Page 1 of 1
If Spyro and Cynder had a Kid... [CLOSED]
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1 Posted: 17:07:00 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Upon the night of eternal darkness, I have ressurected the topic!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 17:24:01 18/02/2011
Oh boy....

If they had a kid, then there would be a lot more pictures potraying the creation of the kid....smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 17:34:33 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
...And pictures portraying others doing stuff to that kid 0.o
---
#4 Posted: 17:36:31 18/02/2011
....Or pictures of the kid "playing" with Spyro and Cynder....smilie
---
#5 Posted: 17:39:12 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
.....Or pictures of the kid forcefully 'doing stuff' to Sparx..... 0.0
---
#6 Posted: 17:41:45 18/02/2011
Yeeahh....then we would have super-sensitive people complaining about the pr0nz ALL over again.... smilie
---
#7 Posted: 17:45:48 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
...Unless we end up getting SSA 'art'... Despite it being aimed at young boys...? smilie
---
#8 Posted: 17:51:23 18/02/2011
I'm still waiting for people to start making Cynder x SSA Spyro art, of the more mature kind!smilie

Some of the Skylanders characters look like prime candidates for Rule 34....
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#9 Posted: 18:34:31 18/02/2011
Here we go again! smilie
EDIT: Okay, I don't know how to say this, but one of my friends just joined the forum. He is HopeTriiCky_ He doesn't speak English like me, but he is good. I think we'll have fun. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:03 18/02/2011 by zzsdf
#10 Posted: 19:21:51 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
^Aha, I hope he doesn't mind our... 'conversations' smilie

And, hmm, what characters would you mean by this, brawler? :B
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#11 Posted: 21:27:58 18/02/2011
IT'S BACK!
#12 Posted: 21:49:12 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
smilie It sure is!

[User Posted Image]
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#13 Posted: 04:50:46 19/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
smilie It sure is!

[User Posted Image]

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#14 Posted: 17:34:03 19/02/2011
Oh, grow up you guys. This forum is full of little kids and here you are making a topic about two kids (Spyro and Cynder) doing things that would get them both arrested. To make it better, you're posting art about pedophilia and fictional perverts. No wonder so many people can't stand this site anymore; it's getting a lot worse than SpyroForums.
#15 Posted: 17:38:22 19/02/2011
For the record, most people think of Spyro and Cynder as adults when discussing this matter...

Also, I mostly act serious on these forums(I have even made a bunch of serious posts on the old version of this topic), so is it too much to ask for me and a couple of other guys to have a bit of immature fun on a topic that only we ever visit?
---
#16 Posted: 17:55:11 19/02/2011
By "most people" I assume you mean...actually, I don't know a single person who thinks of them as adults. Even so, this is not a matter that should be discussed at all on a forum where there are children present. The only people I know who talk about this are perverts and they have their own sites to do it on.

It's a little irksome when you're having this talk on a forum full of kids under 18, when you yourselves are under 18, and when the topic is title in such a way that a lot of people are going to click on it. This kind of thing belongs on the spam boards if you guys are going to be posting nonsense in it.
#17 Posted: 18:02:59 19/02/2011
No, I meant when discussing the concept of them having kids, people think of them as adults. The creator of the original version of this topic said that too, but he/she is inactive now, I believe.

And I've seen 11 year old members make dirty comments on this site.....but nobody tells them off, do they?
And finding people who are 11 and under here is pretty uncommon now anyway. Chances are this topic will be dead and closed or deleted by the time Skylanders is released, so you won't have to worry about new young Skylanders fans seeing it, that is, if they even come on here.

And I didn't even start this topic anyway....
---
#18 Posted: 18:09:22 19/02/2011
In that case, why isn't this topic about them as adults and their potential offspring? All I saw when I opening it was spam and inappropriate spam at that.

I'm guessing you're older than 11, so why do you want to behave like an 11-year-old? Just because a little kid is doing it doesn't mean it's right or that you should do it, too. If I ever see kids making comments like that here, I'll talk to them about it, too. If the forums keep going downhill like they have been, there won't be any Spyro fans here at all, let alone Skylanders fans. It's not wrong for some of us to want this place to be worth visiting again.

No, but you're the one who felt it necessary to talk to me about the issue, so here we are.
#19 Posted: 18:15:43 19/02/2011
It's a continuation of another topic...

