Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
If Sierra made Dawn of the Dragon... [CLOSED]
A7XSparx Green Sparx Gems: 344
#1 Posted: 19:44:44 17/08/2011 | Topic Creator
What do you think would have been different about Dawn of the Dragon if Sierra would have made it instead of Activision? 8D
---
Sparx: Eeeeeeewwww, what's that...THING on your head?!
Persephone: It's a button. If you press it you get free coffee! smilie
Sparx: YAAAAY! smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 19:51:35 17/08/2011
Sierra and Activision both published DotD....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 20:27:31 17/08/2011
I thought Sierra published it and Activision licensed it, just like I thought Sony published the Spyro games on the PlayStation while Universal licensed them.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#4 Posted: 20:35:33 17/08/2011
I think he's confusing Sierra with Krome.
#5 Posted: 20:42:22 17/08/2011
Quote: Skorpion216
I think he's confusing Sierra with Krome.

Nope, Krome was the developer, Sierra is the publisher.
---
#6 Posted: 20:57:00 17/08/2011
Not you, idiot, the guy that asked the question.
#7 Posted: 21:08:09 17/08/2011
Whoa whoa, skorpion, why call Super an idiot?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#8 Posted: 21:11:43 17/08/2011
It's common for me to call people who make minor misunderstandings idiots, it's not personal, and for the most part I wasn't being serious.
A7XSparx Green Sparx Gems: 344
#9 Posted: 21:15:29 17/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh, I didn't know they both worked on it together. smilie
I meant Khrome, like the first two. smilie Sorry. smilie;
---
Sparx: Eeeeeeewwww, what's that...THING on your head?!
Persephone: It's a button. If you press it you get free coffee! smilie
Sparx: YAAAAY! smilie
#10 Posted: 21:16:24 17/08/2011
It's common for me to call people who make minor misunderstandings idiots, it's not personal, and for the most part I wasn't being serious.

You've just lost my respect for you. And for the most part you wasn't being serious, yeah right, it's not very wise to name people idiots who you don't know of.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:28 17/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#11 Posted: 03:48:49 18/08/2011
He meant if Serria Developed it like they used to do, Space and King quest were fantastic and witty however you could never tell if it be better or worse
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#12 Posted: 04:21:55 18/08/2011
If Krome made DotD, and the rumors are correct, it most likely would've been very similar to the Legend of the Guardians game that Krome made last year, just before shutting down.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I thought Sierra published it and Activision licensed it, just like I thought Sony published the Spyro games on the PlayStation while Universal licensed them.

Sierra was absorbed by Activision before the game was completed.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#13 Posted: 04:40:16 18/08/2011
Not you, idiot, the guy that asked the question.

Save that for the Stuff and Nonsense forum, dear boy.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#14 Posted: 06:57:13 18/08/2011
If krome had made it, it would be a carbon copy of the first two. Every single level having the EXACT same layout... Go through, kill some bad guys, and fight the super bad guy at the end... Basically, it would suck. *shot.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#15 Posted: 06:58:37 18/08/2011
At least there would've been any plotholes, like Spyro and Cynder mysteriously growing up into teenagers or Cynder's jewelry coming on with no explanation how.
---
#16 Posted: 07:01:02 18/08/2011
Yes, but it's a video game. Would you rather have a game with a half descent plot but a glitchy and boring gameplay, or a game with half descent gameplay and some plot holes?
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#17 Posted: 07:36:40 18/08/2011
DotD was full of glitches and lame gameplay. Nobody was playing LoS for the gameplay, just the story (for what it was). If Krome had made it, at least we'd have some consistency and the Krome team had a lot of input into the story that improved it a great deal. And those DotD plotholes weren't small; you could drive a truck through some of that garbage (Ignitus dies in a fire, Cynder is in love with Spyro for no reason, Hunter has no actual reason to side with the dragons nor do the other cheetahs, Sparx's parents just vanish, Spyro's powers return at random and Cynder mysteriously gains powers she was never capable of before, Malefor has no reason to bring them to his lair...and on and on and on...).

