Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Mods = Everyone getting baned [CLOSED]
Gondana Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#1 Posted: 23:41:56 25/03/2008 | Topic Creator
I'me sorry if I sound a little blunt and subordinate and I know I might get into trouble for saying this but Mods are a REALLY bad idea.

I mean its a good idea for you, scince you won't have to personaly check, EVERY SINGLE POST AND THREAD. But for everyone else, well, I'de be banned already if this site had moderators.

And there ALL mean , and powerhungry , but mostly mean and...

I'M BEGGING YOU! FOR THE LOVE OF THE ANCESTORS PLEASE DON'T ADD MODERATORS!!!

*calms down*

Just be careful who you DO make a mod.
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
I'll be back. (Will return in 2011)
Last edited at 00:17:54 26/03/2008 by Gondana
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 00:11:42 26/03/2008
Quote: Gondana
I'me sorry if I sound a little blunt and subordinate and I know I might get into trouble for saying this but Mods are a REALLY bad idea.

I mean its a good idea for you, scince you won't have to personaly check, EVERY SINGLE POST AND THREAD. But for everyone else, well, I'de be banned already if this site had moderators.

As an administrator on other sites, and one who has selected Moderators in the past I feel you're being a bit harsh.
Someone who TRULY and I mean TRULY deserves to be a moderator would not go as power-hungry as you claim. That person would not exercise their powers to ban users for stupid reasons such as off-topic posts and improper spelling and grammar abilities (which does to irk many people on this board, myself included) or would edit the posts of said users. Rather, a TRUE moderator would use banning powers for the right reasons! What are some of these reasons?
A: The moderator notices some form of verbal harassment in the forums.
B: A particular member is in constant violation of the sight's rules.
C: There have been numerous complaints about actions taken by a specific member.
And even after these reasons, a moderator should never ban without A: the permission of the sight's administrator or B: without at least warning the member first.

This is one reason why PMs would be useful. So the group in charge can send these warning PMs. It's not as efficient as the "warn" system used on invisionfree forums, but it would work quite nicely.
Thank you for time, good sir. p_o
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#3 Posted: 00:44:20 26/03/2008
HIR just told you right. Mods are a must for most forums; there's only 12 on SP, and two are mods (excluding me as admin) since I know that once I get a user bar done and get it in my sigs across the net that it'll start growing fast, and with that comes the n00bs and assholes that won't respect the rules (and possibly staff).
Dragonfriend243 Green Sparx Gems: 111
#4 Posted: 01:14:13 26/03/2008
^I didn't know you were a admin!
---
Welcome to DarkSpyro!smilie PURPLE!
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
#5 Posted: 01:39:21 26/03/2008
Just here since it's my forum.
#6 Posted: 03:16:08 26/03/2008 | Topic Creator
All I can say now is there goes the the golden-age where you would think about "Is this post going to complement the site" rather than

"Is this post going to get me BANNED!" smilie
---
Who ever said its better to haved loved then lost, than never to have loved at all was a lier and should be shot.
Dragonfriend243 Green Sparx Gems: 111
#7 Posted: 21:58:42 26/03/2008
Quote: Shrazer320

Oh I thought you were an admin on Darkspyro!!!Because I read in the rules or somewhere else that there only one admin. Sorry got confused!!smilie
---
Welcome to DarkSpyro!smilie PURPLE!
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
#8 Posted: 00:16:46 27/03/2008
All I can say now is there goes the the golden-age where you would think about "Is this post going to complement the site" rather than

"Is this post going to get me BANNED!" smilie

...Ha!

Whenever stating a claim, show supporting evidence. That's one of my rules.

Do you have PROOF of a sight where such actions take place?
---
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#9 Posted: 10:38:57 27/03/2008

I created an account on there yesterday! I am "Espio."smilie
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#10 Posted: 20:36:58 27/03/2008
Quote: Dragonfriend243

Oh I thought you were an admin on Darkspyro!!!Because I read in the rules or somewhere else that there only one admin. Sorry got confused!!smilie

xD Nah, sorry about that.

Quote: Crush

You never saw it before!? x.X
#11 Posted: 00:37:21 28/03/2008 | Topic Creator
The reason I joined this site was becouse I'm not very liked by Moderaters. I don't know why, I just have that charisma.

Even my step-mom at home starts yelling at me for no reason as if she had bi-poler, which she dousn't.

