Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
EBay Prices [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1 Posted: 03:40:07 08/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, so I have listed my first item in EBay for literally a decade – the 3DS version of this game minus Dark Spyro and Ignitor plus Eruptor.

When I did that I noticed that someone is selling one of those tower cases. The current bid for it is just over $30. This would be a decent price except (local) shipping puts it well over the $60 mark. Crikey! You can buy it in a shop for less than that... What are people thinking sometimes?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 03:43:48 08/11/2011
This kind of auctions is nice only when you are buying several things from the same seller to combine shipping. Otherwise, you save nothing =/
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#3 Posted: 02:32:14 28/03/2012
ebay prices are a WASTE!! (to me).
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#4 Posted: 02:43:12 28/03/2012
i've only bought one thing on ebay, and it was for almost twice the price!!!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#5 Posted: 03:19:07 28/03/2012
Good luck with selling the 3DS. Many people here bought them up, then sold the Ignitor and the Dark Spryo for a massive profit. The 3DS games (without characters) sell for about $10 here...... Now that Ignitor is available, not to mention that the price has dropped so much on that game pack ($40 at BB now) that should be the end of it. I get that you bought it because you wanted those characters and I would have done the same thing, but the scalpers have been doing that for a couple months already....
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#6 Posted: 04:03:17 28/03/2012
Yeah, 3DS game is virtually worthless. =| There's someone trying to sell the game and portal for $2 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer...&seller=&colid=

But on topic...
Those sellers eBay are worse than infomercials if you aren't careful. It's kind of amusing at the same time, though. Just do a search for something hot, like say, the legendary 3-pack. Take a look at the shipping prices, and then which ones are listed as "Economy Shipping". Some of those people will try to charge $20 for shipping and handling, pay about $4, and pocket the rest.

At least if they list it as Expedited and they send it Economy, you can dispute it with eBay because it's a breach of terms of agreement on their end; But otherwise, they can charge whatever they want, and get away with it, if you aren't careful.
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#7 Posted: 04:11:01 28/03/2012
The good news is that Ebay will charge the seller a final value fee for shipping, if they deem it excessive. I have been a buyer and seller on Ebay for years. I deal in a lot of car audio equipment, and I it infuriates me to see someone listing a $300 amplifier for $20, only to realize that they are charging $200 to ship. So many morons on there, but they will be charged for it. Don't get me wrong, I have shipped characters to my friend members for $2.50, and see people charging $10 for the same item. The typical single character can be shipped for a couple buck. If it is a three character pack, you are looking at paying about $5 at your local Post Office. Any more than that is extortion for the purpose of making additional profit.
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#8 Posted: 04:59:35 28/03/2012
Not necessarily so, it depends on the shipping method. when I list items I always ship USPS, with a delivery confirmation number (which costs extra) First Class for singles with a DC usually comes to $4 or $5, but if I have to ship from PA to say... California, that total is more like $7. Same thing goes for 3-packs in a way. They are too heavy for first class if they are well and safely packed. So, they are then going as USPS Priority Post with a delivery confirmation number. This usually adds up to $7 or $8 locally, but I've been charged $10 and change to ship to Washington state. It all depends on how you ship there are ways to cheap it out, but then you have to worry about loss or damage. And don't even get me started on what the shipping places charge for actual insurance, it's a complete joke. Plus you have to consider that not everyone has sturdy little cardboard boxes laying around (Walmart $1). And every now and then you have to buy a new roll of bubble wrap (Walmart $3-$5). All in all it can be costly to ship these things. Although I guess you could cheap out like toys r us and chuck them into an envelope and hope they get where they're going in good shape, but from a business standpoint I prefer to err on the side of caution. Look how many people got busted up figures out of that TRU screwup! Also, the sellers that have rediculously low prices and waaay above retail shipping prices should be banned from ebay entirely! To quote the dear Admiral ... "It's A Trap!"
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:01:40 28/03/2012 by Seewolfe78
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me