Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
"I Love You..." [CLOSED]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#1 Posted: 20:46:59 26/03/2011 | Topic Creator
How did you feel when Cynder said, "I love you..." to Spyro?
I was like 8DDD!!
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 20:49:39 26/03/2011
It made me sad.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 20:50:46 26/03/2011 | Topic Creator
how come?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#4 Posted: 20:54:29 26/03/2011
Because I wish someone could say something nice like that to my face someday...

But otherwise, it was cute, IMO.
---
#5 Posted: 20:55:01 26/03/2011 | Topic Creator
ooh I gotcha; and same here

lol smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:55:31 26/03/2011 by AvatariDragon
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#6 Posted: 22:53:00 26/03/2011
smilie(((((

But I have a feeling that you won't get the reaction you're looking for from others in terms of what they thought of the "I love you" bit. smilie

As for what I thought, I thought it was cute. Yeah, I like SxC, so of course I thought it was cute. If the game wasn't rushed, it probably would've made more sense though, because it would show their relationship build and yadda yadda so it wasn't so.. out of nowhere. smilie
#7 Posted: 22:59:42 26/03/2011
What's with all those brackets?smilie

But yeah, you probably won't get a great reaction.

And the whole game would of been better if it weren't rushed.
---
#8 Posted: 23:08:34 26/03/2011
It was my extra sad face, but it didn't work out how I planned. smilie

Nope

Agreed x100, but I still love the game.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#9 Posted: 23:34:39 26/03/2011
I liked SxC at the time and even then I thought it was overdone and pretty lame.

As someone who's actually said those exact words to someone and meant them, I'm offended at how love is treated in games like this. As a (then) fan of the LoS "story", I was pretty bothered to see Cynder being so out of character. I'd expect Spyro himself to say it that bluntly, but not her.
#10 Posted: 23:56:41 26/03/2011
The thing about love (to me anyway), is that it changes people, if only for a second. Sometimes, you just have to let it out. And it's not like they are adults anyway.
---
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#11 Posted: 00:03:48 27/03/2011
Well, i already knew the ending. Plus my dad was in the room, so i was like "o-o'..." pretty much embarrassed.
#12 Posted: 00:06:13 27/03/2011
It depends on the kind of love what the change is or isn't.

What irks me the most about this junk at the end of DotD is that we're expected to treat it as if they were soul mates and it makes perfect sense when, in truth, they're prepubescent kids who met less than (to them) three weeks earlier and they barely know each other well enough to be decent friends, let alone life partners. It's a bland stereotype from movies that's gotten on my nerves since I was six. Lust does not equal love no matter how pretty the packaging.
#13 Posted: 00:11:25 27/03/2011
But do we even know how old they are? I honestly don't, but I'm not sure if it mentioned it anywhere before.
#14 Posted: 00:20:28 27/03/2011
The closest official info we ever got was on some Wendy's toys that says, in ANB/TEN, that Spyro and Cynder were 12. Playing the games and seeing how very tiny they are when compared to the adult dragons, I had previously assumed they were maybe six or so. Either way, even if they are chronologically (not physically, just chronologically) 15 in DotD, it still makes them underage by the laws of almost every first world country and it's creepy.
#15 Posted: 00:40:32 27/03/2011
Quote: Razz
It depends on the kind of love what the change is or isn't.

What irks me the most about this junk at the end of DotD is that we're expected to treat it as if they were soul mates and it makes perfect sense when, in truth, they're prepubescent kids who met less than (to them) three weeks earlier and they barely know each other well enough to be decent friends, let alone life partners. It's a bland stereotype from movies that's gotten on my nerves since I was six. Lust does not equal love no matter how pretty the packaging.

Not enough for decent friends?
My best friend and I became really close in less than a week!(Though it won't become a "relationship", as we are both guys, and we're straight!smilie)
In fact, I feel closer to certain users of this site, whom I have known for less than a year, than I do to some people I have known in person for years.

It's not about the amount of time you share with a person, but what you do and share in that time.

And we are not expected to treat them like soul mates. We are expected to treat them whatever way we please.

