darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Do you dislike this game? Let's talk about it! :)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Do you dislike this game? Let's talk about it! :) [CLOSED]
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#201 Posted: 22:31:13 22/11/2010
I would have loved to see a Krome Dark Cynder!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#202 Posted: 22:32:33 22/11/2010
Well, I don't think Classic Spyro should have a romantic relationship(at least in the actual games) but I just love LoS Spyro X Cynder!

Although, I do have a little crossover shipping for Cynder that I think would be quite interesting...AHERM!...moving on...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#203 Posted: 22:33:40 22/11/2010
Quote: Darby

YES, she would have been amazing!

Eh, SxC's too poorly made. I can support it in ANB & TEN, but not DotD.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#204 Posted: 22:37:55 22/11/2010
I made a mock up of Krome Dark Cynder, but I never plan on doing anything with it. I sometimes download pictures and edit them on GIMP 2.0 just for fun.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#205 Posted: 01:00:10 23/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm with you in all of this, Spyroo.

I was actually one of the very first SxC shippers out there. In ANB and TEN, the hints we got at it made it cute and the ambiguity made it fun. DotD shoved it so far down my throat I barfed it all back up and I was sorely tempted to literally burn my old SxC art (fortunately for the SxC fans, some nice folks took it off my hands instead).

Couples in action/adventure games are fun when they're ambiguous. The point of the game isn't their relationships and subtlety makes it sweeter (a good example is the stuff in Avatar: the Last Airbender; while not a game, the series mixes the romances very lightly into the over-arcing adventure and doesn't make it the big focus or finale, but uses it as a final little sprinkle of sugar at the very end). With DotD, we didn't see any relationship developing between Spyro and Cynder at all (in fact, all those two did was fight with each other or play around like friends). Cynder's last little line felt tacked on and way overblown given the circumstances.

If someone you've only known for two weeks tells you they love you like that, run. Call the cops. That's not romance, it's stalking, and she will probably kill you and wear your skin in the near future.
#206 Posted: 19:24:29 23/11/2010
You think Spyro X Cynder is forced? Try Sonic X Elise, or Chris X Sheva(I've hardly seen much of these two, but I was playing co-op with my friend recently and it already feels forced).
---
#207 Posted: 19:32:51 23/11/2010 | Topic Creator
I don't really care if characters from a series of games/shows I have no interest in and have heard nothing about are being jammed into forced relationships, frankly. It doesn't really matter if something out there is worse, that still doesn't change that it sucked for many players to have SxC jammed so far down their throats it stained their socks purple.
#208 Posted: 20:04:38 23/11/2010
I didn't feel forced, but that's just me. And I like the couple anyway!
---
#209 Posted: 20:06:32 23/11/2010 | Topic Creator
You probably just haven't watched as many movies or read as many books. When I was fifteen, it would've seemed fine to me, too. As someone who's old enough to have been in love (and to have been married for three years and counting), I wanted to punch whoever wrote it into the script.
#210 Posted: 20:13:38 23/11/2010
Nah, I don't think that's it. I have felt forced relationships, even in the theatre(and in a musical I performed in recently). Spyro and Cynder are just characters I like and I like the idea of them being together.
---
#211 Posted: 20:26:46 23/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Ah, that's it, then. That scene didn't bug me much when I was still an SxC shipper. Once the shipping daze wore off, though, and the pairing stopped being interesting (or even tolerable), I realized just how forced it was.
#212 Posted: 20:36:28 23/11/2010
I can see some elements of it being forced. But it's not near as bad as the others I've seen, so I'm cool with it.
---
#213 Posted: 23:51:26 23/11/2010
Eh, it still feels way more forced than any other videogame pairing I've ever seen before.

DotD was what pushed me to become anti-SxC. Just completely rushed and a load of nonsense, really.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#214 Posted: 23:56:07 23/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Hey, me too, Spyroo. smilie Most SxC fan videos that have fanart have my work in them from back when I thought it was cute (i.e., in ANB and TEN). I think I did maybe two SxC drawings with DotD Spyro and Cynder before the game came out and started ruining it (the rabid fanbrats absolutely nuked any enjoyment I had in the pairing, but the game didn't help).
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#215 Posted: 00:12:56 24/11/2010
*looks at name, sighs*

I am in a love hate relationship with my screen name. Back then I was young and naive, but I knew SxC would be a realtionship, or close to it. So I made my screen name. And I was the first one on this site. So that makes me waaaay cooler than all the other 'fanbrats' that made theirs after SxC became cool. smilie

