Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
MorningStar's Art [CLOSED]
MorningStar Green Sparx Gems: 298
#1 Posted: 02:11:58 15/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, people seemed to like my Morningstar in the other topic... o3o So I made some more stuff and decided I'd make my own topic. I think it's a lot easier to just make myself an art topic at the respective forums than keep up with a DeviantART or something, since it's a lot easier to update, easier to get/make comments and all of that. So yeah, here's some stuff... Click the thumbnails to see their full size.

[User Posted Image]
This is some more of my fandragon Morningstar. Trying to develop my own, quick-to-do style in these. In the first Morningstar pictures I tried to copy the official style as best as I could, but... it doesn't leave as much room to have fun.

[User Posted Image]
Feets practice. :3 And a wing too. I like drawing animal toes and stuff...

[User Posted Image]
Bodyshot! Her back legs got messed up... Uhm

[User Posted Image]
Morningstar as an adult! She's a lot of fun to draw this way.

[User Posted Image]
FLAIL

I'll add some more in another post laters... this one's long enough as it is.
---
I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!
Zira Red Sparx Gems: 37
#2 Posted: 02:29:52 15/03/2008
I really, really like it!!! smilie
Your on my 'Best Artists List' now!
---
I won't be on for a long while.
Good bye?
Last edited at 02:42:32 15/03/2008 by Zira
#3 Posted: 04:01:10 15/03/2008 | Topic Creator
:3 Thank you.
I'll make sure to try my hand at official characters next, though. o3o I haven't drawn Spyro himself in a really long while. Much less any of the other characters... from either timeline.
---
Last edited at 04:01:49 15/03/2008 by MorningStar
Zira Red Sparx Gems: 37
#4 Posted: 04:20:40 15/03/2008
I can't draw dragons.
They look like cats because I draw paws like dogs and cats.
I have never even drawn Spyro. smilie
---
I won't be on for a long while.
Good bye?
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#5 Posted: 06:28:40 15/03/2008
nice work!!
#6 Posted: 14:15:08 15/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zira
I can't draw dragons.
They look like cats because I draw paws like dogs and cats.
I have never even drawn Spyro. smilie

Well, practice is the only way to get better. :3 Don't give up!
Maybe I should do a tutorial sometime, too... Though I left most of the original circles and lines in my sketches people can (hopefully) see how I did it.
I started out drawing totally freehand(is that the right word I'm thinking of? I drew the picture straight out without the use of --> ), but once I learned to use circles and 'skeletons' to lay down poses and angles, I got a lot better, I think.
---
Last edited at 14:18:01 15/03/2008 by MorningStar
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10790
#7 Posted: 15:34:39 15/03/2008
Awesome drawings, MorningStar! I really like 'em!
Last edited at 15:36:00 15/03/2008 by artiste_violet
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#8 Posted: 16:00:04 15/03/2008
Cool! Have you got a Deviantart account?
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#9 Posted: 16:03:47 15/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the compliments. :3

I did actually used to have one (and it's still there), but it's really outdated... smilie I just kinda stopped keeping up with it. It's a lot more fun for me to just post in a topic on a forum, but if you want to see my older stuff... MegantheHedgehog is my DA account. But there's little to no Spyro art that I remember.

Got some more stuff coming up soon! :3 I'll either edit them into this post or make another one if someone else posts before I'm done scanning.
---
Last edited at 16:04:21 15/03/2008 by MorningStar
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#10 Posted: 16:07:08 15/03/2008
Okay. I am SexyCynder on Deviantartsmilie
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#11 Posted: 14:44:53 16/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Okie, here's some more stuff. :3 Sorry, I got kinda... er, distracted yesterday. .-. It happens a lot.

[User Posted Image]
Big and little Spyro and Cynder. I guess it came out okay, but I didn't like it too well, so I tried something else...

[User Posted Image]
Old school Spyro, in all of his annoying anatomy! I grew up with this Spyro though, so I'm willing to try that again.