I also don't see how it's sick to have teenage couples. It's not like the game is about sex and brutal murders.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:20 27/03/2011 by sonicbrawler182
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#16 Posted: 00:45:39 27/03/2011
I didn't really give a **** at the time, and then... The inevitable happened... Fanart, fanfiction ETC... Any fandom related stuff... It didn't help that there was even a song (Guide You Home) that people could rip straight from the game without thinking and use it as a 'perfect' song for a music video... It, like the concept, was overdone...
#17 Posted: 00:53:50 27/03/2011
You've got a point about quality over quantity in terms of time, SB. But even there we still don't see enough of it with Spyro and Cynder. I could easily see them as being friends who might someday be more than that maybe (this is, in fact, why I was a pretty big SxC fan with ANB/TEN; the possibility made it fun and cute). With DotD, though, it was just too much and making it an obvious statement ruined the magic for me and a lot of people.

I don't have a problem with real teenagers having relationships, but I have a huge problem with kids in popular media having obvious relationships like the one in DotD. Adults in movies and shows almost never say "I love you", so having it shoe-horned in in a kids' game felt really inappropriate in a way that's hard to articulate.

And that song...ugh. SxC videos before DotD usually had a chance of being interesting, sometimes for nothing other than the song. After DotD...that stupid song is everywhere.
#18 Posted: 01:07:10 27/03/2011
Again, the game was rushed....it happens....

I don't have a problem with it. Kids might not be smart enough to even see a hinted love story. And I thought it was fine that they confirmed it.

I don't really watch Spyro AMV's, mainly because neither universe is the best for it. I love Guide You Home as a somg though. I sometimes listen to it too much.
---
#19 Posted: 01:14:59 27/03/2011
At this point, "it was rushed" just doesn't cut it with DotD. All of LoS was rushed, but what happened with DotD, given the budget they had, is just pathetic. But that's just me. smilie

You don't, but I know a lot of people (and parents) who do. One of my biggest problems with LoS as a whole is the garbage it teaches kids (usually accidentally through shoddy writing). Fortunately, the gameplay was so bad that most kids who had the games never got to finish them.

I hate Guide You Home as a song, too. It's an obvious rip off of that ending credits song in "Eragon", to the point that I've switched between the songs and the people in the same room didn't know I'd done it.

I used to watch Spyro AMVs for the lulz. Some of them were really twisted (like the one that essentially rewrote ANB as a dark fantasy in which Cynder inevitably kills Spyro; or the absolutely hilarious one with Spyro kicking butt to a pretty hardcore metal song smilie). I never watched any Insomniac videos (never found a single good one), but the cutscenes of LoS before DotD did lend themselves to some fun videos. Alas, that time is gone and now all you find if you look is the same crappy SxC video to "Guide You Home" taking up all the search results.
#20 Posted: 01:30:57 27/03/2011
But you have to remember DotD was next gen, not just PS2. It's harder and takes more time to make a good Xbox 360/PS3 game than it does a PS2 game.

I think there are bigger problems to be worrying about...

I don't see the similarity. The instruments are similar, but not the feel of it. I can think of another pair of songs that have a similar dilemma.

There is only one Spyro AMV I really liked.
---
#21 Posted: 02:05:59 27/03/2011
ANB/TEN both got multiple console releases and the PS2 version of DotD is supposed to be the worst. I'm not budging on this one.

I dunno. I feel that lying to our children and teaching them that being a hero means being obedient to idiocy and being walked on by everyone is something to be worried over. But, like I said, not many kids actually played this one.

All I can say is that I'm not the only person who thinks Guide You Home and the Eragon song are way too similar. What are the two songs you were thinking of?

Do tell? Here's the ones I was talking about:

Move - makes me laugh every time smilie

You Fight Me - the only LoS video I have in my YouTube faves that wasn't made for me
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#22 Posted: 02:36:30 27/03/2011
^The songs are very similar. They're both good though, so that kinda makes up for it.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
It made me sad.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
Because I wish someone could say something nice like that to my face someday...

But otherwise, it was cute, IMO.

Quote: bionicle2809
The inevitable happened...

^All of these.

