First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The good things about Dawn of the Dragon [CLOSED]
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#51 Posted: 05:22:10 07/12/2010
I think that they should have kept the charge the same as ANB and TEN and make L1 the evade button. That way it would be simular to the other two games. In one way at least. I think it's kinda funny the way that you need to press square and triangle at the same time to use your fury. It's kinda weird to me.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#52 Posted: 22:52:08 07/12/2010
I think the game was great! I liked the design of all of the characters, especially Cynder. Also Spyro, they matched his age with his new design great while still getting a good image of Spyro.Other then design/graphics:

• The flight mechanics were good.
  • I liked the more free roamish levels the most, but i think all of the levels were put together pretty neatly.
  • The scenery was stellar!(although at times too bright)
  • Voice acting was great like always
  • The combat was awesome.
  • The game could use another comedic relief.
  • The story was pretty cool(Though it was a perfect ripoff of lord of the rings. was good even though did not link back to the old games at all.)
  • Roles were played out to perfection.

• Thats all i have to say for now but i think this game was super dooper smilie.
    ---
    I completely agree with the statement above...
    spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
    #53 Posted: 00:49:57 08/12/2010
    ^I agree....especially w/ the sooper dooper part of the gamesmilie
    ---
    Slendy's Shadow
    i love smilie smilie and smilie
    sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
    #54 Posted: 02:18:34 19/12/2010
    I love the cheats in this game. They can be so fun to mess with!smilie

Also, DotD has proven to be a great subject for me to test my Dazzle's quality settings!smilie
    I also love the "little details" in this game. If you want to know more, ask me!smilie
    ---
    "My memories will be part of the sky."
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:18 23/12/2010 by sonicbrawler182
    TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
    #55 Posted: 22:59:28 28/12/2010
    My favourite part was... The credits! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I wanted it to be over, its just... I sat there. Crying! I couldn't help it, it was just that there was darkness, with that beautiful godess of a song playing over it, like some kinda candle of hope (LoS has officially filled my mind with cliches) in the dark. But the thing that got me the most, my very favourite part, was the message to the Spyro fans who'd stuck with him over the years-gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside :3
    ---
    "It's time to call in the big guns."
    Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
    #56 Posted: 14:41:57 29/12/2010
    Oh yeah, I love when there are messages at the end of a video game's credits!smilie
    ---
    SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
    #57 Posted: 22:26:43 29/12/2010
    Meh, I kinda like the ending song a couple of times but now it's just annoying as it just makes me feel despressed listening to it, lol. The message was kind of interesting at the end, I thought that meant it was going to be the last ever Spyro game after seeing it though.
    ---
    Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
    #58 Posted: 22:31:35 29/12/2010
    I love "Guide You Home", it's one of my favourite songs ever....and I usually hate love songs!smilie
    ---
    Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
    #59 Posted: 22:34:44 29/12/2010
    I love Guide You Home and This Broken Soul, heh, both are on my iPod! I listened to This broken Soul a countless amount of times on my car trip smilie
    SpyroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1592
    #60 Posted: 09:05:54 15/03/2011
    Guide You Home is the one and only love song I love! smilie
    ---
    "Breathe, Sparx old boy...go to your happy place."
    (Steam, Skype: SpyroGuy; Youtube: Sonic06FanReturns)
    pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
    #61 Posted: 00:04:04 16/03/2011
    Guide you home is on my i-pod too. They basically had a lot of pretty music.
    ---
    Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
    Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
    #62 Posted: 05:43:03 08/04/2011
    The only thing that I really hated about DoTD was the camera angle. Like everyone else mentioned, the music was amazing, and I couldn't ever get through the valley of Avalar without my hair on my neck raising at least once to how beautiful the music was. The graphics were the best I've ever seen in a spyro game, and the combat system was amazing. I loved the grapple attacks for both the air and the ground, and I LOVED Cynder's shadow ability. IT was my favorite ability in the whole game and Cynder herself was my favorite character in the whole series. My favorite part of the entire game though, was at the end of the game when she finally told spyro that she loved him. I'll admit, that part made me cry, especially when I first thought they had died.
    spyro super fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
    #63 Posted: 06:26:50 08/04/2011
    DOTD was a good game, it just had badly hidden stuff and was a bit too easy, while in the burned lands i could never get through without using cheat codes in atleast one of the battles, mostly because of those giant things coming up all the time and way too much enemies, i liked the last level before the figth against malefor, those turret thingies actually made you have to be somewhat carefull while still not making it too hard, the only dangerous thing about the turrets being that they can keep you inside a certain area
    ---
    Kiyoteru Hiyama - "You're engulfed in a sorrowful melody, come and sleep now.
    Hereafter, the beginning of a tragedy must be burned into your eyes."
    #64 Posted: 18:56:06 08/04/2011
    Most of the hidden items were hidden in relatively easy spots....there are one or two devilish ones though...

