Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Remember this? [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#1 Posted: 18:54:54 12/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Remember back three years ago when we were all waiting for DotD to come out? Remember how we were going crazy about what Malefor would look like? Everyone was going crazy to find out what he looked like. It is hilarious now that you think about it. smilie He doesn't look a thing like what everyone wanted him to look like, it's funny. I just thought I might say this.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 20:57:34 12/06/2011
Hmm, I agree. smilie I thought he'd be like a ghost dragon for some reason, but he turned up heaps different to what I expected. smilie
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 22:07:24 12/06/2011
No... I don't remember that time. That's actually quite worrying, it was only 3 years ago...
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 14:16:01 13/06/2011
Yes. We were all waiting to see how Malefor would look, act, and sound like.

We found out that he looked like a mess, acted like a dumbass, and sounded absolutely terrible due to studio editing.
KylaNightwing99 Green Sparx Gems: 261
#5 Posted: 16:23:03 13/06/2011
I remember that too and i thought he was gonna be some bad arse dragon but NO he had to be some lame butt grandpa dragon with no life but following spyro and trying to destroy him i mean what a stalker/!!!
---
”The universe is deathless; Is deathless because, having no finite self, it stays infinite"- Tao te Ching
#6 Posted: 01:46:03 14/06/2011 | Topic Creator
He should have acted more young. He acted to old. (Well, he is more than 10 generations old.) He didn't really have a personality.
---
#7 Posted: 04:49:52 15/06/2011 | Topic Creator
I just realized how big Malefor actually is compared to Spyro and Cynder.

[User Posted Image]

O.O Wow, someone needs to lose weight.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:38 15/06/2011 by Fireball
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 16:23:05 15/06/2011
Malefor could have been bigger.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#9 Posted: 22:17:38 15/06/2011
And Ignitus & the Guardians are just as large, if you look at the Ruins of Warfang cutscene. They're ginormous.
#10 Posted: 22:50:05 15/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Malefor's about 40 inches while Spyro and Cynder are about 10 inches. That's a major difference.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#11 Posted: 07:10:56 16/06/2011
I thought Spyro and Cynder would be bigger. They'll still tiny. Spyro seems as small as his 'classic form'. Or maybe he is a little bigger.
And yeah, I thought Malefor would look more evil-looking. And his death...was just pathetic.
#12 Posted: 07:17:35 16/06/2011 | Topic Creator
They should have had Cynder kill Malefor. Like Malefor's about to kill Spyro when Cynder get's her evil powers back and kills him. That would be epic!

As for the size difference, some think that if they were in the real world, Malefor would be like 120 feet tall and Spyro would be 30 feet tall. That's actually really big. I'd hate to run across Malefor. O.O
---
#13 Posted: 19:54:27 17/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Is it just me, or am I the only person who thinks that Spyro and Cynder shrunk. O.O In ANB/TEN, Spyro and Cynder were half the size of the guardians. Now they're a 1/5 the size of them? You'd think the guardians wouldn't have grown much since their old.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#14 Posted: 14:53:45 22/06/2011
ANB/TEN was more cartoony, so the art style meant smaller bodies but bigger heads. DotD was the other way around.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#15 Posted: 20:07:08 22/06/2011
Quote: Fireball
Malefor's about 40 inches while Spyro and Cynder are about 10 inches. That's a major difference.

That's rather pathetic, and doesn't seem very huge. smilie
#16 Posted: 23:36:53 22/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but in the real world Spyro and Cynder would be 30 feet tall and Malefor would be 120 feet tall. Wow, that's even worse.
---
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#17 Posted: 17:28:16 14/07/2011
Malefor disappointed me entirely, I didn't even know he was a dragon until dotd, I thought he was a crazy wizard or something. Which in retrospect would be a whole lot more interesting. Of course there are no people in the game.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#18 Posted: 21:05:49 14/07/2011
He looked exactly the way I thought he would: like the art from TEN and the statue in the Temple in ANB. Only he looked considerably less cool and interesting and was a generally huge disappointment and pathetic excuse for a villain.
#19 Posted: 21:17:53 14/07/2011
Quote: Razz
He looked exactly the way I thought he would: like the art from TEN and the statue in the Temple in ANB. Only he looked considerably less cool and interesting and was a generally huge disappointment and pathetic excuse for a villain.

