darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > what would cynder be if she had not been corupted?
Page 1 of 1
what would cynder be if she had not been corupted? [CLOSED]
light cynder Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1 Posted: 05:58:35 11/08/2011 | Topic Creator
hi everyone.
what do you think Cynder's element would have been, had she not been corupted by malafor? was she suposed to be a fire dragon like Ignitus or something else?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#2 Posted: 06:21:43 11/08/2011
Wind dragon.

Her egg was dark gray, like storm clouds. She flies faster than any of the other dragons. And she has wind powers in DotD (you could also consider the fear and shadow powers a corrupted extension of those). It's pretty assumed that she was a wind dragon based on all of that.
#3 Posted: 06:45:41 11/08/2011 | Topic Creator
i thought that that but i wasn't quite sure because when she was under malafore's influence, she could breath fire and the name cynder sounds like cinder wich (i could be wrong about this) is a type of rock or has something to do with fire. but i did think wind was more likely.
#4 Posted: 06:53:16 11/08/2011
The fire she breathed in ANB was purple and most people think it was just shadow fire (i.e., not real elemental fire). She couldn't do it after she turned back to normal, so it was probably just something she got from Malefor. As for the name, a cinder is a partially or mostly burned piece of coal or wood, like ashes. There are a lot of reasons in the story she could have been given that name and I imagine that her natural element didn't really have anything to do with it.
#5 Posted: 08:46:26 11/08/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah. another gess i had was that she was named that because of her color. smilie
#6 Posted: 09:08:14 11/08/2011
Back when I gave LoS more credit than it deserved for being interesting, I figured she was named that because she would be the spark to ignite the new world or the death-bringing ashes of the old or something symbolic like that. In truth, they probably just named her that because she's black and it fits the "dragons with misspelled fire words as their names" motif. smilie
#7 Posted: 10:55:07 11/08/2011 | Topic Creator
lol true.
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#8 Posted: 13:22:47 11/08/2011
In addition to Ignitus,similar to "Ignite",which means to light on fire,
Volteer,containing "volt",a measurement of the power of electricity,
Cyril,which unfortunately I can't list derivative,
Terrador,Perhaps refferring to a type of land form called a "terrace",
Cynder,misspell of "Cinder",referring to ash,
Spyro,Derived from "Spy" and "pyro",which is greek if I'm not mistaken,for "flame" or "fire".

Any others that have obvious elementally derived names?
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#9 Posted: 18:32:13 11/08/2011
Oh, really, we had already discussed this before....

It's a universe we had scratched so we could dream.

And besides, her corruption couldn't mess with her elements. Who says multi-element dragon's color must be purple? Again, said before.

Quote: Idiot
BUUUTH CHRONICLAAARRR HAZ SED....

smilie is visibly senile no matter the universe. smilie

Have a nice day. smilie
---
Keep smile
#10 Posted: 20:07:29 11/08/2011
Actually, Matesd, Ignitus said only purple dragons could have more than one element (and that they are only born every hundred generations or so). So did the Chronicler, and Malefor, and the other Guardians hinted at it, and all the other characters were astounded to see a purple dragon, and... So, yeah. It's pretty confirmed that only purple dragons have multiple elements and DotD says outright that Cynder had four because her exposure to darkness screwed her up.
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#11 Posted: 20:28:52 11/08/2011
Quote: Kiro
In addition to Ignitus,similar to "Ignite",which means to light on fire,
Volteer,containing "volt",a measurement of the power of electricity,
Cyril,which unfortunately I can't list derivative,
Terrador,Perhaps refferring to a type of land form called a "terrace",
Cynder,misspell of "Cinder",referring to ash,
Spyro,Derived from "Spy" and "pyro",which is greek if I'm not mistaken,for "flame" or "fire".

Any others that have obvious elementally derived names?

I think Cyril's name could have something to do with both this and a play on the prefix Cryo.
#12 Posted: 20:36:12 11/08/2011
Aha, that's it! I've been trying to figure out why they named him Cyril for ages!

