First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
If Sierra made Dawn of the Dragon... [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#51 Posted: 15:05:03 23/08/2011
I'll say it again: 12-year-olds who've known each other for less than three weeks (and that is official) do not a plausible relationship make. I bought it when they hinted that they might like each other in TEN, but that last line in DotD is cliched bunk and rings as nothing but gross pandering to a fandom that didn't need any more fanservice.

And re: Cynder always being talked about:
I once challenged dS to not talk about her at all in a single topic for a week, even going so far as to draw Cynder art if they could do it. They only made it five days. It's quite ridiculous and it gets wearying, especially when the conversations about her are always the same (either SxC or how sexy she is). Anyone else remember and miss the days when she wasn't all that got talked about or when we at least had more to say about her?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#52 Posted: 15:55:19 23/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
That's all everyone talks about from DOTD though. From the topic message should we even be talking about Cynder all over again, stating the exact same things all over again, I find it so funny how she is the character that seems to keep popping up all the time.

Since when does talking about companies publishing games all of a sudden involve talking about Cynder? Once again. smilie

Because she takes up more spotlight than Spyro does in the game, and there are more reasons to complain about her than the game itself. smilie

Because, face it, if it wasn't for the controversy Cynder made in the fandom (which spawned fanboys/girls of the character and the SxC shipping), LoS would've came, went, and nobody would've known or cared. Dispite having no big problems with the character, I will blame her for the beginning of the fandom's fall into dispair, since prior to LoS, the fandom seemed calm and collected.

But that's just what I see.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:12 23/08/2011 by CAV
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#53 Posted: 01:32:41 24/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Jackson117
It be like if someone mentioned warcraft and said Thrall or Lich king, it's because they are the ****ing main characters....I'm kinda sick of haters going around being snarky and **** on perfectly neutral and sane fans

You look on these forums then, all I ever see get mentioned most of the time is Cynder. Spyro is probably talked about for two seconds, then it's back to the attention of Cynder again.

You know what, Cynder haters or whatever they like to call themselves that just barge in are worse, I've had jack**** from Elitist haters who just complain and whine and troll sane fans, that ain't fair and it's making them worse then the insane fans.

Hell too many good art and literature has been ruined because Elitest pricks come in and wreck **** up, If it was them vs the insane fans that deserve it then fine by me but you know what? No they don't stop they keep pressing sane fan's buttons to the point they flame and bait.

Words can not describe how hypocritical this all is to the point that I'm a hypocritical and waiting for this to turn into a ****storm
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#54 Posted: 02:21:32 24/08/2011
The better question would be 'What if Insomniac made TLoS?'
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#55 Posted: 07:25:09 24/08/2011
^ ooh, now THAT would be interesting... Wouldn't it be cool if they picked it up again? It'd be like combining the awesomeness of classic, with half descent graphics! smilie And Spyro not looking like some weird troll thing.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#56 Posted: 10:59:52 24/08/2011
^ while i do agree with more classic games would be amazing, i don't see what the huge deal with graphics and character designs are.
really, it's like nowadays all most people care about are graphics (i thought the old ones were decent) and a stupid character design.
---
but i love it all smooth
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#57 Posted: 02:31:22 27/08/2011
Why can't people just respect the game for what its worth?

Everyone always complains about plotholes and design and all that...so what? Why doesn't anybody like a game for what's it worth, not for its plotholes.

I'm sure original Classics had plotholes, same with the first LoS games, yet people force their fury down on DotD.

Free flight = has to be limited, game would be too easy if not.

Malefor's lair = who said he lured them?

Hunter = attempt to bring him back in and remind the fanbase of him. To combine Classic and LoS. Also, why did he help Spyro in Classics? Also, he's been around since TEN. In prison ship, Hunter says in a letter, "Been watching your progress" or some **** like that...also...perhaps the guardians had something to do with it?

Love = SxC has been developing since TEN, also, what's wrong with that? Ember randomly falls for Spyro in classics, no? Nobody complains about that! Also, at least they're teens now and not kids!

Aging = 3 years in a crystal. Three whole years.

Ignitus = never died. Watch end cutscene.

Sparx = that is a mystery for me.

Gameplay = lame how? All spyro games minus Classics and DotD have linear gameplay (as in go from point a to point b). DotD at least allowed a more free-roaming environment, makes things MUCH more interesting and less monotonous.

Dark Spyro = nobody said Spyro was purged of the darkness.

Powers = Spyro never lost them to begin with.

Cynder's powers = A: she only used them in ANB, and it was her Fear breath, why can't she have 4 breaths? B: it makes gameplay more fun. Who wants a character with only one breath? Especially when Spyro has 4

One last note on freeflight. At least it was air currents that controlled their flight instead of just an invisible wall. Realism people! Spyro and Cynder are small, I'm not surprised that a powerful air current can stop them from exiting boundries.

