First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
More The Legend of Spyro and NOT Skylanders [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#51 Posted: 05:23:05 02/07/2011
Quote: Darby
Actually, they can do more with TLoS. They said so themselves. Because the Universe kicked off with a 'Trilogy', means nothing. Evn with the 'happy ending', which has been said countless times. I'm still not even clear on what happened in the end.
I'm not saying they're going to return to TLoS. They more than likely aren't. Actually, I'm positive they aren't.

I'm not totally satisfied with Skylanders. It looks okay, just not my ideal type of game. I'm looking forward to what they do with Spyro afterwards. And I'm not complaining about Skylanders, even though I'm not interested.

You can say the exact same thing about both series of Spyro, even with Skylanders.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#52 Posted: 05:56:20 02/07/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
it's just a blatant cash cow.

And Final Fantasy isn't, with it's constant remakes and spinoffs?

Oh, I'm going to hear it.....
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#53 Posted: 06:51:44 02/07/2011
Quote: CAV

At least the games are innovative, unlike Skylanders.
I have never denied that Final Fantasy was a cash cow. But, unlike other cash cows, the games are still very good quality, and they try to innovate, and change things up.

Oh, and Final Fantasy does not make you by toys in order to use a character....it just makes the figurines an optional collectors item.

@semp123: Again, at least I don't have to buy a ton o' toys.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:57:47 02/07/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#54 Posted: 11:27:49 02/07/2011
Quote: CAV

I have never denied that Final Fantasy was a cash cow. But, unlike other cash cows, the games are still very good quality, and they try to innovate, and change things up.

Oh, and Final Fantasy does not make you by toys in order to use a character....it just makes the figurines an optional collectors item.

@semp123: Again, at least I don't have to buy a ton o' toys.

Lol, you always try and talk in terms of facts, but you don't, in the end it's just your own opinion you're explaining.
---
#55 Posted: 12:01:05 02/07/2011
Skylanders....is not innovative...fact...the gameplay is hardly new, and the toys are memory sticks in disguise...if anything, it looks like a "My First Action RPG" type deal...

Final Fantasy does try to innovate. Fact. Play Dissidia, or Dissidia 012. There are so many things in Dissidia you will not find anywhere else. And that's just one game.

Also, take note of how Final Fantasy is one of the most popular video game franchises in existence. Surely, it would need to be of very good quality and have a lot of innovation to be popular.
---
#56 Posted: 12:08:56 02/07/2011
Skylanders....is not innovative...fact...the gameplay is hardly new, and the toys are memory sticks in disguise...if anything, it looks like a "My First Action RPG" type deal...

Final Fantasy does try to innovate. Fact. Play Dissidia, or Dissidia 012. There are so many things in Dissidia you will not find anywhere else. And that's just one game.

Also, take note of how Final Fantasy is one of the most popular video game franchises in existence. Surely, it would need to be of very good quality and have a lot of innovation to be popular.

Okay, it mainly still sounds like it's opinionated but whatever, I don't care much.

You could still say the same for Call of Duty because that is a popular francise aswell right?
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#57 Posted: 12:23:07 02/07/2011
How about The Legend of Skylanders
#58 Posted: 12:28:02 02/07/2011
Yes, I would say the same for CoD. Personally, I don't really like CoD. But that doesn't mean I think it's a bad quality game. I just have a personal distaste for the game. I find it too repetitive, and I don't enjoy it's gameplay enough to embrace the repitition. But the controls are fine, graphics aren't that bad, and it can be a good laugh every once in a while. And Zombies is fun. So, while I may not like the game, that's different from thinking it's of bad quality. CoD is of good quality, but it's not terribly innovative, and I'm not an FPS fan. Final Fantasy is of good quality, is pretty innovative, and I like RPG's, so naturally, I would not like a CoD game too much on a personal level, and would love an FF game on a personal level.

As for Skylanders, it looks alright, but as I said, it looks like a watered down LoS game. I just replayed the LoS trilogy recently, and in TEN and DotD, you can make some really diverse combos, and the puzzling and platforming is great. However, ANB is very repetitive and the combat is too simple. I was really looking forward to ANB, as even the people here who aren't LoS fans said it was very good. I'm basically afraid Skylanders will be more like ANB as opposed to TEN and DotD. And it doesn't look at all like the Classics.
---
#59 Posted: 15:37:15 02/07/2011

And Skylanders isn't, by allowing a toy to be your "controller"? And how would you know if this game is bad quality or not? Did you play it?