I knew it was going to happen. There was no way it couldn't. We knew it was going to happen by the end of ANB. But yet when it did my heart filled up with joy and I said "D'awwwwwwwwwww" out loud. To see what happens next was the only reason I sat through the credits rather than turning the game off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:49 27/03/2011 by CAV
#23 Posted: 02:37:34 27/03/2011
But the versions were identical. Not the case with DotD.

I didn't look at it like that. I guess it would be a problem. I have my own views on heroics anyway, and no game will change them.

The songs I was thinking of?

Apotos Village - Daytime(Sonic Unleashed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTLfL8gL5A

The Yaschas Massif(Final Fantasy XIII)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06vo844BcVU

Yeah, I know they don't have lyrics. But it's a good example. They both have very similar instruments and vibe, but they just sound very different. I felt the same with "Guide You Home" and "Keep Holding On".

And the video I was talking about. I like it mainly because of the part at 0:50, which is cool and funny at the same time!smilie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRoSFbkkM5M

Also, excuse my nerdy song choices. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:26 27/03/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#24 Posted: 02:45:15 27/03/2011
CAV: I think I did think it was kind of cute the first time I played, though my exact words were "Ha! Knew it". It didn't take long for that to wear off, though. D:

SB: I hope you're not the only one. smilie My biggest problem with LoS is actually Spyro himself. He's not a hero to me, he's a pansy who keeps getting inexplicably lucky and not dying when his stupidity should have killed him long ago. smilie

I've got to wait to watch the videos since we've got company over (and there's a webcomic I supposed to be updating right now smilie).
#25 Posted: 02:52:37 27/03/2011
I still kinda get warm and fuzzy inside when I hear it, even though I already know what happens. I don't know why. D:

Spyro to me isn't the wimp that gets lucky. To me, he's like every other character Wood has voiced: the guy that doesn't know anything about his surroundings and decides to be brave and fight and try to get other's to do so even though he's only been around for a short period of time. 9 was like that. And so was Mumble to some extent.

The big problem of LoS was the fantards, and the plotholes that covered the series like the holes on swiss cheese, particularly in DotD.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:55:11 27/03/2011 by CAV
#26 Posted: 02:59:35 27/03/2011
To me, LoS Spyro is a hero, but not a true hero. Same goes for Classic Spyro. As for luck....I can't remember many situations when he had it, really. My memory is a little fuzzy.

No problem.
....Shameless advertising, right there!smilie
I might try reading your comic sometime. I've had ideas for my own original comic series, so taking a look at yours may help me figure out the best way to organize a comic.
---
#27 Posted: 03:10:31 27/03/2011
While I think of Frodo and 9 as somewhat heroic (but even then, not really; it's the people around them who are the real heroes), that kind of character just isn't the guy who should be getting all the credit for saving the world. Unfortunately, LoS feels like that's exactly what we're supposed to believe most of the time.

I suppose "lucky" isn't quite the word with Spyro... Well, he's lucky to be alive, considering that the world just tramples all over him (which is quite hilarious to me and has been since I first played ANsmilie. My memory's a bit fuzzy, too, and I'm distracted.

Heck yeah, it's shameless! smilie Ye Gods! is my baby and I love it to bits. I've even considered doing a LoS parody with Lora just to mix in my old fandom and maybe give the folks who watch me just for my Spyro art a reason to read it. smilie In fact, here's Anubis as a LoS dragon. smilie

Though you really shouldn't use my comic work as a learning example. The whole thing is basically "watch Razz attempt to teach herself how to make a comic and screw it up...every week!". smilie
#28 Posted: 03:18:33 27/03/2011
I didn't list Frodo simply because I have yet to see LotR. I have all 3 DVDs here since my mother liked them, but they were never opened. Like I said. I feel like Spyro in LoS is like every other character Wood has provided voice for in an animated film.

Shameless advertising: It's only ok when Razzek does it.

^Someone should make that as a motivational poster. In fact, I'll do it.
#29 Posted: 03:18:55 27/03/2011
^But Frodo did save the world, didn't he?

Keep Holding On and Guide You Home sound nothing alike, IMO. I've been familiar with Keep Holding On for a long time, and I never even connected the two until it was mentioned they sound similar. smilie I don't see it.

