Page 1 of 1
Insane. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 18:01:33 08/11/2011 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrecki...769949106286843

Yes, you too can own Wrecking Ball for 26 bucks. Aparently these are being sighted at Walmart along with Hex and Dino Rang.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#2 Posted: 19:27:26 08/11/2011
I'll wait until the 15th or 18th, or whenever they come out.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#3 Posted: 20:08:23 08/11/2011
Wow! Not even I'm that insane...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#4 Posted: 20:47:52 08/11/2011 | Topic Creator
See, that's the thing though. Just because they're scheduled for release on the 15th, doesn't mean stores will put them out on the 15th. Some stores don't order new stock, until previous stock sells out.

In other words, stores might be waiting to sell out of wave 1 figures, before ordering more, which leads to them getting wave 2 figures.

If it were the case of stores getting them on the 15th, stores like Toys R Us would have started taking preorders for the new toys coming out on the 15th. However, their site only shows wave 1 stuff.

Likewise with Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. None even list new figures as coming.
---
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#5 Posted: 21:49:04 08/11/2011
Quote: GameMaster78
See, that's the thing though. Just because they're scheduled for release on the 15th, doesn't mean stores will put them out on the 15th. Some stores don't order new stock, until previous stock sells out.

In other words, stores might be waiting to sell out of wave 1 figures, before ordering more, which leads to them getting wave 2 figures.

If it were the case of stores getting them on the 15th, stores like Toys R Us would have started taking preorders for the new toys coming out on the 15th. However, their site only shows wave 1 stuff.

Likewise with Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. None even list new figures as coming.

This is true. While you might think this is a typical product release, the current christmas shopping season could really make this release a hit-and-miss depending on where you live. This time of the year is crazy for retailers and your local retailer could or could not have these items at the specified release date. While this is a minor annoyance to some, this can be a huge challenge for others who are trying to get a hold of these toys. Depending on how popular the game is in your area, it can or can be a chore to get the figures that you want. You also have to understand that the distribution is unknown so it will be hard to tell how much stock will be available to the retailer. Again this is because of the holiday season.

It is also true that some stores like target or walmart can never tell the difference from wave 1 or wave 2 figures. So you'd be out of luck to find out that your store is not stocking up on the new wave 1 figures beause they simply have ordered a lot stock of the wave 2 figures.

I am actually curious to see how crazy it will be to get a hold of the figures but I plan to collect them all. Can't wait to do some more heroic challenges for all my favorite figures!
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:48 08/11/2011 by SkyDaddy
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 21:55:54 08/11/2011
To be honest, I can see all of these figures being easy to get after Christmas is over.

Right now, Skylanders is a craze - Like all crazes, it will die down eventually. I certainly would never pay more than retail price for any of the figures.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#7 Posted: 22:00:12 08/11/2011
I don't know what it is like in other worldly locations but here in Bris Vegas, Oz there are only crumbs of figurines left on the shelves so I would hazard to guess that the shops around here seem to be waiting to place more orders.

The way this game has been marketed here (special displays and corp level advertising), the major corps seem to be au fait with it all?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#8 Posted: 22:22:03 08/11/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
To be honest, I can see all of these figures being easy to get after Christmas is over.

Right now, Skylanders is a craze - Like all crazes, it will die down eventually. I certainly would never pay more than retail price for any of the figures.

Yes but for mom and dad who is trying to finish their christmas list, paying the extra $ is so much worth it than going around 3-4 stores and coming up empty.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 23:45:45 08/11/2011
Quote: SkyDaddy
Quote: RadSpyro

Yes but for mom and dad who is trying to finish their christmas list, paying the extra $ is so much worth it than going around 3-4 stores and coming up empty.

Depends really. In the UK, you can just phone around stores, or check online to see if the store you're looking at has it in stock or not. I have yet to find any Skylander 'difficult' to obtain, though it may be different in the US.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#10 Posted: 23:46:05 08/11/2011
I have four kids. I would simply look them in the eye and say that the figurines are not available yet and they can simply play with the other two dozen until they are.
---
Soylent Green is People!
drachmyre Red Sparx Gems: 89
#11 Posted: 00:19:20 10/11/2011
I paid about 20% over retail for the TRU and the Target exclusive. Considering the nearest is 300 miles, I thought it worthwhile. There were no free shipping online purchases available. Generally I dislike buying from the "toy scalpers" but it saves me a long trip only to find they arent there anyway. I pity the people who will try to find them near christmas.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#12 Posted: 00:27:19 10/11/2011
Quote: GameMaster78
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrecki...769949106286843

Yes, you too can own Wrecking Ball for 26 bucks. Aparently these are being sighted at Walmart along with Hex and Dino Rang.

