darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > exactly what happened at the end in the last story scene with spyro and cynder?!
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
exactly what happened at the end in the last story scene with spyro and cynder?! [CLOSED]
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#51 Posted: 02:05:25 28/07/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS HAVE SEX WHEN THE FANS GET HORNY, CASE CLOSED.

...Or when Buttsex Man invades... smilie

dun-dun-DUN!!!!!!!!
gargoylegurl97 Red Sparx Gems: 16
#52 Posted: 18:19:35 29/07/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote:
SpyroD

I agree with your conclusion and Razz's conclusion.
---
Transformers and Gargoyles and Dragons, OH MY!
#53 Posted: 18:21:53 29/07/2011 | Topic Creator
anyway, now that we got passed that, does anybody think that there will be another Spyro? or atleast think that there SHOULD be another?
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#54 Posted: 18:44:10 29/07/2011
You shouldn't double post, Gargoylegurl. Folks get cranky when you do. Just use the "edit" button on your other post next time.

We've been through this, I think. There already is another Spyro (don't really care what the whiners say, his name's in the title and he was the genesis of Skylanders as a project, therefore it's a Spyro game). But I would like to see a game after Skylanders more focused on the little guy again, preferably not another reboot.
#55 Posted: 18:56:16 29/07/2011 | Topic Creator
oh, im sorry for double posting. i didnt realize that it makes people mad... or that there was a term for it haha. and i already know about skylanders but that was my first time asking that. but why is skylanders considered a spyro game if spyro isn't the subject of the matter in it? thats just what i've heard.
---
#56 Posted: 19:02:02 29/07/2011
Honestly, I think it's just fans being whiny about it. Spyro may not be the only playable character in it, but that doesn't mean this isn't his game.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#57 Posted: 19:08:46 29/07/2011
Claiming Skylanders isn't based completely on Spyro since you can play as other characters is like saying DotD isn't completely a Spyro game due to being able to play Cynder.
#58 Posted: 19:12:19 29/07/2011
Or that YotD, AHT, and EtD aren't Spyro games because you can play as a whole host of other characters. People have whined that it is possible to play the whole game without Spyro, but, seriously, how many people are going to do that from the outset? All versions of it come with him!
#59 Posted: 19:16:16 29/07/2011
And his name being plastered in the title gives you a bit of an idea that he's one of the main characters, if not THE main character.
#60 Posted: 19:29:20 29/07/2011 | Topic Creator
no thats not what i meant. what i meant was that its called "Skylanders:[Spyro's Adventure]" but the storyline isnt based 100% on him. like, for example, in all the other spyro games spyro is the hero in the end along with his sidekicks and allies. but this game [from what i've heard] isnt where spyro is the main hero. sure the other games you could play as other characters, but spyro would always be the main character, or the higher being in those games, but in skylanders he isn't the main hero in the end. in the other games, it was a given that spyro would be the main hero that everybody depended on, but its not like that in skylanders. do you get what i mean? im not complaining that it is or isnt a spyro game i just out of curiosity wondered why its considered a spyro game if he isnt the main hero in the end like all the other spyro games.
---
#61 Posted: 19:40:23 29/07/2011
There is no main hero, or main character (aside from you). So it's not like Spyro got pushed aside as a side character.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:40 29/07/2011 by CAV
#62 Posted: 19:45:26 29/07/2011 | Topic Creator
i dont know. i dont know wether it is or isnt a spyro game but its not worth debating about if you guys say it is a spyro game then i will take that. but do you guys think that they will make another spyro game besides anymore skylanders?
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#63 Posted: 19:46:38 29/07/2011
Probably because there are 30 other characters that you can play as, and in my opinion, it just over does it, and takes over the role of Spyro, so to me, it's not really a MAIN Spyro game to really worry about.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#64 Posted: 19:50:43 29/07/2011
Like I said: if his name is in the title and he can play a big role in it, then it's a Spyro game. The focus doesn't have to be on him for it to still be his game (and I rather like what CAV said about the real hero of the game being you, the player; that's pretty cool, if you ask me). Spyro always needed help from his friends, even from the very start, so you can think of it as him needing your help to save the world this time along with the other Skylanders.