[User Posted Image]
Why are there like, no good pictures of the Sorceress on the internet? I distinctly remember she had some official art, but I couldn't find it on any website anywhere. I had to use the two meh fanarts I could find and my fuzzy memory for reference. I like how it's turned out, though.

[User Posted Image]
That Peacekeeper dragon! The Peacekeepers and Beastmakers were always my favorites...
---
Last edited at 14:45:25 16/03/2008 by MorningStar
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#12 Posted: 15:23:02 16/03/2008
Those are really good! ^.^ I can draw dragons myself too...smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Dragonfriend243 Green Sparx Gems: 111
#13 Posted: 16:34:01 16/03/2008
Quote: MorningStar
Okie, here's some more stuff. :3 Sorry, I got kinda... er, distracted yesterday. .-. It happens a lot.

[User Posted Image]
Big and little Spyro and Cynder. I guess it came out okay, but I didn't like it too well, so I tried something else...

[User Posted Image]
Old school Spyro, in all of his annoying anatomy! I grew up with this Spyro though, so I'm willing to try that again.

[User Posted Image]
Why are there like, no good pictures of the Sorceress on the internet? I distinctly remember she had some official art, but I couldn't find it on any website anywhere. I had to use the two meh fanarts I could find and my fuzzy memory for reference. I like how it's turned out, though.

[User Posted Image]
That Peacekeeper dragon! The Peacekeepers and Beastmakers were always my favorites...

Morning Star you rock at drawing dragons!!! I used to be allright at them but I am really rusty now. One time I drew the picture of Cynder on the back of the video game case of ANB and it turned out to be the best work of art I had ever done!!!smilie
---
Welcome to DarkSpyro!smilie PURPLE!
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
Last edited at 16:34:48 16/03/2008 by Dragonfriend243
TrueSpyroFAN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#14 Posted: 17:35:26 16/03/2008
awesomeness! I can draw spyro too! practising at dragons still.
#15 Posted: 17:37:26 16/03/2008
Thanx!!smilie I wish I could draw Spyro. Cynder is the only one I can draw.
---
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
#16 Posted: 17:38:58 16/03/2008
Keep practising and you'll become awesome! smilie I can do the hrad and can half do the body.
#17 Posted: 18:06:12 16/03/2008
Spyro is diffulcult to draw.....
---
#18 Posted: 18:19:44 16/03/2008
not that much..
#19 Posted: 18:22:06 16/03/2008
Well for me he is. LOLsmilie
---
#20 Posted: 18:39:24 16/03/2008
Whenever at school i have spare time, i draw spyro! smilie
Cynder Green Sparx Gems: 433
#21 Posted: 18:06:52 17/03/2008
Your dragons are amazing! I love Morningstar! She's beautiful!
---
I am CYNDER! Hear me ROAR!
#22 Posted: 22:58:14 17/03/2008
Quote: TrueSpyroFAN
Whenever at school i have spare time, i draw spyro! smilie

Have you tried Cynder? She is the easyiest to draw.
---
#23 Posted: 00:21:31 18/03/2008
Quote: Dragonfriend243
Spyro is diffulcult to draw.....

You'll get better the more you practice on him...^.^ I'm good at drawing Spyro, that's cuz I've been drawing him since I was 6...smilie But, I'm sure you'll be able to draw him good, one day...smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#24 Posted: 01:58:22 18/03/2008
I love the drawing of Morningstar breathing fire. smilie You're getting better all the time. smilie

Also: yay, the Sorcress! I've done two drawings of her so far, and I'd like to draw more of her. She was so cutely evil. smilie
#25 Posted: 03:39:11 18/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the compliments, guys. :3 I'm glad I'm not one of the only artists around here (besides Razz, I know her stuff)

I haven't had much time to do anything today... I was supposed to read a book for spring break, see, but I... didn't... so I did that today... xD

I finished this, though!
[User Posted Image]
My inking is sloppy but I think the colors came out well. :3
The sorceress is definitely my favorite villain from the original three games. Before now I haven't tried to draw her before, though... perhaps if I had, I'd remember her better... smilie;

Hm... Well, maybe there's something else I could treat you guys with, but it's not really Spyro-related, it's older, and it's blurry...
[User Posted Image]
This little fella's name is Domovith, and he's a Pernese blue dragon. He's made out of Fimo (kinda like Sculpey) clay, about two blocks of it. This is the first time I've shown this picture off anywhere, so... yeah. I'm interested in what you guys think of him.
(That's a drawing of him as an adult and his rider L'don in the background of that one... L'don's a temporary name, though, until I can confirm if there's a canon one or not. I've only read up to Dragonquest. ._.)

