First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Malefor's words...... [CLOSED]
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#51 Posted: 18:16:36 09/11/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
^ good theroy
but also the chronicler said that the First purple dragon was malefor then that would make a One thousand year old dragon who has control overt all the books that have the entire dragon race history a lier? i dont think so but then again we again we dont the chronicelrs TRUE COLOR now do we?

the chronicler was a green dragon. i saw in the book at the end of DOTD a green dragon who looked exactly like the chronicler except green. And it's true because Ignitus turned blue when he became the chronicler so the chronicler before him wasnt naturaly blue.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#52 Posted: 10:42:07 13/11/2010
Quote: Darby
I think Malefor was just making it up to scare Spyro and make him lose all of his hope of saving the world.
First of all, there were many things in the game hinting that Malefor was the first purple dragon.
Remember, the guardians had trusted Malefor when he was young. I don't think they would have trusted him if they knew what Purple Dragons were supposedly created to do (Destroy the World).. Had there been Purple Dragons before him, and had they been sent to destroy the World, Malefor would have never be trusted and taught by the Guardians in the first place, and a Purple Dragon would be considered evil and dangerous, instead of a special creature.

How would the Guardians know that he was evil if he was the first purple dragons. Sure, there may have been many purple dragons, but he was the FIRST purple dragon. All the other purple dragons came after him, and before Spyro. The guardians might have just thought that he was a rare breed or something.

But it still doesn't explain why everyone believes that the purple dragon is special, designed to save the world and all, if the duty of the purple dragon is to destroy it.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#53 Posted: 13:39:33 13/11/2010
I agree with:
Malefor was the FIRST purple dragon.
There were many others which came AFTER Malefor.
The Purple dragon is special in that it can use four elements.
The Purple dragon is NOT destined to destroy the world; if it were the guardians would have destroyed Spyro's egg BEFORE Malefor could get his hands on it and train him to be his apprentice.

What I don't get:
If the purple dragon is truely destined to destroy the world, why would Malefor try to destroy Spyro's egg when he could steal it and train Spyro to be his right hand man? Malefor was powerful alone, (or so we were led to believe pre DotD) but with ANOTHER purple dragon by his side he'd be truely unstoppable.
Also, why keep the existence of other purple dragons a secret from Spyro? It's pretty obvious that it was NOT the purple dragon's destiny to destroy everything, so it's not like they'd freak Spyro out by telling him there were other dragons of his colour.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#54 Posted: 14:40:49 13/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I think Malefor was just making it up to scare Spyro and make him lose all of his hope of saving the world.
First of all, there were many things in the game hinting that Malefor was the first purple dragon.
Remember, the guardians had trusted Malefor when he was young. I don't think they would have trusted him if they knew what Purple Dragons were supposedly created to do (Destroy the World).. Had there been Purple Dragons before him, and had they been sent to destroy the World, Malefor would have never be trusted and taught by the Guardians in the first place, and a Purple Dragon would be considered evil and dangerous, instead of a special creature.

How would the Guardians know that he was evil if he was the first purple dragons. Sure, there may have been many purple dragons, but he was the FIRST purple dragon. All the other purple dragons came after him, and before Spyro. The guardians might have just thought that he was a rare breed or something.

But it still doesn't explain why everyone believes that the purple dragon is special, designed to save the world and all, if the duty of the purple dragon is to destroy it.

The Guardians wouldn't know that he was evil. Since he was the first Purple Dragon, they thought he was very special, and a rare breed of Dragon, which he was. They trusted him and raised him as said in the game itself. Then, he turned evil by choice, and that's when they realized how deadly they could be. That's why when Chief Prowlus came across Spyro, he didn't trust him. He told Hunter "Unlike you, I have not forgotten what they say Malefor was like when he was young.." By this, he meant that Malefor was just like Spyro when he was young, and he was trusted, but then he turned evil. But the Guardians knew that Malefor was evil by CHOICE. Otherwise, they would have smashed Spyro's egg. They saved it because they knew that Spyro was special, and would be extremely powerful, just like Malefor, and could be used against him. Spyro was their only chance against Malefor. They knew even if they HAD smashed Spyro's egg, they would be goners anyway since there was nothing they could do to defeat Malefor. If they didn't smash it, then Spyro would either turn evil, and they'd all die, (just like they would if they had smashed Spyro's Egg) or Spyro would remain good and be their only chance against Malefor, so MAYBE, just maybe, Malefor would be defeated. So they didn't smash it, because that was their only chance against Malefor.
I'm saying I think he was the first Purple Dragon, and he made up what he said to Spyro about there being many Purple Dragons who's duty was to destroy the world, otherwise, he would have never been trusted in the first place. When he was born, he was considered a very special creature because there was none like him before. They raised him and trusted him until he realized how powerful he was, and chose to be evil. Then Spyro came along, and he wasn't trusted by everyone (Chief Prowlus as an example) because they believed he would turn evil as well because the only other Purple Dragon they knew turned evil. Malefor told Spyro that there had been many Purple Dragons before him, and that their duty was to destroy the World to scare Spyro. To make Spyro think he really wasn't meant to be good, which Spyro already had second thoughts about. (Like when he uncontrollably turned Dark) He tried to make Spyro doubt his good side, and to convince him that he was evil. He said this to Spyro as a last attempt to make him and Cynder join his side, because he knew they were both powerful, and if Malefor had them, he wouldn't have to fight them. He knew Spyro was just as powerful as him, but unlike Malefor, he used his power for good.