I usually sit through until the credits no matter what it is, but with DotD, I kept watching because one, I loved the ending, and two, I loved the credits music. :3

Elijah's characters Frodo and Spyro do kinda remind me of eachother. Maybe it's just because of the actor? But then again, both Frodo and TLoS Spyro start out leading ordinary lives, but end up becoming huge heroes who save the world, and they're the opposite of cocky and so on. They really are alike, actually, IMO. Spyro always reminds me of Frodo in the scene where Ignitus dies, where he's yelling for him.
#30 Posted: 03:27:55 27/03/2011
If LotR is going to be discussed in that manner, do you mind putting spoiler tags? I'm kinda planning to see them.

They sound alike in some ways, with the guitar, and a fair amount of verses and the chorus sound similar to each other.

I didn't like how the replayed Guide You Home when the song ended during the credits. I just got annoyed.
#31 Posted: 03:31:30 27/03/2011
Ahhh, I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking, and didn't think I was spoiling anything major. :/

I don't know, I just don't see it. They have guitar, yeah, but I don't know, I just don't hear it. *shrug*

But didn't they only do that for only last few seconds of the credits?
#32 Posted: 03:31:53 27/03/2011
He kind of did.

I just think the instruments sound similar, and the occasional note. But even the message of the songs is different to me.

I sit through credits too. However, the second time I completed DotD was with my friend, and when the credits played, I just said "I have to go take in the clothes drying outside". smilie

I agree, except for the cocky part. Spyro showed at least a little bit of cockyness in each game, and in ANB, he was pretty much full-on cocky.
---
#33 Posted: 03:34:25 27/03/2011
CAV: It comes recommended. LotR is Wood at his best.

It's only okay when I do it because this is literally the only time I've ever done it? smilie

Darby: Nope, Frodo did not save the world. In fact, he nearly destroyed it. His friends were the ones who kicked butt, he was just kind of an unlucky guy who needed a ton of help.

I only sat through the DotD credits to see the ending scene. I didn't like Guide You Home from the start. I'll take Keep Holding On any day over that, and I'm not too crazy about that song, either (I only like it because of the end of the Rifftrax version where Disemaudio is singing it off key; it's hilarious smilie).
#34 Posted: 03:35:44 27/03/2011
I'll have to listen to Keep Holding On again smilie

That probably saved some awkwardness smilie

That's true. I agree that Spyro was definitely cocky in ANB, but it seems like he grew more serious throughout the trilogy and more down-to-it.
#35 Posted: 03:37:26 27/03/2011
I disagree....Green Street is Wood at his best!smilie
Screw all the medieval stuff he's in, football riots is where the shiz is at!smilie
---
#36 Posted: 03:39:54 27/03/2011
Spyro didn't seem cocky in ANB. He seemed like most Wood characters: Unaware of what's going on, but still wanting to fight while everyone else is scarred ****less.

Of course. I remember trying to watch it with my mother when I was a kid (I think it was Return of the King). 15 minutes later I walked away because I wasn't interested. Chances are I'll love them when I watch them later next week.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:07 27/03/2011 by CAV
#37 Posted: 03:42:16 27/03/2011
@CAV - You're right about Spyro's personality, but in ANB I remember him having his moments, at least. I even recall a moment when Sparx commented on it. But other than that, he's modest, not so confident, but still strong and willing to fight

It's only okay when I do it because this is literally the only time I've ever done it? smilie

Darby: Nope, Frodo did not save the world. In fact, he nearly destroyed it. His friends were the ones who kicked butt, he was just kind of an unlucky guy who needed a ton of help.

I only sat through the DotD credits to see the ending scene. I didn't like Guide You Home from the start. I'll take Keep Holding On any day over that, and I'm not too crazy about that song, either (I only like it because of the end of the Rifftrax version where Disemaudio is singing it off key; it's hilarious smilie).

Oh wow, you're right, I haven't watched the movies in a while even though they're my favorite.

Spoiled for CAV
If it weren't for Sam, Aaragorn, Legolas etc, the world would have definitely been destroyed. He did need help.