As for future Spyro games...who knows? If they do make another Spyro game, it's going to be in the Skylanders universe, though. If this doesn't succeed with him, the Spyro franchise is over and done with because no one will waste any more money something that will only fail.
#65 Posted: 19:51:19 29/07/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Probably because there are 30 other characters that you can play as, and in my opinion, it just over does it, and takes over the role of Spyro, so to me, it's not really a MAIN Spyro game to really worry about.

thats exactly what i meant! like in the other spyro games there is more then one character to play as, but they are the characters we already know of and there never was more than like maybe ten characters to play as and you only really got to play as them when you visited certain worlds or play as a different character for certain levels.
---
#66 Posted: 19:52:39 29/07/2011
Quote: Razz
Like I said: if his name is in the title and he can play a big role in it, then it's a Spyro game. The focus doesn't have to be on him for it to still be his game (and I rather like what CAV said about the real hero of the game being you, the player; that's pretty cool, if you ask me). Spyro always needed help from his friends, even from the very start, so you can think of it as him needing your help to save the world this time along with the other Skylanders.

As for future Spyro games...who knows? If they do make another Spyro game, it's going to be in the Skylanders universe, though. If this doesn't succeed with him, the Spyro franchise is over and done with because no one will waste any more money something that will only fail.

@ Bold: I just thought "Whatever" smilie

@ Second bold: That makes sense.
---
#67 Posted: 19:55:12 29/07/2011
Heh, yeah, I feel more or less the same. I was pretty sure LoS had already killed Spyro with how badly it failed, so Skylanders was a nice surprise. I'm just happy to see what looks like an actually fun Spyro game again (haven't had one of those since...2001? smilie). If it succeeds, then maybe we'll get more new, fun Spyro. If it fails, well, at least it won't have gone out on the sour note that is DotD this way. smilie
#68 Posted: 20:01:05 29/07/2011
Heh, yeah, I feel more or less the same. I was pretty sure LoS had already killed Spyro with how badly it failed, so Skylanders was a nice surprise. I'm just happy to see what looks like an actually fun Spyro game again (haven't had one of those since...2001? smilie). If it succeeds, then maybe we'll get more new, fun Spyro. If it fails, well, at least it won't have gone out on the sour note that is DotD this way. smilie

Very true, and that does make a lot of sense to me.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#69 Posted: 22:02:37 29/07/2011
I don't consider Skylanders an actual Spyro game, simply because the official reps at E3 and all those other events said it wasn't. They said it was the start of a new franchise, and Spyro is just there to draw in attention. If it's from the horse's mouth, then I'll go with it. :I

And the difference between the Spyro games with other playable characters, and this game, is that it is mandatory to play as Spyro at some point. Like it or not, you'll have to play as him. This isn't the case with Skylanders. You don't ever NEED to place him on the Portal. For 100%, you just need one character of each element, and there are other characters with the magic element.

-----------------------------------------------------

However, to satisfy the kiddies out there:

Kids....KIDS.....KIIIIIIIDDSSSSS.....when you play Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, you can make the game about anybody you want it to be about *gasp* smilie....it'sssss true!

It can be about Spyro...it can be about Eruptor....it can be about Trigger Happy....even about your pet dog, your mom, or even you! Anybody! It just depends on who you play as. So, if you play as Spyro all the time, it's his adventure! If you play as Eruptor all the time, it's his adventure! If you play as Trigger Happy all the time, it's his adventure!

And if you use your super imagination powers, you can put yourself in the game, and....it'sssss YOUR adventure!

[User Posted Image]
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#70 Posted: 22:46:44 29/07/2011
[quote=sonicbrawler182And the difference between the Spyro games with other playable characters, and this game, is that it is mandatory to play as Spyro at some point. Like it or not, you'll have to play as him. This isn't the case with Skylanders. You don't ever NEED to place him on the Portal. For 100%, you just need one character of each element, and there are other characters with the magic element.[/quote]

Hence why I say there is no main character.
#71 Posted: 23:23:08 29/07/2011
Your sarcasm kind of falls flat when it actually makes the game sound even more fun, SB. smilie Honestly, I rather do like it that the underlying focus of the game is actually the player. It's a nice change and you don't see that very often.
#72 Posted: 23:37:10 29/07/2011
Your sarcasm kind of falls flat when it actually makes the game sound even more fun, SB. smilie Honestly, I rather do like it that the underlying focus of the game is actually the player. It's a nice change and you don't see that very often.

