First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Something i dont get about DOTD [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#51 Posted: 20:28:04 14/03/2011
That's actually a good theory Riverhippo. Too bad they didn't go ahead with that idea. It would've been cool.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#52 Posted: 20:35:01 14/03/2011
I had been hoping she would betray Spyro at some point in DotD (it's certainly in line with her established personality in ANB and TEN) but, as CAV says, it's a shame they didn't use that in the game.
#53 Posted: 20:45:01 14/03/2011
Yeah, and I would've forgave it if they actually allowed us to fight her when she got corrupted or whatever you want to call it. But nope. All I could do is sit there and watch Spyro make a speech how he has nothing to fight for.
#54 Posted: 20:50:33 14/03/2011
That scene was horrible (in the stupid way) and just pathetic. I wanted to kick him myself for being such a wuss.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#55 Posted: 21:31:32 14/03/2011
Quote: Razz
I had been hoping she would betray Spyro at some point in DotD (it's certainly in line with her established personality in ANB and TEN) but, as CAV says, it's a shame they didn't use that in the game.

That would've made the game so interesting! For him to come to trust her, and turns out she's still got evil in her.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#56 Posted: 21:35:02 14/03/2011
I would rather her just screw up something (well, she did....but I wanted MOARZ!!smilie) rather than turn bad AGAIN. I had enough of Sonic being all over the place, and I don't want Cynder doing it too.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#57 Posted: 23:30:58 14/03/2011
Wait, what'd she screw up in DotD? o.o
#58 Posted: 02:54:04 15/03/2011
I'm curious about that, too. o.o

I just wanted her to have been the main villain for the whole game. They could have found a way to redeem her at the last if they wanted to, but her character throughout ANB/TEN and even a bit in DotD suggested that she was just as likely to turn on the good guys as help them.
#59 Posted: 14:30:12 15/03/2011
I think he means screw up in the sense of how she got Spryo to free Malefor.

That scene was horrible (in the stupid way) and just pathetic. I wanted to kick him myself for being such a wuss.

I agree. I know I like DotD, I give it credit, and I praise EL for doing what they did with the little time they had. But that is easily one of the cheapest scenes in gaming, and only left me pissed off.

I didn't want to kick him, since that would mean kicking my TV and breaking it and I didn't want that. smilie
#60 Posted: 18:43:07 15/03/2011
No, not just that, but a couple of other little things.
---
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#61 Posted: 00:02:54 16/03/2011
What I hate is that when they enter the volcano place right after Ignitus dies and Spyro goes insane in anger and Cynder does everything she can to calm him down. THEN they walk up to Malifors lair and SHE gets corrupt and Spyro doesn't do ANYTHING about it. He just sits there and delivers the stupiest line in the game:

"Because he left me nothing to fight for."

And Cynder, realizing he isn't going to help like he shoud just randomly turns back to herself.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#62 Posted: 00:04:21 16/03/2011
Pie1, you're really flaming on something that happened 3 years ago, you know that? X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:08:38 16/03/2011 by Aura24
#63 Posted: 00:05:04 16/03/2011
...whatever. Nevermind.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#64 Posted: 00:05:17 16/03/2011
They aren't flaming, just stating their opinion on an open topic.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#65 Posted: 00:09:46 16/03/2011
I wasn't talking about the others who stated their opinion..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#66 Posted: 00:30:41 16/03/2011
Voldemort wanted to kill Harry himself only up to book 4 because he needed his blood. After that he really didn't care how Harry died so long as he did.

What concept art is this now? I don't think I've ever seen it.

that's true
but remember in book 7 he said he needed to be the one to kill Harry to fulfill the prophecy
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#67 Posted: 00:39:19 16/03/2011
Quote: Aura24
I wasn't talking about the others who stated their opinion..

