Page 1 of 1
Quick Question... [CLOSED]
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#1 Posted: 13:31:59 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I know that no-one is gonna check this forum anymore, but I just have a quick question- should I buy the Wii or PS2 version of this game- does the Wii version have bad controls, does the PS2 version have bad graphics, etc? *The thing I'm worried about most are the controls, so you know* I only have the PS3 copy and intend to buy either the Wii or PS2 one so I can play it more often, as I rarely get a look-in on the PS3.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 14:27:32 18/02/2011
Well, if you have a Classic controller for the Wii, it shouldn't make a difference. The Wii version looks slightly better(mainly because the Wii has support for 480p TVs), and the reviews I seen for it said the Wii remote and Nunchuck controls work fine, but people here don't like the Wii remote and Nunchuck controls.

Also, the Wii version is easier to find...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 14:36:11 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Aha, I don't- just the GC controller, which doesn't work with DotD.

Hmm, so does anyone know what each button does on the Wii version? Then maybe I can get an idea of how the controls are... *Thanks for the reply, by the way- I didn't expect to find anyone on the DOTD board*
---
#4 Posted: 14:47:27 18/02/2011
Hey, I love the game, and am always willing to discuss it!smilie

Here is the controls from a review I found:
Quote:
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon has controls that remind me a bit of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. You block and evade with the Nunchuck by flicking it up, and you psychotically shake the Wii-mote to perform a special attack. The only problem I really had with this was that if I twitched the Nunchuck at all, I would stop attacking (kills the momentum and can really kill you) and start guarding.
Flying is performed by tapping the (A) button like it is going out of style. It is also your jump button. (smilie is the standard choice of most designers when it comes to button-mashing goodness. You stab (smilie enough and you should be able to fight your way out of the horde of lower level baddies that want to tear your wings off. (Z) and (C) access your elements, and allow you to unleash your fiery (or icy) wrath!
---
#5 Posted: 15:19:41 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Aha, I do miss the days of LoS... smilie

And thanks, again! ...Interesting that most designers tend to use smilie as the standard choice for button mashing goodness, I generally would've thought B would be better for that smilie
---
#6 Posted: 15:22:43 18/02/2011
Yeah, so do I.....first, I find out the Conker sequel is cancelled.....then I find out that LoS may not be continuing....smilie

Yeah, same here!smilie
---
#7 Posted: 15:56:53 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
...The Conker sequel was cancelled at the start of the last decade, or-so, Brawler smilie

But, nonetheless, I still miss it...
---
#8 Posted: 16:35:43 18/02/2011
Yes, but I only got into Conker recently....

Wait, I thought it was 2008 when they totally pulled the plug....
---
#9 Posted: 17:08:06 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
*Pats on back*

And, wha-? Really? I thought they made Live and Reloaded instead of the sequel?
---
#10 Posted: 17:22:55 18/02/2011
Yes, but at that point, I don't think the sequel was actually cancelled, just put on hold. Then, somewhere in between the release of L&R and 2008, Microsoft cancelled it, as they had other projects for Rare to work on(such as the new Banjo game and Kinect Sports). At least, I THINK that's what went down....

However, it's still possible we will get a sequel. Rare said they are more than willing to make a sequel, but they just need the OK from Microsoft.
---
#11 Posted: 17:37:09 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Pfft, Microsoft think they're really hardcore, but they don't even have the guts to release an uncensored game- let alone a sequel to it!! ...And to think some XBox owners rate themselves because they own 'naughty' games...

