First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Remember this? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 20:22:19 19/07/2011
Finally, the misunderstanding is over..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#52 Posted: 20:26:46 19/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Razz
I didn't even bother to read this, but, yeah, calm down Super. I wasn't talking about you. You want to know who else is a pretty big Insomniac Spyro fan? *raises hand* So stop making baseless assumptions and assuming everything is aimed at you when it isn't. My statement was a blanket, general one about fan behavior I've seen in multiple fandoms. If it makes you feel any better, the whiny fanboys I was thinking about when I wrote it are the ones who cry about how Activision "ruined" Spyro on dA when they draw DotD Spyro or Cynder.

Oh, I actually really didn't know you were aiming that to them, it just felt that everything was aimed at me and I was within this mixture of fans because it all came after I specifically posted about Insomniac and Spyro, I guess I should be sorry but then again I did not understand, that was a strange experience, I was actually really hurt because I try so hard to keep myself away from all that. I refused to trust what Aura24 was saying to me, because she was not the one who typed it up. It's so confusing on here sometimes.

No worries, Super. smilie We all have our off days and it's very easy to misunderstand what someone is saying when all you have to go on is typing. For the record, while I think some of the classic fans have been behaving badly over this (not you in specific), I've seen the exact same bad behavior from LoS fans and I was specifically remarking on that. Their crying over how evil Activision is cracks me up since they wouldn't have LoS if not for Activision. smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#53 Posted: 20:32:34 19/07/2011
I didn't even bother to read this, but, yeah, calm down Super. I wasn't talking about you. You want to know who else is a pretty big Insomniac Spyro fan? *raises hand* So stop making baseless assumptions and assuming everything is aimed at you when it isn't. My statement was a blanket, general one about fan behavior I've seen in multiple fandoms. If it makes you feel any better, the whiny fanboys I was thinking about when I wrote it are the ones who cry about how Activision "ruined" Spyro on dA when they draw DotD Spyro or Cynder.

Oh, I actually really didn't know you were aiming that to them, it just felt that everything was aimed at me and I was within this mixture of fans because it all came after I specifically posted about Insomniac and Spyro, I guess I should be sorry but then again I did not understand, that was a strange experience, I was actually really hurt because I try so hard to keep myself away from all that. I refused to trust what Aura24 was saying to me, because she was not the one who typed it up. It's so confusing on here sometimes.

No worries, Super. smilie We all have our off days and it's very easy to misunderstand what someone is saying when all you have to go on is typing. For the record, while I think some of the classic fans have been behaving badly over this (not you in specific), I've seen the exact same bad behavior from LoS fans and I was specifically remarking on that. Their crying over how evil Activision is cracks me up since they wouldn't have LoS if not for Activision. smilie

I feel like a stupid idiot if you want to know the truth, I always seem to be making mistakes on this site nearly all the time.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#54 Posted: 20:32:54 19/07/2011
@ Bold: Really? Did I?

More or less, yes.

You criticized me and Aura for responding to people that don't like the game, and accused us of not allowing other opinions.
#55 Posted: 20:36:08 19/07/2011
Quote: CAV
@ Bold: Really? Did I?

More or less, yes.

You criticized me and Aura for responding to people that don't like the game, and accused us of not allowing other opinions.

But it's true though, you two just couldn't accept it and leave it be, I'd rather talk about this in my Guestbook instead of on here, as I feel that I am spamming, at least don't make me make another mistake on that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:50 19/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#56 Posted: 20:40:18 19/07/2011
Don't beat yourself up too much over this, Super. We all goof up sometimes and, honestly, what happened here could happen to anyone. You've been having a tough day from what I've heard and it seems like you, CAV, and Aura get into it a lot. From what I've noticed, you don't seem to be the sort who is hating on Skylanders just because it isn't Insomniac/LoS, though I could be mistaken. Either way, as the unintentional instigator of this current row, I'm not upset by it all and you shouldn't be, either. smilie
#57 Posted: 20:44:19 19/07/2011
Don't beat yourself up too much over this, Super. We all goof up sometimes and, honestly, what happened here could happen to anyone. You've been having a tough day from what I've heard and it seems like you, CAV, and Aura get into it a lot. From what I've noticed, you don't seem to be the sort who is hating on Skylanders just because it isn't Insomniac/LoS, though I could be mistaken. Either way, as the unintentional instigator of this current row, I'm not upset by it all and you shouldn't be, either. smilie

Thank you very much, I don't really complain, but if someone asks my opinion of it, they must understand and be able to accept what I have to say to them no matter how negative it sounds.