I would much rather have had boring Krome gameplay that at least felt consistent over boring EL gameplay that was glitchy and an outright lie (free flight my butt *snort*).
#18 Posted: 08:24:01 18/08/2011
Quote: Razz
DotD was full of glitches and lame gameplay. Nobody was playing LoS for the gameplay, just the story (for what it was). If Krome had made it, at least we'd have some consistency and the Krome team had a lot of input into the story that improved it a great deal. And those DotD plotholes weren't small; you could drive a truck through some of that garbage (Ignitus dies in a fire, Cynder is in love with Spyro for no reason, Hunter has no actual reason to side with the dragons nor do the other cheetahs, Sparx's parents just vanish, Spyro's powers return at random and Cynder mysteriously gains powers she was never capable of before, Malefor has no reason to bring them to his lair...and on and on and on...).

I would much rather have had boring Krome gameplay that at least felt consistent over boring EL gameplay that was glitchy and an outright lie (free flight my butt *snort*).

I agree.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#19 Posted: 10:59:19 18/08/2011
I think you should speak for yourself. I played LoS for the gameplay, not the story, and I know for certain I'm not the only one (I have a couple of friends who played it for the gameplay).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#20 Posted: 11:45:57 18/08/2011
But...why? It was a lousy puzzle game, a glitchy and dull platformer at best, and if you like that kind of gameplay, you may as well play God of War and get the real deal because the combat is Kratos Lite (I beat the elite enemies with no trouble and I'm a terrible gamer). I don't really need much to be entertained with a game, but even I was zoning out for most of it after the first level. And don't get me started on the "free flight". If you want to see what that's really like, I'm not even kidding, play the flight levels in the Insomniac Spyro games. No constant invisible walls and Gnasty's Loot by itself was better at platforming than all of DotD.
#21 Posted: 20:45:24 18/08/2011

I was. The story was easy to figure out and predict, even as the small kid that I was. I played for the gameplay, which was decent as long as you don't play for hours and hours (which is when it gets tedious).

And Cynder could be in love with Spyro for having been saved by him (twice), and for the great lengths he went to try and prevent her from running away. It's a flimsy reason, yes, but it's better than nothing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:04 18/08/2011 by CAV
#22 Posted: 20:53:01 18/08/2011
One of the main reasons I dislike LoS is because Spyro was NOT meant to be an action game, it was meant to be a platformer. It's a bit silly to reboot a series by changing it's genre expecting fans to automatically like this new change and all of a sudden be used to action games from platform games which was what they were interested in; in the first place. I think that fans like LoS, haven't played the original series and got to appreciate certain aspects of platform games, or they like LoS because they have a liking for action games, and don't mind that Spyro was supposed to be a platformer in the first place. That's my way of looking at it.

Now for an example, Tomb Raider is an action/adventure game, and is still the same, even though it has had a reboot, becuse that is what it is supposed to be like. There's another reboot, but this time they give you the opportunity to free roam, it's still an action/adventure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:19 18/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#23 Posted: 03:29:27 19/08/2011
Cynder falling in love with Spyro would of been in DOTD regardless who made it, that or the writers are trolls and that would be the most hilarious thing ever to happen
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#24 Posted: 10:48:49 19/08/2011
TLoS game play was horrible. The problem with the games is that it's a series that's linear and based more on button mashing and killing countless enemies in a row, yet it doesn't have a good combat system to support it. Honestly, there is only one button that you need to press most of the time to do most of the combat. The other times you just press the x button to jump. The combos are simple. You knock an enemy into the air, do a few little moves, then just repeat with a few other combos which you do on the ground. It just gets boring after a while, making it repetitive.

