darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011)
First | Previous | Page 37 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1801 Posted: 05:47:10 04/12/2011
Quote: Dragonhope
Toys R Us raised single-figure prices to $9.99 for anyone who cares. *headdesk*

Adventure Packs also got a raise, too. I don't know how much, though.

EDIT: Rumored to be something about Activision or the store wanting more moolah.

Adventure packs are $25.

And it's not that they want more money, since Target, Best Buy, and other stores are selling them for the normal price. Heck, Gamestop is selling the single packs for $5. The price raise was Toysrus' decision, and their's alone.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10124
#1802 Posted: 06:50:33 04/12/2011
Why is everything cheaper on the other side of the world??? D:
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#1803 Posted: 07:59:53 04/12/2011
Quote: CAV
Toys R Us raised single-figure prices to $9.99 for anyone who cares. *headdesk*

Adventure Packs also got a raise, too. I don't know how much, though.

EDIT: Rumored to be something about Activision or the store wanting more moolah.

Adventure packs are $25.

And it's not that they want more money, since Target, Best Buy, and other stores are selling them for the normal price. Heck, Gamestop is selling the single packs for $5. The price raise was Toysrus' decision, and their's alone.
I see. It's still a mystery that's best left unsolved, I guess. Not that I planned on buying any Skylanders from Toys R Us since I have thousands of Targets and Gamestops next to me.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#1804 Posted: 12:29:05 04/12/2011
Nothing changed here in Canada. 3 packs are still 19,99$ and single pack are still 6,99$!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1805 Posted: 18:22:34 04/12/2011
Toys R Us has raised the prices on all of their stock. It's because of the upcoming holidays. The prices will go back down after Christmas (this happens every year).

As for things being cheaper over here... If you want the crippled economy and the high unemployment rate just so you can have cheaper stuff (that you wouldn't be able to afford unless you lived outside the country), be my guest. It sure is a laugh riot over here. smilie
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#1806 Posted: 21:06:01 04/12/2011
The prices haven't changed for online TRU, but then you do have the hassle of shipping. I wonder if you can get the price back down if you bring that up to the manager, then again they'll probably yap that it's an internet deal
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1807 Posted: 04:10:42 05/12/2011
I noticed that the Year of the Dragon is in 2012. I think releasing the Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack and the other dragon Skylanders is the perfect time to do it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1808 Posted: 04:48:31 05/12/2011
I still say before Chistmas is best, that way they make sales on Christmas gifts.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1809 Posted: 04:54:00 05/12/2011
Empire of Ice will most likely be released before Christmas, since it's snow-themed, and I saw one of the enemies wearing a santa hat.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1810 Posted: 05:01:56 05/12/2011
So we're probably getting Empire for Christmas and Dragon's Peak for New Year (possibly.)

Make a ton of sense since Dragon's Peak features a dragon styled to that of Chinese mythology.

And hopefully, around Monday, Skylanders FB will have another character video sent to public.
---
#1811 Posted: 06:48:46 05/12/2011
It seems like a lot of people missed that bit in the press releases from months ago saying most of the 32 characters would be released throughout 2012. Just an observation.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#1812 Posted: 06:49:48 05/12/2011
but but but, people says before cristmas...oh well..if we have to wait THAT long, so be it smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1813 Posted: 12:55:59 05/12/2011
Quote: Razz
It seems like a lot of people missed that bit in the press releases from months ago saying most of the 32 characters would be released throughout 2012. Just an observation.

but most of them have been released before xmas... its 24 figurines already out there, whats left is 8... i think there will be one new wave before xmas then the rest show up in jan/feb 2012.
#1814 Posted: 13:36:36 05/12/2011

As for things being cheaper over here... If you want the crippled economy and the high unemployment rate just so you can have cheaper stuff (that you wouldn't be able to afford unless you lived outside the country), be my guest. It sure is a laugh riot over here. smilie

Well, raising the prices wouldn't help the economy. Items would sell much more likely at a lower price. Raising the price would only turn people off from buying the item from there (including me), meaning you get less sales than you would have if you made it cheaper.