Thank you.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#20 Posted: 23:57:42 14/07/2011
in my honest opinion Malefor looked amazingly evil to me when I played TEN but when I got to what he really was he became one of the most dissapointing antogonists I ever seen. he had potential to be a great villain but they obviously made trash out of that.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
terradortime Green Sparx Gems: 351
#21 Posted: 08:34:16 18/07/2011
i dont know why but when i first saw malefor i started crackin up and thought to myself,"This is the dude that could destroy the world and turn cynder evil?????!!!!!"

i mean come on, the least they could do was make him look more badass and make him stronger.
---
my sick dragon
http://www.darkspyro.net/images/night/lair/lair-12H5IG337A1-Blackstorm+.jpg
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#22 Posted: 13:49:10 18/07/2011
Size matters not, honestly it's the nice ones you must beware
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#23 Posted: 13:50:25 18/07/2011
Quote: Jackson117
Size matters not, honestly it's the nice ones you must beware

That's what Vivi said.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:43 18/07/2011 by Paplok
#24 Posted: 20:08:26 18/07/2011 | Topic Creator
I honestly thought it would have been better if when Spyro and Cynder go to fight Malefor, they find that he really just a little pipsqueak trying to take over the world. That would have been funny. smilie
---
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#25 Posted: 21:59:39 18/07/2011
I just realized how big Malefor actually is compared to Spyro and Cynder.

[User Posted Image]

O.O Wow, someone needs to lose weight.

And to think, since Spyro is a purple dragon, he's probably going to be the same size as Malefor. O.o
---
N/A
#26 Posted: 08:34:49 19/07/2011
I honestly thought it would have been better if when Spyro and Cynder go to fight Malefor, they find that he really just a little pipsqueak trying to take over the world. That would have been funny. smilie

I can imagine Insomniac doing that kind of thing in a Spyro game if they still had the rights and wanted to keep making them.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#27 Posted: 17:35:22 19/07/2011
Insomniac never owned the rights to Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#28 Posted: 18:43:53 19/07/2011
Yep, Aura's got the right of it. Insomniac was contracted by Universal to make them a game. Universal hired a non-Insomniac artist to design the characters, and they all teamed up to make a game. After the three-game contract deal was up, Universal didn't renew with Insomniac and passed the game on to other developers. They're still doing that to this day under the Activision label.
#29 Posted: 18:49:01 19/07/2011
Yet some Classic loyalists still claim that Insomniac had owned Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#30 Posted: 18:55:55 19/07/2011
Fanboys aren't known for always doing their research. Part of the problem is often that they're willing to believe whatever it takes to prove their point and aren't really interested in doing any research to make sure. It cracks me up when people whine that Spyro should be taken away from Activision since it's essentially what gave us all of Spyro. smilie
#31 Posted: 18:59:01 19/07/2011
X3 Most of those fanboys are Activision-haters, but they fail to see that Universal Interactive, the one who gave them Spyro, is part of Activision now.
---
#32 Posted: 19:18:38 19/07/2011
Quote: Aura24
Insomniac never owned the rights to Spyro.

I do know that, I never said that Insomniac owned the rights to Spyro did I?

READ my comment properly, I said 'IF' Insomniac still had any rights, it doesn't mean to say that they had any rights in the first place, maybe I word it incorrectly, now I feel offended, I am indeed not a fanboy, and I hardly ever complain like I used to about it, and I am not a hatist to any of the other Spyro games, but I don't really like them either, seriously though is there really anything wrong in saying that 'I can imagine Insomniac doing that if they continued making Spyro games?' Do I really deserve this kind of feedback?!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:27 19/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#33 Posted: 19:24:23 19/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I can imagine Insomniac doing that kind of thing in a Spyro game if they still had the rights and wanted to keep making them.