I'm just having a bit of fun, that's all. And my earlier pieces of "spam" had a serious element to them.
---
#20 Posted: 18:26:19 19/02/2011
It's impossible to tell for the "everyone who wasn't you two" that didn't take part in the last topic.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but you're literally the only person who is standing up for this stuff. I've had no less than three people on dS itself complain to me about these kinds of topics and the off-topic stuff, and even more complaints off site at my gallery. You guys are literally driving people away from dS with this garbage and it's not cool. I understand wanting to have some fun, but there's a place for that and it isn't in the boards that are specifically for Spyro. PM each other or start up topics in Spam or Idle Chatter.

Speaking as someone who has focusing problems in a big way, learning how to stay on-topic in a place like this will help you out off-line as well.
#21 Posted: 18:32:39 19/02/2011
I'm standing up for myself because you keep mentioning me(or a group of people I'm part of) in lecturing posts. I'm not standing up for "this stuff", just myself.

And it goes the other way too....people also leave this forum due to constant lecturing from other users about pointless things, and I myself have been considering leaving, and that is one of the reasons.
---
#22 Posted: 18:38:57 19/02/2011
And I can't blame you in that regard, but honestly, in terms of posting what is basically spam, you and the crowd you're with on these forums do seem to be the problem. I've noticed topics you avoid staying on-topic with no problem and I don't see much offensive content outside of some of the things you've posted.

No one's complained to me off-site about that, so I'll take your word for it. The fact that I am getting complaints off-site by many different people is what has me perturbed the most. It usually has to be pretty bad before people start coming to me (though I'm not sure what they think I can do about it).
#23 Posted: 19:11:01 19/02/2011
In all honesty, I think we are just going to have to learn to put up with each other. I'm not a great conversationist(not even sure if that's a real word), so I tend to not be picky about what conversation I'm in. If it's interesting or entertaining, I'll take it, even if it's not about Spyro.

In regards to having to wade through my spam, I have to wade through tons of hate comments and stupid arguments, which is much worse than wading through spam(at least spam can be somewhat funny), but do you see me complaining? No. I just put up with it. I wanted a place to discuss Spyro, and darkspyro seemed like the best place. It's not perfect and I have to put up with a lot of crap, some even directed at me, but it does the job. In short - beggars can't be choosers. If people having something to hold against me, then they should come to me and talk about it. I respect you for being one of the few people to do it in a mature fashion. But what I'll say is this...

I CANNOT change who I am. Whenever I post pictures, music or videos, it's either constructivey, to express myself better or just to add a bit of humour to an otherwise dry looking post.

And I never try to post offensive content. I never attack anyone or anything like that. I know I post some sensitive content, but in all honesty, my normal serious comments usually end up being sensitive, usually because someone else is having a bad day.

Now, on-topic:

The concept of Spyro and Cynder having a kid is a potential game maker or game breaker. Obviously, Spyro and Cynder would be adults, and that's a touchy subject for a lot of people. It would mean their gameplay would not be platform orientated, or they would not be playable at all. As for the kid, well, I'm not sure what you would do. Probably make it's gameplay similar to Classic Spyro, but in that case, shouldn't the game of just been a Classic Spyro game as opposed to LoS? You would have to come up with something to really make it feel like it should be part of LoS.
---
#24 Posted: 19:25:00 19/02/2011
I can handle that, just please try to stay on-topic in the Spyro boards themselves. I come here for fun and nothing is more obnoxious than trying to sift through an entire derailed thread that used to be interesting when you only have 1/10th of an eye to read with.

Why not complain? I avoid topics that are stated to be hate topics in the title, but if people start bashing in a non-hate topic I'm not going to just ignore it. You don't have to just sit there and take it. And I'd much rather see hate about Spyro that's on topic than pointless spam which is only funny to maybe two people (because we don't all get these meme jokes, or some of us have seen the references when they were relevant and can't possibly roll our eyes any harder at seeing them come back). There are other Spyro boards out there, incidentally, though the other two I know of are either quiet or like dS only on-topic more.