I didn't realize at the time that you could skip through the credits, but I wouldn't want to anyway, but it would've been handy for you smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:45:10 27/03/2011 by Darby
#38 Posted: 03:51:08 27/03/2011
Never seen Green Street, so I can't comment. I only know of Wood because of LotR (which I watched because I am a giant fantasy nerd smilie).

I thought Spyro was too serious from ANB onward, but he at least had a slightly light hearted line in ANB. DotD was just...urgh. So emo for the whole game (and if it wasn't him, it was Cynder or Hunter, or everyone but Sparx). ANB Spyro is my favorite version when it comes to LoS because he did say one or two things that made me crack a smile (which is nice, because LoS usually has me laughing for entirely unintentional reasons smilie).

LotR spoilers!
And Gandalf! Gandalf saved all of their butts! But Sam kept Frodo from dying in a fire. smilie

I haven't made it through DotD a second time. I replayed both ANB and TEN at least three times a piece, but the minute Cynder starts talking in DotD I just can't do it. Whenever I get my games back, I might give it another go in German or something.
#39 Posted: 03:56:34 27/03/2011
He was the average Wood character in ANB. He still kept that, while being a bit too curious (don't yell at the Chronicler), and towards the end becoming depressed in TEN. And in DotD he was just wimpy and the bare minimum of a hero ("Nothing to fight for"). In DotD, I tend to think that Cynder was better off being the hero. Not because I like the character, but because she actually tried to do something, and took more of a leadership role in her personality. Spyro usually just moped about how he can't do anything and that he let everybody down.

I've played through all 3 games twice. Although I did get a little stuck on Gaul since I don't have the patience to sit there and slowly take pieces of his health off.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:15:11 27/03/2011 by CAV
#40 Posted: 04:01:18 27/03/2011
I agree with you, I liked his personality in ANB the best. In DotD, Cynder was the one with the cocky attitude. Well, I'm not sure if you'd call it cocky, but she seemed to have an attitude. Hunter was just plain serious.

And you're right!
I'm trying to stop myself from going on and on all geeky about LotR smilie

You must REALLY hate Christina Ricci as Cynder. I was good with all of her VA tbh. I liked all the voice acting, with the exception of DotD Sparx
#41 Posted: 04:06:04 27/03/2011
I'm in agreement with you on all that, CAV. I liked the little weeny in ANB/TEN well enough, but in DotD I just wanted to punch the stupid out of him.

Hurr, I died so much fighting Gaul because I kept just slowing down time to look at his butt. smilie

Cynder in DotD couldn't decide if she wanted to be a snappy little snot or a crybaby. And, yes, I despise Ricci's performance as her. I loved Cree Summer in ANB the most as her.

I used to be super obsessed with LotR. smilie I've kind of forgotten a lot of it now in favor of fantasy books I like much more.
#42 Posted: 04:14:42 27/03/2011
Spyro was a wimp, Cynder was a smartass, Sparx got very little screen time so nobody could figure it out, and Hunter was emotionless and void of personality. Ergo, Cynder had the best personality out of the 4.

I don't really think Cynder was being a crybaby. It kinda looked like she was trying to forget about the past. It wasn't until the end where she really started to feel sorry for what she did.

Razz, why did you look at Gaul's butt? I know about your past art of him, but I'm still confused.

I still don't find Ricci to be bad or good. Just forgettable. And I still cannot decide on which VA did the best Cynder. Summer looked like she was overacting at pieces, and some lines were just corny. Whitman didn't really get to show off since we barely see Cynder. And Ricci, like I said, was forgettable.
#43 Posted: 04:46:28 27/03/2011
Pretty much, yep.

Her attitude about her past in DotD bugged me a great deal. She was either ignoring it or feeling sorry for herself, both things that just struck me as being very OOC.

