Page 1 of 1
Storing Your Skylanders [CLOSED]
Ammers Green Sparx Gems: 126
#1 Posted: 00:25:19 27/10/2011 | Topic Creator
This Skylanders Zip Case looks kind of fun and useful. I've been trying to figure out where to keep my growing collection besides tossing them in my gaming drawer. Is it just me though or does the divider section look flimsy and possibly made of cardboard? I like the element symbols on the side of it. smilie

Has anybody seen anything else like this around that I missed?
Quikwix Green Sparx Gems: 134
#2 Posted: 01:23:25 27/10/2011
There is a big plastic Castle thing that holds 8 Skylanders at a time, but I find they sit nice on my bookcare with all my games and my Char Plush (From Guild Wars 2 if anyone wanted to google it). My bookcase is fairly new and I am looking forward to filling it with more Skylanders Figures and other gaming collectables. Funny thing is the only books on it are Guidebooks!
token2k6 Green Sparx Gems: 360
#3 Posted: 01:42:49 27/10/2011
I'm using a Converse 'chucks' shoe box. The gist is that its deep enough to hold 12 figures and close with the lid on top. Not fancy at all, but gets the job done..

And that zip case doesn't look all that great, maybe for half the price I'd pick one up, but I think it only holds 5-6 figures..
JeremyTheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 317
#4 Posted: 03:13:13 27/10/2011
Well Idk about getting that since the review. Well I know dont listen to other's opinions.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#5 Posted: 05:12:53 27/10/2011
I just moved all my PS1 games out of a shelf and shoved my Skylanders in there, (they sit on top of their trading cards, cause it looks more fancy). It's literally right next to the computer,

and it would be a pain to have to remove them from the case every time you play.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:13:47 27/10/2011 by Dragons-go-hrr
Ammers Green Sparx Gems: 126
#6 Posted: 05:55:18 27/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Eww. That review wasn't there earlier when I was looking at it. That's WAY too small. The hell...
Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#7 Posted: 02:37:02 28/10/2011
Quote: Ammers
Eww. That review wasn't there earlier when I was looking at it. That's WAY too small. The hell...

Agreed. I don't understand the point in making such an inferior product. They keep yelling in your face during the game about buying all the Skylanders, 12 of which aren't even for sale, and they refuse to sell you anything to hold them all. It's moronic on two counts. By 1. not making an appropriately sized case, and 2. not selling 12 advertised figures, they're making my head hurt. It's like driving around an ice-cream truck, only listing ice-cream cones for sale, but then telling people "sorry, all out of cones! Hold out your hands."

I happened to have a Plano fabric tackle box sitting around. It's probably 12" x 6" x 4", which isn't amazing, but it holds everything I have within it (after I removed the tackle-related containers). There are 3 pockets on the outside for the cards, stickers, etc. It's definitely getting cramped though, so when the next 12 hit, I'll either have to double them up, height-wise, or get a bigger container.
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:49 28/10/2011 by Dueck
th3sis Red Sparx Gems: 15
#8 Posted: 03:39:49 30/10/2011
Right now I display mine on a set of shelves I picked up at a second hand shelf. I'm hoping there will be enough room to hold all of them, but if not might have to look into upgrading to something different. smilie

I tuck away the cards, stickers and barcodes into the little envelope that came with the 3DS box...eventually I will need to upgrade that too though.
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#9 Posted: 22:06:31 30/10/2011
I use a plastic trick or treat pumpkin.

The "dividers" are not dividers unfortunately. They are just there to keep thecase looking puffed up and full on the shelf. Unfortunately a useless zipper case. Would be better with REAL dividers in it.
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#10 Posted: 16:18:43 31/10/2011
Quote: Psykostevo
I use a plastic trick or treat pumpkin.

The "dividers" are not dividers unfortunately. They are just there to keep thecase looking puffed up and full on the shelf. Unfortunately a useless zipper case. Would be better with REAL dividers in it.

they are dividers, i have stuffed 10 into mine, using the dividers and center part, but i agree with everyone else, the uber thin cardboard (or really, card stock paper) is a disappointment.

without the cardboard in there, it makes a pretty cool lunch box smilie
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#11 Posted: 20:06:47 31/10/2011
I'm using a cookie monster lunch box with some foam at the bottom so they don't move around as much. I can only fit about 12 characters in there... I don't like the ones they have on sale, very flimsy and not space saving. I'm considering getting some shelf type of display for them.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#12 Posted: 21:33:31 31/10/2011
I only have 2 now. They're hanging out together on the base of my LED purple desk lamp.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#13 Posted: 19:56:59 03/11/2011
Actually I can fit 16 skylanders in my 7.6" x 9.5" tin lunchbox. I put a piece of foam on the lid so they don't move around as much. smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me