Honestly, if TLoS wants to be a good Hack and Slash game, the rating needs to be pushed a little higher and it needs some more interesting moves that makes you think 'wow' every time you do it, even if you've done that combo over 100 times. Spyro should do some more twist and turns, instead of just ramming into the enemy with his horns (head, actually, since his horns are bent so far back. Seriously, what's the point in having horns if you can't even use them because they bend so far back?). The element side of it needs a bit of improvement too, since only a few of the secondary elements are actually useful. Other games of the same type have done that, and that's because they have a good combat system

Also, if Krome would have made the game, I feel the game would have been much better. It wouldn't have had all those plotholes, Cynder wouldn't have been a sassy b**** (she wouldn't have been dark blue/dark purple ether), Malefor would have been a better villain and both, Volteer and Cyril would have had more lines in the game. Also, the flight would have been much better.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#25 Posted: 11:09:24 19/08/2011
It wouldn't have made much difference to me if Krome, or Estranges made the game, I would still think the same, I doubt if Krome would have changed it that much, probably would have made it even more difficult than TEN. I also know that this is supposed to be an Action/Adventure, it just feels like the majority of the time, it is based on Action.

I prefer the fighting in the Platform style, it's just really simple and not as annoying, one hit and they are dead, plus I'd say in the older Spyro games that you are definitly adventuring more than in LoS.
---
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#26 Posted: 11:14:28 19/08/2011
Am I the only one glad Krome didn't make it?

I much prefer DotD over ANB and TEN.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#27 Posted: 19:05:44 19/08/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Malefor would have been a better villain and both

Am I the only one that thinks Malefor would've been a terrible villian regardless of who developed DotD?
#28 Posted: 20:02:38 19/08/2011
But...why? It was a lousy puzzle game, a glitchy and dull platformer at best, and if you like that kind of gameplay, you may as well play God of War and get the real deal because the combat is Kratos Lite (I beat the elite enemies with no trouble and I'm a terrible gamer). I don't really need much to be entertained with a game, but even I was zoning out for most of it after the first level. And don't get me started on the "free flight". If you want to see what that's really like, I'm not even kidding, play the flight levels in the Insomniac Spyro games. No constant invisible walls and Gnasty's Loot by itself was better at platforming than all of DotD.

It wasn't that glitchy for me. Though that could be because I have the Xbox 360 version. I don't encounter many glitches when I play seriously in this, only when I mess around, and even then, the glitches are the funny, harmless kind.

I liked the puzzles.

I thought it was better than GoW (except for ANsmilie.

There are invisible walls in the speedways in the Insomniac games. That's meant to be more of a race system, as opposed to an explorative system. I personally didn't have too much trouble with the flight. Could of been better, but it did it's job for me.
---
#29 Posted: 20:33:14 19/08/2011
I played LoS before playing GoW. I found LoS' combat system to be decent enough to keep me entertained for about an hour or two. Any more than that and it gets dull. By the time I played GoW, LoS was already finished, and GoW just blew me away.
#30 Posted: 21:14:24 19/08/2011
The GoW game I played the most was GoW 3, which is supposed to be the peak of the series. But it wasn't all that great. Good, but I prefer LoS. But I prefer Sonic Unleashed Next Gen's Werehog stages to both.
---
#31 Posted: 21:25:41 19/08/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

It wasn't that glitchy for me. Though that could be because I have the Xbox 360 version. I don't encounter many glitches when I play seriously in this, only when I mess around, and even then, the glitches are the funny, harmless kind.

I liked the puzzles.

I thought it was better than GoW (except for ANsmilie.

There are invisible walls in the speedways in the Insomniac games. That's meant to be more of a race system, as opposed to an explorative system. I personally didn't have too much trouble with the flight. Could of been better, but it did it's job for me.

Yes, apart from the invisible walls in the original Spyro games that let you fly very far, unlike DOTD. You have got to admit that, otherwise it just sounds like you're over rating DOTD's flying system, by being able to fly 5cm off the ground, hey 10cm if you're lucky! Then randomly hit into air currents that are closer than you think they are, where as in the original Spyro games you have a wider range of area.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:01 19/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#32 Posted: 21:35:25 19/08/2011
How am I "overrating it"? I said it could be better.

And I'm pretty sure you can go more than 10cm above the ground.....
---
#33 Posted: 21:59:44 19/08/2011
How am I "overrating it"? I said it could be better.

And I'm pretty sure you can go more than 10cm above the ground.....

Just sounds like to me that you are over rating it by saying "Insomniac games has invisible walls" and then nothing else, it does have walls, but they're not exactly in your face like they are in DOTD.