I don't see what the problem is with the camera....unless you use a Wii Remote...
    ---
    #65 Posted: 19:28:48 08/04/2011
    Quote: sonicbrawler182
    Most of the hidden items were hidden in relatively easy spots....there are one or two devilish ones though...

I don't see what the problem is with the camera....unless you use a Wii Remote...

Most of the time the camera is okay in Single Player. The only part that it gets to be awkward is the Golem Fight in the Dragon City. In Co-op though is where the camera is horrible. Often times it will switch back and forth between two-player and single player view, (on the 360 anyway, I did not notice this problem when I played it on the PS2 with my fiance) So it may just be the 360 version that the camera may have the glitches on. Over all I love the game, and I made sure that it was one of the few games, (and right now the only game) That I have that has EVERY Achievement for the game and I still love it to pieces.
    #66 Posted: 19:59:11 08/04/2011
    The camera is near perfect in Single Player.

In Co-Op, it just takes a few minutes to get used to, and to learn you can change camera modes.

And I have the Xbox 360 version....
    ---
    CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
    #67 Posted: 20:02:53 08/04/2011
    The music
    The co-op
    The graphics (even on the Wii version)
    The landscapes
    Some of the breaths
    Bits and pieces of gameplay
    #68 Posted: 20:15:46 08/04/2011
    Oh yeah, the Co-Op...I think I'm one of the few who liked it!smilie
    ---
    #69 Posted: 21:28:25 08/04/2011
    I loved the co-op, I just didn't like the camera. Though, I did by the game used, and it could be something with the individual game I have myself rather than the game as a whole. like I said, I never noticed the issue on the PS2, and I had the issue on other xboxes as well. So it very well could just be my individual game.

I also loved how Wayne Brady was the Voice actor of Sparx. AS soon as I saw that, I knew that at the very ,east, sparx would be funny. What's even more fun though, was after beating the game, turning the cheats for unlimited mana and max EXP and going through again was the most fun I've had. Especially with the Shadow, wind, and Ice elements. The unlimited tornado of wind or ice was always a "cool" way to take care of enemies.

Oh, and CAV, Nice Avy, The Undertaker is BOSS. I've been out of WWE for a while, but I still love the undertaker.
    Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
    #70 Posted: 21:55:54 08/04/2011
    The music.
    The breath types.
    and the vally of avalar and burned lands.
    Other then that this game is a living peice of crap
    ---
    Quote: Alydol
    go back to whining about your fish
    Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
    #71 Posted: 18:20:19 09/04/2011
    The music x10. <3
    The co-op & free-flight
    The graphics & scenery. So pretty!
    Spyro/Cynder's elements
    The little details in the game
    #72 Posted: 20:41:46 09/04/2011
    Quote: Elazar
    I also loved how Wayne Brady was the Voice actor of Sparx. AS soon as I saw that, I knew that at the very ,east, sparx would be funny.

Oh, and CAV, Nice Avy, The Undertaker is BOSS. I've been out of WWE for a while, but I still love the undertaker.

I personally thought Brady was the worst voice in DotD, and LoS as a whole. :/

He is boss. He hit 19-0. Too bad he suffered a heart attack. smilie
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:01 09/04/2011 by CAV
    #73 Posted: 07:09:14 10/04/2011
    Quote: CAV
    I also loved how Wayne Brady was the Voice actor of Sparx. AS soon as I saw that, I knew that at the very ,east, sparx would be funny.