One more edit now that I'm thinking about it, but that 'flame' is supposed to be the Earth Flail from TEN, since she's an earth dragon at all... Not that it looks too much like it, eheh. smilie; What's funny is that the Morningstar is a flail-type weapon from Final Fantasy V(Or was it Tactics Advance?)... That's where I got this name in the first place. o3o
---
Last edited at 11:40:57 18/03/2008 by MorningStar
#26 Posted: 00:25:24 20/03/2008
Ooo, I love the colors you gave the Sorceress! Very nice! smilie

As for L'don... I am re-reading the entire Pern series (even though all I really want to do is smack Anne upside the head and punch Todd in the stomach) and, thus far, there is no mention of a L'don. If there is, he is likely an extremely minor character (what with Anne having this thing against those nasty blue and green riders and their crazy ways >( ).
#27 Posted: 00:27:02 20/03/2008
Yeah, the sorceress has good colour! I can't color, as nice as how I draw my drawings. When I colour them, comes out looking like a kindergardener coloured it...T_T
---
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#28 Posted: 00:42:58 20/03/2008
You have some of the best art I've seen! Great job!
#29 Posted: 01:44:29 20/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks, all. :3
Good thing about the no L'don... I want to join one of those fancy-looking PBEM things once I read some more, and I don't want to have to make a bunch of name changes as I read the books or get smacked for unwittingly using a canon character's name.
Though actually, the second edition of the DLG has a list of characters or something, don't it? D'oh me. (There's only been a couple after Dragonseye, right?...)

As for the coloring, I just ink a drawing, take it into Photoshop and set the layer mode to "multiply", then I just do colors on layers under that. I dunno if Gimp or any of those other things have layer modes like Overlay and Multiply and all of that, but I think they do... And Gimp is free if you try that. :3

EDIT:: omg noooo ;; I finally find a Pern RP that works on forums like I'm used to RPing on, but L'don/Ladon's already been used. :< Now I do have to come up with another name. Shoot!
---
Last edited at 02:56:18 01/04/2008 by MorningStar
#30 Posted: 17:19:47 20/03/2008
Hey! MorningStar! Dragginwings is right! you are the best artist i've ever seen!
#31 Posted: 03:51:19 21/03/2008 | Topic Creator
x3 *blush* I know of people that I consider better than myself, but I appreciate the comments. :3 Thank you!

So today at school we just goofed off all day, because this has been a four-day week and we just finished third-nine-week exams, so I had a lot of time to draw. :3 The stuff I drew today is mostly from the LoS continuity.

[User Posted Image]
I know a lot of people don't like Cyril, but he's my favorite LoS character. He's snooty and all of that, but he just strikes me as a closet niceguy. That, and his voice is really familiar to me. That guy's been in a lot of stuff I've watched. But anyway. These are just different facial expressions, I'm going to make practicing his body into a project. xD It's harrrd for me. I made some little notes if you can read my phail handwriting.

[User Posted Image]
Spyro, done in the same fashion. About half of these doodles suck because I did them at school and didn't have any reference... but I do like the far right one. Both of the sideviews, really.

[User Posted Image]
A little more Morningstar, but I went light on this one. Again, if you can read my phail handwriting in this one... Tell me what you think. :3 Depending on what most of you guys like I might reconsider her adult form as well.