BUT THEN AGAIN, the economy is screwed either way. An economic collapse is inevitable (when it would happen, nobody knows), and my generation would be pinned with the problem sooner or later. When that happens, I'll run to a country that isn't THAT badly effected by the collapse.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:38:45 05/12/2011 by CAV
#1815 Posted: 18:45:14 05/12/2011
Uh, that's what I was talking about, SB. I kind of know intimately that making things more expensive just means people won't buy them. Anyone who grew up buying $4 paperback books who won't buy them for the $9 modern price tag knows that. smilie

No, it's not. We could still pull out of this, though that is increasingly unlikely given the actions of the powers that be. If it did happen, it would be within the next few years and your generation won't be in any more trouble than mine (heck, at this point, people my age are having a much harder time of it than you guys are; you've still got parents looking out for you and more government assistance available than you're aware of).
#1816 Posted: 23:41:52 05/12/2011
Yes, most of them will be getting released in 2012. And yes, we're getting like one character (Camo) this month/early January sometime due to how the best way to tell which characters are coming out is through Skylanders FB who makes their respective video public to everybody.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#1817 Posted: 23:48:35 05/12/2011
I'm still not so sure. That could have been an accident, considering Camo's video was released the same time as the Wave 2 videos.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#1818 Posted: 00:23:40 06/12/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
I'm still not so sure. That could have been an accident, considering Camo's video was released the same time as the Wave 2 videos.
Is that part of the mass update the website had with the figure bios? K, let me explain.

All Skylanders videos are uploaded, yes? But they are set to private so nobody could see. Private means only those with the link or post can see. Skylanders FB will have one video set from private to public at least each week for people who don't go on the website to see. Now, if you follow them closely, you will come to the realization that each video corresponds to the figures that will be released. Therefore, this is the only prime way to know which Skylanders are coming out.

And it's also official smilie
---
#1819 Posted: 00:24:51 06/12/2011
Official from where?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13926
#1820 Posted: 00:27:53 06/12/2011
This week's chart

17th on all formats (down from 15th)
16th on Xbox 360 (down from 15th)
7th on Wii (down from 6th)
14th on PS3 (up from 15th)
Not in top 20 on PC
Not in top 10 on 3DS
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:06 06/12/2011 by dark52
#1821 Posted: 00:28:23 06/12/2011
Is that part of the mass update the website had with the figure bios? K, let me explain.

All Skylanders videos are uploaded, yes? But they are set to private so nobody could see. Private means only those with the link or post can see. Skylanders FB will have one video set from private to public at least each week for people who don't go on the website to see. Now, if you follow them closely, you will come to the realization that each video corresponds to the figures that will be released. Therefore, this is the only prime way to know which Skylanders are coming out.

Maybe, but Camo has no release date, whereas Wrecking Ball and co had their date announced before the video was even released.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#1822 Posted: 00:31:59 06/12/2011

Maybe, but Camo has no release date, whereas Wrecking Ball and co had their date announced before the video was even released.
When did the Wave 2 figures get their date?

Of course, Toys for Bob being Toys for Bob, they'll can up everything they know. They'll give you the character, but not the date. I mean, half of their answers regarding this eventually end up as: "Oh, we don't know! smilie" when in reality I'm pretty sure they carefully planned this out.
---
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#1823 Posted: 00:38:29 06/12/2011

Of course, Toys for Bob being Toys for Bob, they'll can up everything they know. They'll give you the character, but not the date. I mean, half of their answers regarding this eventually end up as: "Oh, we don't know! smilie" when in reality I'm pretty sure they carefully planned this out.

If that's the case, then I'm hoping Camo's likely to be out sometime this month.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#1824 Posted: 00:40:23 06/12/2011

That's very true. I'm not saying Camo won't come out soon of course! I'm just not entirely certain just yet smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#1825 Posted: 01:03:22 06/12/2011
DUN DUN DUN~

Now THAT'S limited edition.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1826 Posted: 01:05:29 06/12/2011
DUN DUN DUN~

They all look cool! smilie
...It's a TLoS cameo isn't it?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
RocketBeast Green Sparx Gems: 326
#1827 Posted: 01:07:53 06/12/2011
I voted for the transblue, its so pretty smilie

Its interesting that they are doing this now, though. First silver Skylanders, now one of the three trans-colors.

Hopefully, by the time the voting ends, they can give some information as to their release date as well as the remaining characters.
---
Beastly Tiki Behemoth
Own: (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)
#1828 Posted: 01:08:04 06/12/2011
DUN DUN DUN~

Argh, and I thought Limited Pokemon Center goods were a pain. I love the blue one, but I doubt I'll get a chance, seeing as I haven't even seen a single silver (after 30 boxes of factory sealed sets were opened at TRU as well).

