Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
If they killed Cynder off... [CLOSED]
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1 Posted: 04:05:46 10/12/2010 | Topic Creator
If they killed HER off... not me... don't kill me, kay? What if they killed her of in this game? what would you think of it?

Alright, heres the thing... if they she were to be killed off how do you think it should be done? now, those who are fans of cynder in any of her forms... feel free to give out your opinion. for those who are NOT fans of her Dotd self, what say we pretend that she was still her ANB/TEN self? thats what I'm gonna do.

I was thinking if she was in her ANB/TEN self that she could take a blow for spyro maybe? say they were fighting Malefor and he threw a death blow and before it gets Spyro she takes it instead? The difference for me is that in her ANB/TEN and slightly colder self, it would have a bigger impact. like a random act of kindness from her that not even she understood why she did such a thing.

Now to clear things up, I am not a Dotd Cynder fan. thats why I chose to use ANB/TEN Cynder it just seemed better in my opinion...

also try to remember that I said IF not they should kill her, okay? now go...
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 16:45:16 10/12/2010
Meh, personally, I would prefer she stayed as I like playing as her, but, if she were to be killed:

It could be as a result of her being captured, tortured and when Spyro arrives to save her, he is shocked by the state she is in, and she either just dies as a result of her injuries, or the villain just finishes her off.

She could just die in the middle of a large scale battle, nice and swift.

That's alll I could be badgered thinking of right now. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#3 Posted: 17:05:01 10/12/2010
I would preffer her as her TEN self. If she reverted back to her non perve-attracting, quiet, caring self, perhaps with a touch os sweetness I might be really sad if she died. If it were to happen she could die in battle, either saving Spyro or just being overwhealmed by the enemy force. Or perhaps a villain could drain her of her dark powers anfter kidnapping her which would kill her as the dark energy is so much a part of her body that the process would steal her lifeforce or disintegrate or something.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#4 Posted: 17:22:47 10/12/2010
Oh, she could die by these methods!smilie:
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#5 Posted: 00:41:19 11/12/2010
If it was her DOTD self, I would dance with joy (and dance and spit on her grave, if it existed). If it was her TEN/ANB self, I wouldn't be a happy chappy, especially if she had the personality from the TEN clip.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5241
#6 Posted: 00:41:51 11/12/2010
Hooray!
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#7 Posted: 02:49:21 11/12/2010
Well,personally I would like it better if Cynder stayed alive, but my reaction would be the same no matter which form she was in.

I think Cynder dying could actually make for a good storyline if they carried it out well, there's many ways they could go about it too.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
#8 Posted: 00:24:17 13/12/2010
I agree. Cynder dying would make a better storyline.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#9 Posted: 03:22:43 13/12/2010
Maybe it would make a good storyline, I mean, games don't usually kill off major characters that a lot of fans like (Ignitus being an exception, and yes, a lot of people do like Cynder, even if you don't).. So it would be unexpected and add a huge twist, but I honestly think that would mess up the fan-base. It wouldn't go over well with the die-hard #1 Cynder fans, and they'd go berserk. I, being a Cynder fan, would be very upset, to be honest. Anti-Cynder fans would be ecstatic, and it would be.. chaotic. Ehh, that's just my take on what would most likely happen.
#10 Posted: 03:31:21 13/12/2010 | Topic Creator
^ yea, your probably right. I, honestly would not want her to be killed off. I dont really see why they would at this stage anymore and I am a fan of Krome Cynder. I made this topic mostly because I was thinking of how would be the most suitable way to have killed her off if it were to be done. I actually hope (though others probably strongly disagree) that they could give her the personality from TEN again. IMO, She was better suited for that kind of character.