But now the fanbase and the game has started to ruin it for me. But I have way to many gems to just give it up.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#216 Posted: 00:41:34 24/11/2010 | Topic Creator
*pat pat* It's a shame you can't change it. Ah well. At least you didn't draw 50+ pieces of fanart for the pairing before it all went south and you can't watch a Spyro fanvid without seeing your shameful past. D:

The ratchet icon helps draw the eye away from the name, though. smilie
#217 Posted: 12:26:23 24/11/2010
lolz I know right? Besides, we jumped on the bandwagon when everyone was still saying that they were siblings. So like I said, we supported it before it turned to crap, and now more people are being all fanspazztic over it even though now it is crap. xD

Though I have found a fan fic or two in which their relationship actually grows, and isn't like "OMG another guy my age! I love you!"

And apparently the name for the new game at this point is Spyro's Kingdom...

I have little hopes for this game.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#218 Posted: 15:30:07 24/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Yep! And now all the fanbrats who loooove SxC complain at us for hating it, little realizing that it's people like us who started this whole thing. God, I feel so dirty. smilie

I read one or two SxC fanfics back in the day that were cute, but these days I can't even stand to see them together in a good fic. It's sort of Pavlovian, but instead of drooling when I hear the bell, I get "rip 'em a new one" angry when someone mentions SxC in a good light in my general direction. smilie

Thanks to DotD, the Spyro franchise is dead to me after AHT. If Spyro's Kingdom actually is released, it's going to have to prove itself now. I will probably still buy it since I collect Spyro games themselves, but it doesn't get a free ride like the other games did.
#219 Posted: 16:33:24 24/11/2010
The thing that amuses me with Spyro's Kingdom is that people are saying things like 'This game had better be good, or it could destroy the series/better not be a reboot because it will separate the fandom' despite the fact that the Legend series, particularly DotD, has already done that.
---
#220 Posted: 13:12:07 25/11/2010
lolz, every time I hear 'Spyro's Kingdom' I think of the circle of life, and wonder if his kingdom is everything where the light touches. xD
---
#221 Posted: 13:28:23 25/11/2010
Pfft smilie

Spyro: Everything the light touches, is our kingdom,
Random dragon baby: But what about that shadowy place?
Spyro: That's just Cynder down there.
---
#222 Posted: 16:01:19 25/11/2010 | Topic Creator
HA! smilie

Elora: *comes out and picks up her baby* Cynder, stop camping out on our porch!

(Because things like that make rabid SxC fans cry. smilie)

Honestly, I think I'm the only person who doesn't care about the new game's name. If it's a working title, great. If that winds up being the official name, neat. We all laughed at the Wii when it came out and that system made us eat our words, silly name be damned. "Beyond Good & Evil" is pretty much the most awesome name in all of video gaming but the game tanked originally (alas; it was an amazing game). We all thought "Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon" would be a cool game about Spyro with such a neat name, and look where that got us. A name doesn't really mean much in terms of video games.
#223 Posted: 16:37:57 25/11/2010
true. I guess I should stop getting all ticked over the name. But I just can't see Spyro as a king or something.

And that thing is totally my new sig.
---
#224 Posted: 19:03:14 25/11/2010
There is nothing wrong with the title Spyro's Kingdom. I will give you 3 guesses as to what someone said to me when I told them the title of Sonic Colours a couple of months ago.....
---
#225 Posted: 21:18:50 25/11/2010
lolz, When I first heard it, I thought they were gonna turn it into an episode of dora the explorer.
---
#226 Posted: 21:20:34 25/11/2010
Quote: Razz
HA! smilie

Elora: *comes out and picks up her baby* Cynder, stop camping out on our porch!

Somewhere, a Cynder fan is screaming at your post smilie

Quote: SpyroxCynder
true. I guess I should stop getting all ticked over the name. But I just can't see Spyro as a king or something.

And that thing is totally my new sig.

Pfft, awesome smilie

I don't mind the title, I just don't want to see Spyro as a king, and that will be the only thing that concerns me D:
---
#227 Posted: 21:26:40 25/11/2010
I totally want to make my own character as a match for Cynder now. I can totally see her with a punk rocker.
---
#228 Posted: 21:34:08 25/11/2010
2 guesses left.....
---
#229 Posted: 21:35:34 25/11/2010
I totally want to make my own character as a match for Cynder now. I can totally see her with a punk rocker.

