts for mudslinging these days? GameMaster never stated he "quit" or that he was personally outraged, just acknowledged it was a huge turn off. Which to me, coupled with the rampancy of chase figures and the fact GameStop used one to sell a massive amount of figures at once...yeah that's going to put a sour taste in one's mouth I think.

I agree it is a very legitimate gripe. It is a shame the lengths and name calling some will go to try and criticize others for having those opinions. And no, it isn't "mudslinging" to take issue with this.

The customer isn't always right, but the customer is always the customer. One of the best bosses I ever had taught me that. You don't have to bend over to their every whim, but you do need to remember who is paying for your product. And when you do something that upsets a lot of your biggest fans, a little evaluation is in order. Should we just roll over every time, simply because we can stop buying figures to teach them a lesson? Or should we speak up when we disagree with something? Because in my mind, you aren't a true fan if you are willing to drop the game and walk away without saying anything.

Gamemaster (and others) is doing exactly what he should be doing, speaking up when he believes a mistake is being made, because that's what real fans do - and there are few that are bigger fans of Skylanders than he. And yes, TFB and Activision do have people that are part of this forum, so these concerns are not unheard. They may not speak up a lot, but they do read it.
#1348 Posted: 04:51:21 04/02/2013
By that same token, I'm doing what real fans should do as well - pointing out that I'm not upset by this at all and that I don't think it's a big deal.

As for how big of a fan one is, I'm not getting into that particular measuring contest. I'm happy with the figures, games and related merchandise I have and that's good enough for me.

PS: It's not mudslinging to say you don't care for this event. It IS mudslinging to say things like "TFB is tailoring to scalpers" (even more so when it was very unlikely that Toys For Bob was even more than slightly involved with the planning and marketing of this event).

Also... If this is *really* about how unfair it is for Activision to make a figure available to *some* customers and not to all...

...Then please point me to the similar rants from you or Gamemaster about how unfair it is that the US gets virtually every single figure first while the other regions have to wait "months" or resort to scalpers (if the figured even get released overseas... Sidekicks anyone?)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:03:27 04/02/2013 by UncleBob
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1349 Posted: 05:17:11 04/02/2013
Yes, you have pointed that out, over and over and over, this thread, other threads, other forums, anywhere you find someone that is upset you picked a fight. You are the most not upset person I have ever seen not upset about something in the history of not being upset at things that upset people. And you have made it clear you think no one else should be either.

By the way, I posted in Gamemaster's thread in support of his opinion, did you come here for an opinion on his collection or are you just interested in starting up the debate again with me in a new venue? Because you are treading very close to trolling at this point. You have your opinion, you are allowed that. Gamemaster, myself and many others do as well. I could care less if you think me or anyone else is like a child throwing a tantrum, but really I do have to wonder who that applies to. No one is trying to tell you that your opinion is dumb or childlike.

As far as your edits, if that's what you think people are arguing, then you simply aren't listening to what others are saying. And why does it matter if he has complained about international releases or not (even though he HAS in the past)? In fact, there are several international forum members here that can testify to that by how he has helped them overcome this through trades/sales without taking a profit. Gamemaster is not beyond criticism, but he does help out his fellow members. Even his biggest detractors will admit this.

Edit: Fixed because Mega X is Gamemaster and it confused people.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:14 04/02/2013 by defpally
First | Previous | Page 27 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me