If they had killed her off I would be upset too, though. especially if she was still her Krome self.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#11 Posted: 03:46:21 13/12/2010
Ohh, I see. I wouldn't like her to be killed off either, but if it was done, here's how I'd think it'd happen.
For her death, I'd think she'd either be killed by Spyro or Malefor and/or by self sacrifice.
By Malefor:
A: Malefor would be closing in on Spyro, and Cynder sacrifices herself for him by not stepping out of Malefor's way, despite Spyro's demands for her to move.
B: Cynder simply refuses to join his side, sealing her fate.
By Spyro:
A: Malefor uses his dark magic to take over Spyro's thoughts and actions. Spyro kills Cynder, against his own will.
B: When Cynder is turned into her dark form at the end of DotD, Cynder tells him to fight back. Instead of giving up despite all he's been through just to get this far, how far he's come, and what he's there for, he makes the tough decision of fighting back at Cynder, and after a battle, Cynder is killed.

Just some ideas.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:49 13/12/2010 by Darby
#12 Posted: 04:54:16 13/12/2010
I think Ignitus's death is more reasonable than Cynder's death, to be honest.

However, I think more than one guardian should die, like Terrador.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#13 Posted: 05:06:06 13/12/2010
ANB: Noooo! Dark Cynder is epic!
TEN: I'd be upset, but it'd go away over time.
DoTD: I wouldn't be upset, but I'd be a bit disappointed.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#14 Posted: 08:11:45 13/12/2010
Um, Cynder died in the Belt of Fire or she died during the fight with Malefor. I could post how it happens later.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#15 Posted: 15:56:37 13/12/2010
I don't think game makers should base thier ideas around the fandom's wishes. If it's important to the story (ie. it needs to happen to move things along, make sence of the story, or eliminate a character they have no use for in the forseeablue future who would then just be dead weight) then do it. If fans are gonna fight, so be it.
---
#16 Posted: 19:19:48 13/12/2010
Yeah, they never care about us most of the time. I don't know the last time they listened to us anyway.
---
I draw stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#17 Posted: 19:27:04 13/12/2010
I don't think that the game developers or publishers are meant to listen to the fans are they?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#18 Posted: 19:32:09 13/12/2010
Id on't know, it could be a good idea for gameplay but when it comes to story, do what needs to be done in order to make it all make sense, WITHOUT diverting from the logical path just to input some mushy trash or something.
---
#19 Posted: 19:33:20 13/12/2010
I don't think so. Not like they ever do. Because they might get an idea from an 8 or 9 year old and the game turns out real bad. But they could get ideas from some of you older fans, but they never will...
---
I draw stuff.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#20 Posted: 19:36:50 13/12/2010
If it was Krome Cynder I would have a party, DOTD Cynder I would never kill!
#21 Posted: 19:39:46 13/12/2010
Cynder being killed would make me kinda sad, but she is just another character in tLoS, so it doesn't bother me. I'd rather DotD Cynder die than TEN or ANB Cynder. It's not that I hate DotD Cynder, it's just they changed her while inside the Time Crystal and she shouldn't look like that.
---
I draw stuff.
#22 Posted: 19:51:43 13/12/2010
Cynder is still the same Cynder in all of her forms, so I'd be equally upset if they killed her off in TEN or DotD. It's the same character anyway, just a different appearence thanks to the change from Krome to EL.
#23 Posted: 19:58:07 13/12/2010
And a different personality in each game but hey, she's still Cynder!
//sarcasm
---
#24 Posted: 20:19:24 13/12/2010
ANB: She was corrupted
TEN: She was depressed and we HARDLY seen her.
DotD: She has lightened up a bit(probably due to Spyro accepting her, and due to the fact she loves him), but the guilt is still there.

She doesn't have a different personality(except in ANb), she just had a bit of character development(honestly, it's unrealistic if she stays depressed, as it's not a personality trait - it's a MENTAL ILLNESS!).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:52 13/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
#25 Posted: 20:22:05 13/12/2010
Yeah, I agree with sonicbrawler. You are right. But still, they shouldn't have changed their appearances.
---
I draw stuff.
#26 Posted: 20:25:28 13/12/2010
In my opinion, Cynder's personality bored me. It was okay to start with, and then I was like "Okay, you're with a nice friend now, get over it!" LOL
---
#27 Posted: 20:41:44 13/12/2010
Well, the appearence change was necessary for ANB to TEN. However, the TEN to DotD was not.
Although most people say it was because EL made it so, if you watch the extra clip in TEN carefully, you will see that they are actually developing into their DotD appearences. I actually like the DotD designs.
---
#28 Posted: 20:43:25 13/12/2010
I prefer the DOTD designs to ANB/TEN.
---
#29 Posted: 20:47:56 13/12/2010
Yeah, my bro came into the room when I was playing TEN yesterday, and the cutscene where Cynder is on a chain leash was playing. He already played through DotD, but didn't play the other LoS games, and didn't know what Cynder looked like in her little kid form. When he seen her, he just went:
"She looks so ******* weird in that game!"
---
#30 Posted: 20:50:56 13/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Yeah, my bro came into the room when I was playing TEN yesterday, and the cutscene where Cynder is on a chain leash was playing. He already played through DotD, but didn't play the other LoS games, and didn't know what Cynder looked like in her little kid form. When he seen her, he just went:
"She looks so ******* weird in that game!"