Actually Razz, I wasn't being really sarcastic. I actually kind of believe that "sarcastic" thing I was rambling on with is TFB's intention. The game is about whatever character you like most. I was just saying it in a humourous way, because people have been asking me to be less serious lately.
Heh, people never make their minds up sometimes! smilie;
---
#73 Posted: 01:15:30 30/07/2011
Ah! Okay, that makes sense, then. It kind of sounded a bit like some of the reps who talk about the game at E3 and such. smilie
#74 Posted: 01:19:39 30/07/2011
Really?

I KNOW WHAT I'LL BE WHEN I GROW UP! smilie
---
#75 Posted: 01:20:53 30/07/2011
Oh noez! smilie What have I done?! I've inspired a future pitch man! Noooooo! smilie
#76 Posted: 01:22:44 30/07/2011
That's a good thing.

Now in the future if I'm watching E3 with some friends, and Brawler comes on, I can jump off the couch and yell "I KNOW THAT GUY" while pointing at the TV as if I found Half-Life 2: Episode 3.
#77 Posted: 01:38:40 30/07/2011
My career aside....

I swear this is like the third or fourth topic I have seen on the subject of DotD's ending since I joined this site, and I haven't even been here a year yet. smilie
---
#78 Posted: 01:53:17 30/07/2011
Same.

I'm honestly surprised that the ending is this confusing..........or that anyone really cares about the ending anymore seeing how old the game is.
#79 Posted: 01:54:19 30/07/2011
But we also have to consider how new some fans are...so I guess it makes sense. smilie
---
#80 Posted: 02:58:34 30/07/2011
I thought the ending was pretty clear. Frodo threw the ring in the fire and then the eagles rescued him. Right? Oh, no wait! Annikin and Obi Wan faught on that volcano planet and then he became Darth Vader after he lost. That's totally how it ended, yeah! I don't see how that's confusing at all. smilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#81 Posted: 04:32:21 30/07/2011
It's confusing because the Sauron never stated to *ramble on about LOTR Lore*.

If anything it just made sauron lose a physical form forever, his nothing but a invisible harmless vengeance raged spirit now.
#82 Posted: 10:03:56 30/07/2011
I thought the ending was pretty clear. Frodo threw the ring in the fire and then the eagles rescued him. Right? Oh, no wait! Annikin and Obi Wan faught on that volcano planet and then he became Darth Vader after he lost. That's totally how it ended, yeah! I don't see how that's confusing at all. smilie

I lol'd.
---
katrina78894 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#83 Posted: 21:48:32 30/07/2011
I beat it 2 times, and i understand what happens.

Spyro kills hisself in order to save the world from being destroyed.

when you see them flying in the sky at the end, that was their spirits traveling to heaven.

Do ya understand now????
---
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, whats the worst that could happen?
katrina78894 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#84 Posted: 21:50:03 30/07/2011
shut your mouth, you ahve some unnessesary language. If you dont have anything good to post, dont post anything!!!
---
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, whats the worst that could happen?
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#85 Posted: 21:50:57 30/07/2011
According to the Legend canon, there is no heaven, just that big purple rock in the center of the planet that Malefor got taken into; Therefore, they should be going down, not up.
#86 Posted: 21:51:30 30/07/2011
Please don't double post.

And who has unnecessary language? You?
---
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#87 Posted: 06:31:06 03/08/2011
My ending seems to be the most reasonable, I mean he doesn't have to die: it may have been put in his head that he would, but that didn't stop him. Cynder would have survived ether way, she didn't give her life, but she would have died for Spyro if it meant he lived. <- I got confused when I typed that, but the meaning seems clear enough= Spyro put his life on the line to save a broken planet. =/ Why is it confusing? The chronicler said "Each time a dragon dies, a new page is written in this book" and,"I can't seem to find any trace of Spyro"= Spyro and Cynder live, that just said so.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#88 Posted: 06:40:51 03/08/2011
Quote: katrina78894
I beat it 2 times, and i understand what happens.

