Page 1 of 1
Ignitus... (Spoilers and Bashing Within) [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#1 Posted: 02:32:05 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
(Warning: This is a DotD hate topic. Yeah, I said it. I'm not even going to be polite about it anymore and you might understand why once you read it. If you're a DotD fan, leave now, because it's going to get ugly in here and this first post alone might ruin your enjoyment of the game.)

It's official. I thought this game was stupid before (to put it politely), but now that this has finally sunk in all the way, there is nothing anyone can say, ever, that will make me have even an ounce of respect for it again. Don't try to change my mind because it is a waste of your time.

Ignitus dies in a fire.

Let that sink in.

Ignitus, guardian of fire, master of the element, dies in a fire.

How incredibly stupid is that?! I don't care how you want to try and justify this, there is no getting around it and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

I'd ask how any of you can stand this game when something that moronic is a major plot point, but I already know it's a waste of my time. We all ignored this because Cynder said the thing the rabid 'shippers all wanted to hear (some of us let that line determine our thoughts on this game more than others).

Ignitus. Died. In a fire.

I am almost speechless with the complete idiocy of this fact. You can't tell me that the writers-who-weren't of this game did anything right with the story now. This is just ridiculous. We should all be ashamed of ourselves for encouraging such lousy "storytelling" by buying this drek.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 02:39:02 11/12/2010
Yeah, I thought it was really stupid and strange. Ignitus should be able to hold his shield around them. Seriously, I thought it was stupid. And what is more stupid, they could've gone up the top and flown over it, or gone through it up there were it was weaker. And his scales could've protected him too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#3 Posted: 02:45:04 11/12/2010
But Razz..... These were super-epic-power-blasting-balls-of-fire we're talking about - There's no way Ignitus could withstand it D:
/sarcasm

Seriously though, that is one thing that's really bugged me for a long time.
It also really annoys me when people make excuses for it. I'm sick of people doing that for this part - It was just really, lousy, disgustingly poor 'storytelling'. End of.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#4 Posted: 02:59:52 11/12/2010
I agree 100%. Who could write a story so bad, besides a five year old.
---
I draw stuff.
#5 Posted: 03:18:14 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Producers, that's who. smilie No, really. They didn't bother to hire writers. Chris Wilson and Mike Graham are the guys whose job it is to make money to get the games made, but they wound up being the writers to and it was a huge mistake (obviously).

As for the whole fire thing...yeah. It completely negates the reason for the design changes to the characters, too. They have bigger wings so they can fly because it's more realistic (supposedly), yet the creators completely ignored the fact that heat creates updrafts which all flying animals love to use.
#6 Posted: 03:22:52 11/12/2010
Yeah, I bet they wouldn't even know who to write a fairy tail.

And, flying animals do use updrafts a lot. They should have known that.
---
I draw stuff.
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#7 Posted: 05:36:49 11/12/2010
Lol, noticed that. I feel bad my post isn't long and elaborate.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
#8 Posted: 05:47:45 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
You don't have to write a long post to make a good point. smilie
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#9 Posted: 07:35:41 11/12/2010
Before I say anything else I have a question, Is this an original fans only topic or can fans of both series join in? If yes, then I have something to say.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5879
#10 Posted: 09:57:02 11/12/2010
Agree, iz dumb. Spyro not makin' good impression so far. They gotta make a new and better game. D:
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#11 Posted: 20:54:17 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm a fan of the Spyro franchise at large and I like the first two LoS games just fine, so yeah, any fan can join in here. It's DotD I have the big problem with.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#12 Posted: 20:55:32 11/12/2010
In my opinion, TLOS as a whole just bores me completley. LOL I feel like falling asleep when playing any of the TLOS games.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#13 Posted: 20:58:11 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Yeah, they are pretty boring to play. I liked the music and art and some of the voice acting in the first two. It also made for fun fanfic ideas (that I came up with while playing because I was so bored by the gameplay itself smilie).
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#14 Posted: 21:01:23 11/12/2010
I find them boring too. I feel sorry for my mum. Whenever I play any of the LoS games, all she hears is me shouting and complaining about how much I hate them. I still haven't completed TEN. smilie
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#15 Posted: 21:07:53 11/12/2010
I don't really see the problem with Ignitus dying in a fire? Just because he's the guardian of fire, doesn't mean he should have an advantage... I mean...