I made the mistake of drawing a pin-up of him and everything just went down hill after that. smilie He has a nice butt for a horrible monkey thing (and his evil laugh is great). I was also deeply amused by his lack of pants and I have the humor tastes of a six year old and still think butts in and of themselves are funny. smilie

For Summer's part, she really couldn't help what she was working with as far as the corniness of the lines. I found her overacting to be an asset; the rest of the game was so over the top, it needed a villain to be likewise. smilie
#44 Posted: 05:02:41 27/03/2011
To me, it looked like she was trying to ignore it. Think about it. We don't want her to end up like Shadow the Hedgehog, where she ends up thinking about her past all the time and as a result turns emo. I'd much rather her try to avoid it and just act like a smartass. It fits much better, and to me, it's less of a Mary Sue, since the emo trick has been done far too many times.

OOC in the sense of? I cannot remember the definition of that for the life of me, and Google isn't helping. D:

Gaul was really lacking in screen time. As a result I never really developed an opinion of him. To me, he's just the final boss.

I don't get it. Gaul lacks pants. So does Spyro and Cynder. Nobody is going and drawing pin ups of the---Never mind. The point is, very few characters in gaming wear pants. It's not new. =P

And I find butts funny only depending on how they do it. I'm not like in the sense of "Heheheheh.....it's a butt". I kinda want clever humor to go along with it, and maybe you'll get a chuckle from me, which is rare (I don't usually laugh, even when I think something is funny).

I guess the lines were mostly to blame. But at the same time it was funny to hear her say them. And the game wasn't over the top for me really. The game was just average in that department. Quiet really, with the exception of Sparx's random bursts of humor.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:16 27/03/2011 by CAV
#45 Posted: 05:26:01 27/03/2011
In this one instance I kind of wanted to see her confront her past. I was expecting her to be more snarky with the Hermit ("Yeah, I did all that. What're you gonna do about it?") but she just decided to mope, lie to Spyro about how she felt, and ignore it. In the end, it feels like she's going to have a lot of unresolved issues that she should have cleared up by now (since she did all her necessary moping in TEN).

OOC = out of character.

I didn't at first, but after paying a little bit of attention to what he says in TEN it certainly paints the dragons in a more negative light and made me wonder why it was we were supposed to hate the apes.

True, but Spyro and Cynder don't have well defined, human-like rear ends, and I'll say it: I like butts as a general rule. smilie As for humor, I am both high class and very low brow. I love witty comedy, but I will laugh just as hard at someone farting in church. smilie

Oh, it's not like the game was over the top on purpose. What kills me about LoS is that it's just trying so hard to be so epic that it comes out the other end immediately. I just can't take a whit of seriously when I'm playing. It's either annoying, just plain stupid, or so serious that I find myself laughing. I think I can count all the times I actually laughed at jokes in the games that were supposed to be funny on one hand.
#46 Posted: 05:45:34 27/03/2011
I guess that would've been a bit nice to see her take note of her past. But at the same time, I didn't really expect her to. I don't really know if ignoring her past would help her or not, because in some cases it does, since it already happened and there's not reason to mope about it when nothing can be changed.

I figured OOC meant that, but I wasn't really sure since I was given several different definitions. I just wanted to be sure.

Maybe if I play the game again I'll take note of more things and develop an opinion. Or he could end up being stuck simply as the final boss of TEN and the guy that took years to do what Cynder nearly did in such short time.

They don't have human rear ends, but that doesn't stop people from thinking about it, and in some cases drawing anthro art to try and make it seem that way.

My humor is strange and always changing. A lot of times I won't laugh at anything unless it's cleverly written. And other times something as stupid as someone tripping and falling down the stairs will make me crack up. Farting in church would make me laugh IRL, rather than in a game or movie. Then again, that would mean I have to go to church, which I don't due to my thoughts.

LoS did at times try to hard to be like Assassin's Creed or some other serious game with a strong story. Sometimes, it almost gets there, only for Sparx to say something that tosses all of that down the crapper. At times it's funny. At others I just wonder what was the point.

And seeing how I was a kid when I played ANB, I found the jokes in there funny. And a few I still find funny to some extent. TEN didn't really try to joke around. And DotD was filled with people trying to be a smartass, and that ended up being funny on its own right.
#47 Posted: 06:39:40 27/03/2011
It was her hang-headed mopiness about it that felt really OOC to me about it. By this point in the series, having her feeling sorry for herself like that was just...maddening.