All of the above is my theory. I know it's super long, and I probably repeated myself a lot, but I hope someone takes the time to actually read it. It most likely does have plotholes, but i tried to explain it as best as I could.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:50:04 13/11/2010 by Darby
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#55 Posted: 14:50:53 13/11/2010
I think your point makes a lot of sense, Darby.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#56 Posted: 14:55:34 13/11/2010
Thank you. I was hoping someone else would understand it than just me smilie
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#57 Posted: 15:59:01 13/11/2010
When I was reading Darby's last long post, I thought:
"How can they even know about last purple dragons? Thay destroy whole world, so there's no sign of them"
Well, but Darby's arguments are very good, so I support her, too smilie Good job, Darby!
#58 Posted: 16:15:35 13/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

The Guardians wouldn't know that he was evil. Since he was the first Purple Dragon, they thought he was very special, and a rare breed of Dragon, which he was. They trusted him and raised him as said in the game itself. Then, he turned evil by choice, and that's when they realized how deadly they could be. That's why when Chief Prowlus came across Spyro, he didn't trust him. He told Hunter "Unlike you, I have not forgotten what they say Malefor was like when he was young.." By this, he meant that Malefor was just like Spyro when he was young, and he was trusted, but then he turned evil. But the Guardians knew that Malefor was evil by CHOICE. Otherwise, they would have smashed Spyro's egg. They saved it because they knew that Spyro was special, and would be extremely powerful, just like Malefor, and could be used against him. Spyro was their only chance against Malefor. They knew even if they HAD smashed Spyro's egg, they would be goners anyway since there was nothing they could do to defeat Malefor. If they didn't smash it, then Spyro would either turn evil, and they'd all die, (just like they would if they had smashed Spyro's Egg) or Spyro would remain good and be their only chance against Malefor, so MAYBE, just maybe, Malefor would be defeated. So they didn't smash it, because that was their only chance against Malefor.
I'm saying I think he was the first Purple Dragon, and he made up what he said to Spyro about there being many Purple Dragons who's duty was to destroy the world, otherwise, he would have never been trusted in the first place. When he was born, he was considered a very special creature because there was none like him before. They raised him and trusted him until he realized how powerful he was, and chose to be evil. Then Spyro came along, and he wasn't trusted by everyone (Chief Prowlus as an example) because they believed he would turn evil as well because the only other Purple Dragon they knew turned evil. Malefor told Spyro that there had been many Purple Dragons before him, and that their duty was to destroy the World to scare Spyro. To make Spyro think he really wasn't meant to be good, which Spyro already had second thoughts about. (Like when he uncontrollably turned Dark) He tried to make Spyro doubt his good side, and to convince him that he was evil. He said this to Spyro as a last attempt to make him and Cynder join his side, because he knew they were both powerful, and if Malefor had them, he wouldn't have to fight them. He knew Spyro was just as powerful as him, but unlike Malefor, he used his power for good.

All of the above is my theory. I know it's super long, and I probably repeated myself a lot, but I hope someone takes the time to actually read it. It most likely does have plotholes, but i tried to explain it as best as I could.

Okay, fair enough, but didn't those spirit dragons look purple to you? I always thought they were the past purple dragons which came between Malefor and Spyro, and that they rose up to defeat Malefor at the last minute.
As for going dark, it was uncontrolable in TEN, but in DotD right after Iggy's death he went evil and changed back like it was so simple. It's like Spyro had total control the whole time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:37 13/11/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#59 Posted: 16:23:29 13/11/2010
I don't care what they were, to be honest. In fact, neither the poltholes or nice, deep elements to the storyline matter to me in the long run (or is it the short run?). I just loved watching everything unfold, the voice acting was superb, the music was beautiful, and the animation was great(for the most part). And most importantly, the gameplay was fun. No amount of plotholes can take the enjoyment I had(and still have) away.

