Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#201 Posted: 04:49:16 25/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Laurix
I believe you're missing one:

[User Posted Image]

Beyond amazing setup, though. Congrats, man.

Thanks. Most I would pay for a pearl Hex, is 300. Anything more and I'll just laugh. Sure, it is probably super rare, but it's never gaurenteed to be worth anything but spit later on, along with any other Skylander.

I say that in regards to anyone who may be buying them hoping it will be the next Family Fun Fitness Stadium Events.

Heck, paying 300 is being way to generous.

I used to think my Steel Batallion on Xbox would be worth something, seeing as they only made a limited number. The joke was on me.

So if I ever find one for 300, I'd be doing someone a favor, because after awhile, it won't even be worth that, just like my golds, silvers, and NY Toy Fair Cynder. Only reason it's worth something now, is because Skylanders is in the trend as of now. Once it loses its popularity, people might pay 50 bucks at most for something like a Toy Fair exclusive (Cynder or Hex).

Well, either way, you have an amazing collection that definitely brings back memories for me. I'm 21 now, and find myself collecting these things as well. The only Skylanders I don't have are the 3 Silver, 3 Gold, 1 Pearl, 1 Metallic. They were too expensive for my tastes, and the appearance doesn't change in game so that definitely didn't help. Otherwise, I'm pretty up-to-date.

Sort of feel like a kid again when Pokemon Cards and Beanie Babies were the big craze.

In my opinion, these will remain popular for awhile. With Skylanders Giants coming out, a lot of the figures you have now will only become more rare. Not sure if you plan on re-selling one day, but I can't see the prices going down anytime soon.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:47 25/03/2012 by Laurix
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#202 Posted: 05:24:58 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah. I buy every new MAIN Pokemon game when they come out for my son and I. Can't wait for Black and White 2. Thanks again for the compliments.

There is nothing wrong with growing up, but staying a kid at heart. It helps keep you young looking. One lady thought I was 15. I told her I had 3 kids and was going on 34. I contribute that to not smoking, never doing drugs, only drink on super rare occasions, and stay young on the inside.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6290
#203 Posted: 18:38:37 25/03/2012
Ill give you $10 for a volcanic vault please.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#204 Posted: 18:45:02 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I won't be getting rid of any Volcanic Vaults until I either need to use one for trade in getting what I am missing (for wave 5), or until I complete my collection.

Once I complete my collection, I will be getting rid of a couple VV's for around 15 bucks. As of now, they are trade fodder for wave 5, unless I get all of wave 5 as fast as I got wave 4.
---
#205 Posted: 00:00:17 26/03/2012
OK when you collect them all keep me in mind ill buy one off u.
---
Noah Green Sparx Gems: 160
#206 Posted: 17:21:43 27/03/2012
WHY THE HELL HAVE 5 LOTS OF ALL? I JUST DON'T GET IT?
---
smilie
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#207 Posted: 17:23:03 27/03/2012
very nice collection game master.
---
37/37
#208 Posted: 17:31:35 27/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Noah
WHY THE HELL HAVE 5 LOTS OF ALL? I JUST DON'T GET IT?

Well, I don't have 5 persay. I have 3. Two open, which allows me to have each Skylander upgraded down each path, and one to hang on my wall. 1 of those five goes to my 9 year old son, while the other goes to my - about to be 6 year old - daughter. That makes 5.

I have multiple Volcanic Vaults, because Best Buy likes to just throw stuff in the dumpster. That's pathetic in my eyes. Someone didn't work hard to mold and make these toys, only for them to be throw in the dumpster because of a faulty portal. I'm not a materialistic person, but I don't treat anything like trash, just because there are people in the world who don't even have clothes. Throwing away anything someone worked on, is a spit in the face to anyone who has nothing, in my opinion.

Quote: skittles4890
very nice collection game master.

Thank you.

To the person who asked me to keep them in mind... I will. Once I have -

- 5 Wham Shell
- 5 Camo
- 5 Warnado
- 1 Camo/Ignitor/Warnado triple pack

I will sell at least 2 of those vaults. Just holding onto them for trade fodder. I also have 2 Legendary Trigger Happys, 1 Double Trouble (might be 2 if that's what Walmart sends me as my free Skylander), 2 Legendary 3 packs, 1 Empire of Ice, and 1 single pack Ignitor to either use to trade or sell (Empire of Ice and Ignitor may be for my son's friend will know by Saturday).

I got you in mind, though. I can't wait for this to all be over with.
---
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#209 Posted: 03:12:26 28/03/2012
smilie
Hey now,
You changed the pot.
smilie

-M
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#210 Posted: 03:25:36 28/03/2012
Thanks. Most I would pay for a pearl Hex, is 300. Anything more and I'll just laugh. Sure, it is probably super rare, but it's never gaurenteed to be worth anything but spit later on, along with any other Skylander.