LOL! She looks kind of too fat, and she has tiny legs, and her head looks too big in my opinion.

When I play any of the Spyro games for the PlayStation, when my little Sister comes in she says "I love Spyro!" but when I play anything else, even a later Spyro game she just says "Oh this is boring!" smilie

EDIT: She is only four. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:15 13/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#31 Posted: 20:52:31 13/12/2010
DotD: She has lightened up a bit(probably due to Spyro accepting her, and due to the fact she loves him), but the guilt is still there.

She doesn't have a different personality(except in ANb), she just had a bit of character development(honestly, it's unrealistic if she stays depressed, as it's not a personality trait - it's a MENTAL ILLNESS!).

Fine to be more confident and happier, but she seems to have an unwarranted level of confidence given how she swiftly responds to all of Sparx's remarks with something snippy. Her change was too abrupt; it'd be better if she had been mostly quiet with a touch a bravery (more than DotD Cynder had) and if she were more certain of herself. By that I mean she wouldn't break down in Malefor's Lair not knowing what to think, though she could admit to being scared before they enter.
---
#32 Posted: 20:59:08 13/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Fine to be more confident and happier, but she seems to have an unwarranted level of confidence given how she swiftly responds to all of Sparx's remarks with something snippy. Her change was too abrupt; it'd be better if she had been mostly quiet with a touch a bravery (more than DotD Cynder had) and if she were more certain of herself. By that I mean she wouldn't break down in Malefor's Lair not knowing what to think, though she could admit to being scared before they enter.

You do have a point there, and I guess that's how you can tell that the developers were rushing.
---
#33 Posted: 21:04:43 13/12/2010
Sparx is a bug and a friend.....why wouldn't she be a little jokey with him(if you ask me, it was payback!)?

And she was pretty quite around anyone but Spyro and Sparx(the Guardians seem to hardly notice her at all).
And it makes sense that she would break down. After all, a lot of LoS fans who hated DotD say they wanted her to be "scared and confused".
---
#34 Posted: 21:04:50 13/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Hm, from what I can see, however Cynders personality in Dotd was a ton different then even her happier personality in the TEN short.

perhaps your right, sonicbrawler. she could'nt stay depressed all the time, but... the change was far too sudden, I mean they were trapped in a time crystal meaning there mental and physical selves were frozen as they were. so my question would be, how could thier personalities change from how they were in TEN if they had no space inbetween to develop that personality.

Also, Spyro had already accepted her in TEN. he said himself that he didn't blame her for what happened and wanted her to stay, however she decided it best that she left anyway. from my point of view the personalities are too different. especially seeing all that she went through. you would think her personality even if she had gotten over those things would be somewhat of a character that is is kind but would hardly show it. that's sorta the impression I got from the way her personality as growing in that TEN clip.

one more thing. even though she wasn't in TEN much, she didn't need to be for us to be able to see her personality. sometimes it only takes a line or two to be able to see such things.
---
#35 Posted: 21:08:13 13/12/2010
Yes, but hardly any screentime means hardly any visible development. In fact, Cynder was ONLY depressed at the temple in TEN. Any other time, she was quick to make comments and to fight, JUST like in DotD.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#36 Posted: 21:11:59 13/12/2010
Quote: BlackNight12
Hm, from what I can see, however Cynders personality in Dotd was a ton different then even her happier personality in the TEN short.

perhaps your right, sonicbrawler. she could'nt stay depressed all the time, but... the change was far too sudden, I mean they were trapped in a time crystal meaning there mental and physical selves were frozen as they were. so my question would be, how could thier personalities change from how they were in TEN if they had no space inbetween to develop that personality.

