darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > My.... disappointment upon hearing about this game
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
My.... disappointment upon hearing about this game [CLOSED]
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#101 Posted: 00:02:38 13/11/2011
It must be exhausting to be such a hater.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#102 Posted: 00:10:04 13/11/2011
Quote: Reimu
It must be exhausting to be such a hater.

Yep. But hater's gonna hate.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#103 Posted: 03:48:15 13/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: CAV
Quote: LyraDragon
but skylander is very much alike super mario galaxy infact.

........................It isn't.

Skylanders might be okay for a 7/10 but the PSone games were like 9/10 good.

For the first time ever, you're right on the money.

Skylanders to me so far is a 7.5/10. It's good, and provides for a nice time-waster. But compared to other, bigger releases, it will be severely overlooked by anyone that is over the age of 11, and isn't a parent.

Nothing will beat the old games. But at least Skylanders got closer than any other Spyro game released since the original trilogy ended.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#104 Posted: 10:13:29 13/11/2011

........................It isn't.

Skylanders to me so far is a 7.5/10. It's good, and provides for a nice time-waster. But compared to other, bigger releases, it will be severely overlooked by anyone that is over the age of 11, and isn't a parent.

Nothing will beat the old games. But at least Skylanders got closer than any other Spyro game released since the original trilogy ended.

Not really, I think the closest was A Hero's Tail. You don't have 32 characters to mess around with, you don't get a "You can't get into this area unless you buy this one" Which I think is the most annoying thing they have ever done. It's like their whole game is a demo, and you have to buy characters to unlock the whole game, it's a bit weird. And all I saw, is advertisements through the game of other characters and that annoyed me even more.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#105 Posted: 05:57:34 18/11/2011
Quote: Reimu
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Skylanders will do to Spyro what Raving Rabbids did to Rayman.

Yes, but look at Rayman now. He's finally back with another game, which is doing well so far. If this game becomes successful (and I'm sure it will), Rayman will probably get his spotlight back.

And I do remember Activision mentioning that Spyro will get his own series back if Skylanders does well. And it did do well, becoming more successful than they planned.

I want a proof of that, I don't remember this?

Actually, what I meant to say was that I've heard other people mentioning that. And I believe them because Skylanders seems more like a spin off than an actual Spyro game. Knowing Activision, they probably only shoved Spyro in the game to help it with sales. Meaning that an actual Spyro game hasn't been made yet.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#106 Posted: 10:48:02 18/11/2011
I think people have to rationalise the precept that Activision is a commercial entity and follows the basic premise of Keynesian economics, of supply and demand.

If a "true" Spyro game would make a profit, they would release one.

To para-phrase the Bard, "I believe one protesteth too much..." Disclaimer: That statement is generic and not aimed at any specific party in this conversation but the general nay-sayers camp. If there is something the I don't agree with, then I simply won't purchase it.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#107 Posted: 14:19:08 18/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Not really, I think the closest was A Hero's Tail. You don't have 32 characters to mess around with, you don't get a "You can't get into this area unless you buy this one" Which I think is the most annoying thing they have ever done. It's like their whole game is a demo, and you have to buy characters to unlock the whole game, it's a bit weird. And all I saw, is advertisements through the game of other characters and that annoyed me even more.

I'm talking about a general sense critical reaction (i.e. What the critics thought). Obviously, other people will have other thoughts.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me