Negatives I have:

1) Flight WAS difficult and took getting used to
2) Same with controls
3) That damn chain.
4) The blinding colors.

Everything else was fine.

I believe I filled most of the plotholes
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:00:43 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#58 Posted: 02:36:40 27/08/2011
Classics did indeed have a fair few plotholes.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#59 Posted: 02:44:49 27/08/2011
People complain about SxC?

Yet nobody notices SxE?

Ember randomly falls in love for Spyro in the Classics, with no rhyme or reason as to why?

What I see, IMHO, is a bunch of butthurt Classic Nazis *****ing because acti tried...and partially succeeded...to follow their fanbase as they aged.

Kids who played Classic Spyro are teens and adults now, Acti, to please those original fans, consequently made LoS more mature, cause they knew that the original fanbase are into that **** now.

A good strategic plan for Acti...Classic Nazis raging over it.

Don't get me wrong, LoS fantards are every bit as bad as Classic Nazis. *****ing because Acti couldn't do more, or because they're arrogant.

I'm sure in the days of Ember's crush on Spyro, you had SxE shipping and Ember-fanboys.

So complaining about SxC is without foundation, cause its a mirror image of SxE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:17 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#60 Posted: 02:45:47 27/08/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

Yet nobody notices SxE?

Ember randomly falls in love for Spyro in the Classics, with no rhyme or reason as to why?

What I see, IMHO, is a bunch of butthurt Classic Nazis *****ing because acti tried...and partially succeeded...to follow their fanbase as they aged.

Kids who played Classic Spyro are teens and adults now, Acti, to please those original fans, consequently made LoS more mature, cause they knew that the original fanbase are into that **** now.

Don't get me wrong, LoS fantards are every bit as bad as Classic Nazis. *****ing because Acti couldn't do more, or because they're arrogant.

I'm sure in the days of Ember's crush on Spyro, you had SxE shipping and Ember-fanboys.

Friend, you just "Godwin's Law'd", expect a ****storm.
#61 Posted: 02:50:36 27/08/2011
Its a reasonable explanation, and its true.

Let the **** hit the fan. If your not a Classic Nazi or a LoS fantard, you shouldn't have a problem with this.
Arguing about only shows your bias.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#62 Posted: 02:55:26 27/08/2011

Yet nobody notices SxE?

So complaining about SxC is without foundation, cause its a mirror image of SxE.

^ This.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#63 Posted: 02:57:34 27/08/2011
I hate the people that complain about any of the series while saying the other one is flawless.
Both series had plotholes, people just seem to complain about TLoS' more.
#64 Posted: 03:02:12 27/08/2011

Because DotD isn't worth diddly squat to a lot of people. smilie

Quote:
Everyone always complains about plotholes and design and all that...so what? Why doesn't anybody like a game for what's it worth, not for its plotholes.

Er...without a story or design, you don't have a game. What, exactly, are we supposed to be finding worth in, then?

Quote:
I'm sure original Classics had plotholes, same with the first LoS games, yet people force their fury down on DotD.

Oh, they certainly did, but unlike LoS, the older games weren't pretending to be anything other than simple games with very basic plots. If you're going to make something that's supposed to be like a movie (which the LoS story was), you'd better be sure to fill in those holes because people will notice them.

Quote:

I call bull on that one since the oldest games did have free flight levels that not only worked better than the "free flight" in DotD, but which were actually challenging. Heck, ANB's flight levels were better than DotD's gimmick.

Quote:

Uh, he did. Malefor himself said he lured Spyro and Cynder to him at least twice.

Quote:
Hunter = attempt to bring him back in and remind the fanbase of him. To combine Classic and LoS. Also, why did he help Spyro in Classics? Also, he's been around since TEN. In prison ship, Hunter says in a letter, "Been watching your progress" or some **** like that...also...perhaps the guardians had something to do with it?

What...what are you even saying here? I'd answer, but you're not asking any questions and I can't figure out what your ramblings mean.

Quote:
Love = SxC has been developing since TEN, also, what's wrong with that? Ember randomly falls for Spyro in classics? Nobody complains about that! Also, at least they're teens now and not kids!

Does knowing someone for less than two weeks and saying you'll miss them when they're gone count as love, then? You'll forgive my skepticism. As for Ember, there's an implication that she and Spyro have a history (they have at least grown up together) but their romance is left in the air in AHT (and in SL, Ember ditches Spyro for Bandit). And where have you been?! Everyone complains about Ember/Spyro. And Spyro and Cynder are not confirmed in any way to be teenagers, that's literally just fan speculation.

Quote:

Design change + massive plot hole = not confirmed if they really aged or not

Quote:

Watch it again. He died (in a fire, no less) and even talked to Spyro as a spirit. He was brought back from the dead (or is still dead; it was never made clear if the Chronicler is a spirit or not) to be the new Chronicler.