I secretly wish they'd just release them but with a serial/LE number on their site or something ._.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#1829 Posted: 01:08:14 06/12/2011
I like these! They look way better than the Silver ones! And for a blue one, I might hunt a bit!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1830 Posted: 01:23:13 06/12/2011
...Dat blue... I...I love it...
#1831 Posted: 01:47:48 06/12/2011
Have to add that not all of these figures will get released, if you missed that. One that gets the most votes is released next year.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1832 Posted: 02:39:32 06/12/2011
Quote: parisruelz12
DUN DUN DUN~

They all look cool! smilie
...It's a TLoS cameo isn't it?

Not, it's Bash. Translucent colour variated Bash.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#1833 Posted: 04:04:15 06/12/2011
DUN DUN DUN~

Okay, so silver was kinda boring. But CLEAR? allofmymoney.jpg

I can't even find a silver one yet (even though I don't like the only 3 characters with that variant), getting a pretty clear one without paying 1000% more on ebay will be a challenge. Does anyone have advice on how to live at Toys R Us?
---
#all Spyros are valid
#1834 Posted: 04:24:22 06/12/2011

No, it's not. We could still pull out of this, though that is increasingly unlikely given the actions of the powers that be. If it did happen, it would be within the next few years and your generation won't be in any more trouble than mine (heck, at this point, people my age are having a much harder time of it than you guys are; you've still got parents looking out for you and more government assistance available than you're aware of).

It's because of the increasingly unlikely odds that I say it's inevitable. Eventually, those odds will be so slim that it's near impossible.

Ah, but what happens within a few years (probably 3-4 in my case) when I go out on my own, and then a few years after that, my generation becomes saddled with the problems. And for all we know, things could actually get even worse after your generation has weathered the storm. It's near impossible to say who would get it worse. Parental and government care only go so far until the upcoming generation is left in a river of debt without a paddle.
#1835 Posted: 05:37:44 06/12/2011
There was a response here, but then I realized that I really don't want to talk about the economic crisis and potential impending civil war in a topic for Skylanders news. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:14:08 06/12/2011 by Razz
#1836 Posted: 23:47:25 06/12/2011
^I wish I saw the response before it was too late. ;________;
#1837 Posted: 08:01:14 07/12/2011
Which is exactly why it's gone now. smilie I hate talking politics and economics with anyone who hasn't at least read "Predictably Irrational". smilie
#1838 Posted: 03:01:28 08/12/2011
^Well excccuuuuuuuuse me.

I'm off to go read that book. WE'LL MEET AGAIN, RAZZEK. Mark my words!
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#1839 Posted: 03:55:25 08/12/2011

What the hell just happened?

IF THE WORLD FALLS APART YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY.
#1840 Posted: 06:19:20 08/12/2011
I just tricked CAV into reading a cool book by a behavioral economist, it seems. smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1841 Posted: 17:02:03 08/12/2011
Uh, that's what I was talking about, SB. I kind of know intimately that making things more expensive just means people won't buy them. Anyone who grew up buying $4 paperback books who won't buy them for the $9 modern price tag knows that. smilie

[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:19 08/12/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#1842 Posted: 20:01:16 08/12/2011
Yep, I was. I'm a lazy typist.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#1843 Posted: 20:35:10 08/12/2011
i dreamth yesterday that my tamagotchi had my skylanders in it. wierd...
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#1844 Posted: 21:06:12 08/12/2011
Yep, I was. I'm a lazy typist.

...............But I haven't posted in this topic in pages...

....Oh, I see what I did there...that pun wasn't intentional... smilie
---
#1845 Posted: 22:01:38 08/12/2011
It's very possible I thought the person who started the conversation was you. I just glanced at their username and icon and I thought it was yours.
#1846 Posted: 22:11:13 08/12/2011
I thought so, just making sure. It's not a problem at all! smilie
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1847 Posted: 19:53:05 10/12/2011
lolololol.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#1848 Posted: 02:15:28 11/12/2011
^What?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1849 Posted: 13:21:49 11/12/2011
Saw the SSA trailer in front of Puss in Boots smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Previous | Page 37 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me