darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > So now I own three of this character, but for a good reason.
Page 1 of 1
So now I own three of this character, but for a good reason. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 16:10:20 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Here is what I found at a local Walmart.

http://i15.photobucket.com/alb...01/PB130225.jpg

So this one, a regular version to keep sealed, and one that is opened. This is rather addicting. I wonder what other characters are like this?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 16:28:58 14/11/2011
I think they forgot to paint him...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 16:34:37 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reimu
I think they forgot to paint him...

They forgot to paint this one, too?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Misspr...=item336e266243

And now people are saying they found a silver Eruptor in stores.

I know this isn't a simple misprint now, because Dino Rang is an Earth Element. They have see through crystals on their base. However, my silver Dino Rangs crystals are solid silver, not see through at all.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#4 Posted: 16:49:27 14/11/2011
I'm pretty sure it's not wanted =/
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#5 Posted: 18:51:40 14/11/2011
Maybe it's not a mistake, it might be another version of the older characters because on Walmart a lot of the older characters are listed as wave two for example : "Skylanders Character Pack II - Ignitor (Wii)". Also says that they are in stores so maybe these are new and they might even look silver in the game with different stats like the legendary figures.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#6 Posted: 18:54:59 14/11/2011
Jeez louise, how did they not notice that?

Also, if anyone finds a silver Spyro... they will earn my ultimate jealousies.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#7 Posted: 18:57:03 14/11/2011
They have some limited editions, I think they're painted all silver. It says that they exist in the ActivisionBlizzard FAQ

Quote:
Some limited edition Skylander Champions have been released in random packs. All of the special edition figures have different colors but will appear the same color as the regular characters in-game.

https://activision.custhelp.co...li=&p_topview=1

They seem to be really rare so Congrats! On finding one!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:05:11 14/11/2011 by BerryShaker
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#8 Posted: 19:00:17 14/11/2011
All gold? Guessing those ones are even rarer than the silver figures?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Littlerain Green Sparx Gems: 384
#9 Posted: 19:00:42 14/11/2011
This a rare occurrence and the official word seems to be that it was unintended. I for one think that that this was no accident because of the shear number of people suddenly seeing them. If an entire line was misprinted it would probably be one type of toy and it would not be a bunch of different ones at a bunch of different stores around the country.

The most convincing evidence that this is not a misprint is that the crystals are actually colored silver as well.

What would the company have to gain from printing a few silver skylanders? All of a sudden it gets people rebuying old figures and makes the series a little more marketable to collectors. Many figure and toy companies intentionally print 'clear' 'gold' or 'silver' figures like this in a collection as a super rare item that people will pay much more for.

I have collected a few Japanese figures in my day and most sets now also include 'crystal' characters to also collect.

I for one will be looking for a silver stealth elf. smilie

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:23 14/11/2011 by Littlerain
#10 Posted: 19:04:07 14/11/2011
At leat, those Crystal Figures are pretty... while the all silver Skylanders... they just look like unfinished characters. No eyes, no clothes... no point for be to collect these.
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#11 Posted: 19:08:14 14/11/2011
Cool collection little rain, I love Kenshin!

But yeah I'm guessing the concept is the same as other collectible figures where they release rare ones that are unique and hard to find.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me