Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What do your family/friends think of your Spyro *cough* obsession? *cough*
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
What do your family/friends think of your Spyro *cough* obsession? *cough* [CLOSED]
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#51 Posted: 11:41:31 06/01/2011
Quote: Darby
I'll be just doodling in class, and at least three people have recognized it as a Spyro character.

Unfortunately, I cant do that because my spyro will look like a mutated dog with demented wings. That's what I saw after I tried to draw spyro.
---
HOOPLA
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6452
#52 Posted: 16:39:18 06/01/2011
My parent's dont play singstar because I dont have it and never play my game excepted wii sport,buzz junior and sonic heroes mini games.They dont want to play all of my spyro games because they say they dont have time for some gaming and not only spyro all of my games.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Jayne_Szarotka Ripto Gems: 522
#53 Posted: 16:56:17 06/01/2011
Ahhh, the doodling... When I was in my first year of secondary school, and was given my homework diary, I doodled to the max- within a month it was filled with Spyro, Pokemon and Ginga dogs. At first people would say 'have you drawn anymore pictures in your homework diary?' 'Wow!' and etc, but by the end of the year I'd become a bit of a laughing stock for the popular COD playing kids... And, unfortunately, they did recognise Spyro... After years I've only just managed to shake that one off, plus they still tease me about it occasionally. In all honesty, I think they have very tragic lives if they spend all night and day on COD yet tease others for playing more creative games such as Mario, Sonic and Spyro.
---
OMG I DOODLE ALL OVER MY PLANNER TOO

i hate it when they think that spyro mario sonic and the like are baby games because they don't have guns. i bet they play cod cuz it makez em feel tough lolz
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#54 Posted: 17:29:47 06/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jayne_Szarotka
Ahhh, the doodling... When I was in my first year of secondary school, and was given my homework diary, I doodled to the max- within a month it was filled with Spyro, Pokemon and Ginga dogs. At first people would say 'have you drawn anymore pictures in your homework diary?' 'Wow!' and etc, but by the end of the year I'd become a bit of a laughing stock for the popular COD playing kids... And, unfortunately, they did recognise Spyro... After years I've only just managed to shake that one off, plus they still tease me about it occasionally. In all honesty, I think they have very tragic lives if they spend all night and day on COD yet tease others for playing more creative games such as Mario, Sonic and Spyro.
---

i hate it when they think that spyro mario sonic and the like are baby games because they don't have guns. i bet they play cod cuz it makez em feel tough lolz

Woo!! High five!! smilie

And lol! Never thought of it like that before! smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#55 Posted: 20:31:41 06/01/2011
My mom doesn't even care what I play. She knows that I love Spyro to death, so she's pretty awesome about those kind of things. smilie

As for my brother, he doesn't mind either, but he loves to tease me about what I should play instead. smilie
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#56 Posted: 21:52:50 06/01/2011
I hate the boys at my school that play CoD. Well, I mean, not all of them. And I have nothing against the game. Just, the guys who play it are preps that are jerks.. and idiots. smilie I'd hate them to catch me drawing my Spyro pictures.. just because those guys love to poke fun at anything. I've played it a few times at my guy friend's house, and the game's pretty fun, but just not my type of game. .. I'll stick with Spyro and Sonic smilie But other than that, I'm actually surprised about at the number of people I've met who've heard of Spyro and actually like the series, considering it's not so popular anymore, at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:21 07/01/2011 by Darby
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#57 Posted: 22:25:54 06/01/2011
Yeah, in Ireland, it's always CoD, GTA and FIFA....smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#58 Posted: 22:28:07 06/01/2011
Hehe, sorry to sound dumb, but what's GTA and FIFA?
#59 Posted: 22:30:42 06/01/2011
GTA=Grand Theft Auto
FIFA=....
[User Posted Image]
---
#60 Posted: 22:32:16 06/01/2011
Ahh, I've played the first before, just didn't know the innitials. And the second one.. ThI can't help but laugh at the guy on the right smilie
#61 Posted: 22:36:21 06/01/2011
People try to tease me occassionally for liking Sonic, yet their games have the goofiest covers.....smilie
---
#62 Posted: 22:37:07 06/01/2011
Pshh yeah! I can't take it seriously! smilie
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#63 Posted: 22:52:07 06/01/2011
Ahh, I've played the first before, just didn't know the innitials. And the second one.. ThI can't help but laugh at the guy on the right smilie

Lol... That's Zlatan Ibrahimovic... And he won The "Biggest nose ever" award...No, seriously he is one Of The best soccer player in The world
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:21 06/01/2011 by zzsdf
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#64 Posted: 11:48:34 07/01/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Grand Theft Auto is a pretty good game in my opinion, I only like the ones on the PS2, GTA IV is rubbish, it's too repetitive. I liked GTA at first because it was entirely different to me because it had no levels, and it was the first game that I've seen that can let you have free roam on a wide area.