And honestly, I didn't find many FF games to be innovative.
#60 Posted: 15:42:57 02/07/2011

These aren't really fact. They're more your opinion.......

The problem with that being? Yes, they are memory sticks, but at the same time, it's something new since it also works as the portal for that particular character, and unlike what you've said in the past, there's no loading time.

Not always. I've played Dissidia. It wasn't anything special. I didn't see any innovation in there.

The reason why it has sold as much as it has is because of their constant re-releasing and spinoff titles, which the fanboys would easily get without second thought. Of course they're going to sell over 100 million! They make several games even when it's often the same game but released on a newer system.

You can say "fact" as much as you want, but at the end of the day, it isn't fact. It's still your opinion. Fact.
#61 Posted: 15:45:52 02/07/2011
No, it's not innovative at all. And the toy is not your controller. The toys are a prettied up memory stick, that's all.
Did I say Skylanders was bad quality? I thought I specifically said I was just worried it would be another ANB (which is a backed up point, from all the gameplay videos).

How many have ya played? It's a huge franchise...better yet, what ones?
---
#62 Posted: 15:50:04 02/07/2011
Note how I put quotations to the word controller, for lack of a better term.

You talk about FF having good quality games, as if it's something Skylanders already lacks.

Only Dissidia and the FF I remake on PS1. That's why I didn't go in depth about overall quality.
#63 Posted: 16:16:32 02/07/2011
@Post 60

The problem is that it costs money. I'd hate if Dissidia's or SSBB's 30+ characters required money for each individual character. But at least those games have really good gameplay. When I first seen the trailers for those, I was really excited because the gameplay was fun, and unique. Skylanders looks dull and generic so far.

How long did you play Dissidia for?

But for people to buy re-releases, the original needs to be have been really good. And again, the mainstream installments need to be great to want spin-offs. And the spin-offs are full-on games in their own right.

I didn't say everything was fact, I said that FF games being good quality is fact, and that Skylanders not being innovative is fact. The gameplay is lacking a lot, and the toy thing is just a memory stick in disguise. Memory sticks are nothing new.

@Post 62:
There is a better term....memory sticks in disguise! :3

No, I talked about FF being of good quality in no relation to Skylanders. I then gave my worries on Skylanders.

.............You've played a remake of the first game and one other game, and you act like you know tons about the franchise? I don't even act like that....
---
#64 Posted: 16:44:18 02/07/2011
Opinion, not fact.

I played Dissidia for some time (don't remember exact amount).

Yes, but all of these games still make it obvious that the game would sell over 100 million copies. That doesn't necessarilly mean most popular of all time. It means one of the best selling.

That is just about everything. smilie And they aren't fact, since others will disagree. You cannot disagree with fact. You can, however, disagree with opinion.

IYO.

Ok then.

I didn't act like that. Again, that is the reason I didn't go deep into the quality of the games. I cannot do so.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:40 02/07/2011 by CAV
#65 Posted: 17:11:25 02/07/2011
Now you are either twisting my words or completely misinterpreting them. I said Skylanders not being innovative was fact. I didn't say the extra cost being a problem was fact. I'm well aware there are millionaires on this site.

Well then, what other game have you seen things like booster accessories, play plans, and such? Or even the battle system? I have never played a game other than Dissidia with such a battle system. And then there is Dissidia 012's new features.

No, because you could release a ton of games, and have nobody buy them. The quality of a franchise and how well it's advertised determine how well it does, not the amount of installments. And I didn't say "most popular", I said "one of the most popular". And a game has to be popular to sell well. So if it's one of the best selling, it's one of the most popular.

No, there was a lot more in my posts. And maybe the toy thing is innovative...at being a bad addition to the game. And I do believe someone posted a topic showing a game that used a similar mechanic. So it's nothing new.

Actually, it's a fact that's what they are. Limited memory sticks made to look pretty. There is nothing more to them. "Toys with brains" is just a fancy name. It should be "toys with integrated memory storage".

You claimed it "not many FF games are innovative". You've only played two. Only a person who knows a lot about the franchise should make such a claim.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#66 Posted: 18:08:49 02/07/2011
This topic is going nowhere, so I'm just going to say my thoughts here;

No, I feel that The Legend of Spyro has gotten old. I'm fed up with that franchise, and it's just too dark. As for Skylanders, I feel that Skylanders will give a fresh new look on the franchise. Spyro is a Child's franchise, not a Teen franchise, which Legend was.
But that's just my opinion.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#67 Posted: 19:02:56 02/07/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
This topic is going nowhere, so I'm just going to say my thoughts here;

No, I feel that The Legend of Spyro has gotten old. I'm fed up with that franchise, and it's just too dark. As for Skylanders, I feel that Skylanders will give a fresh new look on the franchise. Spyro is a Child's franchise, not a Teen franchise, which Legend was.
But that's just my opinion.