Dude, that would be awesome smilie
---
#230 Posted: 19:42:52 26/11/2010

Ta-da! 5 min pic done for the lolz.

and they're anthros. I haven't drawn in so long I'm kinda in a stump. D:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:49 26/11/2010 by SpyroxCynder
#231 Posted: 19:45:16 26/11/2010
Woah, that's really cool. I can't draw humans to save my life smilie
---
#232 Posted: 19:48:01 26/11/2010
This pic isn't my finest. But it's good enough. xD

I soooo wanted to draw Cyn giving someone the bird, but didn't, since it was going on here.
---
#233 Posted: 22:57:00 26/11/2010
Rofl smilie It's really good, I can only do that by tracing smilie
---
#234 Posted: 00:26:52 27/11/2010 | Topic Creator
For some reason, I was hoping for a female character who was like Cynder only with a mohawk and spiked collar. smilie
#235 Posted: 14:35:01 27/11/2010
lolz. I could do that. xD

this was just the first rough sketch. I plan to run with this once I get my school work done. And winter break is in like 3-4 weeks. smilie
---
#236 Posted: 18:30:08 27/11/2010 | Topic Creator
This was what popped into my mind. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Links in case it didn't work:

deviantART

FurAffinity
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#237 Posted: 18:44:11 27/11/2010
Razz, thats awesome. I totally pictured Cynder with someone like that, too.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#238 Posted: 21:13:02 27/11/2010
lolz, awesome.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#239 Posted: 08:26:32 28/11/2010
One of my fan characters, Blueflame, is something similar to that, except he looks more like Spyro (not a Spyro recolour). xD

Heck, the spikes look almost the exact same. xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#240 Posted: 18:43:24 28/11/2010
Heheh, awesome smilie
---
#241 Posted: 11:46:01 29/11/2010

If Krome would have made DOTD, I bet they would have made Adult/Dark Cynder come back. D:

But we got a Dark Spyro ripoff instead.... It frustrates me a little, because I thought that Cynder was going to become all badass again.
---
#242 Posted: 11:53:29 29/11/2010
Dark Spyro himself is a rip-off of Dark Super Sonic:
[User Posted Image]
---
#243 Posted: 11:58:15 29/11/2010
lolz, I went and watched that cutscene from when they entered the lair. Apparently Malefor has a big M etched onto his gold door. xD

And then spyro goes 'Are you ready for this?'. I immediately thought of 'Are you ready to ROCK!?' xD

Plus plenty of other great laughs that have distracted me from the ache in my shoulder.
---
#244 Posted: 15:27:47 29/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543

If Krome would have made DOTD, I bet they would have made Adult/Dark Cynder come back. D:

But we got a Dark Spyro ripoff instead.... It frustrates me a little, because I thought that Cynder was going to become all badass again.

Yeah, they really screwed up there :/

In this game, both Dark Spyro & Dark Cynder were pointless add-ons to make fans squeal.
---
#245 Posted: 19:01:27 29/11/2010
Well, it DOES make sense that they would do at some point. Fans of any series want to see the stuff that they like in their games, so why not put in some fan service? I guarantee you that if they put skateboarding in the next game, people would be saying the exact same thing and you would be sqeualing! (I might squeal too!smilie)
---
#246 Posted: 22:15:26 29/11/2010
It was a bit different to that though..... Skateboarding was actually a part of the game, and was used with reason. DS & DC were both pointless and didn't have any use.

Trouble is, DotD was more fanservice, less actual game.
---
#247 Posted: 01:35:20 30/11/2010 | Topic Creator
DotD was all fan service, specifically fan service for LoS fans, which is mystefying since LoS had been doing poorly and most of the people who played DotD hadn't played the other two games.
#248 Posted: 07:33:04 30/11/2010
That explains why it's so cheesy, and why SpyroxCynder was thrown in our face. -_-
---
#249 Posted: 09:56:22 30/11/2010
But the point is, there WOULD be people who don't want skateboarding in Spyro, and they WOULD say that it's fan service for the old fans, just to fill their nostalgic cravings. And let's be honest, if they do put skateboarding in a Spyro game again, that would be the only reason. It wouldn't impress anyone new to the series, as they would of probably played a Skate or Tony Hawk game, which are better than Spyro's skateboarding mini-games. Partly because they are FULL GAMES based around skateboarding. The same could be said for a lot of features in the original Spyro games.
---
#250 Posted: 10:29:45 30/11/2010
You don't get the point here.

Skateboarding had a REASON for being in the game. And to be honest, Tony Hawk has no interest to me whatsoever. I think Spyro's skateboarding games are much more fun, on the idea alone. And actually, yes, it would impress some people. It's FUN. An add-on. Not meant to be spectacular. It's why it's called a 'mini-game'.

......If you like DotD so much, why do you keep defending it on a topic aimed at dislike of the game?
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me