Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The ending... [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 18:50:13 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Seeing as SkyLanders: Spyro's Adventure may be another reboot, and LoS might be done for good now....

Do you think that maybe Spyro and Cynder are dead....like, in the actual game?(LoS Spyro and Cynder might die now in terms of the fandom, as it looks like Spyro is going in a totally new direction)

I know that it was apparantly confirmed they survived, but I just don't know now.....
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2 Posted: 18:52:48 12/02/2011
No no, they didn't die.
I mean, the Original Spyro ended too without Spyro dying, right? They survived the ending, and Activision could have continued from there, but they decided to take Spyro in a completely different direction, it seems.
#3 Posted: 19:19:32 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Hmmm....still, I'm not quite sure...
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#4 Posted: 20:07:24 12/02/2011
The ending was confuing, thats for sure.
I'm pretty glad we're going in a fresh new direction. It may prove interesting.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#5 Posted: 20:20:42 12/02/2011
They were alive. Or angels . . . . . .. . except cynder, she's going the other way.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#6 Posted: 20:21:18 12/02/2011
I'm expecially excited for new Dragon characters smilie (Though they could be introduced no matter what direction Spyro took)
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 20:51:23 12/02/2011
Nope, they aren't dead.

I wanted a darker game like my False Malefor idea, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon with SSA. I'll still like it even if it's the opposite of what I was expecting. :3
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#8 Posted: 21:19:26 12/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Nope, they aren't dead.

I wanted a darker game like my False Malefor idea, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon with SSA. I'll still like it even if it's the opposite of what I was expecting. :3

Agreed with you bro.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#9 Posted: 21:27:35 12/02/2011
Skylanders is a Skylanders game with Spyro as a marketing plot.

c:
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#10 Posted: 22:24:18 12/02/2011
Stop the SSA hate please!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 00:31:06 13/02/2011
They weren't really hating XSparxX...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#12 Posted: 01:15:08 13/02/2011
Quote: Darby
No no, they didn't die.
I mean, the Original Spyro ended too without Spyro dying, right? They survived the ending, and Activision could have continued from there, but they decided to take Spyro in a completely different direction, it seems.

Wasn't the original series left on a cliff hanger because of shadow legacy's ending?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#13 Posted: 09:56:02 20/02/2011
I don't know anymore, I thought they were alive before, but now I don't know because of what Ignitus said.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#14 Posted: 14:03:34 20/02/2011
I'd say that it was meant to be a 'happily ever after' ending, seeing as Spyro and Cynder weren't in the book of death and were gliding around peacefully in Avalar... But I see what you mean, Brawler. It could be that they've long passed on, or that LoS was an event that occured years ago, literally a legend.

...Or it could be that Spyro was dragged away from the universe of LoS in the events of SSA, and that he'll return to it?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#15 Posted: 14:06:30 20/02/2011
^I hope so. It's a good idea IMO.
#16 Posted: 14:11:36 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheWereCat
I'd say that it was meant to be a 'happily ever after' ending, seeing as Spyro and Cynder weren't in the book of death and were gliding around peacefully in Avalar... But I see what you mean, Brawler. It could be that they've long passed on, or that LoS was an event that occured years ago, literally a legend.

...Or it could be that Spyro was dragged away from the universe of LoS in the events of SSA, and that he'll return to it?

You have no idea how much I want that to be true.....smilie

But I like the idea of them being dead, but they are now like legends, and their story becomes a folk tale of sorts in their universe, and they are in some sort of after-life sanctuary.....well....I like it from a story perspective......but I want more Cynder......and LoS Spyro!smilie
---
#17 Posted: 14:21:01 20/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

But I like the idea of them being dead, but they are now like legends, and their story becomes a folk tale of sorts in their universe, and they are in some sort of after-life sanctuary.....well....I like it from a story perspective......but I want more Cynder......and LoS Spyro!smilie

I...I just had a realisation moment...

We're not gonna get an official Cynder plushie now!! D:
---
#18 Posted: 14:22:56 20/02/2011

I...I just had a realisation moment...