Quote:

Was shoved aside so they could cram more Cynder down our throats? Yes. smilie

Quote:
Gameplay = lame how? All spyro games minus Classics and DotD have linear gameplay (as in go from point a to point b). DotD at least allowed a more free-roaming environment, makes things MUCH more interesting and less monotonous.

AHT wasn't linear, nor was EtD, or any of the handheld games I've played so far. Just LoS. And DotD is only free roaming if you've never played anything but LoS. When compared to other Spyro games even, it feels claustrophobic (and many levels are considerably smaller than the ones in ANB and TEN). As for the gameplay being lame...boy is it! It's boring, repetitive button mashing and puzzles so dull a rock could figure them out.

Quote:

Not sure why you brought this up.

Quote:

Uh, yes. Yes he did. That's why he had to get them back from that gem in DotD (in previous games, he had to train to get them back).

Quote:
Cynder's powers = A: she only used them in ANB, and it was her Fear breath, why can't she have 4 breaths? B: it makes gameplay more fun. Who wants a character with only one breath? Especially when Spyro has 4

A: Because the games said right from the start that ONLY purple dragons have more than one power. And the only power she used in ANB was fire (which didn't have in DotD).

B: If you call that fun... And having just one breath worked pretty good for Spyro back in the day. Most dragons only breathe fire.

Quote:
One last note on freeflight. At least it was air currents that controlled their flight instead of just an invisible wall. Realism people! Spyro and Cynder are small, I'm not surprised that a powerful air current can stop them from exiting boundries.

Bringing realism up for a game that involves magical talking lizards with horribly deformed bodies is not a good way to validate your point. The "air currents" was a fancy name for "invisible wall" and they were obnoxious. At least the older games tried to show what created a barrier.

Quote:
I believe I filled the plotholes

Come back when you can tell us how Cynder's jewelry got back on her, why Hunter was working for the dragons, why Malefor didn't just kill Spyro and Cynder when he knew exactly where they were for three years, why he set them free knowing they had the power to defeat him, why Sparx couldn't survive the Belt of Fire when he had no problem with Boyzitbig, why everyone just forgave Cynder when she gave them absolutely no reason whatsoever to trust her...I can keep this up all day.
#65 Posted: 03:02:41 27/08/2011
That's why I'm seeing the situation from both sides.

LoS had a number of plotholes...but most can be explained.
Same with Classics.
#66 Posted: 03:13:10 27/08/2011
Quote: Razz

Because DotD isn't worth diddly squat to a lot of people. smilie

Quote:

Er...without a story or design, you don't have a game. What, exactly, are we supposed to be finding worth in, then?

Quote:

Oh, they certainly did, but unlike LoS, the older games weren't pretending to be anything other than simple games with very basic plots. If you're going to make something that's supposed to be like a movie (which the LoS story was), you'd better be sure to fill in those holes because people will notice them.

Quote:

I call bull on that one since the oldest games did have free flight levels that not only worked better than the "free flight" in DotD, but which were actually challenging. Heck, ANB's flight levels were better than DotD's gimmick.

Quote:

Uh, he did. Malefor himself said he lured Spyro and Cynder to him at least twice.

Quote:

What...what are you even saying here? I'd answer, but you're not asking any questions and I can't figure out what your ramblings mean.

Quote:
Love = SxC has been developing since TEN, also, what's wrong with that? Ember randomly falls for Spyro in classics? Nobody complains about that! Also, at least they're teens now and not kids!

Does knowing someone for less than two weeks and saying you'll miss them when they're gone count as love, then? You'll forgive my skepticism. As for Ember, there's an implication that she and Spyro have a history (they have at least grown up together) but their romance is left in the air in AHT (and in SL, Ember ditches Spyro for Bandit). And where have you been?! Everyone complains about Ember/Spyro. And Spyro and Cynder are not confirmed in any way to be teenagers, that's literally just fan speculation.

Quote:

Design change + massive plot hole = not confirmed if they really aged or not

Quote:

Watch it again. He died (in a fire, no less) and even talked to Spyro as a spirit. He was brought back from the dead (or is still dead; it was never made clear if the Chronicler is a spirit or not) to be the new Chronicler.

Quote:

Was shoved aside so they could cram more Cynder down our throats? Yes. smilie

Quote:

AHT wasn't linear, nor was EtD, or any of the handheld games I've played so far. Just LoS. And DotD is only free roaming if you've never played anything but LoS. When compared to other Spyro games even, it feels claustrophobic (and many levels are considerably smaller than the ones in ANB and TEN). As for the gameplay being lame...boy is it! It's boring, repetitive button mashing and puzzles so dull a rock could figure them out.

Quote:

Not sure why you brought this up.

