darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > [HACK-ish][PC]Play as any Skylander![HACK]
Page 1 of 1
[HACK-ish][PC]Play as any Skylander![HACK] [CLOSED]
chrispilot2293 Red Sparx Gems: 26
#1 Posted: 17:03:58 31/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Alright, im not at MY pc at the moment, but i figured out that in the PC/Mac(mabey) versions of Skylanders: Spyros Adventure you can play as any charaecter by renaming the files in C:/Program Files/Activiaion/Skylanders Spyros adventure/models/characters/minionmonsters or C:/Program Files(x86)/Activiaion/Skylanders Spyros adventure/models/characters/minionmonsters
like, if you rename

spyrojr to spyrojrbak
legendaryspyro to spyrojr

then you place the spyro figure on the portal of power, it comes up, and has NO intro animation, but when the character appears to be played, it is not Spyro, it is Legendary Spyro! smilie this works for all of them, just keep track of what you changed, so that you don screw up and rename the wrong thing and not be able to play that character smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:05:12 03/11/2011 by chrispilot2293
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2 Posted: 17:12:48 31/10/2011
Hm.... Someone should try with Cynder. I've done this before (on Fur Fighters), but not other games.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#3 Posted: 02:49:32 01/11/2011
How does that work though if you have only one figure? You must not be able to save the character data for more than one character at the same time.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#4 Posted: 06:52:09 01/11/2011
so its begun.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Mindomundo Red Sparx Gems: 88
#5 Posted: 00:00:20 03/11/2011
That's neat, but... Kinda illegal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:52 03/11/2011 by Mindomundo
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6 Posted: 01:15:22 03/11/2011
Quote: Mindomundo
That's neat, but... Kinda illegal.

Well... it might not be since their are alot of hack videos on youtube.

And then he bought the game so he can do whatever he wants to it if he doesn't sell anything to make money.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#7 Posted: 01:47:08 03/11/2011
If there's a video of someone stealing something in a shop on youtube, is this more legal?

And no, buying a game doesn't give you the rights on it, you should read the little "Read me" file coming with the game, and the terms of agreements. Or maybe you'll be the next human CentiPad? =P
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:42 03/11/2011 by Reimu
Smirf991 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#8 Posted: 02:07:32 03/11/2011
You should go through a level up or collecting whatever with cheat engine or something of that sorts running.
Then see what kind of things you can do.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#9 Posted: 03:35:50 03/11/2011
I think file-swapping counts as modifying the game data, which most if not all games state you can't/shouldn't do in their ToS.

I'm curious how it all works, like, is it just a cosmetic model swap? Are their attacks the same as the figure, or do they behave like their new model?
Is their skeleton buggy like those Super Smash Bros Brawl moveset swaps and we'll see goofy abominations like Cynderman? >:3
---
#all Spyros are valid
#10 Posted: 13:08:13 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, if you use a character with the same-ish attacks, like I tried it with changing Gill Grunt to Dark Spyro, it allowed me to breath dark fire, but not charge, or fly.. altough, when I changed Spyro (spyrojr) to Dark Spyro, and Legendary Spyro, i had all of Dark Spyro and Legendary Spyros attacks and abilitys, so you need a similar character, also, it dosent play the intro animation.
Dark Angel Red Sparx Gems: 98
#11 Posted: 04:31:53 08/11/2011
Quote: Reimu
If there's a video of someone stealing something in a shop on youtube, is this more legal?

And no, buying a game doesn't give you the rights on it, you should read the little "Read me" file coming with the game, and the terms of agreements. Or maybe you'll be the next human CentiPad?

First of all, how can you compare stealing something to hacking a game? They're nothing alike. So to answer you question, yes, it is more legal than stealing. If anything, Activision is stealing from us. You only have 1 way of playing the game, and that's to buy it. Sure, you could rent the game itself from a store or from GameFly or something like that. But the fact is, you can't rent the toys or the portal of power with the game. And since there's no way to play the game otherwise, Activision basically are screwing us over.

Second, you are technically right that buying the game doesn't give you the rights to the game. However, that only means that it can't be sold or redistributed. But when you buy a copy of a game, you have ALL the rights to that copy. The fact is, if you buy a book, you can't do anything that would allow you to make money off of it. But you can cross out names and replace them with your own names. Like in Animorphs, you could cross out the name Rachel and replace it with Shannen, or something like that. And it's not illegal because it's YOUR OWN copy of the book. In essence, that is exactly the same as hacking a game. When you buy a game, you paid for it. Therefor, you have the rights to that copy of the game. If it's only for your own personal use, you do so have the right to hack the game. Besides, why should Activision act any different with Skylander than they did when people began hacking the Guitar Hero games? Some of my favorite Guitar Hero songs were from hacked versions of the game.

If Activision didn't want people to hack Skylanders, then they should've made at least 1 playable character that is in the game and you don't need the PoP or the toys for.
---
~The Angel of Darkness, Alec~
#12 Posted: 11:55:12 08/11/2011
I never said that hacking a game and stealing something was the same thing. It was just to make my point that it's not because you see something on youtube that make it legal.

Even though you own your own copy of the game, hacking the files, changing its content is not approved by the ToS. No, Activision won't do anything about it, but still.

PS: About the Guitar Hero thing, there was a feature in the game allowing you to make your own music.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#13 Posted: 11:59:56 08/11/2011
Quote: Dark Angel
If Activision didn't want people to hack Skylanders, then they should've made at least 1 playable character that is in the game and you don't need the PoP or the toys for.

Don't they do even better by adding the PoP and 3 chars for you to play with at no extra charge*

*Disclaimer: In Oz, the cost of the game (with PoP and 3 chars) is the same as a standard new release game; I presume that this is also more-or-less true for other countries?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#14 Posted: 12:01:42 08/11/2011
Here the game is around 10$ more than a new released game, between 69,99$ and 79,99$
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#15 Posted: 12:16:00 08/11/2011
Here the game is around 10$ more than a new released game, between 69,99$ and 79,99$

Okay, even $10 for a piece of hardware and 3 figurines is not that a bitter pill to swallow, in my opinion.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#16 Posted: 12:22:59 08/11/2011
I'm with you on this
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#17 Posted: 17:08:24 08/11/2011
I'd like to try it but i'm terrified of ruining my game file. Could you upload a video of you performing the cheat on your PC with fraps so we can actually see it, then actually show a video of you replacing the same character followed by a clip of how it changes in game?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#18 Posted: 19:56:02 08/11/2011

And no, buying a game doesn't give you the rights on it, you should read the little "Read me" file coming with the game, and the terms of agreements. Or maybe you'll be the next human CentiPad? =P

Still need to watch that episode of South Park :3
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#19 Posted: 00:26:24 10/11/2011
I need to know, has anyone else ttried this, and how'd it go? Did it bugger the game, the computer the toy, di it work at all, what?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#20 Posted: 14:50:58 10/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I'd like to try it but i'm terrified of ruining my game file. Could you upload a video of you performing the cheat on your PC with fraps so we can actually see it, then actually show a video of you replacing the same character followed by a clip of how it changes in game?

I would, but I am selling my copy of PC Skylanders, because it runs horribly on my PC (not because of the hack, it just runs horrible smilie ) But I'm sure someone else would be willing to try it, and you wont corrupt the game file, as long as you rename the original file to "charname".bak smilie and then undo your renames when done playing as that character smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me