First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Look Closely... [CLOSED]
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#51 Posted: 00:53:13 16/12/2010
TLoS Spyro seems fuchsia colour to me =/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuchsia_%28color%29
maybe Deep Fuchsia or something...

Classic Spyro looks somewhat amethyst...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst_%28color%29
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#52 Posted: 02:29:17 16/12/2010
Too me the 3 classic Spyros for ps are more of a dark purple in fact in my eyes he looks almost blue or violet. I EtD he looks about the same colour as ANB.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#53 Posted: 03:06:24 16/12/2010
I agree with kimbia. They're both different kinds of purple. Original Spyro is more of a plain, dark purple, while TLoS Spyro has more pink in his color. But it's not a big deal at all to me, simply a bit different color.
#54 Posted: 03:13:10 16/12/2010
I agree. Different colours don't matter as long as the game is good in my opinion.
---
Slendy's Shadow
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#55 Posted: 05:52:54 16/12/2010
Yeah, I guess.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#56 Posted: 08:03:35 16/12/2010
I always thought that Spyro was a dark blue in the PS1 games.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#57 Posted: 18:52:38 16/12/2010
Honestly, getting worked up over the shade of purple(and even the design change in DotD) makes Spyro fans look as bad as those extremely picky Sonic fans.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:55 16/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#58 Posted: 19:50:54 16/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Honestly, getting worked up over the shade of purple(and even the design change in DotD) makes Spyro fans look as bad as those extremely picky Sonic fans.

I wasn't trying to be picky, I was only like 7 years old when I first played Spyro, I was only stating that he looked like a dark blue colour, it doesn't really bother me what shade of purple he is. We don't seem to be getting worked up about it anyway, it's just a normal discussion, you shouldn't jump to conclusions.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:51:35 16/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#59 Posted: 20:10:48 16/12/2010

No one is getting worked up over it......
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#60 Posted: 20:15:01 16/12/2010
You shouldn't jump to conclusions either!smilie
I wasn't referring to your comment at all (in fact, I see where your coming from. There is an element of blue to it).

It just annoys me about how everyone gets so worked up over the character design, especially in DotD's case. They're teens.... so what? Mario went through tons of drastic design changes, and I have never seen ANYONE complain that a particular design "ruins the essence of his character". In fact, Spyro doesn't look that much different as a teen. If anything, it makes me think of how he looked in Spyro 2 and 3(I always thought he was a teen in Spyro 2 to Shadow Legacy, until I recently found out otherwise).

As for Cynder, you can't use the "beloved timeless character" argument, as she was not around for that long. And second, if you complain about the curves and big chest, they were there in ANB, and she had some curves in TEN(compare her to Spyro if you don't see it). She's a teen now, it's only natural that this happens(just like the way Spyro became more muscley).

The only Spyro model that I ever thought was kinda weird was the ETD one, and even that wasn't too bad(and the game was rushed too, so there is a good explanation). It wasn't even a case of the design style, it was just that I thought his neck and head sometimes looked weird, and it's not that noticeable.
---
#61 Posted: 20:15:14 16/12/2010
And notice I was just being sarcastic. He is a light purple colour, not pink and I know that.
---
I draw stuff.
#62 Posted: 20:17:17 16/12/2010
It's just that I see people complain about the TINIEST details of the designs all the time, and it gets annoying. I wasn't referring specifically to the people her, it was just my opinion on the GENERAL scenario. smilie
---
#63 Posted: 20:22:23 16/12/2010
Yeah, I know some people that do that. They say that my dragons have this tiny bit wrong...
---
I draw stuff.
#64 Posted: 20:24:17 16/12/2010
I wasn't referring to your comment at all (in fact, I see where your coming from. There is an element of blue to it).

It just annoys me about how everyone gets so worked up over the character design, especially in DotD's case. They're teens.... so what? Mario went through tons of drastic design changes, and I have never seen ANYONE complain that a particular design "ruins the essence of his character". In fact, Spyro doesn't look that much different as a teen. If anything, it makes me think of how he looked in Spyro 2 and 3(I always thought he was a teen in Spyro 2 to Shadow Legacy, until I recently found out otherwise).