That sounds a tad like sour grapes to me; I remember all of the threads where you were so sure that the rare items would be collector's items down the track and sure to retain, if not increase, in value?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#211 Posted: 03:33:15 28/03/2012
GameMaster78
"Here are my "ONLY AT" exclusive Skylanders. These are actually different than the mass retail versions. Whirlwind has a solid white base, while Drill Sergeant has a deeper metallic red and glossy base -"

Ok thanks for the info, I was wondering if they were different, I have the "ONLY AT" exclusives too, I guess I won't open them now.
Cool
#212 Posted: 04:36:17 28/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: chaosworrier

That sounds a tad like sour grapes to me; I remember all of the threads where you were so sure that the rare items would be collector's items down the track and sure to retain, if not increase, in value?

I was. Maybe I was defending the brand though. You know, not make myself look stupid for paying the prices I have for some figures. I had to sit back and tell myself, "who am I kidding?" If you want a good example, look at Toy Fair Cynder. That thing literally went from being worth more than 300, to somewhere around 180 in a matter of less than a week after people started listing them.

Skylanders has to maintain popularity, for them to be worth something down the line. That's what all people who know their stuff about toy collecting tell me. My friend tells me the only reason he has some Magic: The Gathering cards worth hundreds or thousands is because it still maintains a level of popularity, that it didn't just fizzle out.

So, I will backtrack a bit. IF Skylanders keeps up its popularity, I see it going up. If Skylanders dies out. I can't see that thing going for even close to 100 down the line. The same applies to my silvers, golds, and TF Cynder.

I have tons of uncommon Star Wars Episode 1 toy. They don't even bring 1 dollar. Why? Not very popular.

Quote: SpyroTek
GameMaster78
"Here are my "ONLY AT" exclusive Skylanders. These are actually different than the mass retail versions. Whirlwind has a solid white base, while Drill Sergeant has a deeper metallic red and glossy base -"

Ok thanks for the info, I was wondering if they were different, I have the "ONLY AT" exclusives too, I guess I won't open them now.
Cool

No prob. Yeah, I wouldn't get rid of them. They're both different in their own way, than their mass retail versions.
---
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#213 Posted: 11:36:14 28/03/2012
[i]

Skylanders has to maintain popularity, for them to be worth something down the line. That's what all people who know their stuff about toy collecting tell me. My friend tells me the only reason he has some Magic: The Gathering cards worth hundreds or thousands is because it still maintains a level of popularity, that it didn't just fizzle out.

I still have a perfect condition original Charizard from the original card set...but it's not worth crap. And Pokemon is still just as popular now as it was back then.

But it could be because the old cards can no longer be used in tournament play (since they updated the cards)
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ultan45 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#214 Posted: 09:13:54 31/03/2012
MEGA EPIC SUPER SKYLANDERS COLLECTION HOW DID YOU GET THEM ALL I HAVE 17 SKYLANDERS
#215 Posted: 20:12:29 31/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ialexonline
[i]

I still have a perfect condition original Charizard from the original card set...but it's not worth crap. And Pokemon is still just as popular now as it was back then.

But it could be because the old cards can no longer be used in tournament play (since they updated the cards)

Exactly. Just because something gets older, doesn't mean its value goes up. Despite Skylander's popularity, unless they make their toys future-proof (in other words forward compatible with all future games, level increases, upgrades and all), this series will die, unlike Pokemon.

I see ALL Skylanders variants not being worth anything in time. That means my golds and silvers. However, I never bought them with profit in mind to begin with. That's why I would only pay 300 for pearl Hex, and that's being generous.

Quote: ultan45
MEGA EPIC SUPER SKYLANDERS COLLECTION HOW DID YOU GET THEM ALL I HAVE 17 SKYLANDERS

Thanks. Time and - sadly - a lot of money.
---
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#216 Posted: 20:29:10 31/03/2012
300 for a pearl hex, now that's hardcore, i"m still mad about TRU jacking up the prices on Reg. Skylanders LOL smilie
#217 Posted: 15:55:09 04/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, all stores did it. At first, I was thinking it was the stores wanting more money. However, when Gamestop followed, then Best Buy, then Target, Walmart, and finally Amazon (in that order), followed by Activision's press release for Dragon's Peak/blue Bash and stating MSRP was now 8.99, I knew it was Activision's doing.

If they keep going up, customers and sales of the game will decline.

On another note, I will be updating this collection, again, shortly. It will reflect the additions of blue Bash, Camo, and Warnado. I would say I am waiting until I get the final triple pack, but who knows if they're not waiting for when Wham Shell comes out, to have it out. Plus, no one on Ebay has listed one.