EDIT: Fixed the Cyril link, I think... It vanished for some reason. o.O
---
Last edited at 14:11:11 21/03/2008 by MorningStar
#32 Posted: 04:00:05 21/03/2008
They're good! ^.^ MorningStar, do you know how to draw anything else besodes dragons and Spyro? Just asking, cuz I'm also good at drawing dragons, but I'm also good at drawing Sonic and realistic humans...smilie And I remember drawing a realistic tiger before too, which was a challenge, but came out good.
---
#33 Posted: 04:21:34 21/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Sure I can. :3 I draw monsters from Final Fantasy XI a lot...

[User Posted Image]
This, for example, is a basic Lizard monster. I stalked these in-game for a while and weirded out some groups that were killing them for experience. xD

[User Posted Image]
This is my favorite of them all, Tzee Xicu the Manifest. She's what's known as a "Notorious Monster"- you can't see how tough they are compared to you by using the "check" command, so unless you read up on them, attacking them is a real gamble. She only appears every few days, because she appears randomly in place of another Notorious Monster which spawns once a day. She's the incarnation of the Yagudo (bird-men, basically) goddess. She's a Summoner, too, same job as myself; I want to defeat her myself someday.

As for realism, I've tried a couple times a long time ago. Only scanned a few of them, though...
[User Posted Image]
This was my guinea pig, Cinnie. She was an agouti guinea pig, meaning each hair had bands of color. Like a stripe of red, a stripe of brown... It made her look much like powdered cinnamon. Her colors were from her mother and the agouti fur and the smoothness were from her father. None of my baby guinea pigs ever had colors like him... He was a yellowish sandy brown. Really pretty.

If you want to check out my old(and cruddy) Sonic art, it's pretty much all on my DA account here.
---
Last edited at 04:31:30 21/03/2008 by MorningStar
#34 Posted: 12:38:20 21/03/2008
There's a complete list of Pern books on Wikipedia. I think there are sixteen, now, with a final volume by Anne on the way (and who knows how much crud from Todd after that).

By Anne:

Dragonflight
Dragonquest
Dragonsong
Dragonsinger
Dragondrums
The White Dragon
Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern
Nerilka's Story
Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall
Dragonseye
The Renegades of Pern
All the Weyrs of Pern
The Dolphins of Pern
The Masterharper of Pern
The Skies of Pern

By Todd:
Dragon's Kin
Dragonsblood
Dragon's Fire
Dragon Harper

Those are the ones I remember. The series started to go downhill after "Nerilka's Story" but was still kind of decent up until "The Renegades of Pern". "The Skies of Pern" just made me angry on all levels. smilie

Yay, more new art! smilie One of these days, I'm going to have to give drawing Morningstar a try. I really like her design.
#35 Posted: 13:57:20 21/03/2008 | Topic Creator
Aw... And I was kinda looking forward to All the Weyrs of Pern because of that pretty cover with Ruth on it. Can't judge a book by its cover, though, I suppose.

And, that sounds like a fun art trade.~ The pariah looks pretty fun to draw so maybe I should try her sometime, too. ;3

Got another picture coming up soon, I decided to give a Terrador-like adult Morningstar a try anyway. I feel like drawing something vicious and rawr.
---
Last edited at 14:10:19 21/03/2008 by MorningStar
#36 Posted: 14:45:51 21/03/2008
Awesome pics MorningStar!!!! luv'em!!
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#37 Posted: 15:57:08 21/03/2008
those pics r awesome MorningStar! how do you put em on da pc?? thts like da onli thing i dunt kno about computers lolz
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#38 Posted: 16:04:21 21/03/2008 | Topic Creator
I just use a scanner. o: Those thingers where you lift the top and there's a glass panel, and under that is some kinda light... er. I dunno how it works, really, but that's what I use. Slap the paper on the glass and punch the Start New Scan button.

If you don't have a scanner, you could always use a webcam/digital camera to take pictures of the paper, but it tends to not look as good.