Also, Spyro had already accepted her in TEN. he said himself that he didn't blame her for what happened and wanted her to stay, however she decided it best that she left anyway. from my point of view the personalities are too different. especially seeing all that she went through. you would think her personality even if she had gotten over those things would be somewhat of a character that is is kind but would hardly show it. that's sorta the impression I got from the way her personality as growing in that TEN clip.

one more thing. even though she wasn't in TEN much, she didn't need to be for us to be able to see her personality. sometimes it only takes a line or two to be able to see such things.

Agree with all of this.

The change was far, far too abrupt. Even with her limited screentime, TEN was one night long if I recall - So from the personality we see at the start, to DotD..... No, far, far too rushed.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:34 13/12/2010 by Spyroo
#37 Posted: 21:31:36 13/12/2010
I agree with BlackNight.

@sonicbrawler: Still, I for one doubt she could go from humble, quiet and sad in such a short time (I think TEN spanned one night!), especially when you consider the fact that she was probably thinking non stop about what she did and how to deal with it, and don't forget her dual kidnapping, or the fact that she was in danger of being corrupted if Spyro didn't arrive in time (a danger I'll bet money she knew).

Also, I agree she could be a little jokey with him, but not as suddenly as she was. I'd much rather she said one joke of sorts after Sparx accused her of being evil for say the third time or more.
---
#38 Posted: 21:53:03 13/12/2010
TEN takes place over approximately 2 days. And a night is more than enough time to lighten up anyway(I myself have seen some pretty harsh times).

Also, I recall the bird saying she was the "champion of the arena". Would the fighting and that title not of toughened her up and built her self esteem? It's clear she was gaining her independence during TEN, and showing it in DotD.
---
#39 Posted: 22:05:14 13/12/2010
Maybe lighten up, but you still don't see a personality change overnight. I don't think she was really proud of being a champion in the arena, she was just trying to live.

She was already tough enough to hold her own in battle, but how quickly she was knocked back by Gaul proves she wasn't 100% battle-ready.

And she never once went against Sparx in TEN - Then the first time she wakes up from a slumber she starts remarks about him. That's just impossible to switch that quickly, for anyone (unless of course, they have a personality disorder).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#40 Posted: 22:18:26 13/12/2010
Again, she didn't undergo a personality change. She just lost SOME of her depression, and depression is a MENTAL ILLNESS, not a personality trait. Depression can be lost quickly.

That was partly due to her size(and the fact that she purposely stopped in front of him, instead of just letting herself force the staff out of his hand).

She hardly seen Sparx in TEN, and Sparx always insulted her whenever she DID see him. So for her to all of a sudden get payback makes complete sense(I know I would do it!smilie). It's not like she got amnesia in the crystal. And maybe she still remembers the "sexy" quote....smilie
---
#41 Posted: 22:25:16 13/12/2010
Again, she didn't undergo a personality change. She just lost SOME of her depression, and depression is a MENTAL ILLNESS, not a personality trait. Depression can be lost quickly.

That was partly due to her size(and the fact that she purposely stopped in front of him, instead of just letting herself force the staff out of his hand).

She hardly seen Sparx in TEN, and Sparx always insulted her whenever she DID see him. So for her to all of a sudden get payback makes complete sense(I know I would do it!smilie). It's not like she got amnesia in the crystal. And maybe she still remembers the "sexy" quote....smilie

I agree with the depression part, I get it at times, and the next day I feel fine, and towards the end, I start getting depressed again, it's just certain things that keep going round in my head.
---
#42 Posted: 22:26:45 13/12/2010
Depression is not always lost that quickly. And in Cynder's case, not like that. And technically, her feeling of guilt is part of her personality - She's a kind and caring young dragoness who was forced to do wrong, and now she feels it's her fault.

