First | Previous | Page 10 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What Do You Think Of It? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#451 Posted: 20:39:33 27/05/2011
Quote: Robo-Spyro
It might not work. In my opinion, The model used for Spyro looks like an AHT Spyro hit several times with a hammer. And who are they to take away poor Sparx? Without him he's hardly Spyro anymore, not that I'm stating to be a huge fan of Sparx. This might not actually be Spyro, that's... er.. I dunno.

When a game is rebooted, all supporting characters usually get the axe. We were lucky enough to get Sparx in LoS.

But to say that Spyro isn't Spyro without Sparx is just like saying Spyro isn't Spyro without Cynder: It isn't the case, since supporting characters don't make a video game, especially when the main character is still around.
Clark_Kent99 Green Sparx Gems: 109
#452 Posted: 17:08:48 29/05/2011
Well, the storyline sounds ok, but the idea of using toys to play a game just doesn't sound good at all. The designs look awful, like something from an LSD induced children's show. Plus, this Kaos guy sounds like he's just gonna be a ripoff of Darkseid. But I am NOT flaming or anything, I'm just posting my opinion.
---
I rise from the ashes.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#453 Posted: 18:16:13 29/05/2011
Quote: Clark_Kent99
Well, the storyline sounds ok, but the idea of using toys to play a game just doesn't sound good at all. The designs look awful, like something from an LSD induced children's show. Plus, this Kaos guy sounds like he's just gonna be a ripoff of Darkseid. But I am NOT flaming or anything, I'm just posting my opinion.

I've never heard of Darkseid.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#454 Posted: 23:30:39 29/05/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

He's a villain from Superman.....His name is pronounced Dark Side, and he's an evil spirit who is the master of a world called Apokolips (Apocalypse) and he can control and possess people just like this Kaos guy.
---
I rise from the ashes.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#455 Posted: 23:34:55 29/05/2011

He's a villain from Superman.....His name is pronounced Dark Side, and he's an evil spirit who is the master of a world called Apokolips (Apocalypse) and he can control and possess people just like this Kaos guy.

Isn't that the same for most villains? It's a kids game, you can't really expect them to go too far into the details.
#456 Posted: 00:11:42 30/05/2011
Quote: bionicle2809

Isn't that the same for most villains? It's a kids game, you can't really expect them to go too far into the details.

Actually no. Most villains are just hotheads who have big dreams of controlling or destroying the world. And well, you gotta point, but I hope they're creative with it.
---
I rise from the ashes.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#457 Posted: 19:58:27 30/05/2011
Quote: bionicle2809

Actually no. Most villains are just hotheads who have big dreams of controlling or destroying the world. And well, you gotta point, but I hope they're creative with it.

Agreed, most villians have predicatble ideas and something that drives them to destruction.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#458 Posted: 22:56:08 20/06/2011
What I think of Skylanders . . . Spyro got turned into a U. B. Funkey!
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
PurpleEye Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#459 Posted: 07:04:35 22/06/2011
Before you read this plz note that I am not a Skylanders hater I just think something different.

I personaly hoped that after this game comes out, they will see that many ppl hate it and they will do something about it, (since they only want money!) and they will go back to TLOS.

just my hopes!
---
dat dog dance
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#460 Posted: 07:06:39 22/06/2011
The game's target audience is young children, PurpleEye, not the nostalgia hoarding Skylander haters. And Activision and Toys for Bob are well-aware of the haters, but they're not listening to their rowdy and out of control demands and threats.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:11:45 22/06/2011 by Aura24
#461 Posted: 14:18:41 22/06/2011
Quote: PurpleEye
Before you read this plz note that I am not a Skylanders hater I just think something different.

I personaly hoped that after this game comes out, they will see that many ppl hate it and they will do something about it, (since they only want money!) and they will go back to TLOS.

just my hopes!

Yes, they only want money. That's why they're not continuing LoS. The games didn't sell well.
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#462 Posted: 19:26:57 22/06/2011
I'm not so sure about this game yet but I won't knock it 'till I try it.

I do, however, hope that if this game doesn't sell well to spyro fans, or anyone else for that matter (Since all they want is money), they'll go back to making more real Spyro games and take him out of Skylanders if they do.