Spyro kills hisself in order to save the world from being destroyed.

when you see them flying in the sky at the end, that was their spirits traveling to heaven.

Do ya understand now????

No, they survived, katrina. Since they weren't found in the Book of Death by the Chronicler, they're still alive. They were flying over the Valley of Avalar, if anyone recognized the scenery.

Quote: katrina78894
shut your mouth, you ahve some unnessesary language. If you dont have anything good to post, dont post anything!!!

And who are you talking to? Apparently, to nobody. <.<
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:27 03/08/2011 by Aura24
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#89 Posted: 08:56:10 03/08/2011
Newbie is raged.
timmy16 Red Sparx Gems: 88
#90 Posted: 22:29:00 04/08/2011
aura24 is right
they escaped, they're alive, and they're happy
---
we fear not deth
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#91 Posted: 12:35:35 05/08/2011
You all 're wrong.

Spyro nor Cyn' was in the core, they didn't defeat Malefor, the world wasn't put together again, Ignitus didn't become Chronicler. Simply becase.... It didn't happened. World didn't broke apart, Malefor wasn't villain, even Spyro didn't look like this. Simply because TLOS was novel within a Spyro universe. Spyro really looks like in SkyLanders. Insomniac look of him was made from Flame + more attractive, Malefor exist there, but just as a rich snob, who has a son whose look was used as model for TLOS smilie. Cynder is there too, she tries to be a writer, but isn't very good at it, as they always ends up with marysue chara, so, when she notices it she scraps it quickly. Et cetera et cetera

GAME OVER
---
Keep smile
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#92 Posted: 16:02:07 05/08/2011
Quote: matesds
You all 're wrong.

Spyro nor Cyn' was in the core, they didn't defeat Malefor, the world wasn't put together again, Ignitus didn't become Chronicler. Simply becase.... It didn't happened. World didn't broke apart, Malefor wasn't villain, even Spyro didn't look like this. Simply because TLOS was novel within a Spyro universe. Spyro really looks like in SkyLanders. Insomniac look of him was made from Flame + more attractive, Malefor exist there, but just as a rich snob, who has a son whose look was used as model for TLOS smilie. Cynder is there too, she tries to be a writer, but isn't very good at it, as they always ends up with marysue chara, so, when she notices it she scraps it quickly. Et cetera et cetera

GAME OVER

And Sparx?
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#93 Posted: 16:21:21 05/08/2011
Quote: matesds
You all 're wrong.

GAME OVER

That's kind of an offence to writers everywhere.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#94 Posted: 17:40:39 05/08/2011
^ Matesds, why you trolling on writers?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#95 Posted: 18:01:45 05/08/2011
I'm a writer and I'm not offended. Matesd is just being random. *shrug*
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#96 Posted: 18:03:03 05/08/2011
I found it offending how matesds said that all writers always have mary sue characters when this isn't at all true.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#97 Posted: 18:28:09 05/08/2011
Honestly, it depends on the writer. And not all Mary Sues are bad, it's just rare to find one written well. I can own up to having written several Mary Sues, but the average reader wouldn't recognize them as such (because what I wish to be is not what the average person desires).

Frankly, I'm more offended by all the people who say "they're alive, deal with it" because that implies that others aren't allowed to have a different interpretation of the ending beyond the bland lameness that we were supposed to read it as (assuming we had no imaginations in the first place).
#98 Posted: 18:51:22 05/08/2011
I thought it was funny.
---
#99 Posted: 20:18:50 05/08/2011
It's not the most reasonable answer, it's just the one you like best. I personally don't find it to be the most logical from my experience of the game.
#100 Posted: 20:53:46 05/08/2011
It's not the most reasonable answer, it's just the one you like best. I personally don't find it to be the most logical from my experience of the game.

I don't think it was supposed to be logical, I think that was the whole point of it being funny.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me