Sorry if it seemed like I was mad or anything
---
but i love it all smooth
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#102 Posted: 21:51:40 16/02/2012
Quote: LevanJess
^ Yeah I agree

Sorry if it seemed like I was mad or anything

And I'll cut it out with the 'Goonro' one too. That'll be the last time you will see me have it in my message now. But I can't help but think of it everytime I see 'Spyro', I just love making fun out of the name.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:25 16/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#103 Posted: 21:58:11 16/02/2012
Aw, hey, come on. If you like the joke, you should use it. It's your life!
Besides, I don't have a problem with it personally.
---
but i love it all smooth
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#104 Posted: 22:00:54 16/02/2012
Hey, I don't want to ruin your fun. Go ahead and use it if you like it. Like the arrow to the knee jokes, if you like them, even if people disapprove, you should use them if you like them.
Besides, it's not that bad. Not as bad as others I see frequently...
#105 Posted: 22:34:52 16/02/2012
Fair enough, what was this topic meant to be about anyway? I know it's something to do with Spyro's Dad.
---
#106 Posted: 22:37:36 16/02/2012
Okay, sorry for any hard feelings! I'll get back on topic.

i think it's spyro when he's older. mostly because of the gold medallion around his neck, as a reward for saving the world. :P
or it could be his dad, since i'm not convinced about the different spikes on his back.

Posted this a while ago..
Still think this is it, but the weird spikes on his back kind of make me think it could be his dad.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:52 16/02/2012 by LevanJess
#107 Posted: 22:51:13 16/02/2012
Don't worry about it, perhaps I was being stupid though I do appreciate your concern for my feelings, not many users seem to do that on here that I know of, I think two others do.

Okay, sorry for any hard feelings! I'll get back on topic.

i think it's spyro when he's older. mostly because of the gold medallion around his neck, as a reward for saving the world. smilie
or it could be his dad, since i'm not convinced about the different spikes on his back.

Posted this a while ago..
Still think this is it, but the weird spikes on his back kind of make me think it could be his dad.

Yeah, true, he should have been in the game at the end. The final 80th one. I suppose Insomniac Games thought it would be a bit much to add in? They might not have had enough time. It might have been a 'last minute' thing when the idea cropped up, and I doubt you would see his dad, if it was his dad in later games anyway. It just seems that he can't really play a big roll on the series, and I suppose Spyro is supposed to be unique in the series?

It would have been interesting to see how Spyro acted with his Dad (or his family) I can't imagine him being caring towards them, but who knows? We never really got to see that side of him. Actually, we did in Spyro 3, where Bianca attacks Hunter and Spyro gets annoyed at her and flames her, LOL.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 22:55:19 16/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#108 Posted: 22:55:50 16/02/2012
I was being worse. I overreacted. xP

I don't think either of his parents would make a big difference to the series, either. To be honest, I think it's interesting how you don't know his parents.
They should've added it in, it might've been interesting to some fans. It's a cool idea.
But they still pulled a great game without his dad.
---
but i love it all smooth
#109 Posted: 23:02:26 16/02/2012
I was being worse. I overreacted. xP

I don't think either of his parents would make a big difference to the series, either. To be honest, I think it's interesting how you don't know his parents.
They should've added it in, it might've been interesting to some fans. It's a cool idea.
But they still pulled a great game without his dad.

We were only kids when the game first came out and to be honest I never really worried about seeing his family on there, although since I played Spyro 2 first, I played Spyro 1 afterwards and got a bit confused because I thought Hunter and Elora, and all the other main characters from Spyro 2 would be there for some reason. (Even though I played the demo of Spyro 1 first) I agree it is an epic game. I still think that Spyro on the PlayStation had the most content than other platformers, even Croc and Crash Bandicoot doesn't have near as enough in my opinion. I think Tomb Raider comes close but that isn't a platformer, I consider that one to be an Action/Adventure.
---
Zarisxune Red Sparx Gems: 91
#110 Posted: 23:04:07 16/02/2012
After he released him he would have probably just said a 90s-esque "Hey pops." and that would be the end of that.
---
I have been nominated.
#111 Posted: 23:06:39 16/02/2012
Quote: Zarisxune
After he released him he would have probably just said a 90s-esque "Hey pops." and that would be the end of that.

LOL! That would be funny. Aww, that's actually cute, I can definitely imagine Spyro saying that. Why did Insomniac have to make him so cute? Why do they have to tease me? smilie
---
#112 Posted: 23:17:21 16/02/2012
Same here. When I was young I didn't care a lot about his parents, it never crossed my mind.. In fact I never thought of it before I looked at this thread long ago.
That can be confusing when it comes to characters. But one thing I loved about Spyro 1-3 is that you don't have to play the games in order to really get it.
Same here. A really good action game too.