^In this comment. Insomniac never owned Spyro in the first place. Or maybe you worded it out a little incorrectly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:33 19/07/2011 by Aura24
#34 Posted: 19:28:26 19/07/2011
Fanboys aren't known for always doing their research. Part of the problem is often that they're willing to believe whatever it takes to prove their point and aren't really interested in doing any research to make sure. It cracks me up when people whine that Spyro should be taken away from Activision since it's essentially what gave us all of Spyro. smilie

Do you ever see me whinning about later Spyro games recently? No.
I have done a lot of research on Spyro, and I worded it incorrectly, I don't see a problem with just generally saying that I could imagine Insomniac doing something like that.
Thank you for hurting my feelings in calling me a fanboy, you don't know how much that hurt, I do try not to be like that most of the time, and this is a response I would never expect from a user like yourself.
---
#35 Posted: 19:30:29 19/07/2011
^Razz wasn't talking about you, Super. She was talking about the raging Classic Spyro fanboys who rant and literally complain uncontrollably about their claims of 'Insomniac owning Spyro' elsewhere on the internet like on Youtube.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:55 19/07/2011 by Aura24
#36 Posted: 19:34:15 19/07/2011
^Razz wasn't talking about you, Super. She was talking about the raging Classic Spyro fanboys who rant and literally complain uncontrollably about their claims of 'Insomniac owning Spyro' elsewhere on the internet like on Youtube.

It felt like all of this was aimed at me Aura, I don't believe you right now, and just feel really offended, I try my hardest not to sound like a fanboy, and I feel really hurt.
---
#37 Posted: 19:36:08 19/07/2011
Or you perhaps didn't read her comments properly. If she was talking about you, you think she would've put 'he' and not 'they're' or 'them'.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#38 Posted: 19:43:39 19/07/2011

It felt like all of this was aimed at me Aura, I don't believe you right now, and just feel really offended, I try my hardest not to sound like a fanboy, and I feel really hurt.

I have honestly not seen anyone get so defensive over something so trivial.
#39 Posted: 19:44:30 19/07/2011
Or you perhaps didn't read her comments properly. If she was talking about you, you think she would've put 'he' and not 'they're' or 'them'.

It still felt like it was aimed at me though. I don't care what you say. Will you please stop replying now, all you do is make it worse everytime for me. That's a reason why I dislike you so much.
---
#40 Posted: 19:45:03 19/07/2011
Quote: bionicle2809

Me neither...

It still felt like it was aimed at me though. I don't care what you say. Will you please stop replying now, all you do is make it worse everytime for me. That's a reason why I dislike you so much.

Super, stop getting all personal about this. Razz's comment wasn't directed towards you. You're the only one here who is making it seem that Razz's comment is directing at you, and you're overreacting over it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:35 19/07/2011 by Aura24
#41 Posted: 19:49:36 19/07/2011

Me neither...

Super, stop getting all personal about this. Razz's comment wasn't directed towards you. You're the only one here who is making it seem that Razz's comment is directing at you, and you're overreacting over it.

What part of I don't believe you don't you understand? And you say I get personal over things? You can talk. You always seem to get annoyed when someone posts an opinion that's different to yours about Skylanders, and you seem to get all upset with them, you really have no feelings for anybody else it seems, I really don't see your point of view.
---
#42 Posted: 19:51:34 19/07/2011
Super, calm yourself down please. You getting all worked up over Razz's comment, that wasn't directed towards you at all, and getting all defensive over it, isn't going to help.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:13 19/07/2011 by Aura24
#43 Posted: 20:00:17 19/07/2011
Super, calm yourself down please. You getting all worked up over Razz's comment, that wasn't directed towards you at all, and getting all defensive over it, isn't going to help.