As for Cynder, you can't use the "beloved timeless character" argument, as she was not around for that long. And second, if you complain about the curves and big chest, they were there in ANB, and she had some curves in TEN(compare her to Spyro if you don't see it). She's a teen now, it's only natural that this happens(just like the way Spyro became more muscley).

The only Spyro model that I ever thought was kinda weird was the ETD one, and even that wasn't too bad(and the game was rushed too, so there is a good explanation). It wasn't even a case of the design style, it was just that I thought his neck and head sometimes looked weird, and it's not that noticeable.

Mario is an adult - And he has always been that way, that's why. Sonic is a teen, he's stayed a teen.

Spyro was a kid - Then changed to what appears to be a teen. There's a big difference. But we've been over this so many times before it's getting boring.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#65 Posted: 20:34:38 16/12/2010
Yeah, it is getting boring now. But I agree with Spyroo, like I normally do.
---
I draw stuff.
#66 Posted: 20:58:11 16/12/2010
Actually, Sonic wasn't always teen. He was supposed to look young like Spyro in the original games. That's why he's significantly taller now.

And even so, what's wrong with him ageing a small bit? It tends to happen to characters like Spyro. Even Sora from KH aged from 1 to 2. (Note that I am only referring to the design ON IT'S OWN. Whether it was unnatural for him to age is irrelevant. As a stand-alone design, I don't see what's so bad about it).
---
#67 Posted: 21:03:25 16/12/2010
Actually, Sonic wasn't always teen. He was supposed to look young like Spyro in the original games. That's why he's significantly taller now.

And even so, what's wrong with him ageing a small bit? It tends to happen to characters like Spyro. Even Sora from KH aged from 1 to 2. (Note that I am only referring to the design ON IT'S OWN. Whether it was unnatural for him to age is irrelevant. As a stand-alone design, I don't see what's so bad about it).

Actually, in all the Sonic books and information I had on him, Tails is the kid. Sonic is a teen.

And that's just it - They don't. Sora is in a different category to Spyro.
Crash, Sonic, Mario, Croc, Gex, Diddy Kong just to name a few never change their age. Their appearance maybe, but not their age.

Anyway, I've had my say on this. It's pointless to keep repeating myself.
---
#68 Posted: 21:10:53 16/12/2010

Spyro wasn't supposed to age. He was stuck in a Time Crystal, how could you age in that?
---
I draw stuff.
#69 Posted: 21:13:38 16/12/2010
How could he create it in the first place?.....

I always thought of it as a cocoon, rather than an ice crystal.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#70 Posted: 21:16:56 16/12/2010
Maybe it was an ability that came with being able to control time? being able to freeze your own self in time?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#71 Posted: 21:18:31 16/12/2010
That's what confuses me. I've never heard of a dragon making a crystal.

Well, you could've said that before. Then we probably wouldn't have had this little argument. But I never thought of it as a cocoon because they could have been in there for 1000 years and they'd look like the Chronicler.
---
I draw stuff.
#72 Posted: 21:20:08 16/12/2010
Quote: BlackNight12
Maybe it was an ability that came with being able to control time? being able to freeze your own self in time?

I'm pretty sure that's what a developer once said.
---
#73 Posted: 21:26:03 16/12/2010
My reason for saying that was that NOTHING makes logical sense in these games(and a lot of video games, at that).
For example, how do dragons breathe fire without burning themselves, shoot electricity without shocking themselves, ice without becoming severly effected by the cold(or scrape their insides with the sharp icicles)?

How do they survive without food and water?

How can these thin winh bones carry such huge creatures during flight?

See, a plothole can be made out of any little thing. None of these things bother me though. Nor does the time crystal thing.

And about the design thing, I was saying as a stand alone design, there is nothing wrong with the teen look. I don't even think anything is wrong with it full stop. He aged significantly in the Classic games - so why is it so bad here?

Oh yeah, I forgot, if DotD does it, it's a crime against humanity...
---
#74 Posted: 21:30:19 16/12/2010
He didn't age at all in the classic games. His personality changed, but not his age.