Spyro was never for teens or kids. It was for everyone.
And honestly, I don't get what people mean by "too dark". ANB had hardly any darkness whatsoever.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#68 Posted: 00:52:06 03/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Actually, they can do more with TLoS. They said so themselves. Because the Universe kicked off with a 'Trilogy', means nothing. Evn with the 'happy ending', which has been said countless times. I'm still not even clear on what happened in the end.
I'm not saying they're going to return to TLoS. They more than likely aren't. Actually, I'm positive they aren't.

I'm not totally satisfied with Skylanders. It looks okay, just not my ideal type of game. I'm looking forward to what they do with Spyro afterwards. And I'm not complaining about Skylanders, even though I'm not interested.

You can say the exact same thing about both series of Spyro, even with Skylanders.

I'm aware, I never said you couln't.
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#69 Posted: 02:49:28 03/07/2011
I love how the creator of this topic only wanted to explain why they wanted TLOS to continue instead of Skylanders being made but of course a whole bunch of people jump in and kinda act rude about it. I mean if you know you are gonna come here and just say "Well too bad, Skylanders is being made" or something along those lines, thats a bit harsh isnt it? I mean I myself am not interest in continuing TLOS and barely interested in trying Skylanders, but still. Its really unnessesary.
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#70 Posted: 04:31:45 03/07/2011
Quote: SpyroSparxfan1
I love how the creator of this topic only wanted to explain why they wanted TLOS to continue instead of Skylanders being made but of course a whole bunch of people jump in and kinda act rude about it. I mean if you know you are gonna come here and just say "Well too bad, Skylanders is being made" or something along those lines, thats a bit harsh isnt it? I mean I myself am not interest in continuing TLOS and barely interested in trying Skylanders, but still. Its really unnessesary.

... explain? he didn't explain anything... he simply said "more legend of spyro and NOT skylanders". he didn't explain why he wanted more TLoS and not skylanders at all.
so sorry if i sound rude or anything. :l just saying.
---
but i love it all smooth
#71 Posted: 06:53:14 03/07/2011
If i recall he didnt get the chance to. Considering the next post was just someone telling him pretty much that They are making Skylanders, get over it. At least thats how i took that post.
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
#72 Posted: 08:54:04 03/07/2011
If i recall he didnt get the chance to. Considering the next post was just someone telling him pretty much that They are making Skylanders, get over it. At least thats how i took that post.

Well it is true, whether you like it or not, it's being made.
---
#73 Posted: 09:02:41 03/07/2011
I don't care for TLOS continuing and i barely have interest in playing Skylander's. I'm just saying the way she put it was a bit rude. Besides people can come on here and show just how they feel. This person just says they want TLOS to continue. Of course they know Skylander's is being made. So they made a topic to talk about it, not to be bashed on.
---
#74 Posted: 09:07:46 03/07/2011
I don't care for TLOS continuing and i barely have interest in playing Skylander's. I'm just saying the way she put it was a bit rude. Besides people can come on here and show just how they feel. This person just says they want TLOS to continue. Of course they know Skylander's is being made. So they made a topic to talk about it, not to be bashed on.

I guess that shows how unbalanced this fanbase really is.
---
#75 Posted: 16:03:18 03/07/2011

And Original fans were bothered when TLoS told that to them about TLoS being made, so it's really hypocritcal that they're acting the same way now.
"Now they know how we felt."
If anything, I think original fans should be understanding, but that's just not how things work I guess. ^.^
#76 Posted: 16:37:38 03/07/2011

And Original fans were bothered when TLoS told that to them about TLoS being made, so it's really hypocritcal that they're acting the same way now.
"Now they know how we felt."
If anything, I think original fans should be understanding, but that's just not how things work I guess. ^.^

Yep, for some reason I feel like I need revenge on people who didn't care about how the original fans felt and just ignored them that it's happening, and now I feel like it's my turn now.
---
#77 Posted: 18:50:08 03/07/2011
Sigh, I just think its ridiculous how the fanbase has to even be split up. I myself prefer the original Spyro, but I still play all the games because I want to support the Spyro games. I didnt completely hate TLOS. Skylanders I'm still a bit on the fence about.
---
#78 Posted: 19:03:46 03/07/2011
Okay, right, because that solves everything.

