First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Should I Buy This Game? [CLOSED]
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#151 Posted: 23:42:28 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Well...
You don't need to finish the first to understand it. Princess Peach is captured once again! smilie

I meant finishing DotD! smilie

I got a bit farther... the only thing I don't like so far is the connector thing and how stupid the partner AI can be smilie

I still am liking it, though, but I can't figure out how to get the raft to meadow D: I unlocked it and put it in the river and I can't move it smilie
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:41 23/01/2011 by spyro14ever
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#152 Posted: 23:43:56 23/01/2011
Quote: spyro14ever
Hi, everyone! I've been thinking about getting DotD... but I can't decide! smilie I really need your guys' opinions and such. Here's my quick opinions on the other main console Spyros so you can know what I like in the series...

Spyro the Dragon- Perfect
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!- Great
Spyro: Year of the Dragon- Fantastic
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly- Bad
Spyro: A Hero's Tail- Okay
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning- Good
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night- Bad

I can't decide if I want to spend $20 on this game! I liked ANB and really disliked TEN... why? TEN had horrible graphics (I'm not opsessed with graphics but they were worse than ANB ), repetative gameplay, cheap difficulty curves, bad level design, and more...

Does DotD improve on those things? Should I pick it up? Please help. smilie

Maybe you should edit this now? LOL.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#153 Posted: 23:45:36 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Hi, everyone! I've been thinking about getting DotD... but I can't decide! smilie I really need your guys' opinions and such. Here's my quick opinions on the other main console Spyros so you can know what I like in the series...

I can't decide if I want to spend $20 on this game! I liked ANB and really disliked TEN... why? TEN had horrible graphics (I'm not opsessed with graphics but they were worse than ANB ), repetative gameplay, cheap difficulty curves, bad level design, and more...

Why bother? smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#154 Posted: 23:46:32 23/01/2011

Why bother? smilie

Well I'd like to see what you think of DotD, so aren't you going to add that to the list? Oh I dunno, lol.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#155 Posted: 23:47:04 23/01/2011
Well...
You don't need to finish the first to understand it. Princess Peach is captured once again! smilie

I got a bit farther... the only thing I don't like so far is the connector thing and how stupid the partner AI can be smilie

I still am liking it, though, but I can't figure out how to get the raft to meadow D: I unlocked it and put it in the river and I can't move it smilie

Here:

http://www.darkspyro.net/dawn/avalar/

dark seriously needs to point these out more. It's annoying how newbs(no offense) tend to to post topics asking for help. But you were asking for opinions XP
#156 Posted: 23:51:20 23/01/2011 | Topic Creator

Why bother? smilie

Well I'd like to see what you think of DotD, so aren't you going to add that to the list? Oh I dunno, lol.

I posted my first impressions on page 3 smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#157 Posted: 23:51:49 23/01/2011
Well...

Here:

http://www.darkspyro.net/dawn/avalar/

dark seriously needs to point these out more. It's annoying how newbs(no offense) tend to to post topics asking for help. But you were asking for opinions XP

Lol, I am a complete noob to this game, I still suck at it without cheats, I know what to do in the levels, it's just that the enemies annoy me too much and I never really know how to deal with them without cheats.
---
#158 Posted: 02:51:28 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I got to Dragon City and, boy, was it intense! People complain about it being too hectic, but, why? It's intense and awesome! smilie HAHA I'm loving this game :3
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#159 Posted: 03:34:14 24/01/2011
The first time I went through it---

OH, WOW, THANKS MASON! smilie STOP BUGGING ME AND LET ME FOCUS ON THIS POST! And please ask the developers to fix this level. I'm so bored of it! *yawns*

--- I actually got so sick of the level I decided to go to sleep. And I never go to sleep in general. Never.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:01:56 24/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#160 Posted: 12:30:17 24/01/2011
I don't think it's intense.... Just insanely repetitive. Like, 'either give me a challenge or stop boring me' repetitive ._.
I prefer the next level by a long shot.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#161 Posted: 13:37:14 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo
I don't think it's intense.... Just insanely repetitive. Like, 'either give me a challenge or stop boring me' repetitive ._.

Meh, it doesn't last too long to be repetitive for me. It's almost just like the Tower Defense level in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King video game, but better IMO

I'm pretty patient when it comes to my games anyway smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:49 24/01/2011 by spyro14ever
#162 Posted: 14:33:09 24/01/2011
That level was boring, it was just like the previous TLOS games where they throw a bunch of enemies at you.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#163 Posted: 19:18:21 24/01/2011
IMHO,

Nope.

