More The Legend of Spyro and NOT Skylanders [CLOSED]
Liam Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#1 Posted: 17:48:41 25/06/2011 | Topic Creator
we wish that activision make other game of the legend of spyro
---
Different Gear, Still Speeding
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:06:55 25/06/2011
The Legend of Spyro was just a story trilogy, and it ended with a happy ending. If fans want another LoS game so bad, they can make the game themselves and make up their own sequels, because Skylanders is being made anyways.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:01 25/06/2011 by Aura24
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#3 Posted: 18:28:37 25/06/2011
If Skylanders succeeds, the producers said Spyro might get his own series again.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#4 Posted: 18:32:37 25/06/2011
I'd rather they'd continued TLoS, but we can't change it.
PurpleEye Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#5 Posted: 20:05:05 25/06/2011
Yeah. But there might be hope:

They will see that there are many fans that are declairing that they wont buy there games and want money. so they start thinking and go back to doing Tlos. Then everyone is happy!

...And why am I in a percuilier white box with letters everywhere?!
---
dat dog dance
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#6 Posted: 20:29:27 25/06/2011
another game? why cant ANY of you be satisfied?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#7 Posted: 21:30:05 25/06/2011
i agree with lyradragon; TLoS is a TRILOGY, which means 3 games... and it had a happy ending. how could you continue it? and skylanders IS coming out... it IS hard to make the fandom happy. ._.
---
but i love it all smooth
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#8 Posted: 21:43:49 25/06/2011
You know...replaying the games helps...just finished ANB, and I'll be doin' TEN tomorrow...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Cynderjewel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1058
#9 Posted: 22:22:03 25/06/2011
Quote: Darby
I'd rather they'd continued TLoS, but we can't change it.

Agreed.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#10 Posted: 23:53:10 25/06/2011
I'd rather play Skylanders and ETD over TLOS any day.

my gosh, they better not make another TLOS game

Quote: Liam
we wish that activision make other game of the legend of spyro

there is no 'we'
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:00 25/06/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#11 Posted: 23:57:40 25/06/2011
Why do some fans think they can speak for all Spyro fans? Seriously?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#12 Posted: 23:59:01 25/06/2011
Quote: Aura24
The Legend of Spyro was just a story trilogy, and it ended with a happy ending. If fans want another LoS game so bad, they can make the game themselves and make up their own sequels, because Skylanders is being made anyways.

I agree with this 100%. TLOS was a trilogy. It doesn't make sense to continue it. It's not like the originals, were there is a different evil in every game. The whole purpose of TLOS was to stop Malefor. Yes, there was a different villain in every game, but Malefor was the main villain. We have done that, and there is now peace.
---
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#13 Posted: 02:33:22 26/06/2011
TLoS ended, and as much as I would, personally, like it to continue, it's finished. Actvision appear to be aiming towards money. Not saying Skylanders won't be Okay, but LoS is done.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#14 Posted: 03:30:53 26/06/2011
A trilogy is a trilogy. It should only have 3 installments, and should end there, especially seeing how DotD ended. To continue it is to destroy any sort of impact the trilogy made on us, seeing how it would be obvious that they would be making a fourth game simply to try and get sales out of it.

^That also sums up my thoughts on Halo 4.

Also, the games didn't sell very well, and got lukewarm reception by both fans and critics. Why would they go back to them when it's clearly a dead end?
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#15 Posted: 04:22:39 26/06/2011
They shouldn't make another LoS. It's finished, and that's that. To add another one would be stupid, it would probably end up being really bad, like all those Disney sequels they do!
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#16 Posted: 06:08:41 26/06/2011
I love TLOS, but like everyone else has said, it's over. Making a sequel to a story that's already ended probably wouldn't end well. Besides, no matter what you say, skylanders is coming out in September, so complaining isn't going to get you anywhere. smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#17 Posted: 06:14:38 26/06/2011
The title of this topic just spells out 'Childish' straight away. It's like me going on a rage and saying "No more Skylanders, bring back the Original trilogy" and I would probably have a lot more people have a go at me for that.

As I've said to a LoS fan before, now LoS fans know how Original fans feel.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#18 Posted: 07:01:44 26/06/2011
you see, ther was a thing called the Star Wars trilogy, but it was just the last three movies, I dont see why not(continue the LoS series)
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
PurpleEye Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#19 Posted: 07:36:04 26/06/2011
it dident actually say it was a trilogy though. its a series and besides, Activision and all the rest will do what the'll need to do to get money. Tlos made thousands.

Like SpyroD said star wars was said, be a trilogy. It was six movies blimming movies that kicked butts!
---
dat dog dance
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#20 Posted: 09:41:38 26/06/2011
This topic screams fanboy.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#21 Posted: 09:53:30 26/06/2011
Quote: PurpleEye
it dident actually say it was a trilogy though. its a series and besides, Activision and all the rest will do what the'll need to do to get money. Tlos made thousands.

Like SpyroD said star wars was said, be a trilogy. It was six movies blimming movies that kicked butts!