The only CoD game I've ever played is the second one for the PS2, I did complete it but I can't be bothered to play it again, or play another one. I've played Medal of Honor for the PS1, and that was kind of fun, but they're not really my type of game.

And Fifa? URGH, I'd rather play TLOS than that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:49:59 07/01/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#65 Posted: 13:45:43 07/01/2011
MY PARENTS WERE THE ONES WHO STAYED UP UNTIL 11 AT NIGHT TO FIGHT CRUSH, AND WOKE ME UP TO FIND THE LAST FOUR GEMS IN ENCHANTED TOWERS.

And then my mum had the cheek to have a go at me for not finding them. Sheesh.
---
Eh.
RubyWings91 Blue Sparx Gems: 738
#66 Posted: 18:32:10 07/01/2011
My parents don't care about what games I like as long as I don't put it before tings that need to get donr (college, chores ect.). It's my little brother and sister who think Spyro is childish. Sometimes they come in and distract me, just to see Spyro get killed. It really annoys me because I don't interrupt their games, no matter how I feel about them.
#67 Posted: 21:18:13 07/01/2011 | Topic Creator
I hate the boys at my school that play CoD. Well, I mean, not all of them. And I have nothing against the game. Just, the guys who play it are preps that are jerks.. and idiots. smilie I'd hate them to catch me drawing my Spyro pictures.. just because those guys love to poke fun at anything. I've played it a few times at my guy friend's house, and the game's pretty fun, but just not my type of game. .. I'll stick with Spyro and Sonic smilie But other than that, I'm actually surprised about at the number of people I've met who've heard of Spyro and actually like the series, considering it's not so popular anymore, at the moment.

^ This! I'm glad I'm not the only one in the same situation... Plus, they're in practically ALL of my classes. Meh. COD is, well, ruining relationships; I've been round to a guy friend's house, only for them not to come downstairs. So his Mum ushered me into his room where he was playing-surprise, surprise- COD. Sheesh, he didn't even say 'hi' to me, just carried on playing. No matter how much I love Spyro, I would at least stop playing if a friend came round!! Plus, my friend's Dad is unemployed, and just sits at home on the darn game. There's nothing wrong with the actual game, though it doesn't really appeal to me, i just hate how the world adores it.
---
#68 Posted: 21:19:54 07/01/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

^ This! I'm glad I'm not the only one in the same situation... Plus, they're in practically ALL of my classes. Meh. COD is, well, ruining relationships; I've been round to a guy friend's house, only for them not to come downstairs. So his Mum ushered me into his room where he was playing-surprise, surprise- COD. Sheesh, he didn't even say 'hi' to me, just carried on playing. No matter how much I love Spyro, I would at least stop playing if a friend came round!! Plus, my friend's Dad is unemployed, and just sits at home on the darn game. There's nothing wrong with the actual game, though it doesn't really appeal to me, i just hate how the world adores it.

I know, Call of Duty, isn't even cute and innocent like Spyro, lol. I thought that was kind of funny.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#69 Posted: 23:43:18 07/01/2011
My friends could care less...
My family is the one thats a spyro obssed (Me being aprat of that)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#70 Posted: 06:15:47 08/01/2011
Quote: Burning Gnorc
MY PARENTS WERE THE ONES WHO STAYED UP UNTIL 11 AT NIGHT TO FIGHT CRUSH, AND WOKE ME UP TO FIND THE LAST FOUR GEMS IN ENCHANTED TOWERS.

And then my mum had the cheek to have a go at me for not finding them. Sheesh.