But again, she hasn't done that to Sparx all this time, and now? You can clearly see it's a change in game design.

Her personality HAS changed though - Only you can't see it. She is drastically different from how she was in TEN and ANB.
---
#43 Posted: 22:28:05 13/12/2010
Yeah, I get it too, but am normally able to deal with it.
I find I have a lot in common with Cynder as a character, so I feel I can understand her really well.
---
#44 Posted: 22:47:18 13/12/2010
TEN takes place over approximately 2 days. And a night is more than enough time to lighten up anyway(I myself have seen some pretty harsh times).

Also, I recall the bird saying she was the "champion of the arena". Would the fighting and that title not of toughened her up and built her self esteem? It's clear she was gaining her independence during TEN, and showing it in DotD.

Yeah, maybe you have but I doubt you've been corrupted for over ten years of our life then had to live amoung the people whose lives you've destroyed, then try to leave them only to be kidnapped and threatened with a return to your corrupted life which will most likely kill the people you've come to like.

Also, as Spyroo said: Lighten up: Maybe (but less likely in this case)
but you WON'T undergo a full change of personality.

She shoud have kept the level of toughness and confidence she had in TEN. It was actually a fair bit; consider how she yelled at Gaul when he was talking about Malefor's ressurection and her re-corruption, how she lunged for Gaul's staff, and how she kicked Spyro out of the energy beam in the Well of Souls.
---
#45 Posted: 22:52:24 13/12/2010
If you really think about her situation, it's not. She's still Cynder. i can see DEVELOPMENT in her personality, not an overhaul. Just compare her transition from TEN to DotD, and Sonic's transition from Sonic Heroes to Sonic 06. Now THAT'S a change in personality.

I could literally go into an essay about Cynder's personality, but obviously, I don't have the time.

And I know depression is not always lost quickly, but the max is considered to be two weeks. After that, your considered schizophrenic.

And I take back the comment about her "not forgetting anything". She probably doesn't REMEMBER her depression. Why do I think this? Well:

Spyro:"Cynder, what happened? Where are we?
Cynder:"I don't know. It's all a blur."
---
#46 Posted: 22:54:13 13/12/2010
LOL, I think TLOS is crazy.
---
#47 Posted: 22:55:45 13/12/2010

And I know depression is not always lost quickly, but the max is considered to be two weeks. After that, your considered schizophrenic.

You have no idea of the difference between the two. Believe me, I do. That's just bs, no offense.

And there's no amount of essays or text that will ever make me believe it is anything other than a personality switch. Even your reasons aren't persuading me.

Different company = different script. Pretty much everyone, Cynder fans included, know and can see it.
---
#48 Posted: 23:10:05 13/12/2010 | Topic Creator
Hm, Okay. here's how I see it. I think like Spyroo said is correct. It seemed to be part of her personality. depression (in Cynders case) would last a while and like NEW_SpyroLUVA said, all that happened to her being corrupted, living with those who's lives you destroyed, being kidnapped to be corrupted again,etc... if that happened to someone their depression's gonna last and probably for more then just a week or two.

As for the her not remembering her depression and saying it's a blur. she was probably talking about not remembering how they got into the crystal and survived through the collapsing mountain. because, if that were the case that she forgot her the depression she would have probably forgot a whole lot more too.

Basically, I think they completly changed her character and no way it's put can say different.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:30 13/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#49 Posted: 23:15:33 13/12/2010
If you really think about her situation, it's not. She's still Cynder. i can see DEVELOPMENT in her personality, not an overhaul. Just compare her transition from TEN to DotD, and Sonic's transition from Sonic Heroes to Sonic 06. Now THAT'S a change in personality.

I could literally go into an essay about Cynder's personality, but obviously, I don't have the time.

And I take back the comment about her "not forgetting anything". She probably doesn't REMEMBER her depression. Why do I think this? Well:

Spyro:"Cynder, what happened? Where are we?
Cynder:"I don't know. It's all a blur."

I think she'd recall all she'd done and been through and that'd make her more solemn.
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#50 Posted: 01:26:46 14/12/2010
I'd be really happy. Such a flat and annoying character.
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me