All you do is basically fight wave after wave of enemies, and the controls are all just button smashing. It lacked teh charm of the other LoS and Original games and was limited.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#164 Posted: 19:34:37 24/01/2011
I love Dragon City!smilie

And I know ALLL about being patient with games....the amount of times I restart when speedrunning in Sonic games shows this....or, the fact that I spent over 6 months building just ONE of my LittleBigPlanet levels!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#165 Posted: 20:01:04 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Dragon City is my least favorite level so far, but it's still a solid, fun level IMO
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#166 Posted: 20:06:20 24/01/2011
Out of the first four chapters, Valley of Avalar is my favourite....after that, I don't know!smilie
---
#167 Posted: 20:08:53 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Catacombs = Most Platform Fun
Valley of Avalar = Most Beautiful and Expansive
Dragon City = Most Intense, But Most Repetitive
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#168 Posted: 21:53:12 24/01/2011

Yeah, but one bad thing about the Catacombs is that it is very short, I thought it needed to be a bit longer with more platforming.
---
#169 Posted: 22:02:45 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator

Yeah, but one bad thing about the Catacombs is that it is very short, I thought it needed to be a bit longer with more platforming.

Yeah... but it IS an intro level. Most intro levels aren't very long at all. Compared to some games' intro levels it is quite long.
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#170 Posted: 22:05:20 24/01/2011
*Points at the intro level of Sonic Unleashed 360*
....I can beat it in roughly half a minute....
---
#171 Posted: 22:29:23 24/01/2011

Yeah... but it IS an intro level. Most intro levels aren't very long at all. Compared to some games' intro levels it is quite long.

Urgh, since when do games have silly little intro levels? Spyro 1 didn't.
---
#172 Posted: 22:55:33 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator

Urgh, since when do games have silly little intro levels? Spyro 1 didn't.

That is true! But Classic and Legend are both very different Spyro series. And, I like the original trilogy the best one reason being the instant feel of exploration, but I enjoy the Legend series too (preferably ANB and DotD... especially DotD) smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#173 Posted: 23:22:12 24/01/2011
Quote: Spyroo

This.
#174 Posted: 23:24:38 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I like how when you press RB you can make Spyro

DO A BARREL ROLL! smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#175 Posted: 23:25:18 24/01/2011
You mean LB!smilie

But yeah...DO A BARREL ROLL!smilie
---
#176 Posted: 23:29:01 24/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I like how when you press LB you can make Spyro

DO A BARREL ROLL! smilie

*FIXED smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#177 Posted: 09:48:42 25/01/2011
You know, I'd love this game if the developers just spent more time on it. The mechanics were bad and- *shot* - *points at storyline*
Quote:
Nobody said Kameo had a bad story.

But nobody ever praised it, yet all of you seem to be praising DoTD's. :/ In fact, I looked through the reviews topic, and only 10 people(including myself) as far as I can remember seem to straight up hate or dislike it.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:08:03 25/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#178 Posted: 11:49:33 25/01/2011 | Topic Creator
You know, I'd love this game if the developers just spent more time on it. The mechanics were bad and- *shot* - *points at storyline*
Quote:
Nobody said Kameo had a bad story.

But nobody ever praised it, yet all of you seem to be praising DoTD's. :/ In fact, I looked through the reviews topic, and only 10 people(including myself) as far as I can remember seem to straight up hate or dislike it.

I checked it out, and DotD got many 7s and 8s from reviewers which is quite solid, and that's coming from professional critics.

BTW, I got to the ruins area. I beat the golem boss which was cool, and the ruins level is quite nice.
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#179 Posted: 11:58:57 25/01/2011
Yeah, I looked those levels too. smilie I never got tired of Attack of The Golem. But it was sad Cyril and Volteer only got one line each and Terrador only got two.
#180 Posted: 13:07:46 25/01/2011
Quote:

May I remind you that this is a Spyro fansite, not a Kameo one, and that this is the DotD thread? Not hatin', just sayin'....

Golem is fun to fight, but I wish there was some platforming in the level.
---
#181 Posted: 21:51:44 25/01/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote:

May I remind you that this is a Spyro fansite, not a Kameo one, and that this is the DotD thread? Not hatin', just sayin'....

Golem is fun to fight, but I wish there was some platforming in the level.

I know, but look around and you won't see anybody saying that it does. Not even in txt TLK.

I thought the Golem was really one of the harder points in the game, even after finishing it, which I liked.
#182 Posted: 22:30:11 25/01/2011
Wait, what do you mean?