I do not want to start a fight, but considering all the other topics on this website flaming this game, I don't see why you should shoot down me of all people.
---
#68 Posted: 00:46:13 16/03/2011
Quote: pie1
What I hate is that when they enter the volcano place right after Ignitus dies and Spyro goes insane in anger and Cynder does everything she can to calm him down. THEN they walk up to Malifors lair and SHE gets corrupt and Spyro doesn't do ANYTHING about it. He just sits there and delivers the stupiest line in the game:

And Cynder, realizing he isn't going to help like he shoud just randomly turns back to herself.

I'm in agreement with Pie1 on this. Of course, Spyro's such a weeny in LoS that it makes sense for Cynder to wear the pants in the "relationship" (as it were). That scene was just so stupid...
#69 Posted: 00:47:17 16/03/2011
If the scene wasn't rushed, then it would've made a little more sense...
---
#70 Posted: 01:32:18 16/03/2011
Alas, I really don't think that's the case. Yes, DotD itself was rushed, but there's no excuse for that scene to have been as bad and incoherent as it was. They were just topping off their cliche quota and, unfortunately, the cliches they picked for that scene don't go well together.
#71 Posted: 02:09:36 16/03/2011
Well, the story wasn't written by professional story writers after all...
---
#72 Posted: 03:14:20 16/03/2011
Yep, though that was a problem from the start. I suspect the guys at Krome might have been what made the stuff in ANB and TEN a little bit more sensible.
#73 Posted: 15:24:43 16/03/2011
^Maybe Krome proof-read the script. smilie
#74 Posted: 16:46:05 16/03/2011
Or the team came up with ideas as they worked on the game (which often happens). EL, not being native English speakers even, probably just took the script they were given and went with it. Since they didn't have any past experience with LoS and were in a crunch, they didn't have time to make any changes to fix it.
#75 Posted: 16:48:22 16/03/2011
Razz, you know I was just joking about Krome proof-reading, right?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#76 Posted: 12:29:00 24/03/2011
It's basically just another giant plothole. That and Malefor is quite possibly the dumbest, worst villain of all time. :D

This. :3
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#77 Posted: 18:08:29 24/03/2011
Quote: pie1

Yeah. That kinda shows that Cynder may as well have been the main star of the game, since she's the better person to play as, and she obviously has more willpower and strength than Spyro. Cynder haters wouldn't like it, but at this point, it would be logical.

Quote: Aura24
Pie1, you're really flaming on something that happened 3 years ago, you know that? X3

So? Everybody flames things, regardless of how old it is. Critics to this day flame E.T, the worst game of all time. Nostalgia Critic and AVGN review bad movies and games (respectively), most of which came out over 20 years ago, and they each made a career out of it. And I try to bash ETD every chance I get, dispite how old that game is. And you tend to bash DotD Cynder for her design, along with many people here. It's nature to flame things, regardless of age.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:08:55 24/03/2011 by CAV
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#78 Posted: 20:07:34 24/03/2011
Yes, it would have been better if Cynder was still evil...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#79 Posted: 06:27:50 25/03/2011
^ She was so awesome in ANB.
---
#80 Posted: 09:42:38 25/03/2011
She was a disappointment in ANB....like the game itself....
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#81 Posted: 11:11:51 25/03/2011
I don't see her as a disappointment in ANB, in fact, I agree with DC_543. Cynder is much better when she is evil, to me anyway.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#82 Posted: 12:09:33 25/03/2011
I've said this from the beginning: LoS itself would have been better if they'd just not tried to shoehorn Spyro into it and made the series about Cynder. Either make her the prime bad guy or have her be the main playable character.

Also, yeah, ANB was the best of the lot when it comes to this trilogy. The least number of gaping plot holes, some of the best music and voice acting, best environments, etc.
#83 Posted: 14:18:24 25/03/2011
To me, LoS is the same as Skylanders in this department: The game wouldn't be better or worse if Spyro was taken out. I don't get how the game would be better with him out of the equation. It would be the exact same game, but without a purple dragon and Elijah Wood voicing him.