After that I upload them onto ImageShack so I can post them as thumbnails like you see here.
---
#39 Posted: 16:07:21 21/03/2008
ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh................i have a scanner!!smiliesmilie but i broke it..smilie ah well! ill just use my dads/STEAL my dads lolz smiliesmiliethanx MS!! smiliesmilie!!!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#40 Posted: 16:10:49 21/03/2008 | Topic Creator
No prob. :3 Happy scanning~

Edit: Morningstar's experimental new adult form is complete!
[User Posted Image]
I think I beefed her up a little too much... :x I messed up her pose a bit, she's supposed to be turning while running. Like she was running toward you and now she's turning to run to your left... Yeah.
I like what I did with the horns on her head, though. I'll keep that, at least.
---
Last edited at 16:15:27 21/03/2008 by MorningStar
#41 Posted: 16:44:08 21/03/2008
awesome! i like da feet n claws...mine seem to go like...COMPLETELY wrong when im drawing....and my back legs go a bit small n wonkey....i dont know how you can draw dragons that good when your drawing them facing you...i can onli draw them in like 2D facing left or right....lolz smilie oh n if i say that something is either: "Sikk!" or "Sikii!" then that means good..lolz smiliesmiliesmilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#42 Posted: 16:51:08 21/03/2008
Quote: Razz
There's a complete list of Pern books on Wikipedia. I think there are sixteen, now, with a final volume by Anne on the way (and who knows how much crud from Todd after that).

By Anne:

Dragonflight
Dragonquest
Dragonsong
Dragonsinger
Dragondrums
The White Dragon
Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern
Nerilka's Story
Dragonsdawn
The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall
Dragonseye
The Renegades of Pern
All the Weyrs of Pern
The Dolphins of Pern
The Masterharper of Pern
The Skies of Pern

By Todd:
Dragon's Kin
Dragonsblood
Dragon's Fire
Dragon Harper

Those are the ones I remember. The series started to go downhill after "Nerilka's Story" but was still kind of decent up until "The Renegades of Pern". "The Skies of Pern" just made me angry on all levels. smilie

Yay, more new art! smilie One of these days, I'm going to have to give drawing Morningstar a try. I really like her design.

This lady who admired my drawings told me about it, and I want them books now! ^.^ Anyone heard of Deltora?
---
#43 Posted: 17:30:32 21/03/2008 | Topic Creator
I have a couple Dragons of Deltora books, but... They didn't really click with me, I guess. The cover with the red dragon in your face is awesome though.
Heh, it's funny who told me about the Dragonriders of Pern books... In my computer class I was reading one of the Temeraire series(by Naomi Novik- if you like dragons and haven't read these, please do so now!) and the teacher walked up to me and I thought he was going to take my book for not paying attention... But instead he said "Ever read anything by Anne McCaffery? Her books are very good." And once I had to come in during lunch to finish a test and he had a giant mythology book he was reading... You wouldn't think an old computer teacher would be a fantasy buff too.

But anyway, got something else now!
[User Posted Image]
I colored my Cyril. :3 The best one on that page I drew, I think...
---
#44 Posted: 17:32:35 21/03/2008
He's really cute! ^.^ Nice! You draw better than I can...
---
#45 Posted: 18:46:57 21/03/2008
Quote: Dragongyrl1000
He's really cute! ^.^ Nice! You draw better than I can...

Cyril is very cool looking!!!smilie
---
#46 Posted: 18:51:45 21/03/2008
I drew a pic of Cyril once, and it kinda looks the same as Morningstar's but except for the fact that she coloured hers...lol smilie
---
#47 Posted: 18:52:34 21/03/2008
LOLsmilie
---
#48 Posted: 18:54:53 21/03/2008
Yeah, I don't color my drawings a lot. Cuz I suck at coloring, but I do wish I can get someone to teach me how...
---
#49 Posted: 23:50:17 21/03/2008
Best dragon books ever:

The Pit Dragon Trilogy by Jane Yolen
Dragon's Blood
Heart's Blood
A Sending of Dragons

Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

The Age of Fire by E.E. Knight
Dragon Champion
Dragon Avenger
Dragon Outcast

And I shall add MorningStar to my list, but I can't make any promises. It turns out that the problems with my spine are very real and I now have limits to what I can do.
#50 Posted: 19:04:37 22/03/2008
Maybe I can look on ebay for them...^
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me