Fire fighters are meant to put out fires, but they could still die in one without the correct protection... Police officers can still be shot whilst off duty... Doctors could still die of a fatal illness... Just because of their profession doesn't mean they instantly become immune to it..

Ignitus used his last defence against the fire, that shield thing... Is it really that hard to believe that that is all he has to protect himself against fire?

(Ok, those analogy's were stupid... But the last part, I stick by)
#16 Posted: 21:45:57 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Just because he's the guardian of fire, doesn't mean he should have an advantage... I mean...

...Maybe Activision is right about their fanbase's low intelligence.

Yes it does give him an advantage! A firefighter is human, a dragon who has magical control over FIRE is not! Ignitus' profession isn't master of fire, his entire being is devoted to this!

That "defense" against fire is just crappy story telling. There's no logical reason he couldn't withstand it, no reason they couldn't have flown over the blaze, and no reason that should have killed him. Again, I call bull on this whole game.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#17 Posted: 21:49:05 11/12/2010
Quote: bionicle2809
I don't really see the problem with Ignitus dying in a fire? Just because he's the guardian of fire, doesn't mean he should have an advantage... I mean...

Fire fighters are meant to put out fires, but they could still die in one without the correct protection... Police officers can still be shot whilst off duty... Doctors could still die of a fatal illness... Just because of their profession doesn't mean they instantly become immune to it..

Ignitus used his last defence against the fire, that shield thing... Is it really that hard to believe that that is all he has to protect himself against fire?

Don't be offended by this, but I did find those quite stupid, I mean you're just mixing reality in with fiction.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#18 Posted: 22:19:26 11/12/2010
well i do find it retarded dat ignitus died in a fire BUT
malefor said "there will be no escape" wich err means there will be no survivors so guessing the fire was REALLY hot so that no dragon or anything could survive it....
i suck at explaining
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#19 Posted: 22:21:38 11/12/2010
I know... Going through the fire was unavoidable, but could that not have FLOWN? Not just through it, but OVER IT?! Also, if they REALLY needed Iggy to die (though the death of the father figure is MAJORLY overdone) could they not have killed him in a more suitable, intelligent way? Like, if they were ambushed after they got through the flames, Iggy could have fought the beasts with them but suffered a terrible would which killed him.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#20 Posted: 22:25:24 11/12/2010
^near the ending of the game it showed the earth and a huge fire thing
and it was so high it went to space so i dont think they could fly over it
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#21 Posted: 22:51:35 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Ugh. The planet exploding and ejecting fire from it's core is not the same as the belt of fire they crossed earlier. Read some of my above comments about this exact thing because I'm not repeating it. There is literally no reason at all for Ignitus to have died by fire.
#22 Posted: 22:53:27 11/12/2010
No, look in this video. Around 8:14 The Destroyer is standing in front of the Belt of Fire. The flames seem to be near its head level. Spyro and Cynder were flying as high as it's head. Chances are that if two young dragons can fly that high, so can an adult dragon. So yeah, I don't think the flames were too high to fly over, certainly not that high.

---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#23 Posted: 23:06:05 11/12/2010
There's one thing that bugs me about this... I do agree that Ignitus, as a guardian of fire, shouldn't have died. But then Malefor would know there would be other survivors(chances are that the four masters aren't the only guardians). That's the one thing which pricks me. Other than that I agree 100%
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#24 Posted: 23:06:14 11/12/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: bionicle2809