I'm a punishment magnet. And I can't help it. And even on here there have been several occations where peaple have warned me hat I'd get reported if I didn't stop.

I count 2.

One was becouse I posted a picture of barney to scare SpyroxCinder becouse she is Barney-phobic which is just irational, but it scared everyone else.

The other was when we where talking about peaples religions and I didn't really mean to but I accidently insulted SpyroxCinder.

Both times she forgave me. But moderaters arent like that. They don't forgive. Its not part of there personality.

There are peaple in the world that feel that everyone is beneath them. There the ones that usually become moderators.

And

Quote:
Quote:

"Is this post going to get me BANNED!"

...Ha!

Yes I do... WTFcity. I was told that if I didn't stop picking on pickachus (Which was me role-playing) then I'd get permanently baned.

And by that I mean Having "I like pickachus... Especialy with sweet and sour sauce" as my Signature and only attacking pickachus. Which is a main part of the game mind you.

And bitefight. I got a warning for putting up a thread that got out of hand and people started arguing but it wasn't my fault.

And last of all
This new moderator thing is an invasion of our trust towards each-over. Official moderators compel people to go ban-happy. And I really don't want that chance to be given to them. And it breaks my heart to say that these new turn of events may result in my leave of DarkSpyro.

Not because I will be banned, but because I can't watch my friends be sent into misery.

Dragongyrl1000 doesn't even know what a moderator is. She's probably been on this site from day one. And run around blindly thinking the worlds a wonderful place. A moderator would warp that view, show her how horrible the real world is. It makes me sad just thinking about that.

Zira (whose not really my friend) only has this site to comfort her since she is home schooled and therefor has no one to talk to in person. Other than her parents.

If SpyroxCinder is asked to be a moderator she would have no choice but to take it.
It wouldn't matter whether She takes it or not anyway. If she doesn't then she loses her right to guide her friends in the right direction. Which she has since I first met her. If she douse become a moderator then she will be forced to draw the sword on her friends. And that would break her heart into a million pieces.

Shrasa320 has only one thing to keep his mind of the pain. And thats blindly spamming without the consequences of a moderated world.

This is a big decision. One where my friends will be the ones who suffer the most.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't. I'm just showing the consequences of your actions. The ones that are too late to fix. And I gauss I'm too late. I am the failure. I even saw this coming. without the trust that made this sanctuary so great. It is nothing.

Dragongyrl1000 will learn that being herself is wrong.
SpyroxCinder will become a moderator and be forced to draw the sword on her friends.
And Shrasa320 will lose the only thing keeping his mind of the horrible truth.

HIR you are an important figure now, so I guess I have no right to speak to you. But please! Don't hurt my friends.
Do what you will with me but my friends are so important to me right now that I will protect them.
In-fact I'm even in the position now to except becoming a moderator, as a protecter. Become the thing that I hate most so my friends will be safe. From the real world. The world where the only shield of protection has just been shattered.
---
Last edited at 00:38:41 28/03/2008 by Gondana
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#12 Posted: 00:39:11 28/03/2008
You seem a little paranoid. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#13 Posted: 01:18:23 28/03/2008
The reason I joined this site was becouse I'm not very liked by Moderaters. I don't know why, I just have that charisma.

Even my step-mom at home starts yelling at me for no reason as if she had bi-poler, which she dousn't.

I'm a punishment magnet. And I can't help it. And even on here there have been several occations where peaple have warned me hat I'd get reported if I didn't stop.

I count 2.

One was becouse I posted a picture of barney to scare SpyroxCinder becouse she is Barney-phobic which is just irational, but it scared everyone else.

The other was when we where talking about peaples religions and I didn't really mean to but I accidently insulted SpyroxCinder.

Both times she forgave me. But moderaters arent like that. They don't forgive. Its not part of there personality.

There are peaple in the world that feel that everyone is beneath them. There the ones that usually become moderators.

And

Quote:
Quote:

"Is this post going to get me BANNED!"

...Ha!

Yes I do... WTFcity. I was told that if I didn't stop picking on pickachus (Which was me role-playing) then I'd get permanently baned.

And by that I mean Having "I like pickachus... Especialy with sweet and sour sauce" as my Signature and only attacking pickachus. Which is a main part of the game mind you.

And bitefight. I got a warning for putting up a thread that got out of hand and people started arguing but it wasn't my fault.

