Page 1 of 1
Games on Demand [CLOSED]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1 Posted: 17:47:53 01/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Well (for anyone who cares) DOTD made it onto games on demand on the XBL marketplace... So, if you haven't already, now is your chance to get an easy 1000G and download the game direct to your HDD without everyone in you're local game shop giving you a strange look when you go to buy a 3 year old Spyro game... I don't really see why I bother but... Oh well! Also, rather oddly, DOTD has already made it to one of the top rated games on demand, beating games like Red Dead Redemption, GTA San Andreas and IV, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 18:09:01 01/03/2011
^The fact that it beat more popular games is strange. Meh, it's probably because it's new to the marketplace and the other games have been there for a while and most people that wanted those games would've already gotten them.

Well, now if I actually want the game on the Xbox (even though I have it for the Wii), I know what to do. The only problem I would find is that it takes too much space up in the hardrive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:58 01/03/2011 by CAV
#3 Posted: 18:29:06 01/03/2011 | Topic Creator
No, it's on the top RATED... As in, when you look at the list of the games and then give it a star rating, how it has higher than all those other games I mentioned I have no idea...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 19:16:57 01/03/2011
Wow, the high rating is a pleasant suprise!smilie

I'm happy to see it's higher rated than MW2.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#5 Posted: 02:30:21 02/03/2011
Quote: bionicle2809
No, it's on the top RATED... As in, when you look at the list of the games and then give it a star rating, how it has higher than all those other games I mentioned I have no idea...

I guess only the fanboys are rating it, since anyone else wouldn't really give a crap to rate it lower than 3 stars.

But you think the Halo and CoD fanboys would out-number them.
#6 Posted: 16:39:56 02/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV

I guess only the fanboys are rating it, since anyone else wouldn't really give a crap to rate it lower than 3 stars.

Actually, Halo was rated higher than DOTD. I was more surprised about the CoD fanboys... But TBH, I can never be arsed to rate a game anyway. Maybe it's the same with the CoD fans and nearly every Spyro fan felt the need to rate DOTD?
#7 Posted: 16:42:57 02/03/2011
Quote: CAV

Actually, Halo was rated higher than DOTD. I was more surprised about the CoD fanboys... But TBH, I can never be arsed to rate a game anyway. Maybe it's the same with the CoD fans and nearly every Spyro fan felt the need to rate DOTD?

Meh, I doubt it. A lot of Spyro fans seem to outright hate Microsoft. The game has generally wide appeal. I could see it getting more downloads than the original disc release sold.
---
#8 Posted: 16:50:23 02/03/2011

My point exactly.

A lot of CoD fanboys are Halo fanboys as well. At least the ones I know of.

Me neither. I only rate games when I'm making a full scale review on it. Same with films.

Maybe that's the case. But most CoD fanboys would try to make the game the highest rated.
#9 Posted: 16:51:34 02/03/2011
I've only rated two games on Live, I think...
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#10 Posted: 04:37:39 03/03/2011
Im happy it made it to GOD's wow (that sounds weird), maybe if its in the top rated people will start to buy it and get interested in it. Prob be gettin a few new members due to it being their.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#11 Posted: 21:06:47 04/03/2011
I just checked the marketplace. It's not in the top 50. At least not anymore.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me