Don't be offended by this, but I did find those quite stupid, I mean you're just mixing reality in with fiction.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said they were stupid...
#25 Posted: 23:23:55 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
I have no idea what you're trying to say, GamingMaster. What does Malefor knowing about the other guardians have to do with any of this?
#26 Posted: 23:36:18 11/12/2010
If Ignitus were to survive the Belt of Fire, then there would surely be other survivors, and seriously... Malefor is WEAK. They could easily wipe him out if they fought together.
#27 Posted: 23:41:00 11/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Honestly, I think this is a pretty inconsequential thing when you compare it with Ignitus, guardian and master of fire, dying in a fire. It's obvious from the opening cinematic of the game that Malefor is an idiot (you know where your enemy is incapacitated long enough to build a whole temple around him and instead of killing said enemy while he is literally frozen, you just let him walk away).
#28 Posted: 23:46:32 11/12/2010
Yes, but don't you think there would be other sets of guardians? And plus, if there were more dragon races- like stone dragons or steel ones(And I'm not talking ability-wise, I'm talking build-wise) then at least the race of Stone ones would survive, seeing as the belt of fire isn't really like an explosion, it just sets out. Unless it were incredibly hot, I don't see what it would do to a dragon like that, and I'm sure that it would make enough to suffice as Malefor probably wouldn't like to live in the air for the rest of his life, but I still agree with Ignitus not dying. TOO MANY PLOTHOOOOOOOOOOOLES! D:

Please note that Stone dragons are wingless, they're similar to that jade statue from Night at the Museum
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:59 11/12/2010 by GamingMaster_76
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#29 Posted: 00:00:00 12/12/2010
Here's something I don't get - When people say 'he's still just a dragon' - If the flames were really that hot......

How on earth do you expect Spyro & Cynder to stand near them without burning or being in pain? Spyro goes right up close to these so-called powerful fires when Ignitus somehow sacrifices himself, and feels nothing.

Seriously, if you think that, you should really think a bit harder, no offense guys.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#30 Posted: 00:15:34 12/12/2010 | Topic Creator
No, actually. I don't think there are any other dragons than the ones we've seen. If there were, the fate of this poorly made world wouldn't hinge on Spyro and his tiny gathering of friends. The games make it clear that Warfang is the center of civilization and the temple and it's guardians are the only dragons alive at the time who have such powers.

As far as other races of dragons, no. That's fanfic fodder only. The games say outright that all of the dragon buildings and cities were made by moles (you know, creatures that actually have thumbs). The Atlawa built all the civilizations of Tall Plains, the apes built their fortresses, etc., etc.

Spyroo has the right of this one. It's not just that Ignitus dies in a fire that's stupid beyond belief, it's the fact that he literally didn't need to because we see that Spyro and Cynder can handle that kind of heat with no problem at all immediately afterward (and in their battle with Malefor).
#31 Posted: 01:19:44 12/12/2010
I knew it was stupid but goddam yeah, you gus make really good points I missed. I gotta pay more attention.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#32 Posted: 02:15:24 12/12/2010
Quote: Razz
Quote:
Just because he's the guardian of fire, doesn't mean he should have an advantage... I mean...

...Maybe Activision is right about their fanbase's low intelligence.

Yes it does give him an advantage! A firefighter is human, a dragon who has magical control over FIRE is not! Ignitus' profession isn't master of fire, his entire being is devoted to this!

That "defense" against fire is just crappy story telling. There's no logical reason he couldn't withstand it, no reason they couldn't have flown over the blaze, and no reason that should have killed him. Again, I call bull on this whole game.

Just because Bionicle doesn't agree doesn't mean he has a lower intelligence than you..
#33 Posted: 02:23:14 12/12/2010 | Topic Creator
When did I say his intelligence was lower than mine? Activision doesn't think highly of us and it seems to be well-founded given how long it's taken any of us to seriously take note of this, myself included.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#34 Posted: 02:27:20 12/12/2010
Ahh, nevermind, sorry. I just misread it. :3
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#35 Posted: 02:58:47 12/12/2010
I hate that too. If Ignitus can master the fire element, he should be able to control the fire around him or something. He's basically one with fire, and to just die in it is just plain stupid. Making up excuses on the spot won't help it.

It would have been better if Ignitus died by getting stabbed or something. Also, I wish there was a flashback with sad music. But instead, Cynder ruins it all, and she doesn't seem to care about Ignitus at all, and Spyro instantly forgets about him.

I also don't get how he turned into Dark Spyro. It just came up randomly without an explanation.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me