Instead, we get Kinect Sports. Yay. -.-
---
#12 Posted: 17:38:28 18/02/2011
Pfft, I think the likes of Call of Duty should only be 12+....I think DotD is more mature than them, especially in the violence front...
---
#13 Posted: 17:43:37 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Aha, so do I; but the whole reason that people buy CoD is because kids think that they're really cool if they have 18+ games, sadly -.-

Conker is the only mature game that's actually any good- not just mindless shooting and violence, but smart humour and yet a sad story... With morals!
---
#14 Posted: 17:49:37 18/02/2011
Here's what I think of popular mature games:

CoD: Alright, but REALLY overrated...
GTA: Great games, but GTA IV wasn't great....too sane!smilie
Halo: 1-3 are meh to good, Reach actually had some nice, well executed ideas.
GoW: Fun for a while, but gets boring and the puzzles are too easy. Annoys me when people compare TLoS to this....they are TOTALLY different games....

None of these mature games compare to Conker though!smilie
---
#15 Posted: 19:26:56 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
...If only Conker became a huge, popular franchise along the lines of CoD or Mario... Godamnit, Microsoft, just sell Rare already! D:

But, then, wasn't Conker meant to die at the start of Other Bad Fur Day? Meh... But I've still got hopes for a 3DS remake! smilie
---
#16 Posted: 19:45:35 18/02/2011
True, but if it were a COMEDIAC death, they could say, make a playable section in Hell, Purgatory and Heaven. It could parody Dante's Inferno!
Then, he could find Berri along the way or something!smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:43 18/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#17 Posted: 19:50:33 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
:0 That... That's a GREAT idea!! He could start off in Purgatory, then be sent down to Hell, and spend the game trying to redeem himself- at the end he finally does, starts to run over to Berri, only to be, urm, revived?
---
#18 Posted: 19:56:05 18/02/2011
Yeah....the story's basic plot was revealed, and that idea fits it perfectly:

Quote:
After the release of Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rare began production on a new Conker game initially named, 'Conker's Other Bad Day', but may have been changed to incorporate a subtitle, 'Getting Medieval'. But in 2002 Microsoft bought Rare from Nintendo, so instead of finishing and releasing the game, Rare remade Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Xbox, naming it Conker: Live and Reloaded. Conker's Other Bad Day was supposed to follow Conker’s quest for his girlfriend Berri after her death in Bad Fur Day, but this time as the king of all his land. Such a premise would have been easy to come up with, since the Easter egg sequence after the ending credits of Bad Fur Day showed Conker getting wasted once again and walking into the darkness, presumably during the early morning of what was about to become his hundredth hung-over day.

It could have been that. But people wanted to know it for sure. Chris Seavor answered that not only did they start working on a sequel with that title, they also had a full storyline ready to be depicted on the screen and many new movie references in mind: “We actually started on a direct sequel which was going to be called ‘Conker’s Other Bad Day‘ which dealt with Conker’s somewhat unsuccessful tenure as King. He spends all the treasury money on beer, parties and hookers. Thrown into prison, Conker is faced with the prospect of execution and the game starts with his escape, ball and chain attached, from the Castles highest tower.”

On September 16, 2008 it was announced that Microsoft cancelled the Conker game Rare was working on, and in a later interview, some of Rare's staff members hinted at what might have been. A petition has been started for Microsoft to jumpstart the project and let Rare complete the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:48 18/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#19 Posted: 20:43:16 18/02/2011
I have the PS2 version, but the sound quality is pretty low. I would definitely prefer to get the Wii version.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#20 Posted: 20:53:04 18/02/2011
The Wii version has poor sound quality too for some reason....
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#21 Posted: 21:26:28 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Hmmm... Considering the music was one of the best things about the game, that doesn't seem too good... I've heard that the Wii version was a port of the PS2 version, would that decrease the quality?