Cannot decide on the best game. ANB or DotD. Story wise, DotD gets murdered. But otherwise....
#84 Posted: 14:58:42 25/03/2011
Heh, that's exactly why it would be better. I'd much rather play a dragon who wasn't Spyro voiced by Elijah Wood, even if the rest of the game had been the same. My biggest problem with LoS is that it's a Spyro game when it has absolutely nothing in common with the fun, cute, strange world of Spyro except for a few characters that happen to be similar species sharing a name.

Really, I hated the gameplay of LoS in every version, so the story and all the other fiddly bits are what I make my judgment calls with. In terms of appropriate atmosphere, I think TEN beats them both (it's consistently moody from start to finish, while ANB starts cheery and ends in this weirdly dark/cheery way, and DotD is just depressing but wants you to think it's a happy game).
#85 Posted: 16:05:02 25/03/2011
To me, it wouldn't make a difference if Spyro was in it or not. It still would've been decent games to me. It would literally make no difference. I don't get why the exclusion of Spyro would make it such a better game, when the gameplay and story doesn't change. And how can it be fun and cute when it's a reboot? smilie

The gameplay was ok in all of them. Although DotD had many more glitches, I have yet to encounter each and every one.

It's funny how DotD and ANB have mood swings. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:10:59 25/03/2011 by CAV
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#86 Posted: 17:12:52 25/03/2011
ANB was kinda cute- to me it seemed like Krome were trying to gradually make Spyro a darker series, rather then going straight from magical and innocent to gloomy and epic. TEN was, I think most will agree, very dark- compared to ANB, there wasn't much variation in the levels, which certainly didn't help, seeing as we were stuck with the same dark enviroments. DotD seemed just right to me- it felt as if they'd finally found the right balance, and the bright, lush levels set the right mood: some were relaxing and beautiful, others action packed and tense. The great bonuses and chapter selection feature made the game far less repetitive then ANB and even TEN. It's just my opinion, but I thought DotD had found the right formula...*Shot*
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#87 Posted: 17:14:39 25/03/2011
I'm pretty much the same as TheWereCat.
*Stands in front of TheWereCat to block bullet*
...I thought...I could...outsmart...bullet!smilie
---
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#88 Posted: 17:41:47 25/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I'm pretty much the same as TheWereCat.
*Stands in front of TheWereCat to block bullet*
...I thought...I could...outsmart...bullet!smilie

DotD fans, unite!

...Aw, crap, you need to be revived through the power of... Friendship? Self-respect? Spyro and Cynder's 'feelings'?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#89 Posted: 17:48:06 25/03/2011
I'll go with the second one...I need a lot more of it..smilie
And I just don't understand the third one....don't think I want to....

For me, I found ANB very repetitive, and disappointing.
Cynder was a disappointment in it because everyone was like "OMG, SHE WAS SO AWESOME!!", but when I played it, she had hardly any significance.

TEN was a great game. One of the best challenging, tense games I have played in recent times.

DotD just felt more planned than the other two, in terms of gameplay....and yeah, I kinda liked the story....smilie
---
#90 Posted: 18:07:59 25/03/2011
ANB was good for it brung new gameplay to the table, a darker setting, and some good VA from all the main characters (Wood, Oldman, Spade, etc.). I also might be able to say that this was Cynder's best performance, especially because of her VA, dispite the VA sounding so cheesy. Story was decent and tried to add a darker touch to the franchise, and it kinda worked, while still keeping some light-hearted-ness (which would become lost in TEN).

TEN seemed like a carbon copy of ANB, only much more difficult, and for all the wrong reasons. VA is decent, although I don't think West did a good job as Sparx. Other characters like the guardians and Cynder were given the boot in favor of more beating people up. It's cool to have convexity, but it's not worth playing the game all over again. I won't be as harsh as IGN and give it a 3.5/10, but it's definately the weakest of the bunch.