And last of all
This new moderator thing is an invasion of our trust towards each-over. Official moderators compel people to go ban-happy. And I really don't want that chance to be given to them. And it breaks my heart to say that these new turn of events may result in my leave of DarkSpyro.

Not because I will be banned, but because I can't watch my friends be sent into misery.

Dragongyrl1000 doesn't even know what a moderator is. She's probably been on this site from day one. And run around blindly thinking the worlds a wonderful place. A moderator would warp that view, show her how horrible the real world is. It makes me sad just thinking about that.

Zira (whose not really my friend) only has this site to comfort her since she is home schooled and therefor has no one to talk to in person. Other than her parents.

If SpyroxCinder is asked to be a moderator she would have no choice but to take it.
It wouldn't matter whether She takes it or not anyway. If she doesn't then she loses her right to guide her friends in the right direction. Which she has since I first met her. If she douse become a moderator then she will be forced to draw the sword on her friends. And that would break her heart into a million pieces.

Shrasa320 has only one thing to keep his mind of the pain. And thats blindly spamming without the consequences of a moderated world.

This is a big decision. One where my friends will be the ones who suffer the most.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't. I'm just showing the consequences of your actions. The ones that are too late to fix. And I gauss I'm too late. I am the failure. I even saw this coming. without the trust that made this sanctuary so great. It is nothing.

Dragongyrl1000 will learn that being herself is wrong.
SpyroxCinder will become a moderator and be forced to draw the sword on her friends.
And Shrasa320 will lose the only thing keeping his mind of the horrible truth.

HIR you are an important figure now, so I guess I have no right to speak to you. But please! Don't hurt my friends.
Do what you will with me but my friends are so important to me right now that I will protect them.
In-fact I'm even in the position now to except becoming a moderator, as a protecter. Become the thing that I hate most so my friends will be safe. From the real world. The world where the only shield of protection has just been shattered.

Hmmmm... that was some excellent evidence presenting.

As for your concerns... I'm a pretty hyperactive person on this forum too. I tend to "tease" a lot of users, but all in the spirit of good, if-not-so-clean fun. And as I mentioned, I'm an admin elsewhere... so I've had to deal with using the admin CP to discuss IP Bans. The only joke we ever did that was ban related was when we banned a user for 1337 days. We were going to ban him, anyway, we just wanted to make it funny. >.>
---
#14 Posted: 01:34:48 28/03/2008 | Topic Creator
The first question that I should have asked just occured to me when I read about the new PM system and that its only looked at by authoritys when it has been reported is that;

How douse the new Mod' system ACTUALLY work?

Is it exactly the same as before where the mods leave you alone unless someone someone presses that report button. The only difference is that a moderator resolves the conflict instead of Dark52. So that Dark52 can concentrate on more important things.

Or is it like in BiteFight where the moderators scan the posts and if they find something they don't like then they tell the user off. Which usually results in me getting ganged up on by EVERY single moderator on the site.

Personally I like the top one better.
---
#15 Posted: 01:38:57 28/03/2008
The first question that I should have asked just occured to me when I read about the new PM system and that its only looked at by authoritys when it has been reported is that;

How douse the new Mod' system ACTUALLY work?

Is it exactly the same as before where the mods leave you alone unless someone someone presses that report button. The only difference is that a moderator resolves the conflict instead of Dark52. So that Dark52 can concentrate on more important things.

Or is it like in BiteFight where the moderators scan the posts and if they find something they don't like then they tell the user off. Which usually results in me getting ganged up on by EVERY single moderator on the site.

Personally I like the top one better.

Nothing is actually planned yet. >.>
---
#16 Posted: 02:17:07 28/03/2008
What.. the.. hell. You have NO right to say what goes on in my mind, what I think and decide, ect ect.

Also, how you BUTCHER my NAME when it's right in front of your face? And, if any truth is horrible (like how I have scoliosis), it's not MY fault.

Oh, and the mod system for the PM system? There is none unless you report it to dark.

You seem a little paranoid. smilie

Highly agreed. My life is chock-full of angst but I don't go crying.

Quote: HIR
The only joke we ever did that was ban related was when we banned a user for 1337 days.

I'm totally gonna have to remember that.
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#17 Posted: 06:17:16 28/03/2008
Quote: Dragonfriend243

xD Nah, sorry about that.

Quote: Crush

You never saw it before!? x.X

Yes I have! I took a good look, before I signed in!
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Dagnabbit.
#18 Posted: 22:31:02 28/03/2008
xD Oh.. okay.
#19 Posted: 02:29:58 29/03/2008
The only joke we ever did that was ban related was when we banned a user for 1337 days.