I could always tell you my backstory ideas for Gaul. smilie

It sure didn't stop me, apparently, but I wasn't particularly attracted to the dragons outside of Cynder's dark form in ANB (and that had the advantage of being voiced by Cree Summer, who's voice alone I find incredibly attractive). Gaul I did find appealing and I did very few bad pics of him (and those were considerably more twisted than the usual, go figure).

Humor in games/movies is different from RL humor, obviously. In those mediums, I definitely prefer wit and there's an art and subtlety to body humor that a lot of people outright ignore.

LoS = God of War + new Star Wars trilogy + all the things Tolkien did better + dragons

ANB's only funny joke for me was Sparx's commentary about Spyro being fat (I laughed myself sick about the over the top faux epicness and bad animation, though smilie). TEN, the only stuff that made me laugh was Sparx's lines as delivered by Billy West. DotD...I think Cynder's crack about "Twist what?! It's magic!" was it. The rest of the game was so depressing I couldn't even laugh at it's idiocies.
#48 Posted: 10:00:59 27/03/2011
I've lost track of things here....dunno what to say!smilie;
---
#49 Posted: 15:11:04 27/03/2011
I never really laugh out loud at jokes in video games, but I found a lot of stuff Sparx said in ANB made me crack a smile, or at least laugh on the inside. David Spade did the best job on Sparx, IMO. I loved him. For some reason, even if Sparx did crack a joke in TEN, I don't know. I wasn't used to the change between David Spade and Billy West, and it wasn't as funny as it could've been.

I honestly cannot decide which voice of Cynder's I like more between the three. I'm kind of leaning towards Mae Whitman though. I think that she voiced Cynder perfectly in TEN.
#50 Posted: 15:57:12 27/03/2011
^I never really laugh out loud either unless someone is nearby. For some reason, it's easier to laugh that way.

It was her hang-headed mopiness about it that felt really OOC to me about it. By this point in the series, having her feeling sorry for herself like that was just...maddening.

I could always tell you my backstory ideas for Gaul. smilie

It sure didn't stop me, apparently, but I wasn't particularly attracted to the dragons outside of Cynder's dark form in ANB (and that had the advantage of being voiced by Cree Summer, who's voice alone I find incredibly attractive). Gaul I did find appealing and I did very few bad pics of him (and those were considerably more twisted than the usual, go figure).

Humor in games/movies is different from RL humor, obviously. In those mediums, I definitely prefer wit and there's an art and subtlety to body humor that a lot of people outright ignore.

LoS = God of War + new Star Wars trilogy + all the things Tolkien did better + dragons

ANB's only funny joke for me was Sparx's commentary about Spyro being fat (I laughed myself sick about the over the top faux epicness and bad animation, though smilie). TEN, the only stuff that made me laugh was Sparx's lines as delivered by Billy West. DotD...I think Cynder's crack about "Twist what?! It's magic!" was it. The rest of the game was so depressing I couldn't even laugh at it's idiocies.

I didn't really see here become sorry until near the end. And we all know that piece is god-awful up until the very last lines that are quoted as the title of this topic. It was OOC, and to an extent it didn't look like I was watch a cutscene from DotD, but rather from Shadow the Hedgehog.

Feel free to do so. smilie

Something tells me if I was able to draw, it wouldn't really stop me either. We all have a perv inside us. D:

Yeah. I can't stand slapstick most of the time in games, and especially movies, because it's just downright childish and is more painful than funny, with the only exception being classic cartoons that did it right. But for something like that to happen IRL would just be hilarious. How could you not laugh at someone suffering such convenient unintentional torture?

I can see how LoS would look like GoW and LotR/Hobbit, but how does it remind you of the Star Wars prequel trilogy? I don't really see it other than a kid noticing who he really is and wanting to help fight to save the world/galaxy.

I can't really count all of the funny jokes in ANB, but that one was one of them. Along with that awkward Sparx comment that everybody likes to quote (you know which one). TEN barely made me laugh at all, but I did like the little nod they did to Sparx and him eating butterflies from the original games. DotD made me laugh for the smartass comments everybody made, particularly from you-know-who. I also cracked up at how Malefor looked.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me