darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > I don't like the starter pack thing and the variety packs D:
Page 1 of 1
I don't like the starter pack thing and the variety packs D: [CLOSED]
InfinityGuy Red Sparx Gems: 40
#1 Posted: 23:50:27 09/10/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm kinda hoping that after the game comes out i will be able to just buy a spyro, a dark spyro, and a bunch of other dragons for maself instead of having to buy them all together. Anyway i'm kinda really like the spyro figure except he should keep his mouth closed. I like how his figure looked in the dark spyro trailer. heres how the spyro figure should look in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwiux5BMr18
heres the good spyro pack [User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
Im the guy who's life is Infinite
Check out ma youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/DassidaFilms
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 23:55:40 09/10/2011
Don't like it? Don't buy it.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 23:56:37 09/10/2011
^ This, so much.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#4 Posted: 00:02:30 10/10/2011
I actually want to give this game a try...
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#5 Posted: 00:02:43 10/10/2011
I don't think Dark Spyro will ever be available for purchase singally, not unless you scour eBay for it (and even then, there's a good chance it will cost more than $7.99). Same with Legendary Spyro.

I prefer him with mouth closed too, but I still really like the figure. He looks better close up.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#6 Posted: 01:38:13 10/10/2011
If you're handy with crafts, you could probably cut off Spyro's lower jaw and either sculpt a new one or cut away part of it and fix it back on, closed. But I'd take caution with trying not to damage the RFID chip - either using an air-dry material like epoxy, just dipping the head in boiling water (assuming the chip is stored in the base), or some other method.

Stealth Elf is the only character sold separately(according to preorder listings), but just by going off of Dark Spyro being the only one labeled as exclusive, the others might be available separately later? Not sure.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#7 Posted: 01:45:47 10/10/2011
^No. There are several characters sold seperately on release. TRU says so.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 01:59:36 10/10/2011
Quote: Fireball
^No. There are several characters sold seperately on release. TRU says so.

Maybe I should clarify - the characters I'm talking about in that post are the ones who are packaged with the games - Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, Ignitor, and regular Spyro. Stealth Elf is packaged with the 3DS game and also available in a single pack, the others are only sold with the games, unless you want to count Legendary Spyro.
---
#all Spyros are valid
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#9 Posted: 09:18:40 10/10/2011
^I think Ignitor is sold separately too.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#10 Posted: 16:15:03 10/10/2011
I only have one problem:

There are 3 3-Character Packs. In each one, there is one character I like, and 2 that I don't. I'm more or less forced to buy the characters I want seperately, therefore raising the price.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#11 Posted: 18:26:34 10/10/2011
Quote: CAV
I only have one problem:

There are 3 3-Character Packs. In each one, there is one character I like, and 2 that I don't. I'm more or less forced to buy the characters I want seperately, therefore raising the price.

That's always the way smilie

In the UK, most stores you get them from only earn you a £1/$2 discount. Call me cheap, I was hoping for at least a couple of quid discount :x
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#12 Posted: 20:28:52 10/10/2011
Quote: CAV
I only have one problem:

...I feel your pain. smilie;
#13 Posted: 21:12:44 10/10/2011
^That feeling when you want Sonic Boom, Chop Chop, and Drobot, but they aren't together in a pack.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#14 Posted: 22:21:07 10/10/2011
Are the legendaries together in a 3x3?
And the normal Spyro has a 3x3 pack?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 22:23:25 10/10/2011
They're all in a character pack. And the normal Spyro is exclusive in the Starter Pack.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#16 Posted: 22:28:19 10/10/2011
Thanks
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#17 Posted: 22:31:01 10/10/2011
I wish they'd make a custom pack just for me. One with Spyro, Cynder, and Dark Spyro. Then one with Sonic Boom, Flameslinger, and Legendary Spyro.
#18 Posted: 23:10:19 10/10/2011
^It would've been nice to have the ability to customize your own 3 pack.

Someone should email that idea to Toys For Bob.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:32 10/10/2011 by CAV
InfinityGuy Red Sparx Gems: 40
#19 Posted: 23:11:00 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Well I dont think it's that easy and it will need $$.
I dont get the packs with one character then some othe piece of something thats no a character just some shim or grave [User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
RadSpyro your profile pic is cool the close up of the spyro looks beast
---
Im the guy who's life is Infinite
Check out ma youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/DassidaFilms
#20 Posted: 23:16:19 10/10/2011
^The Adventure pack has only one character while costing $20 because it also includes an entirely new area to explore, as well as 2 extra pieces that do.............something.
Firehead010 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#21 Posted: 22:53:02 13/10/2011
Random, but on the pack, when I saw it say: Bring me to life,
it reminded me of Bring me to life by Evanescence
---
Don't try to hard to get through life. No one gets out alive anyway. -Random
InsaneAlphaBeta Green Sparx Gems: 194
#22 Posted: 04:00:55 14/10/2011
Quote: parisruelz12
everyone on this site has the right to express their opinions whether any of us like it or not, to be honest i still think Skylanders is Activision's attempt at A: seeing how far the spyro name alone will get them, B: its there attempt at easy money,

