Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What do your family/friends think of your Spyro *cough* obsession? *cough*
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
What do your family/friends think of your Spyro *cough* obsession? *cough* [CLOSED]
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#201 Posted: 22:24:29 24/02/2011
Even when this topic seems dead, it returns. Like the other one. smilie
*cough* Day of infamy *cough*
purple-dragon Green Sparx Gems: 352
#202 Posted: 06:45:10 25/02/2011
My dad and brother make fun of me callinf me spyro I think to my self i am not spyro but I would love it if I could meet him.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#203 Posted: 12:24:35 25/02/2011
Nothing, because I don't have a Spyro obsession.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
EvilRipto Red Sparx Gems: 95
#204 Posted: 16:20:25 22/04/2011
Well my parents dont think much of it because I have liked Spyro ever since I was five. Except when I play it my parents will say "Oh no... not Spyro!" smilie
---
♪ Heave-ho, thieves and beggars never shall we die ♪

Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#205 Posted: 16:22:51 22/04/2011
No one knows about it... >___>
icedragonmacey2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1432
#206 Posted: 18:06:40 28/06/2011
My sister is becoming way too much of a fan. She watched every walkthrough of Spyro 1 a while back, and now I am afraid to go into the gamestore with her...
---
http://spyroobsession.weebly.com/index.html
This is my website! Please join! ^
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#207 Posted: 00:31:40 29/06/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Nothing, because I don't have a Spyro obsession.

This is my case.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#208 Posted: 01:18:50 29/06/2011
My family doesn't really care. None of my sisters ever want to play it, though, which is strange since my sister is the one who got me started on YotD.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#209 Posted: 00:08:37 01/07/2011
Umm my friends (except my best friends )always ruin every single franchise I know like ace combat,spyro,and others they even said that spyro has been burnt aaand 90%of my family likes spyro ...... That's kinda creepy
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:06 17/08/2011 by rasigar_dragon2
Spyrof4n Green Sparx Gems: 170
#210 Posted: 20:27:50 03/07/2011
Almost nobody i know has heard of Spyro and my parents don't really care to much so I'm good.
---
These streets are filled with cowards, disguised as men. They are, paying no consequence for their actions, soon we'll all give in.
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#211 Posted: 00:25:31 05/07/2011
wow everyone post in this thread has weird stories including mine smilie
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#212 Posted: 01:35:52 05/07/2011
A lot of the people I know have heard of it, except for me friends. I've only had one friend who played a Spyro game once with me. However, several of my friends outside of school including some of my pastors have heard of or played a Spyro game.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#213 Posted: 23:03:03 27/07/2011
A few years back I had an extreme Spyro obsession when I was generally alienated by other children. I would often fantasize about the characters being real and being my friends. There was a point where I was just obsessed with this site itself, but it was always known that it grew from an obsession with Spyro. My family would either brush it off or tease me about it, but eventually became worried about me, and at times became enraged at me for it, which I believe was perfectly justified when I look back at my younger, obsessive self. My few friends who knew I was a fan luckily didn't know how deep my "fandom" went.

After awhile of developing fan characters I started to develop my own original characters and eventually became fixated upon them. Until I started making friends and found that I was thinking about them more than I was any fictional character.

Now I am older and more mature, my social life, love life, family, and future career are more important to me than anything, and I can't remember the last time I really thought about Spyro in any way, shape, or form and personally I think dragons are lame as hell now. I still develop my own characters in my spare time, but character design and development comes naturally to me and I aspire to make a living as a cartoonist(hopefully for someone besides Disney) because that is what I enjoy.

I still come on this site because some of the more intelligent members have grown on me, and because it's so much fun to watch diehard fans piss themselves when you disagree with them.

And that is the story of two to three years of my life.
CoastGuardAST Green Sparx Gems: 146
#214 Posted: 04:52:48 28/07/2011
My sister just makes fun of me for joining this site.
---
"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!" (U.S Navy motto)
lolwhut Emerald Sparx Gems: 4146
#215 Posted: 15:42:29 15/08/2011
The entire Spyro trilogy had came out the year I was born. I play it every week, enjoying it. My little sister say I waste my time with Spyro games. My older sister disagrees with my little sister. So does my brother. He says it's a game worth enjoying.
---
DeviantArt: ThatSketchyDragon
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#216 Posted: 22:09:12 15/08/2011
Quote: lolwhut
The entire Spyro trilogy had came out the year I was born. I play it every week, enjoying it. My little sister say I waste my time with Spyro games. My older sister disagrees with my little sister. So does my brother. He says it's a game worth enjoying.

If you enjoy it, then it's not a waste of time.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#217 Posted: 09:20:12 03/09/2011
See, I think of this as a 'levels' thing.

One end is the ones that play a few, and love the game. Maybe a few fan art things... who knows?

I'm in the middle. Fantasize thing like Blink said. Nothing Redtube or anything, but stuff that makes you look WEIRD if you get caught.

Then you get to creepy. That's where you have giant bins of Spyro plushes, your blankets and wallpaper are Spyro-laced, you spend fourteen hours a day playing Spyro and every other moment talking about him and drawing him, talking to him as if he is a being next to you all day, carrying a Spyro plush everywhere, and generically being so obsessed with Spyro as a whole you feel you have nothing left to live for without him.

THEN YOU GET TO SCARY. That's when every dime you have goes towards Spyro stuff, you are totally isolated and using up any possible time in your life with Spyro stuff, hardly eating, sleeping, talking to human beings, or bathing, even drinking, everything in your house is purple, every bit off furniture and decor is Spyro related, you have Spyro flavored wallpaper, and you devote so much time to the subject you can no longer be viewed as a sane being by acceptable societal norms.

Is there a level beyond that? Oh yep. LETHAL. You basically fetishize (and I do mean fetishize) all things Spyro to the point of you dying from thirst, exhaustion, and starvation.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me