Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro: Reborn [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1 Posted: 19:54:39 03/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh hai gaiz! Do you remember when we first heard about Spyro's Kingdom and everyone was speculating about what it would be? Well, I was kind of hoping it would be an original Spyro game, although I liked TLoS there was nothing wrong with the ending (besides a few plot holes) and it also meant that I could continue TDoS (now called Spyro: Redemption) without Activision ****ting on me... Anyway, one thing that I did mention in the original topic about Spyro's Kingdom was a remdinder to everyone that if they did continue with the original series, it would have to continue after Shadow Legacy. Although it was an alright game, we all know it didn't feel like an original game the same way that STD, GTG and YOTD did. So, lady's and gentlemen, this is...

[User Posted Image]

Ok, so what is the point in this? It's another fan game. Yeah, working on three games at a time? Don't expect this to be released any time soon though. So, Spyro: Reborn is meant to be set 5 years after YOTD (I was going to make it 11 to fit with real time, then I realized that was too long) and on an alternative timeline, so ETD and everything after never happened. You get my point right? I was utterly disappointed with what ETD did to the franchise, although (again) that was a fun game to play minus the bugs. Now, I've thought outside of the box in this game, each Spyro game had an original collectible, so this time I've kind of... Borrowed something from ETD. Rather than Dragonfly's, the main collectible will be Runes, or more specifically Rune Shards. 6 Rune Shard create 1 Rune, but Runes are worthless without their Core, and a Core is too powerful without a Rune to contain it.

Ok, so you're following me so far, right? Good... So 5 years after YOTD all the young Dragons are growing up and getting ready to be taught in the Dragon Dojo, BUT (oh noez!) Evil in the form of the Thief King arrived in the Dragon Kingdom, intent in stealing the 5 Elemental shards (Fire, Electricity, Earth, Ice and Darkness) and shattering them into 6 different pieces. Meanwhile, our favourite purple hero is on a mission to recollect all of the Runes and their Cores so that the young Dragons can learn their breath attacks. But, he's not alone. He has an army of 151 possible Dragons to help him along the way. You see, after you collect a Rune, you can then teach other Dragons that element and hire them to you're group as apprentices. Each Dragon, including Spyro, also can be equipped with 3 different Orbs. One Magic, one Melee and one Special. At the beginning of the game, Spyro will start with Super Flame (not as strong as GTG), Horn Dive and Swimming. Each Dragon, as standard, has a breath attack, charge, jump and glide.

That's pretty much all I have to say, there will be 6 Homeworlds, 33 Realms and 6 bosses. Sparx health will be an element of the game too (a Dragon apprentice will only have a Dragonfly once he/she has passed their training). Gems are back as a currency, and with gems is Moneybags who will act the same as he did in GTG and YOTD, but also have shops like in AHT. No footage yet, because at the moment the game is in the planning stages... But I will say one thing to end. The reason why I wanted to make Spyro: Redemption was to be a small project I can work on by myself, to pass the time ETC. This game however, is going to be a fully 3D game, and I'll need all the help I can. This is partly the reason why I created 'CIDIX Productions' simply because I knew that at one point I'd need to assemble a team. So, if you have any 3D modeling skills, sound effects, music composition, voice acting... Contact me... So, that's all I really have to say. Keep looking here for more updates in the future...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 20:22:25 03/03/2011
Ah, I knew you had another one planned!smilie

Hmm....sounds interesting....I'd be interested in voice acting, and I'm currently being taught in 3D graphics design(program I use is Cinema 4D).
I won't promise anything yet, but I just thought I would say something anyway. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 20:25:40 03/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Actually, I only thought of the idea for the game itself a few days ago. I've always wanted to make a classic based Spyro game but never really thought of anything... Then it just... Hit me smilie

But yeah, 3D isn't anything I can really promise either. I want to make it 3D, but it will be something hard to achieve. I might make a version much like Spyro: Redemption, and then a 3D version after. That could take a long time, but if I made this game 3D it would take ages anyway.
#4 Posted: 20:33:47 03/03/2011
I would be intersted in making a Classic Spyro game too, but I would rather do LoS, as most fan game makers do simple platformers and shooters anyway, so I would like to try make something out of LoS. I would probably try my hand at Sonic or Conker before Spyro though.

