darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Branching Upgrade Pathes - which have you chosen
Page 1 of 1
Branching Upgrade Pathes - which have you chosen [CLOSED]
Littlerain Green Sparx Gems: 384
#1 Posted: 00:28:24 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting but I have followed this forum ever since I first heard about skylanders. I have finally decided to also become part of the conversation. This this actually the only place I have found with so many people taking about skylanders in a consistent fasion.

People have touched on this a little bit, but I just wanted to open up a discussion about which pathes you suggest, and which ones you regretted taking.

-I really liked the sonic boom path with her babies. On the earlier levels I can just walk around without even attacking anything!
-I'm not too sure about my choice in flameslinger's though. I chose the one for the second path and he still doesn't seem as effective as some of my others at the same level. Anyone choose his first path?
-I am going to pick the first one for stealth elf but she is my favorite character and I really don't want to pick one I will regret.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2 Posted: 01:02:14 14/11/2011
That's the path I chose for my S/Elf and I never looked back.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3 Posted: 06:02:23 14/11/2011
-I took sonic boom's other path, the blasty-one. It's pretty good, you shoot once and the sockwaves just keep spreading
-Chose that too, I like it. But I'm still gonna try the arrow one next time.
-I can't remember which path is 1st, but choose the dagger one, SHE IS A TANK with that path. I can kill all 3 of the minions that Kaos throws at you in the final battle in about 5 seconds.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#4 Posted: 14:05:30 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Alright I went with the dagger one. smilie
I also chose the beam path for prism break and highly recommend it. The beam is finally doing a decent amount of damage! It turns his crystals yellow too!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 14:18:55 14/11/2011
i did the burner for my spyro and it felt pretty natural to take this choice... so i am going to max him out with that. i am now seriously considering getting the 3ds version only for the dark spyro, since he will fit perfect for the blitz choice. it would just been awesome to have two spyros maxed at with different paths. i know its insane to pay that much for just dark spyro, but it is the only choice you have to get the dark spyro....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:52 14/11/2011 by kappapopm
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#6 Posted: 14:22:40 14/11/2011
^ebay?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#7 Posted: 14:28:40 14/11/2011
Quote: kappapopm
i know its insane to pay that much for just dark spyro, but it is the only choice you have to get the dark spyro....

Join the dark side, my friend - I did!

Buy the 3DS version then resell it sans the char/s you wish to keep and recoup some of the investment...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#8 Posted: 14:50:06 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
I have the game for both, thus having two spyros. I have not leveled the dark one up enough to get to his path but I will probably chose the first one and have my husband who plays regular spyro go with the second.
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#9 Posted: 17:55:05 14/11/2011
Concerning paths, is there one that makes Gill Grunt comparable to the rest? We went with the harpoon route, but he just doesn't seem to shine. How's the other path? In player-vs-player he never wins no matter who plays him at our house.
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
forcesofwill Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#10 Posted: 03:37:07 16/11/2011
I've been satisfied with most of the upgrade paths I've chosen, but there are a few I regret.

I picked the Undead Defender path for Chop Chop and wasn't so happy with it. The damage absorption/release ability sounds a whole lot cooler and more useful than it actually is.

I picked the Bladegear path for Drobot because I figured the lasers just weren't strong enough for him to deal with swarms. The bladegears are decent but kind of slow and they can't even fire straight ahead until you buy the triple bladegear upgrade.

I chose the ectoplasmic path for Ghost Roaster mainly because I couldn't stand that annoying laugh he does during his Skull Charge. But the ectoplasmic path doesn't have much that's worth it. I thought the Nightmare Touch upgrade that makes the little ghosts explode would be good but it's not too practical since the enemies have to be pretty close by.
nintendofreak Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#11 Posted: 06:33:17 16/11/2011
Hmm spyro was the firaball route. Whirlwind the thundra route i think. Gill grunt the bottom route for unlimited water use. Bash the rolling route. Drobot the top route with 4 beams at once. Zap the slime route. Trigger happy the gun right. Too lazy to go look up the names, haven't played the game in awhile, until i get sonic boom.
#12 Posted: 10:36:52 16/11/2011
i have upgraded a few more of mine characters..

spyro - burner path, still happy with this choice...

gill grunt - water hose path, great with jet pack ...

sonic boom - sonic screams path, way better than the babies path...

stealth elf - blade path, what a surprise this was, its a awesome char when maxed

chop chop - blade path, after i read about the shield path, i am glade i took this path..
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#13 Posted: 11:50:41 16/11/2011
I took the lazer path for Drobot, I'm not done with Drobot yet, but I'm happy so far.
I'd defiantly recommend the rainbow path for Whirlwind.
Took the harpoon path for Gill Grunt, but not done with him yet.
Took the roll path for Bash.
Took the lightning path for Zap.
I decided on the blade path for Chop Chop.
I did the babies path on Sonic Boom.