and thats my opinion.
#23 Posted: 04:26:54 14/10/2011
Besides, he never really ranted on the game itself, but rather how certain characters are exclusive to certain versions......
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#24 Posted: 10:54:26 14/10/2011
Quote: InsaneAlphaBeta
everyone on this site has the right to express their opinions whether any of us like it or not, to be honest i still think Skylanders is Activision's attempt at A: seeing how far the spyro name alone will get them, B: its there attempt at easy money,

and thats my opinion.

At least Activision is TRYING to bring Spyro back after (to some people, the letdown and mess that is) DotD. If Skylanders sells well, then they might even give him his own game.

So they aren't as evil as a ****load of the fandom thinks.
And she's posting her opinion as well, sooo it goes both ways.
---
but i love it all smooth
#25 Posted: 15:52:08 14/10/2011
Quote: LevanJess
Quote: InsaneAlphaBeta

and thats my opinion.

At least Activision is TRYING to bring Spyro back after (to some people, the letdown and mess that is) DotD. If Skylanders sells well, then they might even give him his own game.

So they aren't as evil as a ****load of the fandom thinks.
And she's posting her opinion as well, sooo it goes both ways.
I know this, though she acted as if he didn't have the right to say what he thinks, that's what they all say.

i also know the things Activision has done for this industry, they saved the industry in 1983 when Atari *the main game main company at the time*went out of business,

though Activision has changed sense then, now they follow the same path Atari did, causing almost all of there developers to rush there games out the door, which isn't exactly a good thing in my opinion.
#26 Posted: 20:07:47 14/10/2011
She still has a right to disagree?

It doesn't matter if it's rushed. If it's good and has good gameplay, then that is what matters. Not design, not graphics, not whether it's rushed or not.
We don't want a broken game like EtD (I found it a bit enjoyable, though), do we? I never found any of Activision's games as bad as EtD.
---
but i love it all smooth
#27 Posted: 21:03:03 14/10/2011
She still has a right to disagree?
obviously yes, but she could have atleast shown some respect for his opinion, everyone is equal on this forum, she and the OP are no exeption, her post did not add any discussion at all, some could have just thrown her post back at her.

example (dont like the thread? dont post in it)

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it's rushed. If it's good and has good gameplay, then that is what matters. Not design, not graphics, not whether it's rushed or not.
We don't want a broken game like EtD (I found it a bit enjoyable, though), do we? I never found any of Activision's games as bad as EtD.
i disagree, most of the time a rushed product can lead to it being unpolished and filled with gameplay/experience ruining bugs and glitches, i would rather them take there time to make the game as good as it can be, then have a unfinished game that could have been alot better gameplay wise,

and for the record CoD Black Ops was rushed and only ported to PC and PS3, the game had so many game breaking bugs and glitches it was unplayable on every console but 360, and that's due to the fact that it was rushed, this has also happened to many other games.
#28 Posted: 21:08:43 14/10/2011
People say that all the time. They're just giving advice, actually, instead of really disagreeing. Besides, she never flamed him/her for it.
And they could've, I suppose.

I know, I meant that as long as the game is good, it doesn't matter if it's rushed. If it's not broken, but rushed, it's still good.
True.

I have a friend who plays Black Ops all the time on his DSi, and I never saw any glitches. However, I'm not sure on the consoles.
True, EtD is a good example.
---
but i love it all smooth
#29 Posted: 22:41:36 14/10/2011
I know, I meant that as long as the game is good, it doesn't matter if it's rushed. If it's not broken, but rushed, it's still good.
True.
i know that, i was mainly stating that because its possible that if they rush it to much they may screw it up.

Quote:
I have a friend who plays Black Ops all the time on his DSi, and I never saw any glitches. However, I'm not sure on the consoles.
True, EtD is a good example.
mainly PC and PS3 where affected, im glad it went well for your friend.
#30 Posted: 02:11:58 15/10/2011
Agreed, it is more than possible. Lots have screwed up, but I believe some were okay.

Thank you, and also thank you for the information.
---
but i love it all smooth
JeremyTheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 317
#31 Posted: 03:48:55 15/10/2011
It'd be great if there's a Spyro Trilogy Figure Pack: Spyro, Dark Spyro, and Legendary Spyro. But I believe that might happen if the game goes very well with reviewers and critics. Also the sales.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me