In that case, here's a thought...
Why not make a 2D prologue, give it a "semi-cliff hanger" ending, meaning it won't be abruptly ended, but also has potential for continuation?

Also, do you have any screens or videos up for Redemption?
---
#5 Posted: 20:37:28 03/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm trying not to make it a simple platformer, I'm going to add some RPG elements, like a level system and adding other dragons to your group ETC. Considering the game is set after YOTD, I don't see how I could make a 2D prologue, I see what you mean and it'll be something that I may consider in the future but at the moments I have no plans for a prologue of any kind.

Also, no. I don't have any footage of Redemption yet. It's in too early development still to be showing footage smilie
#6 Posted: 21:02:08 03/03/2011
Oh, that's really cool then!smilie

I have 3 concrete ideas for TLoS games, but at the moment, only one looks like it could be made into an actual game, an LBP2 game at that. smilie

The prologue would be set after YotD and would be a full-on game, but it means you won't be hard pressed to make a 3D game. It also means that, should you decide to make a 3D one, you wouldn't actually be remaking the 2D one, and instead, be continuing a story.
---
#7 Posted: 20:08:48 10/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Right, I'm not very good when it comes to making games so I'm going through a process of learning the basics of Unity 3D. I would rather use UDK, but my computer can't support it. Unity 3D is a powerful tool for not-so-powerful PC's... That's how I see it anyway. So, I've been looking up some tutorials and such but I'm still looking for people to make some 3D models... And I don't mean rip them from other games, I mean good old fashioned actually making them from scratch. Simply because I'm **** and can't do that myself.

However, buildings and items are fine at the moment... I've been working on them in Google Sketchup, because it's the most simple 3D editing program ever. When I've decided on the final designs, I'll upload them onto DeviantART and such... However, don't expect to see any actual video footage for a while... So, that's my small update... Look out for some more.
#8 Posted: 17:23:48 12/03/2011 | Topic Creator
You know what... I've changed my mind, no matter how brilliant it seems that I could try and make my own 3D game, I would be a hypocrite to do so. I'm not very good when it comes to making 2D games at the moment, so rather than attempting to do something that I know I really can't do, I'll try and perfect what I already can do. So, this is gonna be a 2D game now, rather than a 3D game... It might even be released for Spyro: Redemption on that basis, I don't know... We'll wait and see...
#9 Posted: 20:51:17 12/03/2011
Oh, OK. That sounds like a sensible idea. I look forward to it!smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#10 Posted: 08:29:00 13/03/2011
A few plotholes? Urgh, i guess thats beside the point...
I guess I'll have to keep another 'i' on this topic.
i
And the pattern on the title- is that red just randomly assorted or do I see shillouetes?
#11 Posted: 10:26:38 13/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
A few plotholes? Urgh, i guess thats beside the point...
I guess I'll have to keep another 'i' on this topic.
i
And the pattern on the title- is that red just randomly assorted or do I see shillouetes?

Yeah, that's random... It was just fire smilie. But I do see what you mean. Also, this is the 3D game I was talking to you about, but I've changed my mind and I'm going to make it 2D now... I might make a 3D version in the future if I ever have the time.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#12 Posted: 13:24:13 13/03/2011
Yeah, I know.
I meant the red scales on the logo. But it would be quite clever if you did make it like a shillouete.
#13 Posted: 16:38:41 13/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Yeah, I know.
I meant the red scales on the logo. But it would be quite clever if you did make it like a shillouete.

Yeah, I know what you mean... The red scales were originally fire, and then I added a mosaic effect to it, to make it look like lots of scales...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#14 Posted: 23:11:16 25/03/2011
Well the design for the logo is very cool, and I'll be looking forward to this. smilie
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me