But that's just my opinion. I'm just nutral about this game.
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
#463 Posted: 19:29:03 22/06/2011
They said that if Skylanders sold well, they'll return Spyro back to being the main character in upcoming games.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#464 Posted: 19:46:34 22/06/2011
Quote: Aura24
They said that if Skylanders sold well, they'll return Spyro back to being the main character in upcoming games.

Therefore, by protesting the game, you would harm it's sales (pff, yeah right), and destroy all chances of any more Spyro games with him as the main character.

If you don't like the game, there's no need to constantly complain and whine. Just skip the game, and hope it sells well so we can get another Spyro game.
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#465 Posted: 22:09:25 22/06/2011
I think this will be good, but for all the wrong reasons, a great story thats still simplistic, same for the gameplay and a wonderful score, its got a decent enough pedegree from what ive seen so far. But its too much of them trying to make the next great hit, and not enough of what spyro was to begin with, for with insomniac and vivindi as well it didnt intend to sell more copies than halo or any other media frenzy. Activision is well aware of hate, but also knows how to make money, and that above all things is what we should be concerned about. They may make an injoyable plaformer-ish action game, but ppl complained that AHT lost its magic with having an open world aspect to it. Hard for me to agree with, but i hope you guys see what i mean.

edit:i use vary faint grammar and for a reason, as i have ADD and an immensly short attention span to begin with, srry smilie
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
InsaneAlphaBeta Green Sparx Gems: 194
#466 Posted: 22:28:11 22/06/2011
i would be lieing if i said it didnt look interesting, however, it just doesnt look like a game i would play, it seems interesting, but i dont like the toy aspect,

(yes i understand this game is directed towards the child market. but even so, i still probabaly wouldnt get it at the moment, we dont really know much gameplay wise and we have only seen bits and peaces from the trailer.)

that si atleast my opinion
#467 Posted: 22:40:59 22/06/2011
Quote: SpyroPurple
I think this will be good, but for all the wrong reasons, a great story that's still simplistic, same for the gameplay and a wonderful score, its got a decent enough pedegree from what ive seen so far. But its too much of them trying to make the next great hit,
I don't think Activision would think of making any other game then call of duty *there next great hit* or rather *there next big game*, Activision is focused on money, not there fans, they have shown and proved this throughout the years, they have fired companies just because there games didn't sell well, they have milked countless franchises, and rushed tons of games, all for money.

if anything, its *there next big money grabber* in there eyes, don't get me wrong it looks like a decent game, but to activision its most likely just a way to get money while there developers do all the work.

edit:i use vary faint grammar and for a reason, as i have ADD and an immensly short attention span to begin with, srry smilie

it ok =) i didn't see any problem.
#468 Posted: 22:46:04 22/06/2011
Insane, you don't have to post two times. There IS the edit button if you're going to add new content to your comment.
---
#469 Posted: 22:54:44 22/06/2011
i know about the edit button, im just new here and i come fron forums like bungie and bethesda, in which, posts like what i did are usealy seperate, and editing them isnt needed. =P

though its not a big deal, i will just edit it next time =)
#470 Posted: 23:49:36 22/06/2011
yeah, i know but lately there've been a few ppl who are alittle on edge lately and alittle cranky so to speak, me being one of them today.
---
#471 Posted: 00:18:19 23/06/2011
yeah, i know but lately there've been a few ppl who are alittle on edge lately and alittle cranky so to speak, me being one of them today.

That usually happens when franchises change and go in a new direction, while this isn't necessarily *the next spyro game* like TLOS or the original trilligy, some fans don't know this and are misled into believing that this is the direction spyro is heading, which fans of the TLOS/Original trilligy have made apparent that they don't like that idea.
#472 Posted: 00:30:10 23/06/2011
yeah, then its like every single word you say is something of treason, like your betraying them or something, its still spyro.
---
#473 Posted: 01:19:14 23/06/2011
yeah, then its like every single word you say is something of treason, like your betraying them or something, its still spyro.
Yup, but sadly those people don't realise that, and they wont, and for Activision, and the fans who want spyro completely back *as in him being the main character in the new series* that's bad.