Don't tell me what to do, you are in no position to tell me what to do. It definately seemed like it was directed at me at the time, specifically after you posted after me, after posting that I really don't know anything about Spyro and you assumed that I don't know that Spyro has been passed on from Insomniac, it was obvious that is what set it off. Such a dictator.
---
#44 Posted: 20:03:53 19/07/2011
And you're just having another 'different-personality' moment again. Always happens whenever you're in a bad mood, lashing out at other users around you.

And I never assumed anything about you just now, you're really in a bad mood if you think that I purposely assumed that you are one of the fans who don't know Spyro.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:35 19/07/2011 by Aura24
#45 Posted: 20:07:00 19/07/2011
And you're just having another 'different-personality' moment again. Always happens whenever you're in a bad mood, lashing out at other users around you.

And I never assumed anything about you just now, you're really in a bad mood if you think that I purposely assumed that you are one of the fans who don't know Spyro.

I am definately in a bad mood now that I've been offended, of course I would be, and I'm not exactly lashing out on any body really, you're just continuing to talk to me. I'm just telling you how I feel, while you do not give a care in the world, and just decide to annoy me all the more. Which is what you like to do to me on any other occasion.
---
#46 Posted: 20:12:09 19/07/2011
I didn't even bother to read this, but, yeah, calm down Super. I wasn't talking about you. You want to know who else is a pretty big Insomniac Spyro fan? *raises hand* So stop making baseless assumptions and assuming everything is aimed at you when it isn't. My statement was a blanket, general one about fan behavior I've seen in multiple fandoms. If it makes you feel any better, the whiny fanboys I was thinking about when I wrote it are the ones who cry about how Activision "ruined" Spyro on dA when they draw DotD Spyro or Cynder.
#47 Posted: 20:12:45 19/07/2011

I am definately in a bad mood now that I've been offended, of course I would be, and I'm not exactly lashing out on any body really, you're just continuing to talk to me. I'm just telling you how I feel, while you do not give a care in the world, and just decide to annoy me all the more. Which is what you like to do to me on any other occasion.

Telling me how you feel by lashing out at me and getting all snappy as well? Yeah, that's 'a very calm' way to take your anger out on someone when you're in a bad mood.

I don't like to annoy you, I wasn't trying to annoy you. You're just taking my responses the wrong way as if they were only intentionally posted to aggravate you, when I'm really trying to tell you to calm down over something you misread.

I didn't even bother to read this, but, yeah, calm down Super. I wasn't talking about you. You want to know who else is a pretty big Insomniac Spyro fan? *raises hand* So stop making baseless assumptions and assuming everything is aimed at you when it isn't. My statement was a blanket, general one about fan behavior I've seen in multiple fandoms. If it makes you feel any better, the whiny fanboys I was thinking about when I wrote it are the ones who cry about how Activision "ruined" Spyro on dA when they draw DotD Spyro or Cynder.

Thank you for explaining it to him, Razz.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:14:25 19/07/2011 by Aura24
#48 Posted: 20:16:48 19/07/2011

Oh, I actually really didn't know you were aiming that to them, it just felt that everything was aimed at me and I was within this mixture of fans because it all came after I specifically posted about Insomniac and Spyro, I guess I should be sorry but then again I did not understand, that was a strange experience, I was actually really hurt because I try so hard to keep myself away from all that. I refused to trust what Aura24 was saying to me, because she was not the one who typed it up. It's so confusing on here sometimes.
---
#49 Posted: 20:20:04 19/07/2011
Do I really deserve this kind of feedback?!

Funny, since you gave the exact kind of feedback to me.....

Stevey?
#50 Posted: 20:21:08 19/07/2011
Quote: CAV
Do I really deserve this kind of feedback?!

Funny, since you gave the exact kind of feedback to me.....

Stevey?

@ Bold: Really? Did I?
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me