Lol, I laughed so hard at that when I read it!xD

my parents don't mind that I like Spyro they are basically fine with it. my mom is interested in them!X3 I talk about them a lot and she listens so she is pretty cool!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#71 Posted: 06:57:50 08/01/2011
Random.
My parents don't really care about the Spyro games I play. I haven't completed COMPLETED any Spyro game. I can't find all the gems or all the dragons.
I am getting obsessed with Spyro now. With this fansite, and these cheats I got from my penpal/email friend. AND doing a video playthrough with my other friend smilie
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#72 Posted: 14:41:45 09/01/2011
My dad and my 2 sisters are obbsessed with spyro ALMOST as much as I am.... my friends hate him though and make fun of me for it. I dont care Spyro is awesome!!! My grandma says that I'm Spyro-ing out of control when I get on DS, though. (Its really funny...!)
Whenever I play the games, I don't put down the controller or talk to anyone until I have completed the game 110%. I've played the games all a million times, sometimes i creep people out when i randomly glide through the air and land on some spot with 3 extra spyros (like in ice cavern!)
---
You gotta believe!
#73 Posted: 17:02:00 09/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: madison-dwrd
My dad and my 2 sisters are obbsessed with spyro ALMOST as much as I am.... my friends hate him though and make fun of me for it. I dont care Spyro is awesome!!! My grandma says that I'm Spyro-ing out of control when I get on DS, though. (Its really funny...!)
Whenever I play the games, I don't put down the controller or talk to anyone until I have completed the game 110%. I've played the games all a million times, sometimes i creep people out when i randomly glide through the air and land on some spot with 3 extra spyros (like in ice cavern!)

Spyro-ing out of control? Awesome.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#74 Posted: 17:10:09 09/01/2011

Note that those guys are the stereotypical CoD fans that not even I like. And I love the games.

Like I just said, I love CoD, but when someone comes over, I do the sane thing: pause the game, say hello, and ask if they want to join. If not, then I do something that CoD fanboys never do: I PLAY SOMETHING ELSE.

And for the record, I don't hate how the world adores CoD. Rather, I hate how the world adores GTA, Red Dead Redemption and Halo, the most overrated games that I've ever seen.
#75 Posted: 17:15:35 09/01/2011
Quote: CAV

Note that those guys are the stereotypical CoD fans that not even I like. And I love the games.

Like I just said, I love CoD, but when someone comes over, I do the sane thing: pause the game, say hello, and ask if they want to join. If not, then I do something that CoD fanboys never do: I PLAY SOMETHING ELSE.

And for the record, I don't hate how the world adores CoD. Rather, I hate how the world adores GTA, Red Dead Redemption and Halo, the most overrated games that I've ever seen.

I think that Red Dead Redemption and GTA (PS2 ones) are different, and therefore don't think that they're over-rated, I do think however that CoD and Guitar Hero are over-rated.
---
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#76 Posted: 21:50:08 10/01/2011

Connecticut, US. Everybody likes CoD. Nobody pays any attention to spyro like I do D:
---
HOOPLA
#77 Posted: 21:51:28 10/01/2011
Quote: spyro_987

Connecticut, US. Everybody likes CoD. Nobody pays any attention to spyro like I do D:

I don't really like CoD that much.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#78 Posted: 23:31:14 10/01/2011
Quote: madison-dwrd

Spyro-ing out of control? Awesome.

AHAHA!! Good one! Spyro-ing out of control! LOL that is FUNNY! smilie smilie
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#79 Posted: 23:51:06 10/01/2011
My family thinks I'm strange because I'm 17 and I still play Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.
#80 Posted: 19:11:58 11/01/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
My family thinks I'm strange because I'm 17 and I still play Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

I like strange, lol, and I still play Spyro, I'm 17. Tell them that, lol. And I really like the film Bolt aswell, it's cool, and I find it strange how John Travolta is in it, his voice-over is cool.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:36 11/01/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#81 Posted: 19:17:35 11/01/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

I like strange, lol, and I still play Spyro, I'm 17. Tell them that, lol. And I really like the film Bolt aswell, it's cool, and I find it strange how John Travolta is in it, his voice-over is cool.

I'm 14, and my parents think I'm a freak for playing it... I hate to think how they'll be like when I'm 21 and still playing smilie And Bolt owns! But Miley Cyrus' voice-over *shudder*

But I'll never stop playing Spyro; heck, I'm going to show it to my kids if I have any, and, if I get married, my Husband...That poor sod.
---
#82 Posted: 19:36:08 11/01/2011
Quote: zzsdf
My parents says that Spyro is a kiddish game so when I'm not alone I have to play with other games. I always have to be careful.