I just think that Aura and CAV hate me so much, that they like to nit pick on me about stupid little things everytime, it's like one little thing I do wrong must become a real bad thing to them, I've come to the point where I know now that they really must dislike me. Perhaps I do make too many mistakes and that's the reason why they dislike to me so much, I don't know really.
---
#58 Posted: 21:00:39 19/07/2011
I talk to Aura off dS and I've talked with CAV in PMs some and I don't think they mean to be malicious. They're both friendly people but they've been pushed a bit far by some nasty people and tend to be blunt or harsher than they really mean to be, I think. They're not really trying to attack you, just defending something they like which is constantly under fire and not quite realizing that you aren't the people they're really trying to fight against.

It's like the people who try to talk to me about Cynder. On a good day, I can understand that most of these people don't know my history with her, her fans, and LoS fandom in general and they can't really see it my way. On my bad days, it just feels like they're attacking me and it devolves into a giant misunderstanding. I'm seeing the same thing happening over Skylanders with a lot of people.
#59 Posted: 21:00:47 19/07/2011
But it's true though, you two just couldn't accept it and leave it be, I'd rather talk about this in my Guestbook instead of on here, as I feel that I am spamming, at least don't make me make another mistake on that.

Couldn't accept it?

Since when did responding to someone mean you couldn't accept it?

I just think that Aura and CAV hate me so much, that they like to nit pick on me about stupid little things everytime, it's like one little thing I do wrong must become a real bad thing to them, I've come to the point where I know now that they really must dislike me. Perhaps I do make too many mistakes and that's the reason why they dislike to me so much, I don't know really.

I honestly don't get how I can hate you when I had you on my friend list. smilie
#60 Posted: 21:01:50 19/07/2011
not quite realizing that you aren't the people they're really trying to fight against.

I call out bull**** when I see it. That goes for anyone for any reason, honestly.

Do I mean to be an ass about it? Hardly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:35 19/07/2011 by CAV
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#61 Posted: 21:05:51 19/07/2011

I don't hate you, Super.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#62 Posted: 21:07:47 19/07/2011
I've noticed of late that you've begun to treat anyone who dislikes Skylanders the way I treat anyone who likes Cynder, CAV: you get prickly about it. It's easier said than done, but it might do you some good to step back from some of this stuff, or just ignore it outright. And I'll make the same recommendation I did to Aura: give Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" a read if you get the chance. I've read it and I do my best to remember what it says (sometimes easier said than done) and it really cuts down on the fights over a misunderstanding in forums.
#63 Posted: 21:14:54 19/07/2011
I honestly find Skylanders to be the least of my problems anymore.

Simply step into the Stuff and Nonsense forum and find a topic that involves Torok or Observer. There's where I really get prickly about things.
#64 Posted: 21:26:22 19/07/2011
So why do you keep going there? I avoid those forums like the plague, personally. I'm here to talk Spyro and I know that most of the more prickly users are in the non-Spyro boards. No sense in going somewhere I know I'll get into a fight. If I want to talk about another of my fannish interests, I'll look for a legitimate forum for those and not do it here.
#65 Posted: 21:30:05 19/07/2011
Because the rest of it is perfectly fine, and fits me like a glove. smilie
#66 Posted: 21:36:50 19/07/2011
Well, in that case, I don't have any sympathy for you. smilie If you get into fights in those boards, it's all on your own head.
#67 Posted: 21:39:27 19/07/2011
Pretty much. Though the only people to have ever picked fights with me are the usual whiners.

I don't want to sound emo or anything, but I personally blame life for my bitterness.
#68 Posted: 21:46:25 19/07/2011
Bitterness can be overcome, my friend. You can choose to be angry and spiteful about circumstances often beyond your control or choose to take them in stride. You've had some tough things happen to you and you're at a point in life where things are in a state of transition. Find happiness where you can and don't bother giving whiners the time of day if you can help it.
#69 Posted: 22:22:11 19/07/2011
If I wasn't forced into summer school where I'm held back regardless of if I go or not, I'd definately find time to be happy.

But enough about life. Back on topic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:45 19/07/2011 by CAV
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#70 Posted: 22:38:21 19/07/2011
Wow...topics change fast here...

But if you want my advice CAV, if life is making you feel bitter, just forget that you are even a living thing for a brief moment. Be dormant and lifeless. Life cannot harm anything that is lifeless. I know it sounds strange, but it works for me.

Also, if you have something on your mind that you wanna talk about, don't hesitate to contact me. I've noticed you change significantly over the last few months, and change does not come from nowhere. It has to be triggered. I'm more than willing to hear you out.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me