Page 1 of 1
How do those adventure packs work? [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 22:41:50 13/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Say...the one with the pirate ship?

Just put the ship on the Portal, along with a character?
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 22:47:08 13/11/2011
You put the ship on the portal and the level is unlocked... You can then play the level whenever you want, even whilst it's not on the portal. Hell, you could borrow a friends and use theirs, as long as you used the same save again and again then you'd have it forever.
Littlerain Green Sparx Gems: 384
#3 Posted: 01:41:08 14/11/2011
The items you do need a skylander there for though and they provide extra favorable effects for your skylander. They have actually been the best part of the adventure packs for me.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#4 Posted: 02:13:09 14/11/2011
My Darklight Crypt has not arrived yet so I don't know how useful those items are but the Pirate ones are a bit "meh" for me...

The ghost swords don't last long enough to be exceptionally useful for me and I seem to get enough loot not to bother with the treasure chest.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#5 Posted: 03:02:14 14/11/2011
I really like the potion. Slowing down time is fun but I ususally forget about it. I agree about the swords being too short but it is a great boost if you are fighting a boss.

The treasure chest is actually awesome if you use it right. You get plenty of loot anyway but if done right you can upgrade a characters moves all the way very quickly. This is especially good when you've already found all the treasure chests and you want to upgrade some characters.

For those that do not know this trick let me elaborate. The treasure chest item will create a random treature chest in your current level with a few hundred gems in it. This is alright but a little time consuming to search an entire level. However, if you are in the overworld and use the chest it will spawn somewhere that you are able to access, which is a fairly small space. You can keep recollecting the chests and getting 300-600 gold. All you need to do is take the piece off and put it back on to reset the chest. It can only hid in a few places so they get easy to find really fast.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#6 Posted: 03:07:49 14/11/2011
When you have several enemies on the screen, put the adventure pack level item (Pirate ship or crypt thingy) on the portal with your character and see what happens. I wont spoil the surprise.
#7 Posted: 13:55:23 14/11/2011
^Oh yeah, forgot to mention that part. After doing it the first time though, I actually havnt found a time that I need to use it. Still haven' beaten the game yet though so I may end up using it more in the future.
YaggleberryFinn Green Sparx Gems: 284
#8 Posted: 17:58:22 14/11/2011
The best part of the adventure pack was getting Terrafin, hands down. The treasure chest "glitch" was mildly useful, but we were getting tons of money at the end levels either way. I do enjoy what Eon says when you put the pirate ship on during a level. Pirate swords are useful if you have a younger kid playing.
---
Check out my new blog: Skylanders Armory!
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#9 Posted: 19:56:42 14/11/2011
The elixir you get with he Darklight Crypt is useful for maintaining the "No dead Skylanders" completion objective.
#10 Posted: 19:58:54 14/11/2011
You can also use all the items in the heroic challenges. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me