Quote:

Uh, yes. Yes he did. That's why he had to get them back from that gem in DotD (in previous games, he had to train to get them back).

Quote:

A: Because the games said right from the start that ONLY purple dragons have more than one power. And the only power she used in ANB was fire (which didn't have in DotD).

B: If you call that fun... And having just one breath worked pretty good for Spyro back in the day. Most dragons only breathe fire.

Quote:

Bringing realism up for a game that involves magical talking lizards with horribly deformed bodies is not a good way to validate your point. The "air currents" was a fancy name for "invisible wall" and they were obnoxious. At least the older games tried to show what created a barrier.

Quote:
I believe I filled the plotholes

Come back when you can tell us how Cynder's jewelry got back on her, why Hunter was working for the dragons, why Malefor didn't just kill Spyro and Cynder when he knew exactly where they were for three years, why he set them free knowing they had the power to defeat him, why Sparx couldn't survive the Belt of Fire when he had no problem with Boyzitbig, why everyone just forgave Cynder when she gave them absolutely no reason whatsoever to trust her...I can keep this up all day.

Biased I see. -.-
Thiss will be interessting.

This is my explanations:
I'm assuming she put it back on in an unseen cutscene. Perhaps Hunter has a past with the guardians. Its called arrogance, most cold-hearted bastards are like that, they think they'll win. The belt of fire is pure fire. Boyzitbig wasn't pure fire, it was heated air that he would touch. Sympathy, and the fact that she truly is sorry, also, the guardians...espeially Ignitus and the Chronicler seem to be able to tell. That pool of magical water or whatever might have told them she's innocent, or the Chronicler could have. Also, believe it or not, usually when someone is truly sorry, its obvious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:15:58 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#67 Posted: 03:29:24 27/08/2011
I can admit my bias, spyrocynderfan7. Can you? Because your initial post was incredibly biased (which prompted my replies). Incidentally, I was only comparing LoS/DotD to other Spyro games because, if you compared it to anything outside of Spyro, it would look even worse than it already does. smilie

Those are fine answers for fanfics, but they don't hold up beyond that and read as pretty lazy writing for the finale of an epic story. The short and long of it is that none of those things were ever explained officially, leaving some gaping holes in the narrative that only an apologist for DotD would care enough to fill. Had the games not been trying to be a decent story, I wouldn't fault them for the holes. But since they were trying so hard to make us think we were playing something epic, the holes are pretty inexcusable.

Incidentally, nice job completely ignoring everything but the last paragraph (which you only answered with fan logic). smilie It's cool if you like DotD and have your own ideas to solve its problems, but when you present those things as fact, you shouldn't expect all of us to just agree with you.

Also, isn't this topic supposed to be about what DotD would have been like had Krome made it? The last four posts are just retreading very old ground. If you want to extol the virtues of DotD, make a(nother) topic for that and leave the people who want to speculate on what could have been to their own devices.
#68 Posted: 03:33:07 27/08/2011
Biased? Perhaps. But the explanation seems pretty reasonable if you ask me.
I could be one of those people who ***** about how LoS is better than anything else.

Would've taken too long to reply. TBH

I know, I'm a fanfic author.

I don't see why everyone centers on . Its like the SSA haters.
Who gives a **** about design, plotholes, and other **** like that. As long as its a game I can play I don't care.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:19:10 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#69 Posted: 03:35:55 27/08/2011
Also, much of what you say could be classified as fan speculation as well.
#70 Posted: 03:59:32 27/08/2011
The edit button: it is your friend. Double posts: they are not your friends.

Just saying you're not biased doesn't make it true, I'm afraid. Your first post reads like a DotD apologist's words all the way through, right down to bashing the classics just to make DotD look better. But you'd obviously make excuses rather than read anything, which is fine by me. Like I said, it's cool if you like DotD for whatever reason, just don't expect all of us to be on your side.

Yep, I did like LoS and still do to some degree, but I didn't and don't like DotD. It outright contradicts a goodly amount of things established earlier in the series, was a botched and rushed product, and ripped the fandom a new one, among many other things. I never played LoS for any reason other than it's cheesy, cliched story, and when DotD couldn't even get that right, I wasn't willing to cut it any slack (especially since I paid for something that was touted as being worth the price when it wasn't). Also, just because someone used to like something doesn't mean they will always like it.
#71 Posted: 04:27:19 27/08/2011
Its a reasonable explanation, and its true.

Let the **** hit the fan. If your not a Classic Nazi or a LoS fantard, you shouldn't have a problem with this.
Arguing about only shows your bias.

I'm neither a Classic Nazi or an LoS fantard. I like both LoS and Classic Spyro. And I was so stuck as to deciding my absolute favorite Spyro game, that I didn't put any of them in the 20 Greatest Games I've Ever Played list, and I won't until I finally sort it out (which I doubt will ever happen).