As for Golem....not too bad....he's a fun boss....
---
#183 Posted: 22:33:38 25/01/2011
Nobody seems to care at all about Kameo's storyline. It was actually one of the deeper and overlooked parts of the game.

Another plus, the Valley of Avalar had my favorite Elite. smilie And he respawns from time to time as well.
#184 Posted: 22:39:23 25/01/2011
Well, I haven't played the game at all, so....no comment.

Valley of Avalar was just plain awesome for me. And to make him respawn, play the level in chapter mode after beating for the first time. Complete all the objectives in the level, and he should respawn.
---
#185 Posted: 22:48:00 25/01/2011
You should play it. It's beautiful, even if it's short.

You don't understand how many times I've played Attack of The Golem. Apart from Valley of Avalar- and only for its visuals and Elite- it's my favorite level. Perfect length, best challenge, and I like how that one Mana Cystal was hidden. Plus, it has all the Guardians.

I think I'll go play Colours now smilie
#186 Posted: 22:55:57 25/01/2011
Might play it sometime....if I can stop playing/creating in LBP2!smilie

It's not one of my favourites....no exploration, mostly just fighting....I wish it had some platforming sections to make it longer...=/
---
#187 Posted: 23:41:50 25/01/2011
Well, only if you have a 360. Fun fact: it was originally going to be on GameCube. And it looked extremely different too. It was less dark, but looked like it would have been longer. And it was going to have a completely different system. That gives me an idea- why not release it for 3DS? The 3DS is said to have similar power to a GameCube, and certainly looks like it could pull of the ETD-like graphics. At least a demo version of the older one would be awesome.

Just fighting is why I loved it. To me, all the other parts of the game- Save for The Burnt Lands and The Destroyer- didn't have enough fighting or had fighting that was too easy. Platformers are one on my favorite genres, but you can't go wrong when something that lacked in a game is made up for. smilie
Come to think of it... Twilight Falls only had ONE waterfall! smilie
#188 Posted: 03:27:43 26/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I beat the Ruins of Warfang level, which was pretty good. It wasn't a favorite at first, but it ended up being fun. I got to the Dam level and I'm liking it. It's quite fun. smilie

Also, Sparx made me laugh for the first time (I think he's annoying in this game), when he said- "Let's blow this dam thing up!" smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#189 Posted: 03:34:32 26/01/2011
Ehh, it was cheesy for me. I never laughed at him, but that was actually one of his few comebacks I disliked.
Yeah, I liked the Dam too. But only when I went through it newly(collectables there). smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:46:24 26/01/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#190 Posted: 03:43:52 26/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Ehh, it was cheesy for me. I never laughed at him, but that was actually one of his few comebacks I disliked.

Yeah, I liked the Dam too.

It was very cheesy ha ha, but I found it funny for some reason. smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#191 Posted: 22:52:09 26/01/2011
My favourite Sparx line in DotD was when he impersonated Ignitus...it makes me LOL so much!smilie
---
#192 Posted: 22:59:24 26/01/2011
That was my favorite too. smilie
#193 Posted: 03:35:41 28/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I got my mom to play DotD because she loves Spyro. And she liked it overall smilie

She doesn't like fighting in games very much, but she loved the flying and exploring smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#194 Posted: 10:52:40 28/01/2011
I got my mom to play DotD because she loves Spyro. And she liked it overall smilie

She doesn't like fighting in games very much, but she loved the flying and exploring smilie

I let my Dad play DOTD with me, we used cheats, the only level he liked was the Valley of Avalar.
---
#195 Posted: 11:16:32 28/01/2011
My sister and mum didn't understand a second of it. My dad would never, he cant even browse the XBox homepage... smilie
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#196 Posted: 12:07:25 28/01/2011
I don't trust my mom with combat games, me and my sister are the only ones that play it and we are a awesome co-op team.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#197 Posted: 16:45:09 28/01/2011
Video games are a different language to my Mum, whilst my Dad talks about them as if he knows all-to-know about them... But he doesn't smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#198 Posted: 01:02:52 31/01/2011 | Topic Creator
My 12-year-old cousin played DotD now.

He likes it and thinks it's better than ANB and TEN smilie

I beat the Destroyer. That was an epic level/boss combo! smilie

I'm in the Burned Lands now and many say it's the worst level in the game... I'll see for myself! smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:10:06 01/02/2011 by spyro14ever
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#199 Posted: 16:44:59 01/02/2011
Argh, the Burned Lands and most of the levels after it aren't quite upto the same quality as the first couple...
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#200 Posted: 18:52:54 01/02/2011
I'm fond of the Burned Lands....*shot*
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me