I personally thought Brady was the worst voice in DotD, and LoS as a whole. :/

He is boss. He hit 19-0. Too bad he suffered a heart attack. smilie

I did not hear about his heart attack, did he survive. and ill admit, wasn't brady's best performance but still thought it was funny
    spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
    #74 Posted: 10:24:10 10/04/2011
    I love Cynder in this game. smilie

The music is absolutley magical, I listen to it when i do art and wow...all I can say is it really helps. smilie
    The various locations in the game are just wonderful. The Valley of Avalar is a personal favourite. The level really warms my heart. I also love twighlight falls! smilie

A brilliant game and a mighty fine way to conclude the trilogy in my oppinion smilie

Peace out TLOS fans! (Y)
    ---
    ''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
    #75 Posted: 15:50:47 10/04/2011
    I did not hear about his heart attack, did he survive. and ill admit, wasn't brady's best performance but still thought it was funny

He survived. But now he's considering retiring. Also, both him and Triple H got fined for using chair shots to the head in their Wrestlemania match.
    GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
    #76 Posted: 03:02:17 26/04/2011
    • Spyro's in it
    • Wall Climbing was a fun addition
    • The Floating Islands were beautiful
    • The Valley of Avalar had lots of spots to hide in and run around
    • Attack of The Golem was a decent level
    • The Destroyer as a level was awesome
    • The voice acting was nice
    • Ice and Wind had epic secondary attacks(though they were godmod)
    • There are fun glitches

The graphics are overrated...
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:00:56 26/04/2011 by GamingMaster_76
    #77 Posted: 11:23:24 26/04/2011
    I don't think they are overrated on the next gen versions at least. Better than all the mucky Gears of War and Call of Duty drab we get.....
    ---
    #78 Posted: 11:22:52 27/04/2011
    Yes, but everybody makes it out like they're the best graphic renderings of all time, and they're far from it.

Also, not to start a console war, but I find the term "next gen versions" upsetting the way it was used there. I just can't help but say this, but how you said that came across as "the Wii and PS2 are graphic weak". D: I'm gonna kill myself for saying that...
    SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
    #79 Posted: 11:30:30 27/04/2011
    I know that the PS2 graphic aren't weak at all, especially when I look at Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary for it, those graphics are great.
    ---
    Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
    #80 Posted: 12:18:12 27/04/2011
    Quote: GamingMaster_76
    Yes, but everybody makes it out like they're the best graphic renderings of all time, and they're far from it.

Also, not to start a console war, but I find the term "next gen versions" upsetting the way it was used there. I just can't help but say this, but how you said that came across as "the Wii and PS2 are graphic weak". D: I'm gonna kill myself for saying that...

Nobody makes it out to have the best graphics of all time!smilie
    But really, it's actually a matter of opinion. DotD on 360 is actually one of my personal favourite games for graphics.

Xbox 360 and PS3 have next gen graphics. Wii doesn't, but is next gen in a different way (still has great looking games though). PS2 is last gen. There were some great looking games on the PS2, but it is a dead console now. And for one thing, it is technically impossible to make perfectly spherical models on PS2. So yeah, PS2 is last gen in every way possible. Wii is kind of last gen in graphical terms. Deal with it.
    ---
    #81 Posted: 12:28:21 27/04/2011
    Yes they do. They act just that way, some of them.

Not really. Apart from DoTD, and to an extent, Legend of The Guardians- which, may I say, was on my annoying blurry uncalibrated 55"- pretty much every Wii game I've played looked the same as the "HD" versions, and some of them- TALKING ABOUT THE SAME GAMES- look even better(funnily enough, DoTD goes into this category). People make such a big fuss about the Wii not having HD graphics sometimes, but it actually makes an extremely small difference, and it's just like the big fuss over Blu-Ray. I really hope graphics don't get any further than this, because right now, they're a bit of a pain. I can wait forever for HHD, and want to. D:

Last-gen resolution is cool, anyway. I genuinely like it. I swear- I'm not joking this time.
    #82 Posted: 12:39:08 27/04/2011
    Prove it.

No, it is a matter of opinion. For example, many people think Conker's Bad Fur Day, on N64, looks better than it's remake, Live & Reloaded on Xbox.