So I think it's safe to say that I can't possibly be biased to either side, and therefore I have every right to argue about this. And I hate to break it to you, but it's neither a reasonable explanation, nor is it true.

I'm going to respond to the pieces where my opinion isn't a complete copy of what Razz already said (though I might end up like that at some point). Let's begin.

Because even speaking as someone that likes the game, there's much more to complain about than praise.

Plotholes can easily change the balance of the game and make the entire thing pointless. Story means a lot to some people. And when a story has this many plotholes, it can kill all enjoyment for them.

People bring their fury down on DotD because it's plotholes are much more obvious.

DotD had linear gameplay, bro. You had SOME free roaming stages, but that's it. When I think of a non-linear, non-Classic Spyro game, I think AHT.

Yet nobody notices SxE?

SxE never existed, because Spyro didn't at all feel for Ember, whereas SxC says different.

What I see, IMHO, is a butthurt LoS fanboy *****ing because people find fault in a game he likes and is trying (and failing) to explain the plotholes that DotD has.

Acti didn't please those original fans, now did they?

It's not a mirror when Spyro doesn't love Ember.

Biased? I think not. Pretty reasonable if you ask me.

I don't see why everyone centers on plotholes. Its like the SSA haters.
Who gives a **** about design, plotholes, and other **** like that. As long as its a game I can play I don't care.

Besides, I thought you were once an LoS fan?

No, you're biased. You sat there and wrote a large post as to why critics of DotD should shut up. The responses aren't very reasonable if Razz (and to a smaller extent, I) can poke holes into them, much like how the writers poked holes into the story of DotD.

Because once again, some people might be more story driven than others. A bad story can screw up the entire game, much like how a bad story with plotholes can ruin an entire film for a lot of people (including me). But I don't see you complaining that "AS LONG AS IT'S A MOVIE I DON'T CARE".

With that logic, I guess that means I can give you a copy of Big Rigs and expect you to like it because you can play it (even dispite the ridiculous amount of glitches).

Opinions change, bro. I was once a Sonic fanboy. I'm not anymore. You can't use the argument of "well weren't you a fan of ____" because opinions are bound to change, especially when someone is open about their dislike for a certain game in the series, which is what Razz did, and what we are doing now. We aren't discussing LoS as a whole. We're disscussing DotD.
#72 Posted: 04:34:20 27/08/2011
Quote:
What I see, IMHO, is a butthurt LoS fanboy *****ing because people find fault in a game he likes and is trying (and failing) to explain the plotholes that DotD has.

THIS! That pretty much sums it all up nicely, CAV, and I daresay we can be done with this.
#73 Posted: 04:36:37 27/08/2011
I honestly felt a bit guilty in saying that, since SCF is a friend of mine.
#74 Posted: 04:42:18 27/08/2011
A true friend tells the truth. *pat pat*
#75 Posted: 04:47:15 27/08/2011
That's what I was thinking.

That's the part of my policy that I like the most.
#76 Posted: 04:54:59 27/08/2011
I'm not an LoS fanboy, I'm neutral on the subject

I'm stating my opinion on the matter. So if we can't talk this out without namecalling, then GTFO
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:53 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#77 Posted: 04:59:05 27/08/2011
I'm not an LoS fanboy, I'm neutral on the subject

You're an LoS fanboy. You've shown obvious preference for the LoS games, and you often try to point out faults with the original games, while using those faults as an excuse to try and pardon LoS (particularly DotD). Perfect example is this topic, where you try to excuse DotD's plotholes by pointing out that the classic games had plotholes too.

I'M neutral on the subject, because I didn't try to talk about how one game series is better than the other, or try to excuse either of them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:53 27/08/2011 by CAV
#78 Posted: 05:03:48 27/08/2011
I'm not trying to back anything. Like I said, I'm neutral this time, got a problem? Work it out.

I've never tried to prove LoS is better than anything and everything else. So what the hell is your problem? I'm trying to substitute what I believe the plotholes can be fixed. Look back at the post, noweher have I showed a preference. I pointed out that there is unnecessary hate. Your the one who's namecalling.

The most I said (minus explaining the plotholes in my way) was that Acti made LoS to try to play to the fanbase from the orignal fans of the series.

I don't see what the whole damn deal is about.

Explain how I'm an LoS fanboy. Just because I like LoS doesn't make me a damn fanboy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:11:40 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#79 Posted: 05:14:48 27/08/2011
Well, leaping in to a topic that wasn't saying anything negative about DotD in order to defend it doesn't help your case, nor does completely turning the topic into your rant about how great it is regardless of the original subject.. Just sayin'.
#80 Posted: 05:23:15 27/08/2011
I read page one, that what my link was to, figured that was the start.
If I reignited something? I apologize.

DotD does have plotholes (for one thing, why go the long way when flying over the the fallen building)
But as does every other video game once you think about it.