^ And I find it ridiculous too. I stopped even looking in the DotD section and Skylanders sections for a long time, and I was happier. Now I look back here and it's ridiculous how many stupid arguments there are.
#79 Posted: 19:14:28 03/07/2011
Yeah...sorry 'bout that... smilie;
---
#80 Posted: 19:53:05 03/07/2011
Sigh, I just think its ridiculous how the fanbase has to even be split up. I myself prefer the original Spyro, but I still play all the games because I want to support the Spyro games. I didnt completely hate TLOS. Skylanders I'm still a bit on the fence about.

If I don't like a game in a franchise, I don't play it, I wouldn't want to torture myself in playing a game that doesn't interest me just because I am supporting it, that makes no sense, and I don't see how it can support it anyway, it's not like you're showing or proving to anyone, and why would you want to do that anyway? Just play the games you like and ignore the ones you don't.
---
#81 Posted: 04:08:15 04/07/2011
I've enjoyed all of the original games, and remotely enjoyed the others. This is the DOTD section so of course people who post here are gonna love the Legend series more. Yet people always decide to come here and mad at others. They shouldnt come here to bash on others for liking this particular part of the franchise.
---
InsaneAlphaBeta Green Sparx Gems: 194
#82 Posted: 05:33:19 04/07/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
This topic screams fanboy.
You're post screams *Ignorance*
if you cant understand the fact that this is simply that guys opinion then don't post, all you will do is cause trouble.

more to the point, in my opinion the series ended exactly the way it should have, a good happy ending.
im curios what else they could come up with, TLOS was a good franchise, story gameplay and sound wise.

Activision said if Skylander sales well, they will make *The next Spyro game*

i hope Estranges Libellules is the one who makes it.

^ And I find it ridiculous too. I stopped even looking in the DotD section and Skylanders sections for a long time, and I was happier. Now I look back here and it's ridiculous how many stupid arguments there are.
Yeah, even though im new here, ive been on Bungie.net for a while, (there are tons of aurgments/trolls/idiots) so when it comes to arguments liek these, well im used to them, doesnt really affect me =P

though it doesnt matter what site it is, or who it affects, its still ridiculous.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:49:07 04/07/2011 by InsaneAlphaBeta
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#83 Posted: 06:01:04 04/07/2011
I personally thought Sierra was the best Spyro company. But I'm not going to argue. How cheesy would that be if the next Spyro game after SSA was called "The Next Spyro Game."
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#84 Posted: 11:04:23 04/07/2011
Sierra did nothing but publish the thing themselves, If they did it would of been great with the track record of Space and King quest.
#85 Posted: 14:40:06 04/07/2011
Sierra Entertainment did not develop the Legend of Spyro, they just published it, Krome Studios developed the first two Legend of Spyro games and are well known for developing TY the Tasmanian Tiger, and for the final part of the series, Estranges Libellules developed it.
---
InsaneAlphaBeta Green Sparx Gems: 194
#86 Posted: 17:52:59 04/07/2011
Quote: Fireball
I personally thought Sierra was the best Spyro company. But I'm not going to argue. How cheesy would that be if the next Spyro game after SSA was called "The Next Spyro Game."
i say *The Next Spyro Game* becuase in Skylanders, Spyro plays a very small part and is not the main character, so when i say *The Next Spyro Game* i mean the next game where spyro is the main character,

Sierra Entertainment did not develop the Legend of Spyro, they just published it, Krome Studios developed the first two Legend of Spyro games and are well known for developing TY the Tasmanian Tiger, and for the final part of the series, Estranges Libellules developed it.
Oh ok, i forgot, thanks.
#87 Posted: 19:41:16 04/07/2011
Quote: InsaneAlphaBeta
Quote: Fireball
i say *The Next Spyro Game* becuase in Skylanders, Spyro plays a very small part and is not the main character, so when i say *The Next Spyro Game* i mean the next game where spyro is the main character,

Oh ok, i forgot, thanks.

