Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Reviews [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 00:54:24 25/10/2011 | Topic Creator
What the title says. (Also sorry if this has been done)

Mine (Might flesh it out later):

•It's mostly what I had hoped for in the next Spyro game, but not at all how I expected it, though that’s not a bad thing.
•They returned Spyro to his light and happy tone brought back the platforming, as well as tools, a vast diversity of species, portals, puzzles and collectables.
•They also used much inspiration from the first three games.
•They combined Classic and Legend well, and I for one am glad that Classic seemed to overshadow LOS for the most part.
•The game was long and had good challenges.
•The story was light was enjoyable and the characters (non playable at least) had a lot of colorful personality.

•The visuals were pleasant but ultimately nothing special, as with the music; there were some nice tracks but nothing I for one really liked a lot, and it mostly lacked power and was mostly not memorable.
•Though I am not picky about graphics, the animations were terrible. The voice and lip motions did not sync up and repetition of the animations got annoying in a hurry.
•I would recommend an adjustable camera that could be set to automatic control, as it currently is, or to a manual chase camera, like what was in Spyro 1-3 and many other older platform games. I request this not simply for nostalgia, but for convenience and personal taste. I for one simply like the camera to be at the back of the character and in my control so that I can enjoy the landscape and see things from a more dramatic angle.
•I for one would be thrilled if in a following title the simplistic in-game cinematics were abandoned for an animation style like that of the intro cut scene and a far more dramatic and dynamic set up similar to that of an animated feature film. (think Owls of Ga’Hoole)

•As for the playable characters, many of them have what I for one call good back stories, but many would still could be called bland and uninspired. Prior to release, I had hoped that there would be for more character development regarding the playable characters than there was, and that we would see interaction between the characters, either all of them, purchased or not, or at least between those that were purchased.
•Furthermore, the toy concept is only full of novelty for the time being. Eventually, gamers will get bored of the toys, and deem them a bad idea, or so I’d expect.
•Also, it is obscene to force gamers to spend at least an additional $40 on toys after the initial cost of $70 on the base game just to get 100% completion.

•In regards to the toys I have two suggestions for Activision and Toys for Bob.
•The first would be to eliminate the toy component altogether, keep the rest of the game as it is, but have the characters as unlock able content already within the game. I might also suggest that they only release a few characters as the game progresses and they are met In the game via the story. This idea would solve the issue of the toys’ loss of novelty and high cost (collectively speaking) and the lack of character development because those released throughout the game would be met by Spyro in game, and as they interact more would be revealed about Spyro and the other characters.
•The second is simply to reduce the cost of additional toys to something dirt cheap.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:56 25/10/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me