DotD is the oddball of the three games. There are pieces that were really good, and others that stunk a big one. Story was plothole ridden and barely made any sense. A lot of cutscenes were corny, and the game holds the award for one of the worst cutscenes I've ever seen in a game ("Because I have nothing to fight for"). VA was a mixed bag. Wood sounded more wimpy than ever before (I mean EVER, not just in terms of LoS). Oldman seemed to hit the very few lines he was given. Ricci and Underwood were very forgettable. And the less I talk about Brady, the better. The gameplay was solid, and I've only run into a few glitches that were mentioned on this site. The graphics and landscapes are beutiful. And I honestly like Cynder's smartass personality in this. Like the other 2 games, replay value is pretty low, and once you finish the game, you won't really care to complete it 100% (I didn't).

So it's between ANB or DotD as to which is the best of the trilogy.
Cynro Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#91 Posted: 23:01:37 04/04/2011
that might have been a better plot than what they had in the game but then what about spyro and cynder she would have never told spyro that she loved him so yea i just blew your mind

"why do i care"
---
can you hear the voices in the darkness
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#92 Posted: 13:04:06 14/04/2011
Wait a sec, I figured it out. Krome didn't die because of the game... They died because EL came in. If EL didn't come in, Krome would have made the game, and they probably wouldn't have become bankrupt. Frink you, Estranges Libellius, I've figured out what to hate you for.

But anyway, on topic... I think they should have just killed Cynder. It would have been more dramatic and somewhat less cliched than turning or staying with Spyro, and I don't mean an "I'll protect you from giant sucky villain!" death, I mean a "You really trusted me?" death... Kinda like Kludd in Legend of The Guardians. I mean, not death... Err...
#93 Posted: 15:24:17 14/04/2011
.....You do realise that Krome made Game Room....that's pretty well known....

Seriously, that's just low. EL didn't have anything to do with Krome dying...evident EL hatin' there....
---
#94 Posted: 16:38:55 14/04/2011
Krome didn't die because of EL. There are 3 problems to that:

1. Sierra is the company that hired Krome to do the LoS games. Sierra got absorbed by Activision. I'm guessing Activision figured it's cheaper to use EL rather than Krome. So Krome was booted off and replaced with EL.

2. Krome continued to make other games. Like Brawler said, they made Game Room on Xbox. That's very well known, and popular in some cases.

3. They shut down because the global recession forced them to let several people go, and eventually everyone else. EL didn't do a thing.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#95 Posted: 01:37:00 15/04/2011
I just won't bother to explain what I meant though, because I know I'll get either the same response or just have to explain over and over before people finally get it. But I thought Krome left because EL came in? In either case, they certainly have a massive reason for me to hate them because of creating this flawed game, to say the least.

But back on topic.
#96 Posted: 01:46:21 15/04/2011
There is nothing to get. EL didn't kill Krome.
#97 Posted: 16:30:22 15/04/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
I just won't bother to explain what I meant though, because I know I'll get either the same response or just have to explain over and over before people finally get it. But I thought Krome left because EL came in? In either case, they certainly have a massive reason for me to hate them because of creating this flawed game, to say the least.

But back on topic.

Every game is flawed....even Portal...
---
#98 Posted: 03:29:40 24/04/2011
I have a good way to end TLOS.

Original spyro wakes up after Legend Spyro defeats Malefor.

Original Spyro: OMG IT WAS JUST ALL A DREAM. BETTER LAY OF THE APPLE SAUCE TONIGHT.

*shot* *stab'd* brick'd*
---
#99 Posted: 03:34:27 24/04/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I have a good way to end TLOS.

Original spyro wakes up after Legend Spyro defeats Malefor.

Original Spyro: OMG IT WAS JUST ALL A DREAM. BETTER LAY OF THE APPLE SAUCE TONIGHT.

*shot* *stab'd* brick'd*

AWARD WINNING.

But how could he dream something like LoS just by eating apple sauce?
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#100 Posted: 05:20:01 24/04/2011
Well, most people seem to agree that dragons are carnivorous, thus apple sauce would be a major stomach up-setter. XD
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me