One says $46!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#13 Posted: 01:06:31 10/11/2011
lol wow... I'm waiting for TRU to get them so I can put it towards my $100
People can't seriously wait a week? Maybe they just think it's sold out...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 01:57:44 10/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: BerryShaker
lol wow... I'm waiting for TRU to get them so I can put it towards my $100
People can't seriously wait a week? Maybe they just think it's sold out...

There's a problem with this.

I finally found me a set at my local Walmart. Phew, right? WRONG! This is going to become a bigger problem then I imagined.

There now lies two problems with new Skylander releases.

1: The original problem I listed, that if stores don't sell through wave 1 quickly, their distribution centers won't order new stock, which means the potential chance to entirely miss out on wave 2.

2: The new problem. These new three Skylanders are packed in a box of 12 single packs... ONE TO A BOX! In a box of 12, you will get 1 Hex, 1 Dino Rang, and 1 Wrecking Ball, with the other 9 Skylanders being wave 1 figures. This creates a potential shelf-warming issue, where the shelves are clogged with wave 1 stuff that won't sell fast enough to fill up the shelves with wave 2 characters, or even wave 3 and 4 (looking like there would be 4 waves).

You mention that people just can't wait a week. Prove me wrong. On the 15th, go to ANY store that sells Skylanders and take a pic of these three new Skylanders. You might not find them at all, because these are treated like normal toys. Stores will only order based on current inventory. In other words, just because the official release date has been pegged as the 15th, doesn't mean stores will put them out on the 15th. They are put out as they come out, and if you have stores clogged with wave 1, you better bet you won't see wave 2 until said store sells through wave 1.

Again, these are 1 to a box of 12. I tried getting two sets of each (one to open and one to keep sealed), but I was only able to come home with this many -

http://i15.photobucket.com/alb...01/PB090218.jpg
---
drachmyre Red Sparx Gems: 89
#15 Posted: 02:31:14 10/11/2011
Ill add my 2 cents. Under NORMAL circumstances your #1 is would be correct. However, due to the time of year, the bigger chains (Walmart, TRU, etc ) have already ordered their christmas supply. (take a drive behind a walmart near you and look at the dozens of connex they have there now). They project what will sell and have PR firms hired that tell them such. Depending on what they are told will determine what they have already ordered. I talked to the toy department head and was told they have certain dates the "christmas stock" goes out.

As for your #2, you have a good deal of merit in your arguement. However, the holiday season will temper this a bit, as a large percentage of the people who will come into the game buying it for their kids or whatever wont have any idea of what they are missing until AFTER they get home (or after the present is even opened). The after christmas scenario will likely play out like you are saying though.

The reason I think #2 will be the issue is the scalpers who will go and pull those three out to sell on ebay for 40 bucks each. That annoys the crap out of me, but not much to do about it.

Luckily, so far, the few stores i have been to do not treat them as "toys". The electronics department are the ones handling them, and tend to do a decent job restocking.
#16 Posted: 11:51:55 10/11/2011
The main problem is the ignorance the stores have towards the product. If they were aware of a selling trend and the significance of the different figurines, they would sell them differently. My experience with TRU in the states has been satisfactory, as all of the employees I've talked to understand the importance of 'new' figurines.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 13:16:00 10/11/2011
You people are insane of thinking of buying every last character at full price.

Either that, or you're just really rich and I'm poorer than I thought.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#18 Posted: 00:15:27 13/11/2011
Quote: CAV

If I did decide to buy Skylanders, I would only get the toys each with their own elements because you need a character with a certain element to get to places or do something, right? You couldn't possibly need every single character to complete the game or is there a trophy/achievement that can only be required by getting all the toys?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#19 Posted: 00:51:45 13/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ

If I did decide to buy Skylanders, I would only get the toys each with their own elements because you need a character with a certain element to get to places or do something, right? You couldn't possibly need every single character to complete the game or is there a trophy/achievement that can only be required by getting all the toys?

Aha! I originally had that perspective - only one char from each element but I got suckered in!

Also, each char has its own heroic challenge and there is a trophy for getting at least one char to complete all heroic challenges so the way I read it, you can't get 100% without them all?

Also, each expansion is actually a non-campaign level so you would need at least all 4 of those...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#20 Posted: 02:04:15 13/11/2011
Apparently, Activision has won. God save us all.
#21 Posted: 03:57:23 13/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ

That's pretty much my plan. Get at least one of each element. The only character I intend to get even though I already have its element is Cynder (I already have Chop Chop for Undead).