I had a feeling you would say that. <.<;
---
#20 Posted: 02:40:46 29/03/2008

I had a feeling you would say that. <.<;

^.^
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#21 Posted: 10:36:23 29/03/2008

*calms down*

This is where the rules come in handy!
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#22 Posted: 07:18:13 05/04/2008 | Topic Creator
I find that mods like making their own rules all the time.
---
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#23 Posted: 16:57:31 05/04/2008
well i think darks doing a very good job on his owen keep up the good work dark smilie
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12081
#24 Posted: 01:35:25 06/04/2008
ya, keep up the good work
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#25 Posted: 02:41:46 06/04/2008
Which is precisely why he doesn't need any mods... cause he's perfectly fine at the moment.
---
#26 Posted: 15:19:17 12/04/2008
Hmm... I don't think that's for us to decide.

I just hope not. He's been doing a pretty good job. The forum has quite a good reputation.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#27 Posted: 00:03:01 31/05/2008
What is a mod?
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
#28 Posted: 00:13:06 31/05/2008
Quote: Cynder_543
What is a mod?

A moderator, who would delete that post or close the topic because you just bump'd an old topic. -_-
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#29 Posted: 02:32:37 31/05/2008
Heh, more like a mod is someone who moderates the forum at an appropriate level?

It's a misconception that mods are meanies (well some of them are), but most of them are just regular people like you and me who volunteered to take some extra responsibilities on the forums.

The best mods are ones who can get into a good conversation and act just like most other forum members. They can not only moderate but also act natural just like anyone else.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
#30 Posted: 03:50:44 31/05/2008
Exactly! I've noticed that some people on my forum have said somewhere that they wouldn't know that I was Admin without seeing the title thing.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5869
#31 Posted: 12:24:16 04/06/2008
Anyway, let's just not worry about that right now because there are no mods. Let's call it a day.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#32 Posted: 16:41:20 05/06/2008
umm.....not to be a pain but..whats a moderator??

the only mod's i know of is the ones that were around in the late 70's that hated us rockerssmilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#33 Posted: 17:05:53 05/06/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Anyway, let's just not worry about that right now because there are no mods. Let's call it a day.

*nods* Agreed.

Quote: Lover of Spyro
umm.....not to be a pain but..whats a moderator??

the only mod's i know of is the ones that were around in the late 70's that hated us rockers>_>

Quote: Dictionary.com
Moderator: 1. a person or thing that moderates.

Moderate: 1. kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense: a moderate price.
2. of medium quantity, extent, or amount: a moderate income.
3. mediocre or fair: moderate talent.
4. calm or mild, as of the weather.
5. of or pertaining to moderates, as in politics or religion.
–noun 6. a person who is moderate in opinion or opposed to extreme views and actions, esp. in politics or religion.
7. (usually initial capital letter) a member of a political party advocating moderate reform.
–verb (used with object) 8. to reduce the excessiveness of; make less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous: to moderate the sharpness of one's words.
9. to preside over or at (a public forum, meeting, discussion, etc.).
–verb (used without object) 10. to become less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous.
11. to act as moderator; preside.
Last edited at 17:07:04 05/06/2008 by Shrazer320
#34 Posted: 17:06:43 05/06/2008
and moderate means?????????????????
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#35 Posted: 17:07:17 05/06/2008
Quote: Lover of Spyro
and moderate means?????????????????

Check edit.
#36 Posted: 17:08:21 05/06/2008
oh....i still dont get it but i get it a bit more...
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#37 Posted: 18:03:11 05/06/2008
Basically, a moderator on this forum is someone who has almost as much control as dark52, except the admin's toolbar. They basically will assist dark52 when he can't handle the site alone (which could be any time once this site gets really popular).
---
#38 Posted: 18:44:06 05/06/2008
oh! Ross explained it bettersmilie

so is that what the Hunter rank is?
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5869
#39 Posted: 11:09:35 06/06/2008

Only nerds like Sonic.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#40 Posted: 20:53:48 06/06/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro

Only nerds like Sonic.

Don't say that,SF will get easily annoyed.
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#41 Posted: 00:20:30 07/06/2008

*calms down*

Hey!I'm a moderator of the dragons and bandicoots forum(the spyro games part) and i'm not so evil.But there i don't have so many things to do...
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me