First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Do you think Spyro will talk? [CLOSED]
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#51 Posted: 04:24:55 02/06/2011
Then just ignore him man, if he doesn't want to listen forget it.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#52 Posted: 10:03:13 02/06/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: riverhippo
I cant imagine Spyro: Year of the Dragon being all that great of a game, if Spyro was never voiced.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Yes, very.

Because (once again), voicing decides if a game is good or not. If the character is mute, then the game is boring.

Seriously guys, WTF?

I never said that the game would be terrible without a voice-over, stop jumping to conclusions with me all the time, you expect everyone to be perfect, I swear you're turning into an annoying Aura now.

Am I not allowed to give an opinion on something that I don't like about one thing in a game that might not even be in the game? Get a hold of yourself.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#53 Posted: 13:56:16 02/06/2011
I never said that the game would be terrible without a voice-over, stop jumping to conclusions with me all the time, you expect everyone to be perfect, I swear you're turning into an annoying Aura now.

Am I not allowed to give an opinion on something that I don't like about one thing in a game that might not even be in the game? Get a hold of yourself.

So I'm guessing you found the first few Sonic and Mario games boring.

Yes, very.

^You claimed that the games were boring since the characters were mute. I'm not accusing you of anything. You said it yourself.

No, you can have your opinion. But once again, I have to explain how free speech also means I can object to it however I want.
#54 Posted: 17:20:31 02/06/2011

So I'm guessing you found the first few Sonic and Mario games boring.

Yes, very.

^You claimed that the games were boring since the characters were mute. I'm not accusing you of anything. You said it yourself.

No, you can have your opinion. But once again, I have to explain how free speech also means I can object to it however I want.

I find that Mario and Sonic games are boring in general anyway. I do lose interest in games where the main character never really talks, Grand Theft Auto III is an example of this, the main character, Claude, never talks in the whole game, but the gameplay makes up for it really. I would rather there be a voice for the main character though.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#55 Posted: 17:38:11 02/06/2011
I find that Mario and Sonic games are boring in general anyway. I do lose interest in games where the main character never really talks, Grand Theft Auto III is an example of this, the main character, Claude, never talks in the whole game, but the gameplay makes up for it really. I would rather there be a voice for the main character though.

To me, Mario and early Sonic have excellent gameplay. I don't really care if the character talks or not. In fact, I actually prefer Sonic to be mute.
#56 Posted: 17:43:50 02/06/2011

To me, Mario and early Sonic have excellent gameplay. I don't really care if the character talks or not. In fact, I actually prefer Sonic to be mute.

Great for you.
---
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#57 Posted: 18:08:32 02/06/2011
Quote: HIR
A purring dragon... <.<;

How To Train Your Dragon, ring any bells? :3
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#58 Posted: 18:26:39 02/06/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
A purring dragon... <.<;

Yeah, but you had the humans talking which balanced it out so the only characters in the film didn't just purr...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:59 02/06/2011 by bionicle2809
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#59 Posted: 19:51:48 02/06/2011
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: TheWereCat
A purring dragon... <.<;

Yeah, but you had the humans talking which balanced it out so the only characters in the film didn't just purr...

Same case scenario here with the other characters?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#60 Posted: 21:58:40 02/06/2011
Ugh... Look, some peopel just preffer games with a little speach, other don't care either way, there may not always be a real reason for it, sometimes people just have likes and dislikes. Can we leave it at that and get back on topic?

Anyway, I like voice acting if done right because it helps in the development of the character and the story they are acting out (or that you act out through them, however you want to see it). But if the game is fun enough, and the development of story and character is done well enough without language, fine. However, I still maintain that having been told they they had good voice actors all lined up to help make the game (can anyone find me the link?), there WILL be talking in Skylanders.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#61 Posted: 01:54:39 04/06/2011
^ Agreed. Text wall much? smilie

I prefer Sonic mute. Some characters I do, some I don't. I would be somewhat upset if Mario got a full-on voice actor(rather than the occasional "Here we go!"), because his character doesn't need to speak. He shouldn't speak. Cause it fits the gameplay.

So far, I don't think SSA will need much voice acting.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#62 Posted: 01:58:23 04/06/2011
I would love if Mario talked full-on....
.________________________.

As for Sonic, I like him either way. And hey, we get a mute Sonic and a talking Sonic in the one game now! smilie

And I don't think SSA will have too much dialogue...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SteelClaw Gold Sparx Gems: 2547
#63 Posted: 12:51:00 24/07/2011
I dont know about Spyro or the other playable characters,But Ive seen Gameplay that had a character(that looked like Gill Grunt) Speak It wasn't English but there was a speech bubble below him that had what he was saying smilie
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#64 Posted: 18:11:44 24/07/2011
Maybe the skylanders will saying things when they get hurt or something.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#65 Posted: 18:19:27 24/07/2011
We say Spyro get hurt in his character trailer and he hissed in pain.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#66 Posted: 03:10:59 26/07/2011
I think it would be weird if he had a voice in this game, jusging by the age group the game is targetted at the plot will not be very complex at all. And no voice doesn't mean a bad game, Crash Bandicoot only spoke 1 word in the entire series of I'm-too-lazy-too-count-how-many games. And Jak was mute in JaD, which was quite a good game. But then I think naughty Dog has a thing for mute characters...

I don't think Skylanders Spyro really suits being able to speak.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#67 Posted: 07:03:44 26/07/2011
Yes.

(filler)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me