In anycase, I will just post new pics when Camo and Warnado arrives.
---
ultan45 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#218 Posted: 17:31:54 07/04/2012
you have all current skylanders except pearl hex and crystal blue bash
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#219 Posted: 15:26:33 09/04/2012
GameMaster78: Any chance you could post a picture of how you're able to cram Pirate Seas onto your StoreMaster Junior? I can't get it to fit without severely bending the mast and sail and I'm wondering how you've got yours in there.

Thanks!
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
#220 Posted: 15:31:06 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Sure, Achilles. I will make a new post in a second, detailing how everything fits into the Stanley Sortmaster Jr. cases. Give me a few.

There is a trick to getting the mast to stay straight. I will take pics, and if it doesn't detail how to keep the mast straight, I will make a short video of it for you.

Look for a new topic on the cases shortly.
---
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#221 Posted: 16:50:54 09/04/2012
Sure, Achilles. I will make a new post in a second, detailing how everything fits into the Stanley Sortmaster Jr. cases. Give me a few.

There is a trick to getting the mast to stay straight. I will take pics, and if it doesn't detail how to keep the mast straight, I will make a short video of it for you.

Look for a new topic on the cases shortly.

Thanks GM, I appreciate it. I just bought the 3-pack of those SortMaster Jr. cases at a distant Wal-Mart last night, and was disappointed to find out that things only seem to "mostly" fit. I've had to squeeze a couple characters to get them to tuck in there, and I'm even trying to follow your layout that you posted on the first page. I was using the Plano 3730 tackle boxes (which I prefer the look of) but Zook and the pirate ship flat-out don't fit in them without hacking away at them with a dremel or something (which I may wind up doing.)

Anyway, I look forward to your "cases" topic!

Thanks again!
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
#222 Posted: 16:54:46 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I am uploading the video (may be a bit dark don't know) and pics as we speak. I will make a new topic, because others may want a good idea of what cases to grab, anyhow. Look for it in a few minutes.
---
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#223 Posted: 17:07:27 09/04/2012
I was actually going to ask this same thing. I recently picked up these cases too. Thanks for the inspiration, GM! smilie
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#224 Posted: 17:16:02 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
No prob, guys.

About to make that post now. Hope it helps.
---
Bramblestar1227 Red Sparx Gems: 80
#225 Posted: 22:09:46 09/04/2012
I thought I had a lot of skylanders! (All except camo warnado and wham shell) I also have a gold flameslinger and blue bash. Cool room man!
#226 Posted: 23:29:59 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Bramble.

As I've said, if anyone has one Skylander, they have an excellent collection, due to the fact they actually gave this series a chance.
---
Milne44 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#227 Posted: 02:21:49 11/04/2012
I think my jaw is gonna stay permanantly on the floor after that
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smilie
Thx nitendofan92 for Warnado avatar!
#228 Posted: 02:39:43 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I will be taking pics of the collection, once my Whams come in, despite the fact I still have one more triple pack to get.

When Wham comes in, a lot of those pics will be updated, like the card pics. I have something really cool planned when all 5 Whams come in. It's a surprise pic, but should be pretty neat. I hope people will like it.
---
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#229 Posted: 22:29:13 14/04/2012
will you be updating this soon?
---
Green Bean Machine
shinybenny7 Green Sparx Gems: 200
#230 Posted: 10:34:09 15/04/2012
Why does your drill Sargent have a red base I got mine in Walmart in canada
---
37/37Yay!smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#231 Posted: 14:16:00 15/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The only differences between my two Drill Sergeants, is the one that came from Walmart, has a glossy metallic look to the base, while DS himself is a darker red. The mass released one had solid gray cogs on the base, while DS himself was a brighter red.

I should hopefully have my Wham Shells soon. I guess I will update my pics then, despite the fact I was waiting to get the final triple pack. However, it looks like no one has that.
---
#232 Posted: 14:41:19 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Slight update to collection pics coming today, since these came in. Some things won't be updated, like pics of the extra cards and such, until the last 3 Whams arrive, which could as soon as tomorrow (hopefully).
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#233 Posted: 15:34:12 18/04/2012
Congratulations on reaching 37/37 in hand GM. It's weird saying this six plus months before the next game comes out. It will be interesting to see if activision starts pouring out variants to keep the community's attention. Or is taking this opportunity to start an early production run on Giant figures.
#234 Posted: 17:22:35 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Itsjustme. Still have 3 more Whams coming in. Here's hoping they arrive soon, so I can finish my kids' collections.

I think they should do variants, but make variants as easy to find as Marvel Universe toy variants. This way, people who want to collect have it easy.

It's never hard to find a Marvel Universe variant. However, if Activision made the variants easier to get, like Marvel Universe, they would make more money.