No problem, just thought you'd find it interesting.
---
NathanielCook97 Red Sparx Gems: 35
#88 Posted: 00:31:27 08/07/2011
I just hope they don't take out Cynder I mean come on... those two are destined to be mates... it just sucks to know that Cynder may be done for and out of the rest of the Spyro series...
but I heard that they're making a far different game rather than another one like Skylanders so I'm okay, I just need to know that my two dragons will be a living legend forever more (:
#89 Posted: 00:55:52 08/07/2011
^ Where'd you hear that last bit, anyway?

And I mean, Cynder was only in TLoS. Just like Elora was only in the Originals. Maybe old characters will come back in the future, who knows, with Spyro being rebooted again and all.

I remember thinking they'd not reboot Spyro again..
#90 Posted: 01:07:06 08/07/2011
I heard from two guys down at game stop when I traded in Dead Space and Black ops for Dawn of the Dragon.

si si I've noticed that myself, I think it would be nice to see a family reunion of some sort in a certain one, and to give it a good twist they should put all the evil characters in it from the first Spyro to the last (that includes some of the bosses). eeh I'd like to see something like that happen but yeah... just brain storming...
darkdragon3809 Gold Sparx Gems: 2264
#91 Posted: 02:57:39 08/07/2011
Quote: Aura24
The Legend of Spyro was just a story trilogy, and it ended with a happy ending. If fans want another LoS game so bad, they can make the game themselves and make up their own sequels, because Skylanders is being made anyways.

I concur. WTF does concur mean?
#92 Posted: 05:48:52 08/07/2011
Quote: NathanielCook97
I just hope they don't take out Cynder I mean come on... those two are destined to be mates... it just sucks to know that Cynder may be done for and out of the rest of the Spyro series...
but I heard that they're making a far different game rather than another one like Skylanders so I'm okay, I just need to know that my two dragons will be a living legend forever more (:

No disrespect to you, but that is the most corny thing I've ever heard, I'd rather think about something else than that, that's another reason why I like the original Spyro's personality, he hated the idea of falling in love, and I think that's funny.
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#93 Posted: 05:50:12 08/07/2011
^Yeah. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#94 Posted: 05:57:06 08/07/2011
eeh don't care... I'm just another fan so yeah... I just love everything that has to do with Spyro and Cynder is one of them, but that's if you ask me...
#95 Posted: 05:58:40 08/07/2011
Quote: NathanielCook97
eeh don't care... I'm just another fan so yeah... I just love everything that has to do with Spyro and Cynder is one of them, but that's if you ask me...

That's fair enough, I'm not trying to annoy you, it's just that I wanted to state sort of how I feel to the aspect of Spyro and Cynder and the answer for me is: Cornyness (if that's even a word) But you get what I mean, I hope.
---
darkdragon3809 Gold Sparx Gems: 2264
#96 Posted: 06:16:24 08/07/2011
Wait, now I'm confused
#97 Posted: 06:17:41 08/07/2011
Quote: darkdragon3809
Wait, now I'm confused

How come?
---
#98 Posted: 10:12:16 08/07/2011
Original Spyro hated the idea of falling in love because he was at the age where he starts to take a vague interest in the subject, or in his case, Elora. But seeing others around him being in love made him jealous, and thus, he acted as if he hated the concept. I can tell that's what he was feeling, as I went through the exact same thing, and in a very similar way. It's also very common to see a similar scenario on many TV shows. Many people go through it IRL.
---
#99 Posted: 16:02:21 08/07/2011
I'm just randomly going to bring this in here, as i feel it fits this topic most.

I wish Cynder turned against Spyro in the end of DotD. Cynder was really against Spyro all along, pretending to be on his side. She'd straight out choose Malefor, then turn Dark or Corrupted.
And a darker ending would be if Spyro gave in to Malefor and turned to Dark Spyro. Then there wouldn't be anyone left to fight him, and it'd be a tragic ending. ;___; (That's if Cynder was evil all along) Otherwise, if Cynder was truely on the good side, she'd try to turn him back.
Either way, I think they'd both make interesting endings.

I think especially then, they could continue beyond TLoS trilogy. They still can, but that'd be an interesting ending to carry on from.
#100 Posted: 19:19:18 08/07/2011
I'd like if she done some big thing that seemed evil and traitorous, but turned out it was for good intentions. I'd rather she'd not turn bad, as one heel face turn was enough for me. I also prefer her good as it means she will try to atone for her mistakes, and also try to get her head straight. If she turned out to be evil, she'd just get all destruction obsessed and that would be that, leaving no room for interesting character development. I'm happy with DotD's ending, as it left some good questions. Whether or not they'll be answered...
---
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me