We're not gonna get an official Cynder plushie now!! D:

Urgh, that's true... I always wanted one.
#19 Posted: 14:22:57 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Yep, probably not.....although I'd rather a sexy figurine to put on my desk!smilie
---
#20 Posted: 14:36:33 20/02/2011
Yep, probably not.....although I'd rather a sexy figurine to put on my desk!smilie

Be missing this on your desK?

[User Posted Image]
---
#21 Posted: 14:40:10 20/02/2011
I don't think he means this for sexy...
#22 Posted: 14:47:25 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Nice job referencing Fat Princess!smilie

But I was thinkin' somethin' like this....

[User Posted Image]
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#23 Posted: 15:44:47 20/02/2011
The only way the ending of DotD made sense to me was like this:

Spyro and Cynder aren't dead, but they aren't alive either. Like the Chronicler, Spyro is sort of a world spirit now. Because he gave all of himself to hold the world together in the end, he is its heart and will be so until the world ends. Since Cynder was with him at the time and her "love" (*cough*hackwriting!*cough*) is what got him through that situation, she is also part of the world's heart. They will be young and innocent until this world ends and a new cycle begins.
#24 Posted: 16:19:36 20/02/2011
I think they're alive. I think that's what they were implying since they didn't have any pages in the book of death.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#25 Posted: 16:21:42 20/02/2011
Quote: Razz

Spyro and Cynder aren't dead, but they aren't alive either. Like the Chronicler, Spyro is sort of a world spirit now. Because he gave all of himself to hold the world together in the end, he is its heart and will be so until the world ends. Since Cynder was with him at the time and her "love" (*cough*hackwriting!*cough*) is what got him through that situation, she is also part of the world's heart. They will be young and innocent until this world ends and a new cycle begins.

That's how I like to look at it too.

After what Ignitus said, I find it hard to believe they could truly survive that.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#26 Posted: 16:23:29 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I know, but in reality, they are dead.....Activision killed them!smilie

Meh, well, if you want to get REALLY precise, you can see the Cheetah Village in the end cutscene while they are playing.
---
#27 Posted: 16:36:02 20/02/2011
Quote: Darby
I think they're alive. I think that's what they were implying since they didn't have any pages in the book of death.

But neither were they in the book of life, or any book at all, which led me to conclude that they are world spirits like the Chronicler. At least they get to be young and innocent forever. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#28 Posted: 16:39:47 20/02/2011
There wasn't any mentioning of the Book of Life, Razz...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#29 Posted: 16:40:44 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
This is what happened to them....
[User Posted Image]
---
#30 Posted: 16:41:03 20/02/2011
There was Spyro's book, which they seemed to forget about....
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#31 Posted: 17:27:10 20/02/2011
Nobody mentioned a specific book of life, but if there's one for the dead it only stands to reason that there would be one for the living. And we do know that every individual of note in the world has his/her own book (Cynder had one, Spyro has one, etc.) that is presumably finished when that person dies.
#32 Posted: 17:33:47 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote:
I'd say that it was meant to be a 'happily ever after' ending, seeing as Spyro and Cynder weren't in the book of death and were gliding around peacefully in Avalar...

I'll just stick with this. I thought this before Skylanders was announced anyway.

And the game was meant to be a family game, so this interpretation makes the most sense in that regard.
---
#33 Posted: 17:40:48 20/02/2011
Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that it was meant to be a happy ending. This is just my interpretation of it. smilie I like happy endings that make sense and, given what garbled information we had in DotD, this seemed the most logical. It's also a much happier ending for Spyro when you think about it because he gets to be at peace finally, will always be young and innocent, and will never have to face down that kind of (generic, stupid, etc.) evil again.
#34 Posted: 17:51:38 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
....*points at Skylanders*
---
#35 Posted: 18:03:23 20/02/2011
Nah, still not as bad as DotD IMHO. At least it's aimed at kids, not family smilie
---
#36 Posted: 18:12:21 20/02/2011
I think Kaos could take Malefor. Well, heck, I think a wet piece of paper could take down Malefor, but that's just me. smilie
#37 Posted: 18:15:31 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
But he's a fake Gary "Mother ****ing" Oak!.....He MUST die...
---
#38 Posted: 18:28:39 20/02/2011
A fake what? I have no idea what you're talking about (or whether you're referring to Malefor or Kaos).
#39 Posted: 18:51:57 20/02/2011
If there was a book of death, I'm just thinking they would have mentioned it, or, if it was important enough they would have mentioned it.
#40 Posted: 19:05:23 20/02/2011
Aha, that last picture was epic, Brawler smilie