I have more Skylanders, but I forgot them/forgot what path I chose.
---
but i love it all smooth
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#14 Posted: 15:50:13 16/11/2011
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: kappapopm
i know its insane to pay that much for just dark spyro, but it is the only choice you have to get the dark spyro....

Join the dark side, my friend - I did!

Buy the 3DS version then resell it sans the char/s you wish to keep and recoup some of the investment...

I'll willingly buy the 3DS version from anyone that gets it, as long as it includes Stealth Elf and Ignitor. You can keep Dark Spyro. X3
#15 Posted: 10:56:27 17/11/2011
i just took the fireballs path for my eruptor, looks good so far. eruptor is a slow character so a bit disappointed, but i got the +9 speed hat and that helped alot. now i only need to do some heroic challenge for more speed and armor... then i think we have very good character.
#16 Posted: 12:51:07 17/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Here I'd just an update on the main 8 characters I use and which paths I chose.

I don't knowing many others are playing hex right now, but I did do her fire ball (I thin that's what they are) path and it has been really great! Now they can go much further and even explode. I liked the upgraded wall on the other path but I really just don't use her skull summoning spell very often so it seemed like a waste.

Stealth elf's dagger path has been awsome!

Drobots lasers are unbeatable! Highly recommend this one!

Prisim break's laser move is not quite a crazy awesome but it actually gets longer range and the ability to shoot 3 beams out of the crystals which all
If a sudden makes him much more useful in large crouds.

Zap Is a character I got after all the others in my party of 8 so he is a little weaker. I was not a fan of the slime so I went with electricity. Not bad.

Flameslinger's running fire move has really grown on my and that path isn't half bad. He is usually the one I use to beat the time trials in levels.

Dark spyro is on the regular fire path, but I could see either easily working out fine. I mainly did this because of the bit fire ball move but I am not quite there yet.

And sonic boom and her babies are awsome!
#17 Posted: 22:03:34 27/11/2011
just took a choice for two of my new skylanders.... not properly tested these yet, but they both looks good.

Boomer - Demolition Troll - This upgrade path lets you further develop Dynamite and Time Bomb attacks.

Bomblastic (1700): Troll Bombs have bigger explosions and do increased dmaage.
Troll Bombs Away (2200): You can have six Troll Bombs active at once!
An Accident Waiting to Happen (3000): Throw 3 extra sticks of dynamite at once.
Troll Bomb Boot (4000): Troll Bombs can be kicked at enemies.

--------------------

Flameslinger - Marksman - This upgrade path lets you further develop your Fire Arrow skills.

Hellfire Arrows (1700): Fire Arrows and Flaming Arrow Rain do even more increased damage.
Explosive Arrows (2200): Fire Arrows explode, doing damage to anything nearby.
Triple Shot Arrows (3000): Shoot 3 Fire Arrows at a time.
Super Volley Shot (4000): Flaming Arrow Rain Shoots more arrows that covers more area.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:06 28/11/2011 by kappapopm
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#18 Posted: 22:44:34 27/11/2011
I'm doing some path experiments at the moment to figure out which one's the best...

Here are the ones I'm absolutely sure about by now:
smilie Whirlwind: the cloud path
smilie Ghostroaster: the skull path
smilie smilie smilie Spyros: fire for the normal form and Dark Spyro; electric breath for Legendary Spyro
smilie Gill Grunt: water path
smilie Zap: the water slime path
smilie Flameslinger: the fire arrow path
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#19 Posted: 07:25:35 28/11/2011
Yeah I just had to reset ghost roaster because his ectoplasmic route is HORRIBLE. Little damage, lots of setup, and depends on a lot of luck.

Think I'll stick to his laughing skull attack =D
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
#20 Posted: 14:05:40 28/11/2011
i just upgraded my drobot.... and i have been testing it out, i am very satisfied with this choice smilie

Master Blaster - This upgrade path lets you further develop your Eye Blaster attacks.

Dendrite Focus Crystals (1700): Eye Blasters do even more increased damage.
Antimatter Charges (2200): Eye Blaster beams explode on contact, doing damage to enemies.
Quadratic Blasters (3000): Shoot lasers out of your wings as well.
Afterburners (4000): Flys faster and afterburners damage enemies.
Medivilan Red Sparx Gems: 27
#21 Posted: 14:32:07 28/11/2011
Quote: dantilly
Yeah I just had to reset ghost roaster because his ectoplasmic route is HORRIBLE. Little damage, lots of setup, and depends on a lot of luck.

Think I'll stick to his laughing skull attack =D

Thanks for that, was sitting with the same "what to choose" problem.
---
OWN: ( smilie smilie )( smilie smilie )( smilie smilie smilie )( smilie smilie )( smilie smilie smilie )( smilie smilie )( smilie smilie )( smilie smilie )
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me