On your earlier post, what are some of the ways DotD contradicts things?
It seems to follow LoS pretty well (minus how Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx went from the Well of Souls to the shrine...another plot hole)
#81 Posted: 05:38:44 27/08/2011
I'm not trying to back anything. Like I said, I'm neutral this time, got a problem? Work it out.

Explain how I'm an LoS fanboy. Just because I like LoS doesn't make me a damn fanboy.

Looks to me like you're the one that has a problem.

I already explained how you're a fanboy.

Plus, you're also a bit of a Cyndork, seeing how you've mentioned your desire to get into her (outside of the Day of Infamy) and have made it more than obvious, plus you were highly disappointed when Cynder was first found out to not be in Skylanders.

)

I can think of a few games that don't have plotholes.
#82 Posted: 05:48:40 27/08/2011
The map in DotD by itself really messes things up. For a start, how did the catacombs come to be when Spyro and Cynder were buried under an entire mountain? Why is the Temple at the center of the world when it was formerly near the edge? How is it that Warfang, a huge center for trade and culture, was never mentioned or even seen when it was so close to the Temple (according to the map)? Where did the swamp, Forbidden Forest, and White Isles go?

Outside of geography, we've got things like Cynder's jewelry. She had it on while she was frozen...even though she wasn't wearing it when Spyro froze her. How did she get it back on while being frozen in time (among other things)? Why would she wear the symbols of her enslavement? If it was meant to be empowering, why did she act so hurt at every mention of her past or of Malefor? If it was because she was still a slave, why didn't she acknowledge it?

Then there's Malefor himself. Where did his body come from? Both TEN and ANB implied in no uncertain way that he was dead and had no body, so why does he just suddenly have one in DotD? If he's so powerful, why didn't he unleash the Destroyer two or three years earlier? Why free Spyro and Cynder at all when he could just leave them harmless and frozen? Why lure them to his lair full knowing that they have the power to destroy him? Why tell the people of Warfang that he was going to attack them, giving them time to prepare for battle?

And there's Sparx. He's overcome his own cowardice for Spyro's sake dozens of times in ANB and TEN and never was all that keen on listening to his brother, but when Spyro tells him to stay behind he does without a peep. He's also done nothing bit snipe and snark at Cynder through all three games, but he trusts his brother to her without objection later.

Oh, and this is a personal favorite, Ignitus dies in a fire. That's right. The elemental Guardian of fire dies in a fire. I don't care how you want to claim that makes sense, if you stop to think about it, it's just silly.

I haven't even touched the surface, either. DotD essentially took all of the established info we had up to that point and threw it out the window. I'm okay with plot holes if someone on the writing team at least looks like they're trying, but DotD is essentially a giant plot singularity, the holes are that big. From what I've read, it sounded like the dev team at Krome did a lot to improve the scripts for ANB and TEN when they got them, adding things like Kane the Atlawa and apparently a lot of other elements. EL, being a non-English speaking dev studio, just went with what they were given (mostly because they had less than a year to build the game from scratch), and it shows in almost every way.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I can come up with a better plot for DotD (and ending for the trilogy) in a few minutes. It's not hard and it was more than just a little disappointing to see what could have been a good story completely destroyed by laziness like that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:56:01 27/08/2011 by Razz
#83 Posted: 06:20:01 27/08/2011
Quote: CAV

Looks to me like you're the one that has a problem.

I already explained how you're a fanboy.

Plus, you're also a bit of a Cyndork, seeing how you've mentioned your desire to get into her (outside of the Day of Infamy) and have made it more than obvious, plus you were highly disappointed when Cynder was first found out to not be in Skylanders.

)

I can think of a few games that don't have plotholes.

You obviously don't realize that my personality adjusts to who I'm around. My scaly true, but not necessarily in the sexual sense. A scaly by definition is also "someone who is obsessed with dragons" which I am. In terms of the sexual sense, I have no ****in clue anymore.

Notice I only go creeper on Cynder or Spyro whenever I'm around Skorpion216. He is a reknowned Cynder-fetish sort of person. My personality adjusts to others around me. Others are perverts? As am I "day of infamy/awkward silence". Around serious individuals (this) I'm more serious. Around creative beings, as am I (fanfiction).

So in all reality, I'm not 100% Cyndork, I take on whichever personality I'm near, don't ask why, I just do. The scaly topic I posted? Was created after a rather...interesting...conversation with Observer.

Oh really? Name 'em.

Quote: Razz
The map in DotD by itself really messes things up. For a start, how did the catacombs come to be when Spyro and Cynder were buried under an entire mountain? Why is the Temple at the center of the world when it was formerly near the edge? How is it that Warfang, a huge center for trade and culture, was never mentioned or even seen when it was so close to the Temple (according to the map)? Where did the swamp, Forbidden Forest, and White Isles go?