All I'm asking is that you stop and consider other users a bit more. The pictures are distracting and it'll save you time to just avoid posting them. As far as the links go, double-check the content first before posting; if you wouldn't show it to your grandmother/little sibling/youngest cousin, don't post it here. I do actually enjoy your serious comments, but they're getting increasingly hard to find and the constant bringing up of Sonic/Conker/whoever in Spyro topics is starting to invalidate some of your statements. Again, I understand making comparisons, but there's a time and a place.

On-topic:

Honestly, I always thought them having kids in-game was a really bad idea. It takes focus away from Spyro even more and destroys the point of the character (playing as a young dragon). Story wise, by the end of DotD I figured the two were technically dead, so it was a moot point. smilie Spyro and Cynder's kids are fine for fanfiction, but it would be the real death knell for the series if the game makers had considered it. Thankfully, that didn't happen.
#25 Posted: 19:54:21 19/02/2011
I mostly do stay on-topic in the Spyro boards. Any mention of another series is usually relevant. Game developers look at other franchises to improve their own one, and fans always do the same and make suggestion/comparisons. I'm no different. I don't see what's wrong with it, especially since most other users do it anyway. And it's not against the rules either, as it is still productive discussion. And in regards to non-Spyro pictures in Spyro posts, I just like to use small pictures as emoticons, seeing as the emoticons at my disposal by default have actually gotten me in trouble before.

And if I didn't consider other users, I would be an extremely hated person by now, trust me. And I don't bother with complaining about hate anymore because it is usually useless and makes matters worse, for myself or everyone. And if the hate is not directed at me, which it usually isn't, I should probably leave them to hate LoS or Skylanders. And I find complaining ABOUT haters as annoying as the haters themselves....

And in regards to the 1/10th of an eye thing.....I had completely forgotten about that, mainly because you were gone for a while. But in all honesty, I just post things for the general public. I can't be thinking of every single condition/preference under the sun. Generally, I just post things that I would read and are not offensive. Like the way I only post Youtube videos I would watch. It's the best policy for me.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#26 Posted: 22:30:16 19/02/2011
Both of you, calm down. We don't need any explosions.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
....Or pictures of the kid "playing" with Spyro and Cynder....smilie

Bad thoughts.

Quote: Razz
Oh, grow up you guys. This forum is full of little kids and here you are making a topic about two kids (Spyro and Cynder) doing things that would get them both arrested. To make it better, you're posting art about pedophilia and fictional perverts. No wonder so many people can't stand this site anymore; it's getting a lot worse than SpyroForums.

............*whistles*

It's impossible to tell for the "everyone who wasn't you two" that didn't take part in the last topic.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but you're literally the only person who is standing up for this stuff. I've had no less than three people on dS itself complain to me about these kinds of topics and the off-topic stuff, and even more complaints off site at my gallery. You guys are literally driving people away from dS with this garbage and it's not cool. I understand wanting to have some fun, but there's a place for that and it isn't in the boards that are specifically for Spyro. PM each other or start up topics in Spam or Idle Chatter.

Uh.......well.......you see......I was a part of that last topic. So I guess that would make it three, not two. Actually, I believe there were 6-7 people that regularly took part in the original topic.

I'm not going to say that I'm standing up for it, nor shall I say I'm against it. These topics are in fact not for anyone under the age of, say, 13. Then again, Bolt is the only person I can think of that is under 13 on this site. Most active members here are over 16, with the exception of a few people that are 14-15. And while these topics can get a little too much, in moderation they are funny as hell to be a part of.

If it was possible to PM more than one user at a time, odds are that would've been done before. And it doesn't matter where it goes on the board; the topic still exists at the end of the day.

I'm standing up for myself because you keep mentioning me(or a group of people I'm part of) in lecturing posts. I'm not standing up for "this stuff", just myself.

And it goes the other way too....people also leave this forum due to constant lecturing from other users about pointless things, and I myself have been considering leaving, and that is one of the reasons.

I will say that Razz. I know you said not to make the walls of posts seem intimidating, but this is scaring away people as well. There are problems on both ends of the spectrum. We can't be overly-silly, but we can't be serious all the time. You, me and Aura are too serious sometimes on these boards. I try to loosen up at times. I did just that in the old topic.

........don't leave Brawler.

Why not complain? I avoid topics that are stated to be hate topics in the title, but if people start bashing in a non-hate topic I'm not going to just ignore it. You don't have to just sit there and take it. And I'd much rather see hate about Spyro that's on topic than pointless spam which is only funny to maybe two people (because we don't all get these meme jokes, or some of us have seen the references when they were relevant and can't possibly roll our eyes any harder at seeing them come back). There are other Spyro boards out there, incidentally, though the other two I know of are either quiet or like dS only on-topic more.