No. There is no achievement/trophy that requires you to own all of the toys. You can complete all of the achievements/trophies with simply the 3 toys they give you with the game.
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#22 Posted: 06:39:22 13/11/2011
Not true, there are achievements that are based around collecting more characters.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#23 Posted: 12:00:26 13/11/2011
What is this achievement? I remember an accolade but not an achievement?
Zerospyro Green Sparx Gems: 208
#24 Posted: 12:16:44 13/11/2011
Quote: Reimu

Having all characters is not an achievement but just an accolade. You only need all of the toys to unlock all of Cali's Heroic Challenges which itself is also an accolade if you unlock all of them and complete them with ONE Skylander. I have the official guide so I can confirm that this is the case.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#25 Posted: 13:19:30 13/11/2011
So that does not count towards your percentage then?
---
Soylent Green is People!
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#26 Posted: 13:24:38 13/11/2011
The only things that counts towards percentage are getting the stars on the first 22 chapters and defeating Kaos. That's all.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#27 Posted: 13:36:12 13/11/2011
I thought one achievement required having one char of each element.
#28 Posted: 19:58:07 13/11/2011
Quote: Psykostevo
Not true, there are achievements that are based around collecting more characters.

I'm on my Xbox right now, looking at the 38 achievements listed for the game. To further validate me, I'm also at Achievement Hunter, which lists all of the achievements in the game.

There is not a single achievement that involves buying other toys.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#29 Posted: 21:08:06 13/11/2011
There is none.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#30 Posted: 22:51:35 13/11/2011
Ah, I thought that the expansion level stars at least counted towards the percentage...

Ok, no matter, for the ChaosWorrier 100% achievement award a player must have all stars, incuding all expansions and have leveled up all characters fully.

Nothing less will suffice.

When a player provides evidence to this fact, they can PM me and I will respond with their cake prize.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#31 Posted: 23:07:49 13/11/2011
^By "expansions", do you mean the adventure packs? And by "all characters", do you mean all 32?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:01 13/11/2011 by CAV
#32 Posted: 23:14:45 13/11/2011
^By "expansions", do you mean the adventure packs? And by "all characters", do you mean all 32?

Yes, expansions equate to Adventure Packs but includes accessing the Volcanic Vault even though it has no purpose in the single player context.

32 chars? Bish bosh, you need to have maxed the stats for all 37 figurines.

<cue evil, maniacal laugh>

EDIT: If Flynn does not think you have seen everything from his balloon, then forget about thinking you have 100% ChaosWorrier completion. Likewise, missing a cost reducing (sapphire?) butterfly means you are not complete.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:38 13/11/2011 by chaosworrier
#33 Posted: 23:30:35 13/11/2011
Quote: Zerospyro
Quote: Reimu

Having all characters is not an achievement but just an accolade. You only need all of the toys to unlock all of Cali's Heroic Challenges which itself is also an accolade if you unlock all of them and complete them with ONE Skylander. I have the official guide so I can confirm that this is the case.

It's what I thought. Watch out about the guide, there are a few mistakes in it.
#34 Posted: 00:11:18 14/11/2011
Are there any spelling or grammar errors? If so, it loses massive respect.
#35 Posted: 04:54:34 14/11/2011
I played through the game without noticing any. And I can be a whiner of those things.
#36 Posted: 06:44:00 14/11/2011
I think Prysom is asking about spelling/grammar mistakes in the guide, not the game?
---
Soylent Green is People!
#37 Posted: 12:01:18 14/11/2011
I was not talking about spelling/grammar but information
#38 Posted: 12:29:48 14/11/2011
My copy of the guide finally arrived today.

Apart from the whole unique hat per console thing, it seems (at first look) to be correct.

That said, I am not entirely happy with the lack of coverage of the expansion levels - they only warranted a page each, as opposed to full coverage of all of the treasures, etc.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Zerospyro Green Sparx Gems: 208
#39 Posted: 13:26:00 14/11/2011
Yeah I know what you mean but by that point you might have already completed the game so you can pretty much just enjoy the adventure packs for fun and more than likely you'll find everything you need as you play.
---
Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#40 Posted: 19:58:29 14/11/2011
Quote: chaosworrier
My copy of the guide finally arrived today.

Apart from the whole unique hat per console thing, it seems (at first look) to be correct.

That said, I am not entirely happy with the lack of coverage of the expansion levels - they only warranted a page each, as opposed to full coverage of all of the treasures, etc.

They don't even list the Legendaries, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I think I new more critical information before the game came out, than this book did after it released. Still, for an avid collector, this is a must have.
#41 Posted: 23:05:35 14/11/2011
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=43295&post=2866588
riverhippo[/url
They don't even list the Legendaries, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I think I new more critical information before the game came out, than this book did after it released. Still, for an avid collector, this is a must have.

Yeah, that was another annoying aspect, given that I have waited with bated breath for this book to arrive. I also reckon that the pages could have been better stock and glossier, too.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me