Outside of geography, we've got things like Cynder's jewelry. She had it on while she was frozen...even though she wasn't wearing it when Spyro froze her. How did she get it back on while being frozen in time (among other things)? Why would she wear the symbols of her enslavement? If it was meant to be empowering, why did she act so hurt at every mention of her past or of Malefor? If it was because she was still a slave, why didn't she acknowledge it?

Then there's Malefor himself. Where did his body come from? Both TEN and ANB implied in no uncertain way that he was dead and had no body, so why does he just suddenly have one in DotD? If he's so powerful, why didn't he unleash the Destroyer two or three years earlier? Why free Spyro and Cynder at all when he could just leave them harmless and frozen? Why lure them to his lair full knowing that they have the power to destroy him? Why tell the people of Warfang that he was going to attack them, giving them time to prepare for battle?

And there's Sparx. He's overcome his own cowardice for Spyro's sake dozens of times in ANB and TEN and never was all that keen on listening to his brother, but when Spyro tells him to stay behind he does without a peep. He's also done nothing bit snipe and snark at Cynder through all three games, but he trusts his brother to her without objection later.

Oh, and this is a personal favorite, Ignitus dies in a fire. That's right. The elemental Guardian of fire dies in a fire. I don't care how you want to claim that makes sense, if you stop to think about it, it's just silly.

I haven't even touched the surface, either. DotD essentially took all of the established info we had up to that point and threw it out the window. I'm okay with plot holes if someone on the writing team at least looks like they're trying, but DotD is essentially a giant plot singularity, the holes are that big. From what I've read, it sounded like the dev team at Krome did a lot to improve the scripts for ANB and TEN when they got them, adding things like Kane the Atlawa and apparently a lot of other elements. EL, being a non-English speaking dev studio, just went with what they were given (mostly because they had less than a year to build the game from scratch), and it shows in almost every way.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I can come up with a better plot for DotD (and ending for the trilogy) in a few minutes. It's not hard and it was more than just a little disappointing to see what could have been a good story completely destroyed by laziness like that.

There's too much to reply too. But that one bolded sentence I'm adding...so can I.

Read my Apocalypse fanfiction once its finished, or my Requiem, or my "The Shade King" once its finished...all better endings.

Hell, read my Malefor fanfic, (link in siggy). It has a better storyline.

I will breakdown my likes and don't likes on Dawn of the Dragon, and I swear if CAV calls me a fanboy one more time I will be ****ing pissed.

-Free Roam
-Collectables (armour, spirit gems, etc.)
-Dragon City (I like battles)
-Soundtrack
-Design
-i do admit, I like Cynder's greater presence.
-The Valley of Avalar (one of my favorite levels)
-Burned lands (my fave.)
-Interactive cutscenes.
-Flight
-VAs (for the greater part)
-Simplicity
-Lack of dragging battles that take forever
-Chapter system

Dislikes

-Color brightness (blinding)
-Sparx's voice (I like wayne brady, but David Spade was a better choice)
-i would have preferred Mae Whitman stayed as Cynder's VA (not that there's anything wrong with Christina Ricci but...)
-Limited flight (although I know why its necesarry)
-Too short.
-Cliffhanger ending

I will think of more, eventually.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:21:37 27/08/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#84 Posted: 06:32:50 27/08/2011
Now that was a much less biased break down about DotD than your first. smilie

I guess I can throw this in since I'm here.

* the Twilight Falls theme
* a lot of the non-vocal sound effects
* Sparx's voice changing joke smilie
* Hunter's design
* the Hermit
* Catacombs, Twilight Falls, and Ruins of Warfang levels

Dislikes:
* the story
* the voice acting
* the headaches (Valley of Avalar really hurt)
* most of the music
* the glitches
* most of the character designs
* all of the fighting
* everything past the Destroyer level
* the tone and mood
* the script
* Cynder upstaging Spyro constantly
* plot holes big enough to swallow the sun D:
* ...I'd better stop now or I'm just going to keep at this. smilie

I wanted to like DotD, I really did, but it was a tremendous let down for me in every way possible. It made me really sad to see a game I had so few expectations of come out so far below the ankle-high bar I'd set that it came out somewhere in China. :/
#85 Posted: 07:06:55 27/08/2011
Glitches? What glitches?

I HATED Twilight Falls. My least favorite level ever. It kicked my ass, and that music for whatever reason reminded me of some kind of fairy tale level or theme...or that fairy level in YotD...*shudders*

In terms of favorite levels:

Burned Lands
Valley of Avalar
Dragon City
Malefor's Lair
Destroyer
Catacombs
Dam
Attack of the Golem
Floating Isles
Twilight Falls
#86 Posted: 07:14:24 27/08/2011
I had tons of glitches with the game's AI, a few characters stepping through scenery, and that one memorable Sparx face melting glitch.

