Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Clash [CLOSED]
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#1 Posted: 02:29:06 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
*fanfare* First story online!

"Are you serious?" Aubrey said. " Look at me, this is my not joking face."Macrae replied. Aubrey sighed and shifted position on top of her desk. " Let me get this straight. You want to sneak off on a field trip to the Howling Caves, try and find some secret chamber and not get caught? Oh, and also find buried treasure?"
Macrae huffed and pulled a book from her backpack. She flipped to a marked page and pointed. "Look, I've done research and I'm positive there's something in those caves." Aubrey glanced sarcastically at the book. It read, " The Howling Caves in Giffenstaw, Minesota. Believed to be a site where "magic" was once practiced hundreds of years before the medieval ages."
"And this proves your theory how?" Macrae reached into her backpack agian and brought out four more books. "Each of these say that and also they suggest that there is something in those caves."
"Well why do you tell the mayor or something? Or your Dad?"
" My foster father doesn't believe me and if I go to the mayor and his politics, it'll never get done. Besides,"Macrae lowered her voice. "Haven't you always wanted to break the rules?"
Aubrey picked at her jacket and replied, "Well, when you put it that way." At that moment the door opened and Mr Woolrich stepped in the classroom. " Ah good morning class, are you ready for an adventure?" The class responded with despondent moans of caffeine deprived students (the pop machine was still out of order) and sporadic "yays" and "yeahs". "Wow...maybe we will postpone the field trip until--" " No!"Macrae said and several other student did the same. "Get your fannies out of those chair then and head to the bus! We ain't got all day!" Aubrey hopped of the top of her desk, while Macrae hurridly stuffed the books into her bag again. As they walked to the door, Macrae whispered, " Are you game" A grin filled Aubrey's face. " Oh yeah, I'm in." " Glad you changed your mind." They walked through the door.

Sound good? Want more?
---
I is ded
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#2 Posted: 03:31:57 17/10/2010
Nice! I like! Very well written. I'm gonna have to read the rest when you post it!
#3 Posted: 03:45:49 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Thanks! Ya, me is excited for the rest if it!
---
I is ded
#4 Posted: 03:59:29 17/10/2010
Yesh! Yesh! Yesh!
#5 Posted: 04:46:37 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
A three hour bus ride later.

Macrae science class stood in front of the malevolent opening to the Howling Caves. They were called that because when the wind swept through them, it sounded like banshees adn werewolves and ghouls, oh my! Macrae thought wryly. "Line up, chillin's! Now we have a few rules here so I'll turn the time over to our guide, Mr. Rickston." Mr. Woolrich said. Mr, Rickston was an extremely gangly person, who looked like he didn't get enough sun. He glided on long legs to the side of Mr.Woolrich. " The rules are...number one: stay together....number two:no shouting, there is an extremely loud echo in there if you haven't clued in...number two, no wait, number three--"
Aubrey leaned over to Macrae. " How do you know where to look?" "Here, I printed these off the internet." She pulled a folded piece of paper from her pocket. "It shows the geography of the caves. And here," She pointed, "Is where I'm certain a different chamber is." Aubrey grabbed the paper and squinted at it. " How sure? What if it's a bottomless abyss we fall into?" Macrae snatched it back. "Then I'll let you go first." She retorted. Aubrey stuck her tongue out. "---number nineteen, boys no peeing in the caves, it being wholly inappropriate." Several boys in a group next to them, snickered and whispered to each other. Mr.Woolrich put on his "I heart rocks" hat on and then a headlight and said. "Move out juniors!" Aubrey brought out her MiniMag flashlight and turned it on. With a flourish, Macrae produced a MEGA-LED Megalight flashlight and shined it in Aubrey face. Aubrey just stuck out her tongue again and the two followed the rest into the yawning mouth of the Howling Caves.
..........................................40 minutes later...............................................
Macrae and Aubrey had worked their way to the very back of the group and slowed their pace. Macrae pulled out her map and examined it. " Are we here?" Aubrey asked. "Mmm. I think so." She flipped her flashlight up to the ceiling. " It's s'posed to be to the left in this big cavern, so..." She walked over to the wall. "Psst!" From the other side of the cave, Macrae waved Aubrey over. She flipped off her MEGA-LED." Turn off yours." Aghast, Aubrey said. "No!" Macrae snatched and turned it off and watched the combined light of the others fade until they were in complete darkness. "Well that's not creepy at all." Aubrey's voice said beside her. Macrae gave it a count of five then gave Aubrey back her light and turned hers back on. She walked forward a couple paces and said, "Here." She motioned to a very small opening. Aubrey scoffed. "This? This tiny little insane hole in the wall?" "Ssh! Yes, this tiny little insane hole in the wall." Aubrey stood there for a second and scuffed her feet. "You first." "Fine, you baby." She refolded the paper and stuffed it in her pocket and put her flashlight in her mouth adn crawled in thw hole.
---
I is ded
#6 Posted: 04:49:04 17/10/2010
I'm gonna read this tomorrow. Sorry. Sleep is finally upon me.
#7 Posted: 04:53:54 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Is okay.smilie Go to sleep.....go to sleeep.....go to sleeeeeep little Goldenfire....
---
I is ded
#8 Posted: 05:00:06 17/10/2010
smilie Don't do that Zim fan. I'll hurt you. *fangs and claws slide out*
#9 Posted: 05:10:54 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *runs away screaming*
---
I is ded
#10 Posted: 05:13:12 17/10/2010
Smart person. Smart person. *fangs and claws slide away*
#11 Posted: 05:15:02 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
*still running away screaming*
---
I is ded
#12 Posted: 05:16:53 17/10/2010
.......You can stop now Zim Fangirl.
#13 Posted: 05:17:42 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
smilie Okay.