But I don't think that EL were trying to make DotD's ending spiritual and thought-provoking (as epic and clever as that would be)- if anything it feels like someone in the production team said, 'Hang on... Are we saying that Spyro and Cynder are dead if we end it in that way?', and so they added that last scene on to show that they were alive, to not upset the kiddies and to not make the fans go into a violent rampage... But, because they didn't want to plainly say, 'They're alive.', they made it unnecesarily complicated and confused the players.
Though it would be awesome if it were how you put it, Razz.
---
SpyroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1592
#41 Posted: 19:23:52 20/02/2011
"You see, each time a dragon dies, a new page is written in this book. I've done my best, but I can't seem to find any trace of Spyro."

Conclusion:
Well, I guess they're not dead. smilie
---
"Breathe, Sparx old boy...go to your happy place."
(Steam, Skype: SpyroGuy; Youtube: Sonic06FanReturns)
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#42 Posted: 19:59:14 20/02/2011
I doubt they are dead. Just like how Classic Spyro gets to live in piece in his own little universe or whatever you want to call it, same applies for the LoS universe.

Quote: Razz

That sounds like a good idea, but you know if they actually tried to do that in the game it would be plothole ridden.
#43 Posted: 20:10:19 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I actually think Razz's theory could be correct in regards to the DS version(just completed it). The plot is quite different, and there is something that hints they are in a sanctuary in the core of the earth. BUT they still have this line!smilie

Quote:
You see, each time a dragon dies, a new page is written in this book. I've done my best, but I can't seem to find any trace of Spyro
---
#44 Posted: 20:12:42 20/02/2011
I actually think Razz's theory could be correct in regards to the DS version(just completed it). The plot is quite different, and there is something that hints they are in a sanctuary in the core of the earth. BUT they still have this line!smilie

Quote:
You see, each time a dragon dies, a new page is written in this book. I've done my best, but I can't seem to find any trace of Spyro

Yeah, some lines are the same, like:
"Yes, you say it until one of them tries to kill you. And by one, I mean HER!"
#45 Posted: 22:40:52 20/02/2011
I don't think my theory could make the plot holes in DotD any bigger. smilie I actually came up with it as a solution to some holes. And, yeah, I know they didn't think that much about the game's ending and were just shooting for a generic happy ending with it, but I find that sort of thing insulting as a player and I needed something to make some of the disappointment go away (this was back when I was trying to be happy about DotD).
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#46 Posted: 23:12:58 20/02/2011
They are not dead, you were merely informed in a way that is hard to understand. They are not listed in the book of the dead; QED they are not dead. And he never said anything about any other books nor did have have any open before him except the one; therefore he did not check any others.

Logic people, it is a good thing.
#47 Posted: 23:29:30 20/02/2011
Completely agree with Gwenio. Nicely said smilie

And Razz, I love your avi!
#48 Posted: 23:37:44 20/02/2011
Jeeze, Gwenio, harsh much? Like I said, there are other books (we've seen them and the Chronicler described at least two of them in great detail in TEN). I didn't make up this theory just based on that one bit, either, I used information from the whole of LoS and DotD. I don't particularly enjoy just being spoon fed a bland story like what we got in LoS, ergo I combine gameplay mechanics with story information to create something that is plausible and interesting to my mind. It's cool if you don't like it, but telling me I'm "wrong" for that reason doesn't invalidate my ideas or make me want to agree with you.

Thanks, Darby. smilie It's from a pic of Skylanders Elora as envisioned by Mischef/Lord of Sheeps. smilie
#49 Posted: 23:38:50 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I find it creepy...she's like an evil Sackgirl! D:
---
#50 Posted: 23:43:55 20/02/2011
Quote: Gwenio

Logic people, it is a good thing.

Since when did DotD use logic? smilie
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me