I actually believe someone did state it was a trilogy somewhere didn't they...?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#22 Posted: 10:48:55 26/06/2011
Quote: SpyroD
you see, ther was a thing called the Star Wars trilogy, but it was just the last three movies, I dont see why not(continue the LoS series)

Yes, and did you notice that the newest three of the Star Wars series was set before the orignal three?
And it's not about the origins of a specific character, it still is apart of a major storyline, LoS storyline is a rehash of the Lord of the Rings, that's why there is only three, and you can't really add any before or afters, and if you did one on a specific character, I really doubt that it would do very well considering that Spyro won't be in it, when people complain that Spyro should be a main character, so there is really nothing you can do to revive the series once again.
---
#23 Posted: 12:05:20 26/06/2011
The "trilogy" thing means nothing to me. Many trilogies actually end up going beyond three installments, such as Classic Spyro. They did say they wanted to expand LoS at some point, and that Skylanders is Activision's request, essentially. So it could continue after Skylanders is done. Can't guarantee it will happen, but we can't guarantee it won't.
---
#24 Posted: 17:54:00 26/06/2011
If Skylanders succeeds, Spyro might get his own series. Will they continue after LoS? Only time can tell.
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#25 Posted: 21:30:31 26/06/2011
Quote: PurpleEye

it didn't? i thought somewhere it did say TLoS was a trilogy...
and yes, TLoS made thousands, but it didn't make as much as the classic spyro. so they're taking a new approach with skylanders. like you said, activision and the rest will do what they need to for money.
but i honestly don't see how they can continue TLoS, it had a happy ending, right? :I let's just hope skylanders sells well and find out. :P
---
but i love it all smooth
#26 Posted: 22:51:37 26/06/2011
Shauni...
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#27 Posted: 03:56:22 27/06/2011
Quote: CAV
A trilogy is a trilogy. It should only have 3 installments, and should end there, especially seeing how DotD ended. To continue it is to destroy any sort of impact the trilogy made on us, seeing how it would be obvious that they would be making a fourth game simply to try and get sales out of it.

^That also sums up my thoughts on Halo 4.

Also, the games didn't sell very well, and got lukewarm reception by both fans and critics. Why would they go back to them when it's clearly a dead end?

Expect that ended the story arc, not the universe's settings
#28 Posted: 07:00:28 27/06/2011
If they wanted to continue LoS, they would need to think of a brand new storyline, nothing of a rehash of anything else, they would need to spend time on giving the characters proper personalities, and not only give each one, a few lines. The gameplay would need to be greatly improved, it can't just be a simple beat 'em up, then traveling, then another half an hour of beat 'em up. I think that type of gameplay is dated, even the gameplay of the Original series is dated too, there would need to be something completly different, a lot would need to be done, I could say the same for the Original series really.

To be honest though, I think if they wanted to save all the annoying hassle between fans, they should ignore the fans, and do what they think is best with the newer ones that don't know any different. I think that's how they would make more money.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#29 Posted: 07:02:49 27/06/2011
^ I guess they are doing whats best. with skylanders and all, you know?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#30 Posted: 09:11:56 27/06/2011
Here is a very bad idea that TLOS universe evolved into Skylanders.

Cynder died and spyro got so sad he began to turn ugly, everyone else he knew vanished and the chronicler said "F^&^&$* to this" and incinerated the books. Then the world got really bad change as spyro did a **** job at reforming the planet which explains why it's all floating down endless spirals you know and for some reason all these creatures came out of nowhere. They made a place called skylanders and then started to hire deadbeat dead cow video game characters so they hired Spyro, a gun nut who plays too much shooters and a murloc who got tired of the level feeding all those lvl 11's did to him in Lodearon. Finally Ripto arrived from melting in Universe classic and saw what had become of the franchise, he shat bricks and turned human too keep himself from dieing from shock under the name Kaos.

Oh by the way Prism break is that gollum who really hated you bro, his coming for you
#31 Posted: 10:44:35 27/06/2011
If were talking about being dated, Skylanders is the most dated game yet. It's a fighting focused game without jumping...meaning no aerial juggles...how do you expect to make an up to date fighting game without aerial juggles? The fighting in this is just shoot, shoot, shoot.
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#32 Posted: 17:26:05 27/06/2011
If people really want LoS continued...
Go to the fanfiction forum. Its got numerous LoS fanfics, and that's as close as you'll get.

I also have an LoS series there, and at times it can't get to a point where it could very easily be a game. Or movie.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:53 27/06/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#33 Posted: 03:26:13 28/06/2011
So classic fanfics are literally dead and LoS still lives?.

We are harvestor
#34 Posted: 03:44:18 28/06/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
If people really want LoS continued...
Go to the fanfiction forum. Its got numerous LoS fanfics, and that's as close as you'll get.

I also have an LoS series there, and at times it can't get to a point where it could very easily be a game. Or movie.

In order for any book to become a game, it would have to have a lot of action. If not that, adventure and drama. Although there are games that don't have any action but still have adventure and puzzle-solving that makes the game good.