All I'm asking is that you stop and consider other users a bit more. The pictures are distracting and it'll save you time to just avoid posting them. As far as the links go, double-check the content first before posting; if you wouldn't show it to your grandmother/little sibling/youngest cousin, don't post it here. I do actually enjoy your serious comments, but they're getting increasingly hard to find and the constant bringing up of Sonic/Conker/whoever in Spyro topics is starting to invalidate some of your statements. Again, I understand making comparisons, but there's a time and a place.

No, you can't sit there and take it. It only allows the person to continue, and the best idea is to put them in their place when they deserve to. I feel as though this post is an attempt to do so to the both of you. Sorry, but just because I'm friends with the both of you doesn't mean that I'm giving a break. Anybody can be under the guillotine, regardless of my relationship with the person.

I can sit and tolerate both, unless the Spyro hate is for a stupid reason.

This is where I'm guilty. As you've seen, sometimes I don't want to repeat myself or explain something, and I let a picture do that for me. I'm pretty sure you know where I'm coming from with this.

Not too long ago he was doing it with LittleBigPlanet. With that I had to go out and get the PSP port of the game.

Ok, now. Both of you calm down before someone busts a vein. There's a problem on both ends. I don't care that you are my idol (Razz) or my best friend here (Brawler). This was an attempt to calm the both of you down, and for you two to realize that both of you have flaws. We are all human. Brawler can be too silly. Razz can be too serious. I tend to be both, while leaning closer to be serious. Like Brawler said, you can't really change who you are. So calm down before I have to bonk someone.

This message has been brought to you by CAV muffins, deliciousness in every bite. :3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:38 19/02/2011 by CAV
#27 Posted: 23:26:07 19/02/2011
Ummm...long post is long!smilie

Well, I'm not angry, even if I'm coming across as somewhat feral. I don't get angry at other forum users, unless it's something really bad.

I am often serious on the forums, and even more so since Skylanders was announced. And in real life....well....I don't wanna talk about it...

I didn't know you considered me your best friend here, especially since I've hardly talked to you directly recently. Thanks.smilie

In regards to me leaving, there are a few reasons why I'm considering it. That is for another place though.

This off-topic argument has found it's way into 3 topics, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure everyone who has read it is sick of it. And the ironic thing is, by arguing like this, we are in fact......OFF TOPIC!smilie
---
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#28 Posted: 23:27:22 19/02/2011
Jesus Chirst, another war. >.>
#29 Posted: 23:30:36 19/02/2011
Nah, not really....it's more comparable to a political debate.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#30 Posted: 23:46:40 19/02/2011
Here's what I think:
I know off-topic is wrong, and we ALWAYS go off-topic, but I don't think that it is a big problem... It's just that we are all friends here, and we want to talk about our lives. There are bigger problems in darkSpyro.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#31 Posted: 00:12:13 20/02/2011
I'm not really interested in Skylanders tbh, and being so serious brings me down. Ever since the game's been announced, the people I know on this site seem really serious compared to how happy they used to act. I used to come here to cheerful people, but it doesn't seem that way anymore. :/ -Which is why I haven't been posting too much like I used to. Ehh, I just don't enjoy it anymore like i used to due to the arguing and tension, and Skylanders is kinda losing my interest.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#32 Posted: 00:20:57 20/02/2011
Y'know this topic already exists right?

Here's the link to the original...
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=31929&page=1
#33 Posted: 00:22:08 20/02/2011
Nah, not really....it's more comparable to a political debate.

Which is a war.
#34 Posted: 00:42:42 20/02/2011
I was thinking of Irish political debates....which are far from war!smilie
---
#35 Posted: 01:32:47 20/02/2011
But American political debates may as well be wars, because they're just as loud and pointless.
#36 Posted: 13:41:27 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
*Sigh* Wow, alot happened while I was gone... Well, I've been requested to close this topic, maybe we can re-open it as a 13+ topic on Stuff and Nonsense, so's long as that's alright with Razz, Aura and others.

Sorry.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:43:19 20/02/2011 by TheWereCat
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me