Also, Terrador's name is derived from the French word for "earth": terra. A terrace is a kind of balcony (or, in agriculture, it's a plot of land on which rice is grown and has a specific terraced shade to it).
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#13 Posted: 22:45:55 11/08/2011
I got to say, Cyril is a very creative name. I would have never guessed why they named him that.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#14 Posted: 01:34:23 12/08/2011
@Razz And Skorpion,
Thank you for clearing that up!
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
#15 Posted: 07:10:05 12/08/2011
Quote: Razz
Actually, Matesd, Ignitus said only purple dragons could have more than one element (and that they are only born every hundred generations or so). So did the Chronicler, and Malefor, and the other Guardians hinted at it, and all the other characters were astounded to see a purple dragon, and... So, yeah. It's pretty confirmed that only purple dragons have multiple elements and DotD says outright that Cynder had four because her exposure to darkness screwed her up.

smilie had inherited the senility of his mentor, smilie, luckily, he hadn't time needed to affect smilie that much. BUT IT'S THE UNIVERSE WE SCRATCHED, so, didn't happened.

TLOS is in-universe (Spyro's) novel writen by
that alchemist guy from Fracture Hills
, and is.... ALL SAID BEFORE!!!! LURKMOAR!!!!

Oh, and Malefor is obsessed with purple as color, he is only one non-senile non-playable in relative terms to the settings of TLOS. Have a nice day smilie
---
Keep smile
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 07:11:42 12/08/2011
^ ...What are you talking about? Another nonsense post again, matesds? smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#17 Posted: 07:45:24 12/08/2011
(L)Aura, since when we're dumb-fighting who's posts gives more sense?

I just use logic to solve up the problem not made with logic. Then, I realize this isn't the end, and only way, and went deeper, solving problem with same way of thinking that made the problem. Then used logic again, on the deeper plane. Finally, I published the theory of problem, it's explanation, and it's simplest possible solution. Need to say more? smilie
---
Keep smile
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 07:50:28 12/08/2011
Using logic by blurting out random words?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#19 Posted: 08:05:58 12/08/2011
I also think Cynder's element is wind. Seeing as wind is the only non-stuffed up element she can use, and if she was like a fire dragon she would still breath fire.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#20 Posted: 08:10:13 12/08/2011
Quote: Aura24

Well, that's my issue and flaw. I have it though as perfect as possible, but can't express it smilie

Sometimes, it's just a limit of language, as it doesn't have words need for what I'm trying to say, and no amount of Purple Prose would do, but this is not the cause. It's just too complex, and this is the simplest solution possible! See what I mean? smilie

Could we just agree to close the case? With bottom line "TLOS is just game based on poorly written novel inside Spyro games.", it's bit silly to argue over it when developers couldn't give the manual all was written in. or, thou could use logic thourself, maybe even do the same I did, and come to conclusion thou could call thour own. smilie
---
Keep smile
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#21 Posted: 08:16:23 12/08/2011
Quote: matesds

Well, that's my issue and flaw. I have it though as perfect as possible, but can't express it smilie

Sometimes, it's just a limit of language, as it doesn't have words need for what I'm trying to say, and no amount of Purple Prose would do, but this is not the cause. It's just too complex, and this is the simplest solution possible! See what I mean? smilie

Could we just agree to close the case? With bottom line "TLOS is just game based on poorly written novel inside Spyro games.", it's bit silly to argue over it when developers couldn't give the manual all was written in. or, thou could use logic thourself, maybe even do the same I did, and come to conclusion thou could call thour own. smilie

Do you want to know what I think to that post? Here it is: What?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#22 Posted: 08:38:30 12/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

See what I me-? *shot*
---
Keep smile
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#23 Posted: 08:40:36 12/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

See what I me-? *shot*

Lol, most of your posts I have seen are like that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#24 Posted: 02:23:46 13/08/2011
Apart from that most fan fiction or fan comics/pictures make Malefor seem like the type of guy who was going to molest Cynder if she stayed evil and corrupted
#25 Posted: 02:25:54 13/08/2011
^Oh, I'm sure he would've, I probably would've. *shadow strike'd*
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#26 Posted: 01:15:16 14/08/2011
Well he had that creepy vibe on him and when Mark Hamil was a VA...Man some of the roles he plays with that back up my belief.

Heck even Scar from The Lion King had this feeling vibe with Nala...And it's cannon as in the musical he did try to have his way with her
#27 Posted: 01:19:10 14/08/2011
It's just overall logic, the old badass bad guy always tries to "enjoy the presence" of the younger females.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me