If you were to try to turn a book that has nearly or completely no action whatsoever into a game, it would most likely be just as crappy as EtD. Same goes for a movie.
---
timmy16 Red Sparx Gems: 88
#35 Posted: 05:14:48 28/06/2011
the los can not end, they must go on !!!
---
we fear not deth
#36 Posted: 05:19:05 28/06/2011
If you want the LoS to continue so badly, timmy, why not make a sequel of it yourself?
---
#37 Posted: 05:20:51 28/06/2011
The fact is, you wouldn't be able to. There's a 99% chance that you will never have the sole-rights to Spyro, declaring that you can never make your own official Spyro game.
---
#38 Posted: 05:29:40 30/06/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
The title of this topic just spells out 'Childish' straight away. It's like me going on a rage and saying "No more Skylanders, bring back the Original trilogy" and I would probably have a lot more people have a go at me for that.

Which is very hypocritical.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#39 Posted: 08:55:53 30/06/2011
Quote: LyraDragon
another game? why cant ANY of you be satisfied?

Agreed. The movie from Los Thrilogy would have been great thing . But the thrilogy has ended no more Los games if you ask from me.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#40 Posted: 11:22:50 30/06/2011

Which is very hypocritical.

Is it? I guess so.
---
DawnDragoness Red Sparx Gems: 27
#41 Posted: 17:39:06 30/06/2011
A series with Sparx, right? And the original characters. You can't have Spyro WITHOUT Sparx. I liked the LoS characters too! smilie the LoS was great. And I hope more arcadey classics come out smilie

Good luck, Spyro!

(In that case, I'll have to buy Spyro Skylanders, so I help Spyro get a series smilie)
---
Spyro is the best game in the world. I especially liked Shadow Legacy, Year of the Dragon, and Enter the Dragonfly.
DawnDragoness Red Sparx Gems: 27
#42 Posted: 17:41:08 30/06/2011
I miss Original games too T.T But I reaally also like LoS. Hope the Skylanders work out, n Sparx comes back. T.T maybe Spyro will get a series like LoS, but eggs go missing or something. And there is an arcadey game, but with a LoS feel! Then, everyone wins o.O
---
Spyro is the best game in the world. I especially liked Shadow Legacy, Year of the Dragon, and Enter the Dragonfly.
#43 Posted: 18:21:59 30/06/2011
Don't have to double post, Dawn. There is an edit button on your posts.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#44 Posted: 19:33:26 30/06/2011
Not everyone liked LOS.

TBH, while I am excited for Skylanders, I still wish they'd keep both Original and LOS going at some point. That's really the only way I can see to please the fans (except those who can't stand an Original or LOS game simply existing).

Or...they could add more Spyro characters to Skylanders.

I can dream, can't I?
#45 Posted: 19:12:57 01/07/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
The "trilogy" thing means nothing to me. Many trilogies actually end up going beyond three installments, such as Classic Spyro. They did say they wanted to expand LoS at some point, and that Skylanders is Activision's request, essentially. So it could continue after Skylanders is done. Can't guarantee it will happen, but we can't guarantee it won't.

I like the way you think.
#46 Posted: 21:14:42 01/07/2011

I like the way you think.

[User Posted Image]
...Thanks?
---
#47 Posted: 00:18:27 02/07/2011
People need to learn that beggars can't be choosers. They can't do any TLOS because it's finished. End of story.

Even I'm somewhat satisfied with Skylanders. It seems like it's the closest to the originals they're going to get it. And best of all, no Cynder-sue to outshine the other characters.

This. Definitely this. One of the things that made me angry at the fan base is the fact that they don't understand how we feel. They just brushed it off and said, 'lol what's done is done, deal with it'.

Now that their series has been replaced with Skylanders, they can now feel our pain. And now it's time for me to copy what they did to me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:55 02/07/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#48 Posted: 00:58:08 02/07/2011
Actually, they can do more with TLoS. They said so themselves. Because the Universe kicked off with a 'Trilogy', means nothing. Evn with the 'happy ending', which has been said countless times. I'm still not even clear on what happened in the end.
I'm not saying they're going to return to TLoS. They more than likely aren't. Actually, I'm positive they aren't.

I'm not totally satisfied with Skylanders. It looks okay, just not my ideal type of game. I'm looking forward to what they do with Spyro afterwards. And I'm not complaining about Skylanders, even though I'm not interested.
#49 Posted: 01:04:20 02/07/2011
I'm not really annoyed that LoS is not continuing, just annoyed with what's taking it's place. I'm not some mad Skylanders basher, but honestly, it's just a blatant cash cow. The gameplay itself is a dumbed down LoS, which annoys me...
---
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#50 Posted: 03:26:36 02/07/2011
Quote: Fireball
The fact is, you wouldn't be able to. There's a 99% chance that you will never have the sole-rights to Spyro, declaring that you can never make your own official Spyro game.

That's not Aura's point.

it's just a blatant cash cow

And continuing the LoS games after they ended isn't?
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me