But that's just me! :3
---
#60 Posted: 16:52:52 13/11/2010
Quote: Paplok
When I was reading Darby's last long post, I thought:
"How can they even know about last purple dragons? Thay destroy whole world, so there's no sign of them"
Well, but Darby's arguments are very good, so I support her, too smilie Good job, Darby!

Wow, thank you! (: And I actually thought about that as I was typng that out, but I forgot to mention it. That part is a little more difficult for me to explain though..
Malefor wanted to destroy the World.. right? At first, I was thinking that would destroy him too, and there would be no trace of any Purple Dragon. It would be a completely new World, and he would basically destroy himself. But I don't think Malefor would destroy himself along with the whole World unless he's just downright stupid. I think if Malefor was the one to destroy the World and bring about a new Age, HE would be the one ruling the World. So if there had been Purple Dragons destroying the World before him, there would be a Purple Dragon ruling over the new World he created by destroying the old one. it would be pointless to destroy the World if you're just going to kill yourself along with it. They would have destroyed the World, and with their power, survive, bring about a new World, and rule over that World. So, if there HAD been Purple Dragons before Malefor, they would be ruling over the world, and there was no Purple Dragon ruling the World during TLoS.

I can't explain what I'm trying to say.. I lack a clear explanation right now.
#61 Posted: 17:21:36 13/11/2010
I still follow you. Maybe that explains the "Spyro's Kingdom" title for the next game. Spyro is now the next purple dragon in line to rule the world. Technically, it should be Malefor. Malefor could come back in the next game to get revenge on Spyro for stealing his world.
---
#62 Posted: 18:19:25 13/11/2010
^ Still too bad that SK will be only on DS and Wii... Please, let it be on PS2, pleeeeaseeeeeeee!!!
#63 Posted: 18:54:06 13/11/2010
The PS2 is hardly producing any games anymore, so it's unlikely. I hope it comes to Xbox 360 and PS3 though.
---
#64 Posted: 19:34:59 13/11/2010
Glad you understand it, sonicbrawler.

And I really wish they still made games for the PS2, since that's all I've got. However, I did ask for a Wii for this Christmas, so hopefully I'll get it, and be able to play the game
#65 Posted: 19:42:51 13/11/2010
Heh, the best thing which I can ask for Christmas is... I dunno, a book perhaps. If I ask my parents for PS3, Xbox or Wii for Christmas, they definitely laugh down me :/ Polish realities, Polish realities... Expensive consoles, expensive games, expensive PC parts...
#66 Posted: 19:54:23 13/11/2010
Save your pennies Paplok! Work a job, save your allowance, and one day you'll have a PS3 or Wii. I suggest you not get the 360; I hear it has many problems, specifically with overheating.
---
#67 Posted: 20:02:08 13/11/2010
Thanks, I'm still going to school, but only 1,5 year and I'll go to collage. After another 5-10 years I'll MAYBE get a job smilie You know, Polish realities (again...), I think I will work in GB. I always wanted to live in Scotland, those hills, greatest accent in entire universe (Scottish and Irish), quiet, for me a utopia. OK, let's get back to topic, stop talking about me and Polish realities smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#68 Posted: 20:14:26 13/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I see where you're coming from Darby. Sounds like a good theory to me smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#69 Posted: 22:39:58 13/11/2010
Your welcome Darby! Oh, and if you get a Wii, here are some games that I recommend getting:
Sonic Colours
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy 2
TLoZ: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

I know more, but I will just leave it at that!

@Paplok: Lol, I'm Irish! And there are MANY Irish accents, not just one!
---
#70 Posted: 01:18:21 14/11/2010
Thank you, Spyroo! (:
And thanks sonicbrawler. I'm really hoping I'll get it, and I'll keep those in mind. If I do get it, I'll make a list of games to get and add those to the list smilie
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#71 Posted: 15:34:03 17/11/2010
WTF IS GOING ON?
KasiyatheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2537
#72 Posted: 23:03:49 17/11/2010
Sorry to just randomly barge in on this, but what is this Spyro's Kingdom game I hear of? BTW, I like your theory, Darby.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#73 Posted: 23:12:02 17/11/2010
Spyro's Kingdom is an upcoming Spyro game Activision is trying to hide evidence of.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#74 Posted: 23:22:17 17/11/2010
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=33926

And heres the topic if you wanna talk about it.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#75 Posted: 00:24:47 18/11/2010
Quote: KasiyatheDragon
Sorry to just randomly barge in on this, but what is this Spyro's Kingdom game I hear of? BTW, I like your theory, Darby.

Thank you smilie And just follow the link posted above.. And like Aura said, it's a new Spyro game to be released next year sometime, but we have little information on it.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me