And damnit, Microsoft ruin everything, video game wise; if they'd made Other Bad Fur Day, it would've convinced me to re-buy an XBox.
---
#22 Posted: 21:35:42 18/02/2011
...I got a 360 for Sonnic 06.....smilie
---
#23 Posted: 21:53:59 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
...I got a 360 for Sonnic 06.....smilie

smilie... There, there, we all make mistakes...
---
#24 Posted: 21:59:08 18/02/2011
...At least Sega apoligized with Sonic Unleashed....literally!smilie
---
#25 Posted: 22:20:00 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
...Seriously? They genuinely apoligized?! smilie What did they say? *It wasn't about the were-hog stages, was it?*
---
#26 Posted: 22:41:48 18/02/2011
No, they kind of apoligised for Sonic 06 in a cryptic way, using the 360/PS3 versions of Sonic Unleashed!smilie

It's at 3:00....but I recommend watching the whole video, especially of you're a Sonic fan!
---
#27 Posted: 22:45:04 18/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Aha, that was great! I never even realised...
---
#28 Posted: 23:08:16 18/02/2011
No, they kind of apoligised for Sonic 06 in a cryptic way, using the 360/PS3 versions of Sonic Unleashed!smilie

It's at 3:00....but I recommend watching the whole video, especially of you're a Sonic fan!

Oh yeah. I'm so buying this. <3
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#29 Posted: 23:22:40 18/02/2011
Here are three really inappropriate things in the game....first I have to tell you this though...

One feature in the 360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed is the ability to buy food from various shops (or, in some cases, earn food) and then feed them to Chip. Over the course of the story, Chip warms up to Sonic, but you can also earn his trust by giving him food. Despite his tiny size, Chip has a nearly limitless appetite, and he's always hungry.

Now for the inappropriate stuff....

1) If you feed Chip a food called "Canned Horror", he says this:
"%#@%&@$?!".....meaning he sweared!smilie

2) One of the randomly generated phrases Chip has is this:
"Sonic....are....are you....naked!?"

3) Another randomly generated phrase:
"Sonic, are you a loof? What is a loof? Is it a type of food?"
For those who don't know, loof is a slang word for a male's genital area.....smilie
---
BEST FAN EVER Gold Sparx Gems: 2194
#30 Posted: 04:33:44 19/02/2011
Here's what I think of popular mature games:

CoD: Alright, but REALLY overrated...
GTA: Great games, but GTA IV wasn't great....too sane!smilie
Halo: 1-3 are meh to good, Reach actually had some nice, well executed ideas.
GoW: Fun for a while, but gets boring and the puzzles are too easy. Annoys me when people compare TLoS to this....they are TOTALLY different games....

None of these mature games compare to Conker though!smilie

Id say yes to number 1... GTA, Im sorry but its just absolutely terrible and ugh... its just crap!
Halo is well.... far overated, okay gameplay, very limited, and pretty average.. as for reach, it was pretty bad...
---
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.
#31 Posted: 10:18:55 19/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Here are three really inappropriate things in the game....first I have to tell you this though...

One feature in the 360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed is the ability to buy food from various shops (or, in some cases, earn food) and then feed them to Chip. Over the course of the story, Chip warms up to Sonic, but you can also earn his trust by giving him food. Despite his tiny size, Chip has a nearly limitless appetite, and he's always hungry.

For those who don't know, loof is a slang word for a male's genital area.....smilie

'Sonic, are you a loof?' smilie

I don't understand Sonic- first it's aimed at kids, then it's aimed at teens, then kids again!

Is this in the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed?
---
#32 Posted: 10:26:54 19/02/2011
No, it's not on that version.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#33 Posted: 11:41:38 19/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

I don't understand Sonic- first it's aimed at kids, then it's aimed at teens, then kids again!

So does Spyro.
#34 Posted: 07:01:12 20/02/2011

Oh my, Chip. o-o

Which swear word did he say? Don't say the word, but just say the beginning letter of the word.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#35 Posted: 13:45:07 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: zzsdf
Quote: TheWereCat

So does Spyro.

Epic win. smilie
---
#36 Posted: 13:48:02 20/02/2011
Quote: DarkCynder10

Oh my, Chip. o-o

Which swear word did he say? Don't say the word, but just say the beginning letter of the word.

I counted the symbols, and there are seven(not including the "?!")....so I think he calls Sonic/the player a b******.....smilie
---
#37 Posted: 14:04:58 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Aha, now I really want Unleashed for the PS3, just to hear him do that smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me