This is WAAAAAAY off topic! LOL smilie
---
I is ded
#14 Posted: 05:18:38 17/10/2010
Oh yeah. You got no clue. Anyway, Imma stop posting off topic stuff here and we can go post off topic stuff on my story, kay?
#15 Posted: 05:19:50 17/10/2010 | Topic Creator
*salutes* okee dokee!
---
I is ded
#16 Posted: 02:23:22 22/10/2010
Yo! Next chapta please! Me still waiting!
#17 Posted: 03:21:43 22/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh sorry!

MaCrae pulled herself through the hole and saw.....more stalactites. Nothing. Her head brushed the ceiling and she walked forward hoping it would get bigger. She heard a scrape and turned her light back to the hole where Aubrey skooched through. Aubrey stood up and bumped her head on the low ceiling. "Ow! Wait, is this how big it is?" She said, panic creeping up her spine. MaCrae walked back and led her by the arm ,"It's okay, it gets bigger up ahead." She lied. She had no idea what to expect and she really hoped it would get bigger. She wasn't claustrophobic like Aubrey but small spaces wasn't a personal favourite. She looked at her paper again while walking. She put her fingers to her mouth and blew on them. It was terribly cold. " I think--OOF." She walked face first into the wall. "Uh, yeah, there's a wall there by the way." Aubrey said sarcasticly. "Thanks." MaCrae rubbed her head. " See this bit here? I think it's a collapsed tunnel or something. It should be around this spot." Aubrey scanned the place. " Hate to be a downer, but...I don't see...anything." "MaCrae? MaCrae!" " Ssh! Don't shout!" She appeared from behind a boulder. " I found something, but you're not going to like it." Aubrey grimaced. "Is it small?" "Eeeh...ish." MaCrae shrugged. Aubrey walked over and inspected the "small-ish" hole. " She looked to MaCrae. " Do I need to say 'You first' ?" MaCrae rolled her eyes and squeezed through the hole, followed relunctently by Aubrey. After two more disapointing caves and holes, they came to it. The cavern was more like a room. A high ceiling with one or two small holes streaming weak light through to the floor. Huge stalactites and stalagmites dominated the border of the room. But it wasn't these features that held MaCrae's and Aubrey's gaze. It was the thing the whole room was about. A solid gold pedestal lay in the middle of the room. And round about it was littered treasure of all sorts. MaCrae gaped. " Oh my GOSH! You were right! I mean, you wre actually right! Not that I doubted you or anything..." Aubrey hugged MaCrae. MaCrae finally shut her mouth and said, "Race you to the middle?" Aubrey grinned and they took off. Nearing the pedestal MaCrae skidded to a halt and stopped Aubrey from running further. For on the pedestal lay a girl. "What the--?" Aubrey said. They walked forward slowly. The girl was surround by something, slightly murky. MaCrae reached out her hand to touch it. Aubrey said quietly, "Don't." Slowly, MaCrae's hand came in contact with the surfaced and it rippled. The rippled raced over all of the surface. "Whoa, " She said, "it's almost like rubber." She lookd back down to the girl. She looked about her own age, 16, maybe older. And she was dressed in peculiar clothes, leather and looked to be from medieval time. "Who is she?" Aubrey asked. "And why isn't she, you know,...decomposed?" "It must be this shield thing." She touched it again. But this time the whole thing collapsed and splashed like water everywhere, but then evaporated. And then the girl took a deep breath. That's when the earthquake started.