You can't get very high off the ground, apart from if it's in a level where you supposed to fly very high like for example 'The Destroyer'

I also thought you were saying the 'could have been better' to the Insomniac Spyro games as you typed that straight afterwards by not mentioning about DOTD's flight system at all, you need to word your comments more clearly.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:02:59 19/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#34 Posted: 22:12:07 19/08/2011
I find them kinda in your face in the Insomniac games. Also, to complete the speedways, you kinda have to take an "on rails" approach, in which case, we may as well have invisible walls.

I thought you could get high enough.
---
#35 Posted: 22:36:38 19/08/2011
The GoW game I played the most was GoW 3, which is supposed to be the peak of the series. But it wasn't all that great. Good, but I prefer LoS. But I prefer Sonic Unleashed Next Gen's Werehog stages to both.

If you ask me, GoW is much better than both LoS and Sonic Unleashed (including the Xbox version).
#36 Posted: 23:04:10 19/08/2011
In regards to earlier points I forgot to speak of:

I didn't find Malefor too bad. I couldn't be disappointed, as I didn't know what to expect.

As for Cynder falling in love with Spyro, it didn't seem out of the question to me, considering how their civilaization is different, and much simpler than ours. And in any case, I've no right to judge in regards to things like love.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#37 Posted: 01:11:13 20/08/2011

^I agree with this! all the plot holes bothered me soo much. I would've loved to see Krome's take on the game. it apparently was going to have a much darker story which would of been a better way to extend off of TEN to me.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#38 Posted: 01:42:06 20/08/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

^ This.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#39 Posted: 07:11:34 21/08/2011
There was no hints of SpyroxCynder in ANB and TEN, yet then they suddenly shove it in in DotD. It also felt like it was forced.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#40 Posted: 20:33:50 21/08/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
There was no hints of SpyroxCynder in ANB and TEN, yet then they suddenly shove it in in DotD. It also felt like it was forced.

To me, TEN had a few hints here and there.

Enough hints that everyone (including me) were already able to predict what was going to happen.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:34:16 21/08/2011 by CAV
#41 Posted: 20:34:52 21/08/2011
Cynder turning young in ANB was a big fat hint itself.
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#42 Posted: 05:18:45 22/08/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

i disagree.
i found ANB my favorite of the TLoS games, and DotD my least.
---
but i love it all smooth
#43 Posted: 06:08:34 22/08/2011
Cynder turning young was freaking crystal clear the minute the prologue showed the egg being stolen....Infact the whole damn SXC thing happened after that.
#44 Posted: 10:30:41 22/08/2011
Oh my God, people are talking about Cynder again smilie
---
#45 Posted: 16:46:54 22/08/2011

Because we're talking about DotD.
#46 Posted: 23:30:52 22/08/2011
Which leads to LOS, which leads to SuperSpyroFan having to be captain obvious
#47 Posted: 06:18:35 23/08/2011
Quote: CAV

Because we're talking about DotD.

That's all everyone talks about from DOTD though. From the topic message should we even be talking about Cynder all over again, stating the exact same things all over again, I find it so funny how she is the character that seems to keep popping up all the time.

Since when does talking about companies publishing games all of a sudden involve talking about Cynder? Once again. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:19:23 23/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#48 Posted: 07:40:06 23/08/2011
It be like if someone mentioned warcraft and said Thrall or Lich king, it's because they are the ****ing main characters....I'm kinda sick of haters going around being snarky and **** on perfectly neutral and sane fans
#49 Posted: 08:09:44 23/08/2011
Quote: Jackson117
It be like if someone mentioned warcraft and said Thrall or Lich king, it's because they are the ****ing main characters....I'm kinda sick of haters going around being snarky and **** on perfectly neutral and sane fans

You look on these forums then, all I ever see get mentioned most of the time is Cynder. Spyro is probably talked about for two seconds, then it's back to the attention of Cynder again.
---
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#50 Posted: 14:19:36 23/08/2011
I wouldn't call SxC in DotD forced as much as rushed. There obviously wasn't enough screentime between the two in ANB and TEN, so it all had to happen in DotD.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me