And it's like anything - Some people like it, others don't. In this case, DotD destroyed the fandom apart in many fans eyes. Anyone should be able to see why so many people dislike it, comparing it to the previous games.
---
#75 Posted: 21:34:57 16/12/2010
I was talking about Spyro's look in DotD, not the game itself. People file it as a big complaint sometimes and I just ask - Why?

And he did age. Spyro 1 to Spyro 2, remember? And in ETD, he was a bit taller than in Spyro 3.
---
#76 Posted: 21:37:51 16/12/2010
I do, but all I see is a lack of teeth and minor design change. He still seems to stand the same height up against the older dragons.

And the reason I personally don't like DotD Spyro is because.... Well, he just doesn't look right. His anatomy is wrong for a start, his face doesn't look as good as it was when Krome designed him, and he actually does seem a bit more pinky-purple than dark purple.
---
#77 Posted: 21:44:55 16/12/2010
He is a bit taller and he has a deeper voice, bigger wings, longer tail etc. Pretty similar to the changes from TEN to DotD.

I prefer Krome Spyro's colour and crest, but preferred everything else in DotD. He looks closer to Classic Spyro, IMO.
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#78 Posted: 21:48:59 16/12/2010
Well this, anyway, I have noticed before.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#79 Posted: 21:51:43 16/12/2010
I'm looking at their models side by side, and there's no difference here.

I.... Don't think DotD Spyro looks anything like classic Spyro, tbh.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#80 Posted: 21:54:07 16/12/2010
I agree with Spyroo, In my eyes I see nothing really different.

Dotd Spyro doesn't relly look like old Spyro either. Wings are bigger, head smaller chest bigger, anotomy is wierd...
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#81 Posted: 21:57:54 16/12/2010
Well I think this game was the Least recycled Spyro game since Spyro 1.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#82 Posted: 22:10:49 16/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay, NO ONE said it ruined the character's essence. Alot of things in LOS did, but not the look; that just made him ugly.

And as has been said before, a producer said they never actually aged, and so the change from kid to teen look was uncalled for. Even if they had aged, there was no need for such a suggestive look for Cynder; she could have been made a bit wider at the hips and stomach and smaller at the chest and looked just fine. Yeah she had curves in ANB, but she was an adult, NOT a kid like she was in TEN and IS in DotD. As for being curvy in TEN I didn't see it, but even if she was, it was not to the elaborated degree of DotD; she looked mostly like Spyro in terms of body shape.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#83 Posted: 22:14:21 16/12/2010
NEW_SpyroLUVA, why do you always bring up this whole "Cynder has a perverted fanbase" or "Cynder looks suggestive" idea? It is kind of uncalled for.
---
#84 Posted: 22:22:20 16/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Okay, NO ONE said it ruined the character's essence. Alot of things in LOS did, but not the look; that just made him ugly.

And as has been said before, a producer said they never actually aged, and so the change from kid to teen look was uncalled for. Even if they had aged, there was no need for such a suggestive look for Cynder; she could have been made a bit wider at the hips and stomach and smaller at the chest and looked just fine. Yeah she had curves in ANB, but she was an adult, NOT a kid like she was in TEN and IS in DotD. As for being curvy in TEN I didn't see it, but even if she was, it was not to the elaborated degree of DotD; she looked mostly like Spyro in terms of body shape.

Well that was a big oops in many ways.

*cough* one of them was yours *cough*
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#85 Posted: 22:22:29 16/12/2010 | Topic Creator
But true, and we ARE talking about the Characters' looks. I only bring it up where the conversation is about her look or the look of all the characters. It's not like a burst in on a topic about, say, the music and start shouting "GAWD! Cynder looks like a SLUUT! Her fanz are PURVES!!!!!11!"
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#86 Posted: 22:23:25 16/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
But true, and we ARE talking about the Characters' looks. I only bring it up where the conversation is about her look or the look of all the characters. It's not like a burst in on a topic about, say, the music and start shouting "GAWD! Cynder looks like a SLUUT! Her fanz are PURVES!!!!!11!"