My most hated level was Burned Lands. The palette was gross, the music depressing, and the whole level got old almost immediately (everything looked the same). Next to that, the Destroyer and Warfang are a tie, followed by the Dam, then Valley of Avalar (which I wanted to like, but a wicked headache makes a person hate everything; also, it didn't include Elora and that made me sad smilie).

What fairy level in YotD? I remember the Sparx levels (which were horrible), but I never noticed any similarity between that peppy music and the subdued and soft Twilight Falls score.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#87 Posted: 07:53:02 27/08/2011
On terms of Malefor being a bad villain I was convinced he was one after the scene where they confront him.

At first I thought he had some other goal like secretly preserved half of the dragon race and slaughtered the rest while becoming ruler, those who remains *eg egg temple dragons* were nothing but dead weight.

Then I thought he was just putting challenges for spyro to use his body.

Then I found out what a awful villain he was and decided to play FF6 instead
#88 Posted: 07:55:53 27/08/2011
I lost all hope for Malefor as a credible villain when I realized that really was supposed to be his voice. I still hope whoever thought that was a good idea got smacked hard. Doing that to Mark Hamil's voice is a crime (especially when you hear him speak Malefor's lines without being garbled into nonsense).
#89 Posted: 20:46:19 27/08/2011
You obviously don't realize that my personality adjusts to who I'm around. My scaly true, but not necessarily in the sexual sense. A scaly by definition is also "someone who is obsessed with dragons" which I am. In terms of the sexual sense, I have no ****in clue anymore.

Notice I only go creeper on Cynder or Spyro whenever I'm around Skorpion216. He is a reknowned Cynder-fetish sort of person. My personality adjusts to others around me. Others are perverts? As am I "day of infamy/awkward silence". Around serious individuals (this) I'm more serious. Around creative beings, as am I (fanfiction).

So in all reality, I'm not 100% Cyndork, I take on whichever personality I'm near, don't ask why, I just do. The scaly topic I posted? Was created after a rather...interesting...conversation with Observer.

Oh really? Name 'em.

I'm more than aware of what a scaly is. But you have also mentioned in the past sexual ideas.

And you aren't a Cynder-fetish person?
You personality alters around people? That means you're an indecisive prick that wants to be like everyone else and will copy someone elses' personality rather than create your own. Besides, you never acted like a sarcastic douche when around me.

I've had several "interesting" discussions with several people, ranging from Brawler, to Ganon. To Shibaru, to Blink. Doesn't change a damn thing, bro. You're a Cyndork in denial.

Want me to list a few? Ok:

Portal (1 & 2)
Bioshock
Goldeneye 007 Wii
Assassin's Creed (entire series)
Modern Warfare 2 (rather weak story, but I can't find any plotholes)

If you can find plotholes in these games, I'll give you some credit. But at the same time, in the cases of Portal and Bioshock, the plotholes (if they have any) have so little impact to the point where it was overlooked in favor of the brilliant stories that they had.

Quote:
Glitches? What glitches?

Several visual glitches
Enemies getting stuck in walls
Spyro/Cynder getting stuck in the floor, forcing me to exit the game
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:44 27/08/2011 by CAV
#90 Posted: 20:49:30 27/08/2011

Oh really? Name 'em.

I will think of more, eventually.

Wait a sec. I just realized that you called me a Cynder-fetish person, you sonofa*****!
#91 Posted: 20:49:36 27/08/2011
NOSTALGIA.

Portal does have a giant plothole...
...it ends.
---
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#92 Posted: 20:52:51 27/08/2011
Quote: Skorpion216
Wait a sec. I just realized that you called me a Cynder-fetish person, you sonofa*****!

You both have a fetish for her.
#93 Posted: 20:53:51 27/08/2011
Quote: semp123

How do you know?!?
#94 Posted: 21:01:08 27/08/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
NOSTALGIA.

...it ends.

Then it continues in Portal 2. smilie

How do you know?!?

Look back on your posts.
#95 Posted: 21:02:28 27/08/2011
NOSTALGIA.

...it ends.

How do you know?!?

Look back on your posts.

Be specific.
#96 Posted: 21:23:04 27/08/2011
Forgot the exact topic.
#97 Posted: 21:24:16 27/08/2011
Well you're about as much help as a solar-powered flashlight.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#98 Posted: 21:28:47 27/08/2011
Forgot the exact topic.

"Awkward Silence/Lockdown!"?
#99 Posted: 21:34:32 27/08/2011
Forgot the exact topic.

"Awkward Silence/Lockdown!"?

*crosses arms*

.......................I stand corrected.
#100 Posted: 21:36:44 27/08/2011
NOSTALGIA.

...it ends.

How do you know?!?

Look back on your posts.

But THAT ends! D:
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me