And who cares for what your parents think? If you like Spyro, then that's your opinion and they should respect that.
---
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#83 Posted: 20:18:57 11/01/2011
None of my family and friends give a crap if I like "childish" games or not, in fact, most of my friends outside of my current school love them (ie. Mario, Sonic, etc.)
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#84 Posted: 20:39:25 11/01/2011
Quote: spyro14ever
None of my family and friends give a crap if I like "childish" games or not, in fact, most of my friends outside of my current school love them (ie. Mario, Sonic, etc.)

The only "child" games I like are Spyro, Crash and MediEvil.
---
dragonboy135 Blue Sparx Gems: 702
#85 Posted: 21:50:20 11/01/2011
my family dont show it openly but whenever i start up a good 'ol game of STD i get the feeling that im alone in the house.

and my friends think im an alien from outer space
---
is it possible that you can move the world... is it possible to jump the stars...... is it possible... that im thinking? smilie OMG thats new!!!
#86 Posted: 21:51:23 11/01/2011
Quote: dragonboy135
my family dont show it openly but whenever i start up a good 'ol game of STD i get the feeling that im alone in the house.

and my friends think im an alien from outer space

Really? LOL, maybe Spyro wasn't really that popular in the first place then...
---
#87 Posted: 22:27:44 11/01/2011
gud point maybe it wasnt

i still laugh at the time when i was at a friends birthday party and it was down to my vote as to what game we were to play on PS3 and everyone wanted to rent black ops out but i somehow accidently said blatantly out loud " have you guys played DoTD?"

that memory haunts me.
---
is it possible that you can move the world... is it possible to jump the stars...... is it possible... that im thinking? smilie OMG thats new!!!
#88 Posted: 22:28:47 11/01/2011
gud point maybe it wasnt

i still laugh at the time when i was at a friends birthday party and it was down to my vote as to what game we were to play on PS3 and everyone wanted to rent black ops out but i somehow accidently said blatantly out loud " have you guys played DoTD?"

that memory haunts me.

Let me guess, after saying that, they all gave you strange looks? As if to say "Are you serious?" LOL.
---
#89 Posted: 22:34:06 11/01/2011
indeed, and i didnt get a word out of them for the rest of the time i was there.

and the funny thing is... guess what my new nickname is...

thats right... spyro lover
---
#90 Posted: 22:36:28 11/01/2011
If I was there and you said that I would be like, "OOOHH, ME MEME ME MEEEEEEE!!!!smilie"
Then, when everyone looks at me, I would moonwalk out of the room while humming Smooth Criminal!smilie
---
#91 Posted: 22:36:43 11/01/2011
indeed, and i didnt get a word out of them for the rest of the time i was there.

and the funny thing is... guess what my new nickname is...

thats right... spyro lover

Strange, what? They just suddenly didn't like you after that? That's kind of sad for them really, because that means they can't resept your own opinion.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#92 Posted: 22:40:46 11/01/2011
If I was there and you said that I would be like, "OOOHH, ME MEME ME MEEEEEEE!!!!smilie"
Then, when everyone looks at me, I would moonwalk out of the room while humming Smooth Criminal!smilie

Lol, you would moonwalk with the radio playing " Bille Jean"
#93 Posted: 22:41:32 11/01/2011
i guess so

thanx for the support sonic brawler LOL
---
#94 Posted: 22:42:03 11/01/2011
You're welcome!smilie
---
#95 Posted: 22:42:33 11/01/2011

Lol, you crazy person.
---
#96 Posted: 22:43:17 11/01/2011
"You know me....never a dull moment!"
---
#97 Posted: 22:44:21 11/01/2011
"You know me....never a dull moment!"

Yep, you are cool.
---
#98 Posted: 22:53:38 11/01/2011
majorly
---
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#99 Posted: 02:26:11 12/01/2011
I'm not obsessed; I'm more of just a casual fan nowadays, but when I used to be, my parents didn't like it at all. I've always had a tendency towards obsessions with things, and they usually don't do me any good.
Jayne_Szarotka Ripto Gems: 522
#100 Posted: 16:43:17 12/01/2011
Quote: Jayne_Szarotka
---

Woo!! High five!! smilie

And lol! Never thought of it like that before! smilie

smilie

same theyre SO annoying

but u got admit some of the boys online on call of duty sound FIT

T.O.T.A.L.L.Y
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me