Do you really want to be suspended?
---
#87 Posted: 22:29:27 16/12/2010
You brought it up on the Classic Spyro Topic, and let's just say it kind of went astray from there.....

And so what if she has a few curves. Pretty much all female video game characters that are at least teens are sexualized too. If you don't like when people perv on her, don't respond to those kind of posts.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#88 Posted: 02:32:40 17/12/2010
Seriously, you'll find perves everywhere. They'll make anything, as innocent as it looks, dirty. Maybe Cynder did have curves. Girls have those. At least.. they should? smilie That's just how girls are different from guys. Cynder's DotD design didn't bug me, but I guess for some it did.

And about the color thing, it doesn't make a difference to me, at all. And TLoS doesn't really look like Original Spyro, I admit. But I don't think that's bad. I think when they were working on TLoS's design, they focused more on the Original Concept art for original Spyro, actually.
[User Posted Image]
ANB and TEN Spyro looks a lot like that! In my opinion.. He's got the claws like that, the short, chubby body :3 Especially the snout and jaw, and large eyes.
#89 Posted: 04:04:24 17/12/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I always thought that Spyro was a dark blue in the PS1 games.

That's what I meant was he looked blue in ps1 games.
---
Slendy's Shadow
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#90 Posted: 04:32:56 17/12/2010
Quote: Darby
Seriously, you'll find perves everywhere. They'll make anything, as innocent as it looks, dirty. Maybe Cynder did have curves. Girls have those. At least.. they should? smilie That's just how girls are different from guys. Cynder's DotD design didn't bug me, but I guess for some it did.

And about the color thing, it doesn't make a difference to me, at all. And TLoS doesn't really look like Original Spyro, I admit. But I don't think that's bad. I think when they were working on TLoS's design, they focused more on the Original Concept art for original Spyro, actually.
[User Posted Image]
ANB and TEN Spyro looks a lot like that! In my opinion.. He's got the claws like that, the short, chubby body :3 Especially the snout and jaw, and large eyes.

It does look like TLOS Spyro! ^.^
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#91 Posted: 07:19:07 17/12/2010

You made it seem like you were aiming it at us, just by randomly pointing it out, you should think about your posts a little more incase someone misunderstands you.

EDIT: You should have said that it was in General in the first place, then I wouldn't have jumped to a conclusion, but the way I see it, I didn't. What did you expect from a comment like that?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:13:35 17/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#92 Posted: 08:19:43 17/12/2010
Yeah, that's kinda how I felt.
---
I draw stuff.
#93 Posted: 00:21:18 18/12/2010
If I am ever directing a comment at someone in particular, I put their name in the comment. :3
Example: @sonicbrawler182
---
#94 Posted: 00:47:20 18/12/2010
That's usually what I do.
---
I draw stuff.
#95 Posted: 00:57:09 18/12/2010
Although, if it's blatantly obvious who it's directed towards, I don't bother.
The comment Super quoted wasn't directed at anyone here. It was just my opinion on a certain matter. :3
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#96 Posted: 00:15:46 19/12/2010

The problem is that it creates a plothole. Spyro and Cynder were frozen in TIME. It's been said so much, it's annoying now.

(Just to note... this isn't an angry post...)
#97 Posted: 00:24:37 19/12/2010
Yeaaaah....I'm kind of done with that one little subject now!:3
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#98 Posted: 00:30:09 19/12/2010
Lolyeah smilie

Back on topic...

That art does look very Krome-ish.
This
[User Posted Image]
as opposed to
[User Posted Image]
this or
[User Posted Image]
this.
Even though the DoTD art is more vibrant, it hasn't got that style Krome used, which is why I like the older art better. :3
In the DoTD art, Spyro looks all happy and visible and stuff, whereas in the Krome art, his expression always matches the environment(apart from the size comparisons smilie) and he isn't always there.
#99 Posted: 09:19:06 19/12/2010
The first one looks the most like Krome. Though the background seems more like ELB.
---
I draw stuff.
#100 Posted: 09:53:50 19/12/2010
To me, the first screen shot looks completely like Krome Studio's design, the other two look like it has been completely done by Estranges Libellules.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me