First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
More The Legend of Spyro and NOT Skylanders [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#151 Posted: 01:25:53 12/07/2011
They noted that if the demand for Spyro is high and the game sells well, they might give Spyro his own game.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#152 Posted: 06:43:12 12/07/2011
Where was this said? I don't remember hearing anyone mention it, but there's been a lot of info so I could have forgotten.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#153 Posted: 08:50:19 12/07/2011
Quote: Razz
Where was this said? I don't remember hearing anyone mention it, but there's been a lot of info so I could have forgotten.

Same here actually, I've never seen it printed down, or said in a video. I've just gone with what CAV and Aura have been saying.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#154 Posted: 17:53:02 12/07/2011
One could always make a petition...

...Oh wait, those generally don't work. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#155 Posted: 18:17:40 12/07/2011
Quote: HIR
One could always make a petition...

...Oh wait, those generally don't work. >.>

Exactly, is there much point?
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#156 Posted: 19:39:11 12/07/2011
It just seems like so many people were disappointed with DotD that they NEED a fourth game to bring a good sense of closure to the series. At least, I feel that way. I prefer things to wrap up in a good way... DotD did not bring me that sense of closure I was hoping for and thus I desire some more TLoS for some reason. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#157 Posted: 22:40:30 12/07/2011
The polite tl;dr version:
I rather thought the end of DotD was a decent one for LoS and don't feel it ever needed continuing.

The long version (avert your eyes, DotD fans! I tried to be nice but, well...you guys know me by now, I'm sure. smilie):
I never expected any real closure from DotD because I didn't expect anything out of LoS in general. The fact that DotD managed to rocket so far below my non-existent expectations that it coughed up fresh molten iron from the Earth's core still astounds me three years later. At this point, I'm just glad it's finally done with and all signs point to Activision being in agreement. When so many people are disappointed with your franchise (in the way that means they don't buy it, not the Michael Bay way) the smart company does the smart thing and doesn't waste any more money making more of it than they already did.

As a former fan of LoS, even when I was trying my darndest to like DotD, I didn't want to see it continue. The ending we got was more or less the only way it was ever going to end (though Krome might have made it less terrible) and that's that. Leave all the continuations of the "story" to the fans or use your own imagination to close up the holes (it's pretty much guaranteed to be better than anything that would have come out in game form, anyway).
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#158 Posted: 22:50:18 12/07/2011
Same, I think the ending of DotD was satisfying enough.. smilie
#159 Posted: 23:06:24 12/07/2011
If you tip it on its side, the ending of DotD can imply some pretty fascinating things. Before the hate and bitterness set in, I had enough time to fabricate a real happy ending for Spyro and Cynder in which they didn't die (but didn't live, either) and were the new heart/spirit/guardians of the world they had created. They found Ignitus (who is also in that not-dead, not-alive state) and watched over the world in happy innocence forever after. Almost made a fic out of it, even, but didn't care enough in the end. Now it's one of many ideas that constantly gets cannibalized for original fic. smilie
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#160 Posted: 23:09:38 12/07/2011
I hope to think that it was a happy ending too. It was kind of like the ending to "The Lady, or the Tiger?": It left a cliffhanger/unending ending (lol smilie) and made the readers use their imagination. smilie
Lukar82394 Green Sparx Gems: 393
#161 Posted: 23:21:29 12/07/2011
I agree with those who say that TLoS was meant to be a trilogy, and just that. However, I wouldn't mind seeing another game with gameplay that's similar to TLoS, and maybe its atmosphere as well.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#162 Posted: 00:56:02 13/07/2011
It depends on the person. For me, DotD's ending gave me similar questions that FFXIII's ending gave me, and a similar feeling to the ending of Conker's Bad Fur Day. Sounds bizarre, I know, but I'm not going into great detail about it, as I know people will complain, or ignore.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#163 Posted: 01:31:05 13/07/2011

As a former fan of LoS, even when I was trying my darndest to like DotD, I didn't want to see it continue. The ending we got was more or less the only way it was ever going to end (though Krome might have made it less terrible) and that's that. Leave all the continuations of the "story" to the fans or use your own imagination to close up the holes (it's pretty much guaranteed to be better than anything that would have come out in game form, anyway).

Thank you.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#164 Posted: 01:45:14 13/07/2011
If you tip it on its side, the ending of DotD can imply some pretty fascinating things. Before the hate and bitterness set in, I had enough time to fabricate a real happy ending for Spyro and Cynder in which they didn't die (but didn't live, either) and were the new heart/spirit/guardians of the world they had created. They found Ignitus (who is also in that not-dead, not-alive state) and watched over the world in happy innocence forever after. Almost made a fic out of it, even, but didn't care enough in the end. Now it's one of many ideas that constantly gets cannibalized for original fic. smilie

I couldn't agree more with this.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#165 Posted: 04:02:05 13/07/2011
I always had the general feel that Spyro could do anything Malefor could, not like making minions would turn into ugly rock monsters but if Spyro did create a Axe slinging crazed minion i had the feel it look more on whatever the user's Personality was.
Liam Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#166 Posted: 22:50:21 15/07/2011 | Topic Creator
ok you make the choise and you do it, i better delete this topic, is this right?
---
Different Gear, Still Speeding
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#167 Posted: 22:52:31 15/07/2011
You can't delete a topic after someone has posted it. You don't have to close it either. This is rather interesting.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#168 Posted: 22:53:14 15/07/2011
Edit: Ninja'd

Quote: Liam
ok you make the choise and you do it, i better delete this topic, is this right?