DUN DUN DUN.....
---
I is ded
#18 Posted: 19:41:59 22/10/2010
Tanks! I like! smilie I very sucked into it now. More! more!
#19 Posted: 21:44:50 22/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Ignoring the rumbling earth all around them MaCrae stared at the girl, not believing the rise and fall of her chest. "MacCrae! We have to get out of here! We're going to die!" Aubrey grabbed MaCrae's arm and pulled. MaCrae yanked her hand back and gestured to the girl. " We can't leave her! She's alive!" " Soon we won't be!" MaCrae took Aubrey by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. " We can't leave her. I won't. Please help me." Aubrey nodded and together they pulled the girl off and draped her arms acrossed their shoulders and staggered to the hole. They got themselves and her through relativley easy. MaCrae would go first the they'd put her on her back and MaCrae would pull her by her arms and Aubrey would lift her legs through. It wasn't a comfortable way and not entirely pain free, but when you're going to die in an earthquake, you don't quite care.

The suspense builds......and leaves you wantin' more!
---
I is ded
#20 Posted: 22:07:23 22/10/2010
I didn' mean right away! Gaaah!
#21 Posted: 22:08:20 22/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Ha ha ha!
---
I is ded
#22 Posted: 22:36:11 22/10/2010
I'm busy. Wead it some oddew time.
#23 Posted: 22:22:43 26/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Luck was on their side, for when they emerged from the last hole, they saw the the backs of all the class running for the opening. The whole ground shook and there was a sound like giant bowling ball sliding toward them. Then the wind picked up. It swept through the caves and a high pitched keening sound kicked up. MaCrae and Aubrey clapped their free hands over an ear as they ran. The sound was worse than the school's fire alarms and louder than a Boeing plane taking off. MaCrae's legs burned from running with the dead weight of the girl. The entrance seemed so far away. Mr. Woolrich had made it to the entrance and was gesturing wildy to the buses. MaCrae and Aubrey skittered up the slight incline of the entrance and ran into the full blinding sunlight. They could hear the guide screaming." Get clear! Get clear!" They reached the bus and MaCrae told Aubrey to go first and lifted the girl onto the bus and into the fourth seat. There, she collapsed, exhuasted. She smiled weakly at Aubrey, who was trying to catch her breath. She returned a clipped smile. As the last person scrambled on the driver screamed, "Is that everyone?" And when he got confident confirmation, he slammed the bus in gear and roared out of there. MaCrae didn't know buses could go so fast. She hoped the guide got out okay.
As everyone caught their breath, Mr.Woolrich asked." Is everyone okay?" Everyone was shaken and a few people had rocks fall on their heads, but everyone got out unscathed. "What happened? We don't earthquakes like that here." Someone asked. " I--I don't know." Mr. Woolrich stuttered breathily. But MaCrae knew, so did Aubrey. Somehow, they had caused the earthquake. And, looking at the unconcious girl, MaCrae wondered if waking her, though accidently, was a deadly wrong. MaCrae inhaled deeply and let the air out explosively. Mr. Woolrich slithered to the seat beside them. "MaCrae,... who is that?" His finger was pointed at the girl. 'Uh...."
---
I is ded
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#24 Posted: 22:35:16 26/10/2010
I like it, I don't understand why people don't make new paragraphs when people talk though! Its the basic step in story making!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#25 Posted: 22:36:37 26/10/2010 | Topic Creator
I know, sometimes it bugs me, but I can't be bothered to, I'm too lazy.smilie
---
I is ded
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#26 Posted: 22:37:46 26/10/2010
Its not that hard! You just ype the sentence then push enter!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#27 Posted: 22:47:44 26/10/2010 | Topic Creator
So....hard.....*tries to reach Enter but fails and has a heart attack* GACK
---
I is ded
#28 Posted: 22:53:59 27/10/2010
Hahaha! I come in here after so long, to see that! Hahahah! Actually, I just type. None of my first drafts are ever on the next line, even when I'm writing. I know they should be, but I just....don't.
#29 Posted: 23:14:05 27/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Me too. You likin' it so fa'?

Oh that reminds me: Think about this sentence. I'm sofa king cool.

smilie
---
I is ded
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#30 Posted: 02:05:00 30/10/2010
*sighs* another person too lazy to start a new sentence when someone talks. oh well. anyway, the story is good and very intresting. i'm curious to find out what happens next.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#31 Posted: 01:11:28 29/11/2010
Absolutely nothing aparently...... Cause there isn't anymore at all.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me