First post is updated with new pics. I will only update again once I have the final triple pack, or if I get the latest 6 variants.
---
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#235 Posted: 17:34:19 18/04/2012
What are you still missing Gamemaster?

Pearl Hex?
Flocked Stumpsmash
Blue Bash?
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#236 Posted: 17:36:39 18/04/2012
He bought 10,000 bags of chips just so he could win 5 flocked stumps. Then he opened his giant mouth and ate all the chips in one bite LOL.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#237 Posted: 18:15:21 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
NOM-NOM! Actually, I might miss out on flocked Stump, but it's all good. If I get one, cool. If not, oh well. Same with clears and these supposed glow in the darks.

Graz, the only thing I am missing to complete the collection, is the final triple pack, which has Camo/Ignitor/Warnado.

I don't think of the variants as being needed to complete a collection. Heck, I could have mixed single and triples, or just singles and said the collection was complete.

For me, my collection is 100% complete after I get the final triple pack. The silvers and golds, I have, but don't consider them to be needed to finish the collection. Same goes for Toy Fair Cynder and Hex, flocked Stump Smash, and blue Bash. I do have Toy Fair Cynder and blue Bash, though. So, if I were to say I am missing a variant, it would be the three clears (Wham Shell, Stealth Elf, Cynder) the three glow in the darks (Warnado, Zap, ?) if they're real, flocked Stump Smash, and pearl Hex.
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#238 Posted: 18:21:52 18/04/2012
Actually, I might miss out on flocked Stump, but it's all good. If I get one, cool. If not, oh well. Same with clears and these supposed glow in the darks.

Say it ain't so! The king is dead! Long live the king!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#239 Posted: 19:10:09 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL! I mean, I will try for them, don't get me wrong. It's just, I'm more chill when it comes to Skylanders now. When I see them pop up on Ebay, I will have a go at them. If I don't get these things now, I will get them later, when they have far depreciated in value.
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#240 Posted: 19:53:29 18/04/2012
you can paint it any way you want GameMaster69 but until you have one of every variant, you don't have a 100% complete collection of skylanders
#241 Posted: 20:30:35 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
You're just saying that so I will spend hundreds getting them. You all are bad influences on me. smilie
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#242 Posted: 20:39:34 18/04/2012
well you can't exactly still expect to be known as "the skylanders super fan" if you are no longer a fanatic
Jimsta28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1252
#243 Posted: 20:44:16 18/04/2012
There are a few Pearl Hex's under your $300 limit
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...+hex+skylanders
---
Need Any Of |smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|
#244 Posted: 20:49:03 18/04/2012
Where did you get the slap on bracelet on the wall?
---
#245 Posted: 21:04:07 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: t7gga
well you can't exactly still expect to be known as "the skylanders super fan" if you are no longer a fanatic

YOU'RE RIGHT! I must not give up.

Quote: Jimsta28
There are a few Pearl Hex's under your $300 limit
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...+hex+skylanders

Yeah. I am mainly looking for ones that are already in the US, so they don't get jacked around during customs inspections and such.

Quote: AJAwesome
Where did you get the slap on bracelet on the wall?

The first weekend after the release, an Activision rep was at various Walmarts in various cities/states giving them out. So, if you didn't get one then, you will either have to find it on Ebay, or risk not getting one at all. smilie
---
#246 Posted: 21:10:43 18/04/2012
Eh... I only collect the figures.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#247 Posted: 23:15:50 18/04/2012
hey Gamemaster i have a question about your Sort-Master cases,
can you tell me if Camo will fit in the slot where you have your Gill Grunt and Ghost Roaster ?
dont have him yet but thats where i want him to go
#248 Posted: 01:34:37 19/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the late reply. No. Sadly, he won't. He was a lot bigger than I anticipated.

Infact, the spot where you see characters like Voodood, Double Trouble, Whirlwind, and Wham-Shell, yeah those can't even house him.

Basically, he will fit in the spots you see my Dark Spyro, L-Chop, Ignitor, Prism Break, and Chop Chop in.
---
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#249 Posted: 09:54:45 19/04/2012
Looks like you're missing single pack Dark Spyro. I picked one up on Ebay and am happy I did so.. it really rounds out my unopened Magic element figures. I realize you have unopened 3DS starter packs, but having Dark Spyro in a single pack that wont be released in the U.S. is a MUST for a collector with your collection. Ebay does have some for sale domestically at the moment FYI...
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#250 Posted: 10:40:31 19/04/2012
hang in there GameMaster78, your the number 1 skyland fan... dont give up on 'gotta catch'em all' i believe in you smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:43:03 19/04/2012 by kappapopm
First | Previous | Page 5 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me