You can't delete your own topics when someone has posted in them.
You can close your own topics after five minutes of no posts in a topic older than an hour.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:54 15/07/2011 by semp123
Liam Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#169 Posted: 22:56:51 15/07/2011 | Topic Creator
i think i make this topic just for say that this is a ****

fu ck me
---
Different Gear, Still Speeding
#170 Posted: 23:29:14 15/07/2011

No point.
#171 Posted: 23:48:04 15/07/2011
If you're tired of seeing people constantly saying they're glad LoS is over and/or they don't need any more of it and Skylanders is fine, you will probably want to close it, yes. Otherwise the conversation is going to continue here.
#172 Posted: 00:13:46 16/07/2011
i think i make this topic just for say that this is a ****

fu ck me

---
StormDragon Red Sparx Gems: 28
#173 Posted: 15:30:13 18/07/2011
It is true that most fan fiction stories are not very exciting or very good for that mater. But I have found one that with some modifacations could become a great next Legend of Spyro "trilogy" or even a movie. One of the things that makes it great is that it adds 2 favorates from the old series, Flame and Ember. Unlike other series it seamlessly adds them and gives an excelent reason for them being added. The story is The Legend of Spyro: Age of Heroes, by Spartan...029 on fanfiction.com, the series curently has 4 parts, the main 3 with Spyro, and a prequil with interesting characters. If you need to do something with TLoS while wating to see if a new TLoS game will come this is a great Spyro story. And on the mater of skylanders, I agree with most fans, they should have made another TLoS. I will not give up hope for another TLoS game until Actavision anounces that no more will be made!
---
I will NOT give up hope on a new The Legend of Spyro game until it is publicly anounced to the world!
#174 Posted: 16:50:39 18/07/2011
I read three random chapters of that. It's written quite well, from what I can see...even though two of the chapters I read were full-on sex scenes. But even so, it made brilliant use of adjectives, and I had a vivid image of what was going on, like I was watching a movie in my head.

I have written one LoS fan fiction myself, but it's actually a one shot, and is an alternate scene I came up with for DotD. It's not really any good. I only made it because I don't have anyone who would accept a Valentine's Day gift, so I just decided to make something romance themed on my dA account, so if you do read it, forgive me if it's too mushy or anything. I made it on a whim. smilie
---
#175 Posted: 17:33:01 18/07/2011
I'm afraid Age of Heroes wasn't my cup of tea. I really liked the first one, but the ones after that were a bit much for my taste. The underlying, unintentional sexism bothered me, the constant deus ex machinas were annoying, the complete devaluing of death took away every last shred of conflict (it was like watching Dragonball Z all over again), and the overwrought fight/sex scenes dragged on way too long and happened far too often. The word use, characters, and underlying stories were good, but the execution just dragged on way too much. If Age of Heroes was parred down by at least half (as in, take out 50% of it) I think it would be great. As it stands now, I see why others enjoy it, but it's really not my cup of tea.
#176 Posted: 19:48:35 18/07/2011
I can't exactly say whether or not it was my kinda thing, seeing as I only took a peek. The one chapter I read that was not a sex scene was the one where Ember first appeared, and it was quite funny.

For some reason though, I never bothered getting dedicated to reading any fan fiction, or comics, even if I liked the looks of one.....Geez, how do I expect to get my LoS based projects off the ground!? smilie
---
#177 Posted: 01:17:43 19/07/2011
Sometimes reading something is harder than making it yourself. I know I've run into that sort of thing before. smilie

I'd give the first AoH story a try if you've got the time. It was pretty funny and rather cute and the focus stayed on the dragons we know and like (Spyro, Cynder, Flame, and Ember) instead of a herd of OCs (I am very against OCs upstaging known characters in fan works and feel that one should avoid them unless absolutely necessary).
#178 Posted: 01:24:15 19/07/2011
Sometimes reading something is harder than making it yourself. I know I've run into that sort of thing before. smilie

Because when you're making something, it's something you want to hear/read/see. When it's someone else's thing and you're looking at it simply to get an idea, it can often seem like a bore fest if you don't like it, and you end up forcing yourself to continue.
#179 Posted: 08:23:10 19/07/2011
Admittedly, the story I may write is mainly about some OCs (two to be exact, with some others who make brief appearances). Hardly any official Spyro characters will be in it. But it is necessary, due to the setting.
---
#180 Posted: 08:33:40 19/07/2011
OC's? What's the abbreviated from?
---
#181 Posted: 12:50:28 19/07/2011
OC means original character. Generally refers to fan fiction characters not officially from a franchise.
---
#182 Posted: 18:40:53 19/07/2011
On the flip side, OCs can be just fine as long as they aren't interacting overly much with major characters and upstaging them.
#183 Posted: 20:09:41 19/07/2011
Most of the official characters will only be cameos, appearing for a short time only. Flame and Elora will have bigger roles, maybe Ember too. Spyro, Cynder and Sparx will not be in it at all, as the story starts a few months before they are born. I may make another story after that which is set after DotD, and Spyro and co will take on the major roles, while the OCs will not appear very often.
---
#184 Posted: 20:13:09 19/07/2011
Ooo, Elora! And a story that doesn't center around Spyro, Cynder and Sparx as the big canon appearances sounds pretty cool. smilie
#185 Posted: 22:08:57 19/07/2011
Heheh, I plan to release some teaser artwork soon, and Elora will probably be first, due to her being easiest to draw for me (still haven't got dragons down pat). smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me