I'm the opposite. Every multi-platform game I played looked better on the HD version, usually because the developers made the Wii version at the last minute for extra money.

Wii does not need HD. Games like Sonic Colours and Monster Hunter Tri look amazing. But nice graphics add a lot to a game for me. Maybe it's my arty side that does it. But seriously, I could wonder around The Archylte Steppe in Final Fantasy XIII all day simply because of it's expansive beauty and amazing music.

Last-gen resolution is fine, but I use HD when I can.
    ---
    #83 Posted: 12:53:46 27/04/2011
    I'm not gong to bother what I meant, because it's not good when a poster loses track of what they were replying to. Huh? But you have to admit that some of the people playing Dawn, not nescicarrily here or anywhere on the Net for that matter, are doing it just for the graphics, and there are people who are making it out like these are the best graphics of any game of any time.

Detail is not nescicarrily good. That's what I'll leave it at.

I just hate when there are people making Wiis explode just because they don't have HD or DVDs. Who cares about that? Games are what can make a console amazing, and the Wii is pure fun. So basically, I agree. I was on YouTube a couple of hours ago, actually, and I watched a comparison of normal Super Mario Galaxy and it on a HD emulator- and I only saw a difference in a few specks of details(more sparkles, some light patchwork visible on Rosalina's dress, and clearer Zs). To be honest, I hate my Blu-Ray player. The only upsides are watching the extended edition of Avatar and 3D movies, neither of which I can do becaue one, my player is incompatible, and two, I don't have a 3D TV(and honestly DO NOT WANT).

They make me feel nostalgic. Maybe Ninty just felt the same way and wanted to say one last goodbye to normal graphics, or just wanted to show off without HD, of just forgot or plain "too expensive". smilie In any case, the Wii is like a tribute to the previous gen for me. I'll miss watching Avatar in low def. X3
    #84 Posted: 13:04:18 27/04/2011
    I won't admit that. I have never seen anyone say it is the best looking game they have seen, and even if they did, it is their opinion, and I'm fine with it.

I agree. If it's a realistic game, detail is important, but if it is cartoony, it should have simpler textures and colours. Both can look awesome.

People make Wiis explode because 'sploding things is funneh, 'nuff said! PEOPLE 'SPLODE EVERYTHING!!!smilie

But yeah, games are most important (for me).

You.....are kinda missing the point with the whole graphics debate that people have. HD isn't what makes a game look good. It just makes it better. What people really wish is for Nintendo to make a console with a lot of graphical power like PS3 and Xbox 360, so they can play games like Mario, Zelda and Metroid with incredibly immersive graphics. I myself would love that, but I don't mind as long as the games are fun.

I think Ninty just didn't want to spend time on a powerful console, as the motion control was their main aim.
    ---
    #85 Posted: 13:14:47 27/04/2011
    Im not against their opinion. I just think it' kinda like complaining about HD, but in the opposite way. Hoping ou get what i mean, here...

Ehh, I don't really care. All I know is I hate my Blu-Ray player and don't want a 3D TV. smilie

But no, I knew that. I'm just talking about the people hating on it simply because there isn't a built in Achievement system, or moie viewing, or anything... Especially when they can gt it elsewhere. I daresay I'd ven be angry if it were aimed at one of Microsoft's consoles(smilie).
    #86 Posted: 13:20:59 27/04/2011
    I do get what you mean. But really, there is nothing wrong with good or bad graphics so long as the game is good.

Don't have a Blu-Ray Player other than a PS3, and movies look stunning on it. My uncle got a 3DTV, and said it looks really cool. I wanna try it myself.

I'd love if Wii had achievements...me and one my best friends came up with the perfect name for them...
    .___.
    ---
    #87 Posted: 22:27:14 27/04/2011
    Awiievements. smilie Well, the 3DS is getting an Achievements system in May, I've heard, so the Zii should be getting one too. After all, it is called Project Cafe, and Cafe = Socialization = Better Internet. smilie
    #88 Posted: 22:30:13 27/04/2011
    No, they should be called......

MARIO CAPABILITIES!!!!! :^O3
    ---
    First | Page 2 of 2
    1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me