Those fans (if they don't buy this game) they are ruining the chance for another spyro game to be made. which is mostly Activisions fault, they are greedy, and will do whatever it takes to get money.

if people really want spyro back, in full force as the main character, they will buy it. (however some people are picky)
Because if Activision realises they can get money off of spyro, they will milk it for all its worth. and trust me, they know how to make money, they know how to get you to buy things you normally wouldn't, saying they will create a brand new spyro based game if Skylanders gets good sales, will definitely convince people to buy it, and dont worry, Activision wont go back on there promise/deal, they would lose alot of money if they did, and i can assure you they would not want that to happen

i had no plans on getting it, yet after hearing Activisions promise, im definitely thinking about it.
timmy16 Red Sparx Gems: 88
#474 Posted: 03:40:32 23/06/2011
this game ,in my eyes, is a major setback
---
we fear not deth
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#475 Posted: 06:43:02 23/06/2011
How can you say that when you have absolutely no knowledge of the game?
#476 Posted: 06:43:57 23/06/2011
realy ?
---
we fear not deth
#477 Posted: 06:45:36 23/06/2011
Yes really.

I'm trying to see your side here. But its complicated.
#478 Posted: 06:54:16 23/06/2011
ist a setback if you dont want spyro to be taken as a joke
---
we fear not deth
#479 Posted: 06:56:37 23/06/2011
How is he a joke?
Why would a game company, especially a greedy, money-hungry game company, want to spend their precious cash on a joke?
#480 Posted: 06:59:58 23/06/2011
idk ask em
---
we fear not deth
#481 Posted: 07:01:08 23/06/2011
Please, timmy. There ARE other sections, besides Skylanders, that you can talk to other people. Like the Idle Chatter section, or the Video Gaming section..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:03:36 23/06/2011 by Aura24
#482 Posted: 07:02:24 23/06/2011
im sorry
---
we fear not deth
#483 Posted: 07:02:54 23/06/2011
I don't think he really cares TBH Aura. smilie
I think all he really wants it to bash SSA, even though he really has no premise to base his argument upon.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#484 Posted: 07:05:07 23/06/2011
yes, timmy... instead of doing what you are doing... why don't you go to one of those sections? if you dislike Skylanders and can't comment constructivly on it it would be best to just go elsewhere.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#485 Posted: 07:06:41 23/06/2011
Exactly what Aura and BlackNight said.
#486 Posted: 08:31:00 23/06/2011
no im truely sorry because no matter what i say, it seems to trail off into some sort of argument
---
we fear not deth
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#487 Posted: 08:43:13 23/06/2011
^then simply watch what you say. some of the things you said were basically asking for an arguement. if you wanna ay something about a game and you can even say you don't like it (it's your opinion) but be constructive. give a reason why you don't and try not to offend anyone with any kind of harsh words.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#488 Posted: 14:26:35 23/06/2011
Quote: timmy16

You didn't play the game.

ist a setback if you dont want spyro to be taken as a joke

You didn't play the game.

And how is it a joke when it's a lot like the old games? To be completely honest, I thought it was a joke seeing how Spyro was attempting to be serious. It was a nice change, but at the same time, you couldn't help but laugh at it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:12 23/06/2011 by CAV
#489 Posted: 16:21:08 23/06/2011
I wouldn't say Skylanders is a lot like the old games, that's kind of over doing it, there are elements taken from the old games yes, but it doesn't look exactly like the old games, because you don't get to control lots of characters, and you have different characters that can do different attacks, and you can collect more things, the camera angle is different. There are a few differences put it that way. But then again it is my opinion of it so far, and not fact, and what CAV just said could be his own opinion too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:25 23/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#490 Posted: 17:17:55 23/06/2011
I think SSA is the closest we're gonna get to Classics.
#491 Posted: 21:23:51 23/06/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
I think SSA is the closest we're gonna get to Classics.

Yes, you could say that, but it's all to do with opinions on that one really.
You could talk about some things that are alike, but overall it won't be exactly the same. I don't think so anyway.
---
#492 Posted: 22:33:47 23/06/2011

This game is not *the next spyro game* its basicly a side project, and if it sales well, they will make *that next spyro game*

if you want spyro back, you should buy the game,
i hate to say that, but its the truth.
#493 Posted: 20:56:02 24/06/2011
It's a very large side project if you ask me, so if that is the case, I wonder what the actual project will be, lol.
---
First | Previous | Page 10 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me