EDIT: And I do agree that he is quite cute.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:49 16/02/2012 by LevanJess
#113 Posted: 07:28:00 17/02/2012
Same here. When I was young I didn't care a lot about his parents, it never crossed my mind.. In fact I never thought of it before I looked at this thread long ago.
That can be confusing when it comes to characters. But one thing I loved about Spyro 1-3 is that you don't have to play the games in order to really get it.
Same here. A really good action game too.

EDIT: And I do agree that he is quite cute.

Yes, those Spyro games didn't really go much on a big story. I think in Spyro 3, Moneybags and the Professor relate back to Spyro 2. Moneybags mentions Ripto once in the beginning, and I'm pretty sure the Professor says something about Avalar when you first meet him with Agent 9. Also Elora is right at the end of the game wanting Spyro to visit Avalar. (They should have based the next game back in Avalar again with Elora, I thought that was what they should have done after seeing that, just have different areas in the next game) It's not all that complicated to get used to them.

I like the first Tomb Raider the best, there's something special about that one.

Oh yes, he is very much so.
---
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#114 Posted: 19:25:55 27/05/2012
I can't imagine the cute, cool little dragon as an adult
#115 Posted: 19:46:58 27/05/2012
Quote: ilovespyro11

Is Spyro nice? Is he yummy yummy?
---
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#116 Posted: 00:58:36 28/05/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

smilie Eh what.
#117 Posted: 09:58:02 09/06/2012
Quote: Dragon Lover

smilie Eh what.

I don't know, I think I was a bit hyper there, lol.
---
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#118 Posted: 16:45:07 09/06/2012

smilie Eh what.

Probably the only one who can match his cuteness is my yellow-coloured, Chinese dragon plush toy. smilie He's so cute, I can't stop staring at him. smilie
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
#119 Posted: 18:04:27 09/06/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

smilie Eh what.

Probably the only one who can match his cuteness is my yellow-coloured, Chinese dragon plush toy. smilie He's so cute, I can't stop staring at him. smilie

I've got a chinese dragon model in my room, it's just to the right of me on my desk, sitting on top of my stereo system. It's epic, when I can get a chance, I'll take a picture of it, and I'll upload it to deviantART, and then I shall link it to you so you can see what it looks like. He has lost a horn though, lol. I've forgotten the name of what it's made out of.
---
WolfTron Green Sparx Gems: 216
#120 Posted: 10:19:39 20/07/2012
I'd have to say it is simply Spyro when he's grown. The medal is just too fitting for this explanation considering Spyro's heroics and there being no mention of his father having done such things.

And hey, if it is some random adult dragon or Spyro's father, we can all sleep soundly knowing that Hunter's scuba suit was made out of his skin smilie
---
I saw something shiny
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#121 Posted: 07:51:08 26/07/2012
I think it's Spyro's father. We only encounter two other purple dragons throughout the entire original series(A random one you rescue and the Sorceror). It would make sense he was also a hero, with purple dragons being so magically powerful in SL and whatnot.
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#122 Posted: 03:31:10 01/08/2012
That's in the manual of the game?! Makes me wish my game came with the manual...
Anyways, I'm not sure if that's Spyro's dad, or Spyro himself... The black spikes on his back could say his father, unless spikes change color and gray like hair does. But if that's the case, then why aren't the spikes of the other dragons grayed?
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
superspyrofreak Green Sparx Gems: 145
#123 Posted: 19:20:03 14/08/2012
I got the game from a car boot and there was not a Manuel so this is the first time seeing this picture and I think it is spyros dad
Lateef Green Sparx Gems: 227
#124 Posted: 15:09:27 15/08/2012
Quote: AshETERNAL
That's in the manual of the game?! Makes me wish my game came with the manual...
Anyways, I'm not sure if that's Spyro's dad, or Spyro himself... The black spikes on his back could say his father, unless spikes change color and gray like hair does. But if that's the case, then why aren't the spikes of the other dragons grayed?

They are, though! Plenty, including a good chunk of the Artisan dragons, have grey to white spikes. I'd say that, just like in real life, it tends to be inconsistent. If it's Spyro, maybe he went grey early from stress smilie
SigmundSeal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#125 Posted: 04:44:58 14/07/2013
My guess is either Alban is his father or the purple dragon from the Spyro Year Of The Dragon is the father. However, from my knowledge, that dragon was intentionally going to be the final dragon freed in either Gnasty Gnorc or to take Magnus' place. If it would be the 1st one, they would have had to extend Gnasty Gnorc's boss fight. I mean, seriously, Gnasty runs away from you. He would've been defeated by this time, unless Papa was not there by the time this happened.
---
Don't be afraid.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#126 Posted: 08:41:30 14/07/2013
its his dad it says papa on top(as readon another topic called this)
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#127 Posted: 21:53:15 31/07/2013
I believed it was Spyro when I first saw it.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me